PDA

View Full Version : WoO schedule

NeedforLMspeed
04-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Richmond postponed. Brush Creek Cancelled.

Pennsboro32
04-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Carl Short was promoting that Brush Creek race, correct? I didn't see much talk about that but thought that was interesting.

Josh Bayko
04-09-2020, 02:41 PM
I’m staring to think the next race the WoO is actually going to run is the Firecracker.

TS FAN
04-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Here is my take. Racing could easily resume in May. Or maybe July or maybe? Bottom line, nobody knows but I would not take bets on dire predictions. I say stay tuned. People are going to be fed up with this by May at the latest.

TerryM
04-09-2020, 06:04 PM
It’s definitely not happening in May. And I’m not fed up at all. It sucks, but there’s plenty of other things to do.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Here is my take. Racing could easily resume in May. Or maybe July or maybe? Bottom line, nobody knows but I would not take bets on dire predictions. I say stay tuned. People are going to be fed up with this by May at the latest.

The natives may get restless soon. We shall see. It won't be over by May in Ohio, but I bet it is in some places.

GEAR_HEAD
04-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Eventually we all have to stick together to end this illegal, unconstitutional lockdown and go racing. Preferably starting May 1. It's becoming more clear every day that the liberals worked everyone into a frenzy for their political gain and everybody overreacted. But once the libs start taking freedoms they never stop. It will be up to the tracks to open so we can support our constitutional freedoms.

Clayton_Wetters
04-09-2020, 09:07 PM
The liberals keep pushing bills with free money for the people put out of work. This has always been one of their top political ploys before elections is to buy voters.

huskerdirt
04-09-2020, 10:03 PM
IMO, I think it’s really what part of the country you live in. Some places could probably start holding weekly races by the end of May, but races like the Dream or any WoO/Lucas type races might still be in limbo.

Keep in mind. It’ll be up to the states to lift the restrictions in place. Trump isnt gonna roll out to the White House lawn, cut some magic ribbon, and boom everything is back to what it was.

GEAR_HEAD
04-09-2020, 11:26 PM
That's my point. The state governors, especially the Dems, are loving this lockdown. It's all about power to them and they're going to hold onto it as long as possible even though it's illegal and unconstitutional. Eventually people are going to demand to have their freedoms back.

Rocky
04-10-2020, 04:40 AM
Everybody needs to just open back up and not just race tracks. We could lose 90 percent of our sponsors at the local level if this keeps up. Who's gonna sponsor our cars if local hair salons , bars, local restaurants and repair businesses go under? Amazon? Wal-Mart? Don't think so.

Rachel Maddow will go on TV and bloviate how the red staters are racist murderers anyways even if y'all continue to bend to their will. So the heck with it. Make America Go Again.

3 wide
04-10-2020, 06:48 AM
But the big question everybody should ask regardless of when they open is can they draw a crowd

TS FAN
04-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Can they draw a crowd???? Absolutely. Big crowds

bullring
04-10-2020, 08:52 AM
I think tracks can draw a crowd. At least there you have the option to spread out in open air, unlike airplanes and movie theaters.

My concern is will there be sponsor dollars to keep drivers going.

Barbecueboy
04-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Eventually we all have to stick together to end this illegal, unconstitutional lockdown and go racing. Preferably starting May 1. It's becoming more clear every day that the liberals worked everyone into a frenzy for their political gain and everybody overreacted. But once the libs start taking freedoms they never stop. It will be up to the tracks to open so we can support our constitutional freedoms.

It's been pretty clear from the beginning what the lib media has done with this.....and they aren't giving advertisers a discount either, they are making bank to keep this storm going.

And trump just continues to get more popular ......idiots.

Barbecueboy
04-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Can they draw a crowd???? Absolutely. Big crowds

The pits draw the biggest crowds at a track anyway......doubtful it would even be an issue in the stands at most places.

Weekly racing I'm talking about.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 09:02 AM
Also has anybody else noticed how nobody is talking about the countries that are treating this virus with the "herd immunity" concept? That's because IT'S WORKING! They are quarantining the susceptible (we clearly now who they are by now) and encouraging people to socialize to build up the herd immunity to the virus. And it's working and their hospitals are not being overwhelmed. Ultimately it should be up to the people to quarantine if they choose to do so. They know the risks, let the people choose. The government should never choose for us. When they do it's simply for power.

JayD
04-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Also has anybody else noticed how nobody is talking about the countries that are treating this virus with the "herd immunity" concept? That's because IT'S WORKING! They are quarantining the susceptible (we clearly now who they are by now) and encouraging people to socialize to build up the herd immunity to the virus. And it's working and their hospitals are not being overwhelmed. Ultimately it should be up to the people to quarantine if they choose to do so. They know the risks, let the people choose. The government should never choose for us. When they do it's simply for power.Interesting concept I’d like to read up on this but can’t find anything. Do you have a link?

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Here's one of them. There are others too.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-sweden-isnt-doing-more-fight-coronavirus-138782

JayD
04-10-2020, 10:23 AM
Here's one of them. There are others too.https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-sweden-isnt-doing-more-fight-coronavirus-138782I did find another article, Sweden is not on lock down, they have banned crowds of 500 or more and are not encouraging people to mingle to get to this so called herd immunity. As far as I can tell no countries are doing what you mentioned. I am ok with lockdowns in hard hit areas like New York etc but feel more rural areas should do as Sweden just encourage social distancing, common sense and hope for the best. https://www.vox.com/2020/4/9/21213472/coronavirus-sweden-herd-immunity-cases-death

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 10:29 AM
Sweden is doing what the UK was doing a few weeks ago. Now look at where the UK is today.

Tireguy17
04-10-2020, 10:30 AM
I did find another article, Sweden is not on lock down, they have banned crowds of 500 or more and are not encouraging people to mingle to get to this so called herd immunity. As far as I can tell no countries are doing what you mentioned. I am ok with lockdowns in hard hit areas like New York etc but feel more rural areas should do as Sweden just encourage social distancing, common sense and hope for the best. https://www.vox.com/2020/4/9/21213472/coronavirus-sweden-herd-immunity-cases-death

The problem is that most americans need help using common sense. If government today would say "in the 40-some states that have been less impacted by Covid-19, all restrictions are lifted, but be sure to keep social distancing and stay 6-feet apart." Most would disregard the last part and go back to doing what they were all doing before March. And that is a huge risk.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-10-2020, 11:43 AM
The problem is that most americans need help using common sense. If government today would say "in the 40-some states that have been less impacted by Covid-19, all restrictions are lifted, but be sure to keep social distancing and stay 6-feet apart." Most would disregard the last part and go back to doing what they were all doing before March. And that is a huge risk.

So, we are too stupid to be free? Let Darwin do his job.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 11:55 AM

In this case, it's not just the stupid person that gets killed.

Tireguy17
04-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Like was said above, I don't want the dense people to take the good people with them.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 12:43 PM

It's only a huge risk for those who are susceptible to complications! Just like during a flu outbreak. Those people know who they are, let them decide how to handle it.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 12:44 PM
It's only a huge risk for those who are susceptible to complications! Just like during a flu outbreak. Those people know who they are, let them decide how to handle it.

There are a significant number of healthy 30 year olds who have died from covid-19 with no explanation why it hit them that hard.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 12:48 PM
There are a significant number of healthy 30 year olds who have died from covid-19 with no explanation why it hit them that hard.

There is an explanation. Were they diabetic? Smokers? Vapers? The lefty media won't tell you about their underlying conditions because they want to scare you. And you're gullible enough to fall for it. 30 year olds could also be killed by car accidents. Should we shut the highways down? We all flirt with death on a daily basis. That doesn't mean we have to overreact to everything.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 12:56 PM
There is an explanation. Were they diabetic? Smokers? Vapers? The lefty media won't tell you about their underlying conditions because they want to scare you. And you're gullible enough to fall for it. 30 year olds could also be killed by car accidents. Should we shut the highways down? We all flirt with death on a daily basis. That doesn't mean we have to overreact to everything.

They weren't smokers, vapers, or diabetics. Dr Fauci has talked about them and how mysterious the deaths are.

lurker
04-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Dr Fauci has talked about them and how mysterious the deaths are.

And at one time ---

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and one of the lead White House Coronavirus Task Force members, is on record telling Newsmax in January that the coronavirus was “not a major threat.”

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 01:13 PM
And at one time ---

New information comes fast during a novel virus pandemic.

Pennsboro32
04-10-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm not big into conspiracy theories or anything, but it's funny how much trust a few of you put into your government.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 01:19 PM
I don't put trust into our government. I put trust into experts who have made epidemiology their career and have devoted their life to studying it. I trust the experts more than I trust a random hillbilly on a racing forum.

Barbecueboy
04-10-2020, 01:28 PM
Yet you're one of the few on this racing forum that have a garage full of toilet paper.........strange.

Barbecueboy
04-10-2020, 01:30 PM
New information comes fast during a novel virus pandemic.

A great reason to listen to ALL of it......not just the parts you like.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Yet you're one of the few on this racing forum that have a garage full of toilet paper.........strange.

That might be what you've done, but my garage just has a race car in it.

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 01:37 PM
A great reason to listen to ALL of it......not just the parts you like.

You should find a mirror to repeat that into.

Tireguy17
04-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Honest and simple question for those of you that do not believe that Covid-19 is a threat to our well being, whether you think its a hoax or what ever else......

How do you downgrade what is happening in New York City, where population density is high?

Put 2,000 people together at a race track, or 70,000 at an NFL game this weekend and you will have the same issue on a smaller scale. Then those infected go home as carriers and it spreads.

It's painful for A LOT of people to be out of work and we can't enjoy our leisure activity, but I trust government on this one.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 02:37 PM
Honest and simple question for those of you that do not believe that Covid-19 is a threat to our well being, whether you think its a hoax or what ever else......

How do you downgrade what is happening in New York City, where population density is high?

Put 2,000 people together at a race track, or 70,000 at an NFL game this weekend and you will have the same issue on a smaller scale. Then those infected go home as carriers and it spreads.

It's painful for A LOT of people to be out of work and we can't enjoy our leisure activity, but I trust government on this one.

The majority of those people are of the same demographic and have the same underlying conditions. The numbers are out there. Those people can make the decisions themselves to stay quarantined or take extraordinary precautions to keep from getting infected. It's not that difficult to understand. It doesn't make sense to punish the entire population of the country by driving us into another great depression to protect a small demographic. Those folks lived through wars and are tougher than most people are nowadays, they can decide how to best protect themselves.

Pennsboro32
04-10-2020, 02:47 PM
I don't put trust into our government. I put trust into experts who have made epidemiology their career and have devoted their life to studying it. I trust the experts more than I trust a random hillbilly on a racing forum.A random hillbilly lol.

fryefan
04-10-2020, 04:37 PM
I don't put trust into our government. I put trust into experts who have made epidemiology their career and have devoted their life to studying it. I trust the experts more than I trust a random hillbilly on a racing forum.

Agreed. The people who think this is a conspiracy have their heads buried deep in the sand.

One Man Gang
04-10-2020, 04:40 PM
I’m not into the conspiracy theories but I find it odd that we can find water on Saturn or find out who raped or killed somebody in 1960 but our brilliant medical minds can’t find a antidote for this sh!t they’ve knew about for 6 months now. A backwoods toothless @ssclown can take battery acid, wasp spray and fertilizer and make meth out of it but our brainiacs in the smartest labs in the country can’t find a f’king cure ?

mcarter815
04-10-2020, 04:49 PM
There are vaccines in trials right now. It takes several months to get new vaccines and medicines approved once they are found. The FDA, and equivalent organizations in other countries, have to verify that they are safe for human use before they can be made available and that takes time.

lurker
04-10-2020, 04:59 PM
conspiracy theories

conspiracy

conspiracy theories

I must be out of the loop on this, what’s the conspiracy or conspiracy theories?

over4T
04-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Those of you who think the "herd immunity" treatment is a good idea must get this from the wildebeast or antelope herds that try to gangcross a crocodile infested African river. The crocs can only get a few of the hundreds that try but every time they try again a few more are nailed. Sorry guys, we're not prey animals and we have better options than to cross the river.

JayD
04-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Agreed. The people who think this is a conspiracy have their heads buried deep in the sand.Or as our president stated at one of his feel good rallies it's a democratic hoax.

Josh Bayko
04-10-2020, 06:20 PM
There are vaccines in trials right now. It takes several months to get new vaccines and medicines approved once they are found. The FDA, and equivalent organizations in other countries, have to verify that they are safe for human use before they can be made available and that takes time.

UPMC has a potential vaccine that’s ready for human trials, they’re waiting on the FDA.

lastplacecar
04-10-2020, 06:21 PM
I certainly don’t have the answers but I only see us having 2 options: 1) we all just continue social distancing wait the 1 1/2 years so they can maybe create a a vaccine and do all the proper testing (what happens IF it doesn’t work, wait another 1 1/2 years so now we’re social distancing for 3 years? Or 2) open everything back up. I’m fortunate that I’m a supposedly an “essential” worker or maybe it’s an expendable worker but we can not go years waiting on a vaccine. The world will die from starvation before they die from the virus. Relying on the government to print fake money is not the answer.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Or as our president stated at one of his feel good rallies it's a democratic hoax.

Yeah, that didn't happen. Keep your liberal fake news to yourself.

TerryM
04-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Yeah, that didn't happen. Keep your liberal fake news to yourself.
I’m a Republican who watches both sides of the news. Trump definitely called it a hoax. More than once.

lurker
04-10-2020, 07:31 PM
This is what I remember.

To be clear, Trump did not suggest that the virus itself was a hoax. After all, just two days before the rally he had appointed Mike Pence to head up a task force to address it. But his words at the Feb. 28 rally made it clear that he meant the criticism leveled by Democrats leading up to that was a hoax, with Trump telling his supporters, “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus.” He then claimed one of his people said to him, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.” Trump then boasted how “they lost” in all those efforts, finally adding the infamous line, “And this is their new hoax.”

What did he mean by this was the Democrats’ “new hoax”? On Feb. 29, Trump was asked that very question at a press conference by a reporter who noted now that the first American had died from the virus, “Do you regret that kind of talk?” to which Trump defiantly responded, “No, no, no.”

Trump then explained what he meant, saying that he was referring “to the action that they take to try and pin this on somebody, because we’ve done such a good job. The hoax is on them, not—I’m not talking about what’s happening here; I’m talking what they’re doing. That’s the hoax.” Trump then again invoked past investigations: “That’s just a continuation of the hoax, whether it’s the impeachment hoax or the Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.”

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Exactly, he clearly said their fake anger toward his response was a hoax. Remember, when he banned flights from China at the end of January the Dems called him a racist and said he was overreacting. Crazy Nancy was in Chinatown telling people to go out. Then two weeks later they were "outraged" that he didn't do anything sooner. They can't have it both ways. But that's what the haters do, they twist words to push their agenda. Dems are a hoax. They report fake news and people like Terry believe it.

Joe Biden did actually say that the cure for the virus was going to make things worse. You can interpret that any way you'd like.

TerryM
04-10-2020, 08:33 PM
I saw it live on TV. I believe what I see with my own eyes. I hate all politicians, so I’m not biased like you guys. Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.

lurker
04-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.

Terry, with all due respect - All-around, isn’t that exactly what Trump is doing, that perpetuates the madness from the Left?

Barbecueboy
04-10-2020, 10:15 PM
Or as our president stated at one of his feel good rallies it's a democratic hoax.

I thought he referred to the coverage it was getting as the dem hoax.......not the virus itself.

GEAR_HEAD
04-10-2020, 10:52 PM
I thought he referred to the coverage it was getting as the dem hoax.......not the virus itself.

Because like some of us you can understand the English language.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2020, 12:21 AM
Those of you who think the "herd immunity" treatment is a good idea must get this from the wildebeast or antelope herds that try to gangcross a crocodile infested African river. The crocs can only get a few of the hundreds that try but every time they try again a few more are nailed. Sorry guys, we're not prey animals and we have better options than to cross the river.

We've only got so many months to live. We can waste them cowering in fear or we can take the 1% risk and move on.

TBSprintFan
04-11-2020, 12:29 AM
I saw it live on TV. I believe what I see with my own eyes. I hate all politicians, so I’m not biased like you guys. Some of you need to grow a pair and man up, and stop sucking up to these idiots.

Terry M, what you said was the 2nd best post of the year, you nailed it bang on. Too many nut huggers of both parties on here.

GEAR_HEAD
04-11-2020, 09:38 AM
We've only got so many months to live. We can waste them cowering in fear or we can take the 1% risk and move on.

Exactly, people die every day for many other reasons. It happens. Time to move on. If you get sick you'll likely recover like every other time you've gotten sick. It's obvious now that some government officials are using this shutdown for other motives.

mcarter815
04-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Enough people dying will also wreck the economy and then we would have a wrecked economy AND a lot of dead people.

GEAR_HEAD
04-11-2020, 10:13 AM
Enough people dying will also wreck the economy and then we would have a wrecked economy AND a lot of dead people.

A great depression will kill more people than the virus.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2020, 11:34 AM

Yup. Enough dead would. 2%, mostly pensioners, would not. And 30% unemployment will cause death due to hunger, violence, and other disease. Most of those victims will be children with many years left.

GEAR_HEAD
04-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Yup. Enough dead would. 2%, mostly pensioners, would not. And 30% unemployment will cause death due to hunger, violence, and other disease. Most of those victims will be children with many years left.

Mcarter obviously has no concern for those kids whatsoever.

t4g2
04-11-2020, 01:01 PM
Most people I read on here is selfish and all about themselves. He'll let's go racing but everyone has to get temperatures checked before entering. an leaving.