PDA

View Full Version : Pay Per Views

dirtracing62
05-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Can someone help me with all of the PPV's that are now available?Dirtvision, speed51, dirtondirt, floracing, lucas, etc. etc. etc.Which is the best service? Which one covers what?

chathamracefan
05-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Dirtvision - World of Outlaw Sprints & World of Outlaw late models $39.99 per month covers all races for both series. Also includes weekly shows from Williams Grove, Attica & Knoxville for sprints.

Speed51 - primarily covers short track asphalt stuff but some dirt including Cherokee tomorrow

Dirtondirt - dirt late models only (but lots of it). Imagine ESPN for dirt late models. That is what they are.
Expanding # of live races including a lot that are included in annual subscription

Floracing - covers all USAC sprint, midget & silver crown races, All Star sprints & Eldora events (excluding the Kings Royal)

Lucas - live coverage of several Lucas late model events included in an annual subscription. Also several live ASCS 360 sprint shows included as well as Saturday night of Chili Bowl.

Speaking for myself, I have all of the above. Except for Speed51, I would give them all stellar reviews. Speed51 will get it's maiden voyage with me tomorrow. Bob Dillner runs it so I assume it is good quality. Dirtvision has raised the bar for all of these services in the last couple years when they started covering all WoO sprint races 2 years ago. Top notch coverage.

Another one that covers a lot of stuff is Speed(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)Tv. I have used them a lot over recent years & they are good as well.

kazual
05-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Thanks Chatham, good info.

BTExpress
05-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Yes, thank you for the information in a concise format. I think there are a few others as well, Speedshift TV (contracts with a lot of Central Pa tracks), The Cushion (covers a lot of sprint car races) and a fairly new one Dirt Track Digest TV (mostly big block modified coverage). I guess there is enough of a following (subscriptions) to keep all of them viable. One could easily spend hundreds of dollars a year to have access to all of them.

chathamracefan
05-01-2020, 04:49 PM
BTExpress - I just hope my wife don't do the math cause I spend $ with all the ones I listed. But I'm a good boy & don't go to the bars or have other vices. Just love my dirt racing!!!

BTExpress
05-01-2020, 05:06 PM
"BTExpress - I just hope my wife don't do the math cause I spend $ with all the ones I listed. But I'm a good boy & don't go to the bars or have other vices. Just love my dirt racing!!!"

I hear ya Chatham....your secret is safe with us 4mers.......

One Man Gang
05-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Ok here’s a dumb@$$ question and some of you guys are gonna laugh like hades and the rest of you will probably be shocked. How the heck do you watch a PPV race ? I’ve watched wrestling, boxing and MMA on PPV’s but I know all these races ain’t on TV for PPV. I live in a area that don’t even offer WiFi or broadband or whatever it’s all called. Only way I’d have to watch these races would be on my cell phone if that is even possible. Can I use cell phone to watch them or am I just s?!t out of luck ?

kidrock
05-01-2020, 07:00 PM
One man gang:
Ok here’s a dumb@$$ question and some of you guys are gonna laugh like hades and the rest of you will probably be shocked. How the heck do you watch a PPV race ? I’ve watched wrestling, boxing and MMA on PPV’s but I know all these races ain’t on TV for PPV. I live in a area that don’t even offer WiFi or broadband or whatever it’s all called. Only way I’d have to watch these races would be on my cell phone if that is even possible. Can I use cell phone to watch them or am I just s?!t out of luck ?

Can you watch youtube videos on your phone? Go to youtube and pull up a race and see if you can watch it.

One Man Gang
05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Yea I can watch them if I’ve got good service which most of the time is late at night or up until around midday. I can go to town and get on public WiFi or have good cell service in town. Sometimes we just get in the vehicle and drive around until we get 3 or 4 bars on our phone and pull over and able to watch a video or do whatever we need to.

kidrock
05-01-2020, 08:57 PM
One Man Gang:
Yea I can watch them if I’ve got good service which most of the time is late at night or up until around midday. I can go to town and get on public WiFi or have good cell service in town. Sometimes we just get in the vehicle and drive around until we get 3 or 4 bars on our phone and pull over and able to watch a video or do whatever we need to.

Yes you would have to have a good signal to start with. Sometimes you can use your cell phone as a hot spot and and watch it of an i-pad or tablet but, you still have to have good cell service.

Jim11h
05-01-2020, 10:10 PM
I have firestick attached to my TV, downloaded "anytimetv " and watch all TV thru it including last night's ppv Cherokee race as well as Florida races. Simple cheap and convenient cut the cord option! I heard about thru work friend

One Man Gang
05-01-2020, 11:26 PM
I have firestick attached to my TV, downloaded "anytimetv " and watch all TV thru it including last night's ppv Cherokee race as well as Florida races. Simple cheap and convenient cut the cord option! I heard about thru work friend
Do you have to have Wifi or broadband with the firestick ? As you guys can probably tell I’m not the most tech savvy fella in the room heck I still have to get the kids help me operate this smartphone at times.

Jim11h
05-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Yes WiFi......it's extremely simple

Others are watched thru apps on smartphones, smart TV, or pc

One Man Gang
05-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Yes WiFi......it's extremely simple

Others are watched thru apps on smartphones, smart TV, or pc
I gotcha....maybe within next year or so my area will get updated with the modern conveniences. Our local power company is planning to start running the lines to offer broadband with our electricity so maybe they’ll hurry up and do it.