PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Governor opening Ohio May 1st

dirt crow
04-16-2020, 05:43 PM
So that means come June, the Dream is on!!! Stay home gloom and doomers!!! You know who you are!! Baaaahahahahahaaa!!!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-16-2020, 05:55 PM
So that means come June, the Dream is on!!! Stay home gloom and doomers!!! You know who you are!! Baaaahahahahahaaa!!!!!

He said no gatherings. Good try.

dirt crow
04-16-2020, 06:00 PM
We’ll see. You’ll be wrong pal.

tigwelder
04-16-2020, 06:19 PM
if TRUMP SAYS ITS OK.

GEAR_HEAD
04-16-2020, 06:29 PM
Yep, it only takes 4 weeks to get to level 3 of the guidelines so Darke County should be all clear by The Dream.

Jet Jockey
04-16-2020, 07:01 PM
If governors have half a brain they will make the federal guidelines county by county and not one size fits all for the whole state. Big differences between large cities and small rural towns.

GEAR_HEAD
04-16-2020, 07:41 PM
If governors have half a brain they will make the federal guidelines county by county and not one size fits all for the whole state. Big differences between large cities and small rural towns.

Agreed, you would assume they would all have to.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-16-2020, 07:42 PM
Eldora is not in Alabama. We won't be having 30k people anywhere in Ohio in 8 weeks.

Ohio still has INCREASING confirmed cases. Not less. That's step 1 of your Trump guidance. Which, I don't expect Dewine to take super seriously.

Coal Miner
04-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear things are better in Ohio now.

lokwaidid
04-16-2020, 07:50 PM
it's not like everyone is darke county will go to eldora to fill the stands. we come from about 25 states. if they could space the seating, maybe, but that won't happen. most of us already have our tickets. the only way eldora will happen in june is if there are no new virus cases or very few in may.

3 wide
04-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Well this is a recipe for disaster think about it there will be at least 30 thousand there from all over the US all you need is a few infected people to show up to have a real problem.

huskerdirt
04-16-2020, 08:33 PM

Our governor is considering the same thing. When enforcing restrictions he went by counties(bigger cities) with the virus then a few more counties after that. Then eventually put the whole state under restriction. I’m guessing he will go in reverse order when opening state back up.

GEAR_HEAD
04-16-2020, 09:38 PM
Well this is a recipe for disaster think about it there will be at least 30 thousand there from all over the US all you need is a few infected people to show up to have a real problem.

Not so much considering the elderly and those most at risk probably won't be going. Herd immunity is the only thing that is going to stop this so those of us who are healthy all need to get it eventually.

JayD
04-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Not so much considering the elderly and those most at risk probably won't be going. Herd immunity is the only thing that is going to stop this so those of us who are healthy all need to get it eventually.I’d laugh if you got it and karma bit you in the a$$.

non driving fool
04-16-2020, 09:59 PM
we would have far less stupidity on here if that happened!

Drop Shock
04-16-2020, 10:52 PM
I don’t see how any promoter could hold a race where people from multiple states are gathering together for a very long time. Just doesn’t seem doable at this point

Mod Runner
04-17-2020, 01:09 AM
Fans should wear face shields , masks, and wash their hands frequently. The fans may find out the face shield and masks may save their lives and may at the same time make the races more enjoyable. As long as fans take precautions , they may have a good chance of avoiding the COVID-19 VIRUS.

zyoung25
04-17-2020, 05:22 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.com/news/coronavirus/local-racetrack-opening-regardless-of-government-orders-owner-says/amp/

Dlmfan123
04-17-2020, 06:54 AM
A month ago they were telling us not to buy any masks or gloves because they didn’t help... now there supposed to save the world🤔

dirt crow
04-17-2020, 08:02 AM
6 weeks away. This virus will be all but gone. Least till late fall. But maybe not then. See ya at the Big E.

GEAR_HEAD
04-17-2020, 08:13 AM
JayD, How do you know you haven't had it already? The answer is you don't. In case you and non driving fool haven't heard getting the virus doesn't mean you die. Stop watching the lefty news. Very few people die from it. Less than 1% when the asymptomatic carriers are included. Millions of people have had it and not known.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-17-2020, 08:25 AM
6 weeks away. This virus will be all but gone. Least till late fall. But maybe not then. See ya at the Big E.

The virus isn't going anywhere.

JayD
04-17-2020, 08:36 AM
JayD, How do you know you haven't had it already? The answer is you don't. In case you and non driving fool haven't heard getting the virus doesn't mean you die. Stop watching the lefty news. Very few people die from it. Less than 1% when the asymptomatic carriers are included. Millions of people have had it and not known.I don’t watch any 24 hour news channels, that’s the problem we have on both sides, people watch and listen to those awful networks but like you they don’t think for themselves. My advice to you is to stop watching the righty news, because that’s the only place you’re getting these ridiculous herd mentality ideas.

B_K
04-17-2020, 08:52 AM
I don’t see the Dream happening full throttle normal. It’s one of a couple of places that could still be held as possibly an invitational with an entry limit and fan limitations, but the policing of separation would be extremely difficult.

You’ll see local/regional stuff by then, but I don’t see it happening in its regular capacity.

Viruses typically don’t just go away, but the wait for a vaccine talk is a bit of a reach IMO also. While they don’t go away, they do mutate. Say you get a vaccine got this version and it changes. Yeah the vaccine MAY lessen the symptoms but you still get it. Treatment is the word I’m looking for.

It’s a shame how this has gotten completely political in some cases. Trump was ridiculed for winning by fear mongering now the left is running with that playbook and some republicans are probably in a bit too much of a hurry to see the folly in opening too quickly. I’m a libertarian at heart and have long known it’s a broken system designed only to try and keep those in power ruling, but to see people that are supposed to working for the people out party over country in something like this is disheartening to say the least.

zyoung25
04-17-2020, 09:40 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.com/news/coronavirus/local-racetrack-opening-regardless-of-government-orders-owner-says/amp/

I'm guessing no one read this since the fighting over who has seen this or that continues. The owner of a big time NHRA sanctioned drag strip in northern Ohio says he is opening, regardless of what the governor says.

Pennsboro32
04-17-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm guessing no one read since the fighting over who has seen this or that continues. The owner of a big time NHRA sanctioned drag strip in northern Ohio says he is opening, regardless of what the governor says.I'll be keeping up with that story to see what happens.

GEAR_HEAD
04-17-2020, 10:23 AM
I'm guessing no one read since the fighting over who has seen this or that continues. The owner of a big time NHRA sanctioned drag strip in northern Ohio says he is opening, regardless of what the governor says.

Good for him, hope others follow. Constitutionally and legally they cannot stop him.

RayCook53fan
04-17-2020, 11:14 AM
My .02... This whole deal is blown way too entirely out of proportion. Is it a dangerous disease? Yes. Should we take precautions to keep from getting it? Yes. Did it result in the death (Whether directly or from a mix of Covid and underlying issues) Of one of my favorite singers, Yes. Sadly.

But how many people have recovered? How many people have lost their jobs? WHY did we shut down the entire country? According to the data I am looking at right now, 31,071 in the entire US have died from the virus. Which is awful, don't get me wrong.
BUT that is .009% of the population. How is that worth completely destroying the economy, thousands if not millions of businesses, and lives of millions of people?

I feel like the personal economic effect of this ordeal will far outweigh the health crisis side. People will lose everything. And I'm speaking from experience, I have been unable to start my new job was hired for due to this, and I am inelligable for the unemployment because I was unemployed prior to the beginning of the outbreak.

I live in North GA, and I will absolutely be at the first race I possibly can be. I will support, and I do support opening everything back up as soon as possible.

dirt crow
04-17-2020, 11:26 AM
My .02... This whole deal is blown way too entirely out of proportion. Is it a dangerous disease? Yes. Should we take precautions to keep from getting it? Yes. Did it result in the death (Whether directly or from a mix of Covid and underlying issues) Of one of my favorite singers, Yes. Sadly.

But how many people have recovered? How many people have lost their jobs? WHY did we shut down the entire country? According to the data I am looking at right now, 31,071 in the entire US have died from the virus. Which is awful, don't get me wrong.
BUT that is .009% of the population. How is that worth completely destroying the economy, thousands if not millions of businesses, and lives of millions of people?

I feel like the personal economic effect of this ordeal will far outweigh the health crisis side. People will lose everything. And I'm speaking from experience, I have been unable to start my new job was hired for due to this, and I am inelligable for the unemployment because I was unemployed prior to the beginning of the outbreak.

I live in North GA, and I will absolutely be at the first race I possibly can be. I will support, and I do support opening everything back up as soon as possible.

Good post. ....if the outlaws happen late May, I’ll be at Jacksonville and Tri State. And I’ll sit in someone’s nostril. Then on to the Dream from there.

B_K
04-17-2020, 11:38 AM

You a John Prine fan too?

Clayton_Wetters
04-17-2020, 01:44 PM
dirt crow, will you sit in "ole snort's" nostril???? :)

fastford
04-17-2020, 02:03 PM
now leave ole DC alone CW , he has not had a chance to complain about a track or a race all season , he got a lot of making up to do....lol....just going on with you crow , i do hope and pray i get to see you at the world though , but i dont see the dream happening ....

NeedforLMspeed
04-17-2020, 02:55 PM
California is talking about no large gathering events in 2021 if no vaccine is available by then.

dirt crow
04-17-2020, 04:02 PM
dirt crow, will you sit in "ole snort's" nostril???? :)

Lol!!!! Not that nostril.

dirt crow
04-17-2020, 04:03 PM
California is talking about no large gathering events in 2021 if no vaccine is available by then.

$crew California!!

HoosierDirtFan
04-17-2020, 05:02 PM
Michigan governor Whitmer hit by federal lawsuits over stay-at-home order
https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/michigan-gov-whitmer-hit-by-lawsuits-over-stay-at-home-order

Jking24
04-17-2020, 06:10 PM
Roaring knob speedway in pa is holding open practice April 25th and 26th. They are three hours from us but we will probably make the haul with a few of our cars from this area and support them

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-17-2020, 07:39 PM
My company's most important trade show was just cancelled. It is in mid June, in FL.

B_K
04-17-2020, 08:01 PM
My company's most important trade show was just cancelled. It is in mid June, in FL.

We’ve lost two of ours for this year. One was in New York last month the other was in High Point mid-June. Businesses will always err on the side of caution due liability. I assume my first time on an airplane will be to Vegas at the end of July. I anticipate I'll see a few races before then though.

t4g2
04-17-2020, 08:07 PM
I've lost 5 trade shows 2 of my biggest ones. 1 in Chicago and 1 in Dallas and the latest is July 26 27 in Las Vegas.

Clayton_Wetters
04-17-2020, 08:12 PM
Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

IL LM Fan
04-17-2020, 08:35 PM
Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20101129/NEWS/801240558

Clayton_Wetters
04-17-2020, 08:41 PM
35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government
Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform… in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn’t seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: “Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.”

IL LM Fan
04-17-2020, 08:52 PM
Copy and paste? lol. Where's backing?

Clayton_Wetters
04-17-2020, 08:57 PM
Probably at the tail end of Googles search engine while the fake "fact check" sites are listed first.

This is not only about the current shut down. This has been ongoing for quite some time.

IL LM Fan
04-17-2020, 09:01 PM
You mean you copied from some unknown source and can't provide the link? Funny stuff.

Clayton_Wetters
04-17-2020, 09:09 PM
You can find them, take your pick.

Or does the Jacksonville News Rag that doesn't even show in your post have the final word?

IL LM Fan
04-17-2020, 09:13 PM
I'll go with fake news for now.

fryefan
04-17-2020, 09:53 PM
Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

Frivilous law suits are filed all of the time.

Clayton_Wetters
04-18-2020, 04:32 PM
I'll go with fake news for now.

You always do. :)

GEAR_HEAD
04-18-2020, 05:24 PM
Frivilous law suits are filed all of the time.

They're not frivilous if it actually happened. And it did.

Pennsboro32
04-18-2020, 07:19 PM
Atomic Speedway tentatively starting late June. Also, they’re going to pay $3,000 to win for late models every week unless they run sprints the same night, then it will be $2,500.