PDA

View Full Version : Sad...

STRONGERTHANDIRT
04-12-2020, 09:46 AM
seeing the beautiful beaches of Destin and Panama City Beach empty on their live beach cams.

CIRF
04-12-2020, 10:08 AM
It really is sad, STRONGER. We have family in the Daytona Beach area and most of the beach related small business's either done or on their way to being done.

We left home a couple of days early on our way to the dirt track editions of Florida Speedweeks this past February to stop and look around in the Destin, FL. It was our first time visiting that area and you're right, it's a beautiful place.

Our family in the Daytona Beach area are telling us that the repercussions of this are going to be catastrophic and permanent for many of the small business's that depend on beach tourism. They're telling us that the beaches of Volusia County, much like Destin and Panama City, are deserted. Closed except for prescribed essential exercise. No driving on the beach or fishing is allowed.

Rajflyboy
04-14-2020, 10:31 AM
We need to open back up. Open up soon. I love Daytona 👍

Barbecueboy
04-14-2020, 11:03 AM
Myrtle Beach area taking it on the chin as well.....Easter week and when I rode through there today it was a ghost town.

It's going to be a long haul to recovery for tourism based economies.

CIRF
04-14-2020, 12:23 PM
We need to open back up. Open up soon. I love Daytona I agree, Rajflyboy. We love Daytona, too.

Myrtle Beach area taking it on the chin as well.....Easter week and when I rode through there today it was a ghost town.

It's going to be a long haul to recovery for tourism based economies.Do you live close to Myrtle Beach, BBQ?

Some close friends go to Myrtle Beach for a week of golfing every March but obviously it didn't happen this year.

Barbecueboy
04-14-2020, 01:05 PM
I live down south from Myrtle , but yes I'm within 30/45 minutes of the putt putt /beachwear store capital of the universe depending on the traffic.

I've weathered a bunch of storms and seen a bunch of folks leave the area for hurricanes and stuff....but it's like January , all hotels empty, everything entertainment related is closed, all public beach accesses closed and the folks that make all that go are laid off and not working.

The streets are empty....and it's Easter week.....I've never seen anything quite like it.

Barbecueboy
04-14-2020, 01:07 PM
I agree, Rajflyboy. We love Daytona, too.

Do you live close to Myrtle Beach, BBQ?

Some close friends go to Myrtle Beach for a week of golfing every March but obviously it didn't happen this year.

We golfed Saturday.....rates are super cheap.....everyone had to have a seprate golf cart, nobody could ride together.

Was enjoyable and we finished in 3 hours.

Clayton_Wetters
04-14-2020, 04:53 PM
How's old Surf City doing?? Spelled SURF not CIRF, no pun intended!! :)