PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR: More Making Up The Rules

CIRF
04-29-2020, 10:54 AM
NASCAR is once again making up the rules as they go along. Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth will be eligible to win the Cup championship in spite of not attempting to qualify for multiple races. The rules clearly state that for a team to be eligible to be a part of the silly playoff they have to attempt to qualify for all points races.

As much as I like both drivers and feel terrible about Newman being injured at Daytona it will cheapen the championship even more than what it already is if one of them should win it. The pee wee jr. championship was a sham and it would be also be a sham if either one wins it this season.

I reckon NASCAR needs to be consistent, and they should, but in these cases they're consistently stupid!

Now that Larson is gone the only reason to pay any attention is Christopher Bell.

https://speedsport.com/nascar/nascar-cup-series/nascar-grants-waivers-to-newman-kenseth/

mcarter815
04-29-2020, 11:24 AM
The championship has been irrelevant for years anyway.

CIRF
04-29-2020, 11:51 AM
The championship has been irrelevant for years anyway.

I would agree, albeit, slightly reluctantly. The agreement stems from how the process has been cheapened by this playoff nonsense and NASCAR'S disregard for their own rules, see pee wee jr. The reluctance stems from wanting to see Larson or Bell win a Cup championship in spite of the cheap irrelevance.

The last Cup championship that had any relevance to traditional race fans was Jimmie Johnson's 7th. Everyone except haters like TS FAN/power boy/powerkyle, or whatever he calls himself these days! LOL!

buster83
04-29-2020, 11:45 PM
100% agree with you CIRF they already have to many stupid penalties but none favor the smaller teams.

CIRF
04-30-2020, 10:10 AM
100% agree with you CIRF they already have to many stupid penalties but none favor the smaller teams.

That is true, buster.

NASCAR pays massive lip service to the proposition of making rules that favor lowering of costs thus making the lesser funded teams more competitive thus making it possible for more teams to compete. It seems the opposite is the result nearly 100% of the time.