PDA

View Full Version : No Racing-Some Racing-What Is Ahead

Late_Model_Mark
04-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Yesterday (Saturday April 26) was a interesting day. I was on a racing show yesterday that is focused on Alabama Drag Racing. During the course of the show it was revealed that Lassiter Mountain Dragway, a 1/8mi. strip I have actually announced at when George Howard ran it, was going to race.

They are going to have the very popular Southeastern Gasser Association come in for a May 9th event after being on the schedule waiting list for 5 years. They say it's a 100% go.

So right after being on the show, I called TST owner and my track boss Lynn Phillips to inquire about Talladega's status for practice and opening season dates. He said he is not doing anything until the Govenor of Bama gives the green light in whatever sequence. Ok then.

Then from sources it was said that Thunderhill and Duck River up in Tennessee were told to not open the gates for anything just yet.

Then I was told that Dixie Speedway in Georgia put the kaboosh to their show next week and that Senoia's Ray Cook show was in some kind of limbo status.

Geez louise this is some kind of crazy jibberish, yes, no, maybe, coulds shouda wouda, or?

I need a drink and it is only 10:15am here at the casa.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

castone
04-26-2020, 10:47 AM
Duck River was gonna have practice Saturday - with no people in stands and pits you had to have gloves and masks on stay 6 ft apart with no one going to other peoples pits, and still was shut down ! as long a people have to wear a mask (muzzle) and stay 6 feet apart racing is a no go - People has just about had enough, and if we survive all this economy wise I bet the whole country will never be shut down again! Sick people that needed to see a Doctor other than rona could not - there gonna be many law suites, and fights before this is over !

Late_Model_Mark
04-26-2020, 12:59 PM
Agreed.

LMM

Doc88D
04-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Huntsville drag strip is promoting a big drag race for next weekend May 1st & 2nd...
Thunderhill and Corinth both practiced yesterday with certain cars assigned time slots, so not to exceed 35% capacity

mccreadiefan39
04-26-2020, 03:12 PM
I can see racing coming back to certain states by sometime in June but will have to be done with strong social distancing. Tracks may have to reduce capacity by 50% and fans will need to stay 6 feet apart in the grandstands.

ZERO25
04-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Mine and Uncle Teds answer!

Why do I have to stay home just because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared? How about 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay home....𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay in 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 house indefinitely, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 wear a mask, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 socially distance yourself from me, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid restaurants, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid baseball games, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay off the roads, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid malls and beaches and parks, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the made up death numbers, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the media hype, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 Get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal,
I'm done playing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to 𝘆𝗼𝘂 because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of 𝘆𝗼𝘂, it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.
𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not an excuse to destroy America. 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country. I copied & pasted this from Grey Havens' page it's perfect

Dirtking2512
04-26-2020, 10:08 PM
Does anybody know if the world of outlaws at Livonia May 8th is still a go??

chathamracefan
04-26-2020, 11:03 PM
Speed51 just posted Cherokee $10,000 to win Saturday May 2. Speed51 ppv. They will have full details tomorrow.

racincowboy02
04-28-2020, 09:12 PM
Dirt King no Lavonia has been postponed

ZERO25
04-28-2020, 09:17 PM
Alltech in Lake City is racing this Saturday!

Its nice to have a Republican governor!

racincowboy02
04-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Cherokee is racing as well but its closed to the fans and no its not nice to have a republican governor cause he is to chicken to open the state up

fryefan
04-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Tony Bokhoven 🎙
@TonyBokhoven
·
Apr 27
Great News!! Many tracks in IA and MO opening in May without spectators. If your local track offers a PPV, support them by purchasing a subscription. Every little bit helps! One step closer!!!!

FYI-Tony is the track announcer at Knoxville, IA.

NeedforLMspeed
04-29-2020, 12:57 AM
Cherokee is racing as well but its closed to the fans and no its not nice to have a republican governor cause he is to chicken to open the state up

They are pushing to open stuff a bit quicker than the FL governor wants to. They are going to have to make a decision soon on whether or not to keep allowing flight travel from South America.

racincowboy02
04-29-2020, 01:03 AM
Yea you go a point and I get wanting to be careful but its killing me I like to go and do and my hands being tied is frustrating

HIGH ROLLER
04-29-2020, 02:15 AM
Yea you go a point and I get wanting to be careful but its killing me I like to go and do and my hands being tied is frustrating

Racin is ur horse going thru dt's also?😂😂

racincowboy02
04-29-2020, 02:35 AM
Yes it is and I am too lol

50Dixon50
04-29-2020, 10:18 AM
We are opening in may with spectators with recommended social distancing

jr29
04-29-2020, 11:03 AM

Tell that to Tennessee.

And Ted Nugent is a moron and has been his whole life. He pretended to crap his pants to get out of Vietnam now he wants to lecture folks about being scaredy cats.

GEAR_HEAD
04-29-2020, 11:38 AM
People are scaredy cats. I guess during every cold, allergy, and flu season we're going to cower and hide and not leave our houses now. This is what China wanted and we're falling right into their trap. It's sad how people are such sheep nowadays.

153J
04-29-2020, 11:41 AM
People are scaredy cats. I guess during every cold, allergy, and flu season we're going to cower and hide and not leave our houses now. This is what China wanted and we're falling right into their trap. It's sad how people are such sheep nowadays.

because everything you are saying is an original thought?

jr29
04-29-2020, 11:45 AM

The whole world is falling into the trap but GEAR HEAD from 4m has it figured out.
I wish things were that simple. I really do.

NeedforLMspeed
04-29-2020, 12:05 PM
The whole world is falling into the trap but GEAR HEAD from 4m has it figured out.

I've heard a few long time, respect political talk show hosts say pretty much the exact same thing recently so Gear Head isn't just talking out his @ss.

jr29
04-29-2020, 12:07 PM
I've heard a few long time, respect political talk show hosts say pretty much the exact same thing recently so Gear Head isn't just talking out his @ss.

China hasn't been honest. I'll agree with that much.

GEAR_HEAD
04-29-2020, 12:32 PM

It is that simple. Either go out and enjoy life or stay locked in your house in fear for the rest of your life. But the government cannot legally make that choice for us. A reliable vaccine isn't coming. If it does is won't be very effective. It will be similar to the flu vaccine...sometimes they'll guess right, sometimes they won't. But the fact that the government is forcing people to live in fear by taking away the freedoms that this country was built on should be alarming to everybody. Unfortunately the sheep just take it and say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

NeedforLMspeed
04-29-2020, 12:36 PM
I think it's the more the media and tv commercials causing people to live in fear than the government.

GEAR_HEAD
04-29-2020, 12:48 PM
I think it's the more the media and tv commercials causing people to live in fear than the government.

That is even dumber because the media hasn't been trustworthy for at least 15 years now. Everybody knows to not believe them.

Here is a FACT...the government keeping people away from other people and making people wear masks is wearing down our immune systems which could absolutely be dangerous if this goes on for too long. Going out in public is what keeps our immune systems strong. Obviously hand washing and all of that is always a good idea, but just like a muscle, the less you use your immune system the more it weakens over time.

johnE
04-29-2020, 01:09 PM
Tough guys are staying home to protect other people. Fear is not a factor in the decision. Typhoid Mary wasn’t scared either. Another month of this and we can all follow the President’s guidelines for ending quarantine and save the lives of those less fortunate than yourself.

GEAR_HEAD
04-29-2020, 01:22 PM
How is you staying home protecting other people who are staying home? That doesn't even make sense. 85% of people don't even have symptoms and 99.05% of people live and don't need your protection. Are you doing this every flu season too? And you think the Dems are going to willingly give you your freedom back in a month? Ha! Fauci said this whole thing was just to flatten the curve. It's flattened, so now they're changing the narrative to taking away our freedoms until the virus goes away, which is never.

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 01:28 PM
Tell that to Tennessee.

And Ted Nugent is a moron and has been his whole life. He pretended to crap his pants to get out of Vietnam now he wants to lecture folks about being scaredy cats.

Nugent stands with and for the people, you on the other hand?? What is that brown stuff??? :)

jeffreymo
04-29-2020, 01:36 PM

For me personally, it's the fact that I have a child with a weakened immune system due to complications when she was younger and me having the sense to acknowledge that. So really, GEAR_HEAD can piss up a rope. If he or any others want to put their family members in jeopardy, fine by me, I'm just not going to do it to mine.

GEAR_HEAD
04-29-2020, 01:45 PM
For me personally, it's the fact that I have a child with a weakened immune system due to complications when she was younger and me having the sense to acknowledge that. So really, GEAR_HEAD can piss up a rope. If he or any others want to put their family members in jeopardy, fine by me, I'm just not going to do it to mine.

I've said many times before that obviously it's smart for the people who are susceptible to stay isolated. So you agree with me, yet that seems to anger you.

It’s supposedly a free country so if you want to stay home for the rest of your life you can. Those of us that don't want to should also be free to live however we want.

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 01:53 PM
There are many dangers to a person with immune deficiencies. Not just Corona, and the world does not shut down for any of them.

jr29
04-29-2020, 01:58 PM
That is even dumber because the media hasn't been trustworthy for at least 15 years now. Everybody knows to not believe them.

Here is a FACT...the government keeping people away from other people and making people wear masks is wearing down our immune systems which could absolutely be dangerous if this goes on for too long. Going out in public is what keeps our immune systems strong. Obviously hand washing and all of that is always a good idea, but just like a muscle, the less you use your immune system the more it weakens over time.

I watch a lot of news and they kept saying don't panic. Be cautious but don't panic.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-29-2020, 02:06 PM
China is the only country on Earth not expected to see negative GDP growth this year.

jr29
04-29-2020, 02:07 PM
I've said many times before that obviously it's smart for the people who are susceptible to stay isolated. So you agree with me, yet that seems to anger you.

If I have an elderly relative that I care for or a susceptible child they can't make that choice. So if I have to go to work at my essential job and I get covid-19 from someone who went to a crowded event it is probably one of my family members who will pay the price.
I really think most of these elected officials from both parties are trying to make good choices. There is all kinds of stimulus being paid out and I wish we could cool our heels and realize our lives may be disrupted for a few months. If the government isn't getting money to people then shame on them.

jr29
04-29-2020, 02:11 PM
Nugent stands with and for the people, you on the other hand?? What is that brown stuff??? :)

He's a mediocre guitar player and a terrible artist who happens to be a draft dodger and a flag waving loud mouth who whistles when says his s's. He and Trump get along because you know...birds of a feather.

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 02:20 PM
He's a mediocre guitar player and a terrible artist who happens to be a draft dodger and a flag waving loud mouth who whistles when says his s's. He and Trump get along because you know...birds of a feather.

But but, Obummer whistled when he said his s's!!!! :) And he never served any time either in service.

Nugent= Patriotic supporter of nation as founded.

Obummer= Nation hater, devoted to ending America as we know it.

jr29
04-29-2020, 02:46 PM
But but, Obummer whistled when he said his s's!!!! :) And he never served any time either in service.

Nugent= Patriotic supporter of nation as founded.

Obummer= Nation hater, devoted to ending America as we know it.

When all else fails.....blame Obama.

I don't care if someone serves or not. I just don't like a paper tiger and that is exactly what Nugent and Trump are.
I get that you like Trump. Just admit that he used his privilege to dodge the draft. I'd be able to stomach your opinions a little bit if you'd concede that one thing...

jr29
04-29-2020, 03:18 PM

And tracks in Colorado are opening. Their governor is a democrat.

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 03:25 PM
Relatives own a track maybe???? :) Guvnuh!!!!

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 03:40 PM

I don't care if someone serves or not. I just don't like a paper tiger and that is exactly what Nugent and Trump are.
I get that you like Trump. Just admit that he used his privilege to dodge the draft. I'd be able to stomach your opinions a little bit if you'd concede that one thing...

A paper tiger? Really? Not a chance.

FastEd95
04-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Sorry to interject some actual "racing" news, but the Scotland County Speedway in Memphis, Missouri will be racing with fans allowed on May 8-9. No late models, unfortunately.

Clayton_Wetters
04-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Sorry to interject some actual "racing" news, but the Scotland County Speedway in Memphis, Missouri will be racing with fans allowed on May 8-9. No late models, unfortunately.

That's perfectly fine, continue on!!!!

ZERO25
04-29-2020, 09:17 PM
And tracks in Colorado are opening. Their governor is a democrat.

Typical Obama supporter comment! smh

ZERO25
04-29-2020, 09:20 PM
Why do I have to stay home just because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared? How about 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay home....𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay in 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 house indefinitely, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 wear a mask, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 socially distance yourself from me, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid restaurants, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid baseball games, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay off the roads, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid malls and beaches and parks, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the made up death numbers, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the media hype, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 Get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal,
I'm done playing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to 𝘆𝗼𝘂 because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of 𝘆𝗼𝘂, it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.
𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not an excuse to destroy America. 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country. I copied & pasted this from Grey Havens' page it's perfect

Sounds like a fair and honest assessment to me!!

Barbecueboy
04-30-2020, 06:59 AM
I watch a lot of news and they kept saying don't panic. Be cautious but don't panic.
Cut down on those first six words in your post.......read more.watch less.

Barbecueboy
04-30-2020, 07:04 AM

When all else fails, just ignore obamas failures......and fwiw, I think nugent is a douche.

And uses patriotism to keep himself relevant.

jr29
04-30-2020, 11:17 AM
Cut down on those first six words in your post.......read more.watch less.

I drive a truck so it's more like I listen to a lot of news.
I read a lot, pop pop. Thanks for the sage wisdom though

Reading a book called Crossing The Aisle right now. My home state used to be a really well governed state. That's what the book is about.

Book club is a lot of fun.

jr29
04-30-2020, 11:18 AM
When all else fails, just ignore obamas failures......and fwiw, I think nugent is a douche.

And uses patriotism to keep himself relevant.

Look at us building bridges.

3 wide
04-30-2020, 01:17 PM
My brother is a RN some of you people that think everything should go on as normal need to talk to somebody in the medical field you will change your mind pretty quick he is 500 miles from home now working in Chicago for 2 weeks because there short handed.

GEAR_HEAD
04-30-2020, 01:21 PM
My brother is a RN some of you people that think everything should go on as normal need to talk to somebody in the medical field you will change your mind pretty quick he is 500 miles from home now working in Chicago for 2 weeks because there short handed.

Chicago being understaffed at the moment doesn't mean we destroy the economy and everybody's lives. Your point isn't relevant.

Plus that proves that the unconstitutional lockdowns aren't working anyhow and everybody is going to get this virus one way or another. Most already had it and didn't even know.
99.95% of the people will survive. Time to move on and stop overreacting and killing our immune systems by staying away from crowds.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
04-30-2020, 01:32 PM
Some hospitals are laying people off because of no elective surgeries and some hospitals are understaffed. Crazy world we live in now.

NeedforLMspeed
04-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Some hospitals are laying people off because of no elective surgeries and some hospitals are understaffed. Crazy world we live in now.
That's going to change because in the next few days to a week states are starting to allow those again to start back up.

Barbecueboy
04-30-2020, 04:40 PM
I drive a truck so it's more like I listen to a lot of news.
I read a lot, pop pop. Thanks for the sage wisdom though

Reading a book called Crossing The Aisle right now. My home state used to be a really well governed state. That's what the book is about.

Book club is a lot of fun.

You said you watched a lot of news......we can only read what you wrote and said, not what you meant to write or say.

And if you're watching a lot of news, well you know what you get with that.......sponsor paid for narratives from greedy media moguls.......even grandfathers know that.

Travel safe.

Barbecueboy
04-30-2020, 04:41 PM

Our next door neighbor is a nurse, she reads mammograms primarily.....furloughed for 3 weeks.

Living in the Carolina's.

Barbecueboy
04-30-2020, 04:45 PM

Is he there because of helping covid victims or is he there helping gunshot victims??? Both seem to be a huge issue there.

As screwed up as politics are in that city there is no way covid couldn't be a disaster for them.....just like the murders are.

3 wide
04-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Not sure barbecue boy I would say for coved but I don't know that for sure I listen to him because he is on the front line before he left he worked 2 weeks straight an that is 12 hrs a day.

GEAR_HEAD
04-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Not sure barbecue boy I would say for coved but I don't know that for sure I listen to him because he is on the front line before he left he worked 2 weeks straight an that is 12 hrs a day.

Hard to have pity for somebody getting a nice payday with a ton of overtime while the lockdown has others struggling to feed their families and some killing themselves because they lost everything that they worked their asses off for. Just saying.

ZERO25
04-30-2020, 07:13 PM
Is he there because of helping covid victims or is he there helping gunshot victims??? Both seem to be a huge issue there.

As screwed up as politics are in that city there is no way covid couldn't be a disaster for them.....just like the murders are.

Sure seems the hardest hit areas are run by democrats......hmmmmmm!!!