PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Do they have too many cars there? It's like 100+. A parody DoD Twitter account tweeted something about hotlaps being 90+ mins long.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Are the WEC cars still in storage at Sebring? Just run those and call it "The 12 Hours of Boyd's".

zyoung25
05-02-2020, 06:36 PM
They started late, and it's just been a mess all the way around. Not knocking DoD at all, this isn't on them.

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Are the WEC cars still in storage at Sebring? Just run those and call it "The 12 Hours of Boyd's".

I think they are running that after the Driver development division...

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 06:43 PM
This tweet sums it up

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinHart1h/status/1256721853944643584

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Worse part is they are running the Supers last... Sheesh.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 07:13 PM
I'll never complain about Peoria again.

kidrock
05-02-2020, 07:17 PM

I'll never laugh so hard again, well maybe but, that's some funny stuff lol!!!!!!!!

Wells Racing Photos
05-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately its usually always like that at Boyd's. They need someone with some organization to come into that place.

t4g2
05-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Shiny you see the improvements Peoria made? they moved the flag stand and did alot of painting and changes

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Shiny you see the improvements Peoria made? they moved the flag stand and did alot of painting and changes

I knew about the flag stand, but not the other stuff. Hopefully Brandon can turn the place around. It sounds like he's really trying to.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 07:45 PM
Hey look. Supers!

Dirtking2512
05-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Yeah sadly Boyd's has had this reputation for a long time it's one of the biggest reasons why I don't go there. When they had Kathy Coulter the place was starting to turn the corner.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Running a 4 car B-main with the top 4 transferring.

Classic.

dirty bert
05-02-2020, 08:16 PM
You are right Dirtking it did seem like things were getting better then she was somewhere else, don't know what happened there.

3 wide
05-02-2020, 08:27 PM
They couldn't run Cleveland why did anybody think they could run Boyd's

zach51
05-02-2020, 08:28 PM
You are right Dirtking it did seem like things were getting better then she was somewhere else, don't know what happened there.

East Alabama would be proud of this pitiful show.

champion24
05-02-2020, 08:35 PM
East Alabama would be proud of this pitiful show.

Not quite!! Eams would have 10 classes!! Who is in charge of Boyds now?

TerryM
05-02-2020, 08:48 PM
This is how they do it down here lol.

B_K
05-02-2020, 09:08 PM
This is how they do it down here lol.

Feel free to never go to a race “down here” ever again. I’m sure nobody will miss you.

It’s not indicative of everywhere in the SE. This was always going to be a train wreck. Boyd’s is slow and cars are having to pit in spectator parking. Not making excuses for them, they take too long most every night, but I’ve been to more than a few sh!t shows North of Kentucky as well.

411, Magnolia, Senoia, Smoky Mtn, Charlotte etc put on professionally ran shows all the time.

Jim11h
05-02-2020, 09:50 PM
It's 10:45 and super feature racing. I'm not sticking up for since just finally able to tune in but realllyyyy???

You come far enough north of the KY state and you'll see how real racing works fyi

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Is McDowell still involved in doing the track prep?

Jim11h
05-02-2020, 09:52 PM
No clue bit Cherokee just now rolling feature on track

WisWildManFan
05-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Boyd’s is rough to watch lol

B_K
05-02-2020, 09:56 PM
They practiced last night and this started as an 85 degree sunny day race. If you were expecting much I’m not sure why.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2020, 09:58 PM
https://youtu.be/6IOyUd_qbLo

B_K
05-02-2020, 10:01 PM
It's 10:45 and super feature racing. I'm not sticking up for since just finally able to tune in but realllyyyy???

You come far enough north of the KY state and you'll see how real racing works fyi

I’ve seen a bad show in Wisconsin and some good ones in Mississippi. Illinois is Illinois most other places have their highs and lows.

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 10:04 PM
https://youtu.be/6IOyUd_qbLo

Just heard a baseball bat hit a garbage can...

Not going to say the track but one time years ago they watered the track after hotlaps too much. Then they couldn't get the moisture ran in. So they asked for cars to come out and help. Which put them way behind. And they had a curfew. Most everyone knew they weren't going to get an entire event in. After the heats and b mains the first feature came out ran 3 laps and all of a sudden the checkered flag comes out. Called it a complete event. Didn't make up any of the races still left to run and gave everyone show up points.

WisWildManFan
05-02-2020, 10:18 PM
2 wrongs don’t make a right

Jim11h
05-02-2020, 10:33 PM
I didn't think was that tough to watch at Boyd but I didn't see everything! I can state that feature was fair, definitely not horrible!

So far honest opinion I'm not impressed with bottom groove dominant Cherokee. All tracks have their own character and that's what makes them unique.

Boyd over and Cherokee still running

Hoosier
05-02-2020, 10:36 PM
Advertised start: 4:30 pm

Checkered flag: 11:15 pm

NeedforLMspeed
05-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Didn't Cherokee start at like 7 or 7:30?

Jim11h
05-02-2020, 10:41 PM
Boyd was never advertising start 430. Hot laps practice yes maybe but not racing that I saw cause I contemplated the 8:15 drive. If left by 8am I'd been there at 4ish. Racing I saw later

dirtcrazy4u
05-03-2020, 05:29 AM
Social media has become such a frigging joke

jr29
05-03-2020, 05:54 AM
I went to Boyd's once probably 6-8 years ago and I remember it being a pretty decent show. That was just one night though. Last night's show was a little rough.
I've posted this before but I'll drive four hours to Pevely, Missouri or further north before I'll go to any track in the south. Even the southern tracks that offer good racing have way too much qualifying and usually too much hot lapping.

TerryM
05-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Been to around 115 or so dirt tracks. I’ve criticized maybe a dozen or so. Good or bad, I call it like I see it. When you continue to support the tracks that screw you over, they have no reason to fix what’s broken.

TerryM
05-03-2020, 08:00 AM
I went to Boyd's once probably 6-8 years ago and I remember it being a pretty decent show. That was just one night though. Last night's show was a little rough.
I've posted this before but I'll drive four hours to Pevely, Missouri or further north before I'll go to any track in the south. Even the southern tracks that offer good racing have way too much qualifying and usually too much hot lapping.
And a lot of these southern events have no heat races. That’s the worst part. The fastest cars qualify and then four hours later run the feature. That’s the only time they’re on the track.

over4T
05-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Suffered through hours of the Boyd show on Race Monitor and got a couple of questions for those who "watched" it.

What's the format for the super lates there? With near 40 car only two heats or qualifiers how does everybody else get in, through time?

What happened to Tanner English with a few laps to go? Had a good consistent night and running 3rd with Michael Page behind him and all of a sudden he's way back, like 11th. With Page's reputation I'm wondering if he got dumped or roughed up. Never been to Boyd's or seen Page race so just curious.

With the length of that show I'm glad the beer booth was close, as in a few steps to my fridge. What a dragged out deal that was.

jr29
05-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Suffered through hours of the Boyd show on Race Monitor and got a couple of questions for those who "watched" it.

What's the format for the super lates there? With near 40 car only two heats or qualifiers how does everybody else get in, through time?

What happened to Tanner English with a few laps to go? Had a good consistent night and running 3rd with Michael Page behind him and all of a sudden he's way back, like 11th. With Page's reputation I'm wondering if he got dumped or roughed up. Never been to Boyd's or seen Page race so just curious.

With the length of that show I'm glad the beer booth was close, as in a few steps to my fridge. What a dragged out deal that was.

It looked like Page slipped by English on a restart. English was still running 4th a few laps later and it sounded like he broke.

NeedforLMspeed
05-03-2020, 10:49 AM

They took the top 8 in qualifying from both groups and locked them into the feature. Those 16 guys didn't run heat races. The ones that didn't lock in, they ran 2 heat races and took 4 from each one for 24 car field

over4T
05-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

TerryM
05-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Those weren’t heat races. They were consies. It’s becoming the norm around here to not run heat races.

NeedforLMspeed
05-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Just going by the way the results are worded on DoD...

fryefan
05-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Considering the boring format they run, they might as well skip all preliminary events (heats and/or b-mains) and just jump straight to the feature. All they are doing is just wearing out the track and boring people to death.

I appreciate DoD having races for us, but Friday & Saturday were major snooze fests.

As I said after Friday night's race, thank god I live in a region that has formats that promote actual racing.

dirt crow
05-04-2020, 12:22 AM
The people running Boyd couldn’t find shoes in a shoe box. Been that way awhile. Until new management takes over it’s not gonna get no better.