PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Overton uses power move to grab Cherokee checkered flag

Returning to Dirt
05-02-2020, 11:18 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/brandon-overton-uses-power-move-to-grab-cherokee-checkered-flag/

An aggressive last lap pass resulted in victory for Overton

nc mudcat
05-03-2020, 06:51 AM
I watched 3 complete shows on DoD and highlights from Gaffney; Gaffney was BY FAR the best rest of the 4, but I admit, I watched 6 minutes of highlights, not 6 hours of, well, whatever it was they were doing. Rank the 4 races, 1. Gaffney, 2. Tri-County, 3. Boyd's 4. Lancaster.

BTW, Casey messed up, that wasn't Overton's fault at Cherokee.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-03-2020, 07:06 AM
I watched 3 complete shows on DoD and highlights from Gaffney; Gaffney was BY FAR the best rest of the 4, but I admit, I watched 6 minutes of highlights, not 6 hours of, well, whatever it was they were doing. Rank the 4 races, 1. Gaffney, 2. Tri-County, 3. Boyd's 4. Lancaster.

BTW, Casey messed up, that wasn't Overton's fault at Cherokee.

Where can I find Gaffney highlights?

nc mudcat
05-03-2020, 07:32 AM
Where can I find Gaffney highlights?

speed51.com

TerryM
05-03-2020, 09:42 AM
I tried that site but couldn’t find the highlights. I’m not a paid member though. That could be why.

nc mudcat
05-03-2020, 10:13 AM

TerryM
05-03-2020, 11:13 AM
I did. Still couldn’t find it. But I did see it on Facebook. Matt Henderson shared it. Casey Roberts screwed up and Brandon Overton took advantage of it. Not much to it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-03-2020, 11:30 AM
I saw nothing wrong with the initial contact, but Overton went ahead and drive back up to the rubber shoving Roberts the whole way.

B_K
05-03-2020, 01:57 PM
101 missed the entry of 1-2. If he enters like he did every other lap this is a non-issue.

Jking24
05-03-2020, 02:43 PM
Product of a one lane racetrack Last lap for 10 grand.i would expect anyone who considers them self a racer to do the exact same thing everytime if the same scenario presents itself.

weatherman85
05-03-2020, 02:51 PM
I don’t have a problem with it as long as Overton understands this when/if the shoe is on the other foot.

Clayton_Wetters
05-03-2020, 02:56 PM
In order tor PPV to be successful these tracks are going to have the best track prep that they can get, and that does not mean black slick one laners.

Or does it really matter?

JabberJaws83
05-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Clayton, Ray Cook’s format is terrible and all the races this weekend were snoozers.

00Hdmn
05-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Just watched the highlights from this race and Roberts just plain and simple messed up, if he would have stuck it to the bottom Overton wouldn’t have door slammed him. What do you people expect him to do, lift and give the guy the win!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-03-2020, 03:41 PM
You can take the spot, but you can't have the high entry into the next corner too.

Clayton_Wetters
05-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Yes Jabber, agree about that format.

ZERO25
05-03-2020, 09:04 PM
You can take the spot, but you can't have the high entry into the next corner too.

Yep, Im surprised Casey didn't turn into his rr and spin him out!

Dlmfan123
05-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Yep, Im surprised Casey didn't turn into his rr and spin him out!His nephew commented on Facebook that he was trying to punt him to the woods.

B_K
05-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Maybe he should check in the mirror as well. Don’t airball turn one and he’s holding a check. Hell he could have probably still had $5000 instead of $500 if he’d focused on finishing instead of “trying to punt him to the woods”.

johnE
05-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Second paid $6K, so Roberts lost $4K in turn one and then lost another $5.5K in turn 3.

nc mudcat
05-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Second paid $6K, so Roberts lost $4K in turn one and then lost another $5.5K in turn 3.

Plus damage repair

Jking24
05-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Quotes not working. Bk i agree nobody wrecked Robert's but himself. Weather overtons move was clean or not he didn't wreck Casey and trying to wreck him because he ruffled your feathers when he passed you after you screwed up is just classles. I see this alot from roberts especially when he races against the big guys he seems to have some kinda issue/ attitude with the tour guys and tends to kinda beat himself when he's against them.

Barbecueboy
05-04-2020, 11:09 AM
Other than when he punched Josh Richards in the jaw for wrecking him on purpose on multiple occasions ( once at screven and again on purpose at friendship) I can't recall him ever having an issue with a touring driver or any driver for that matter.

Was there another time or times I'm missing?

hjr2
05-04-2020, 03:27 PM
Overton can't hold down a job and drives like a jerk. I can't wait till he gets his.

B_K
05-04-2020, 05:56 PM
He got $15,000 of his this weekend.

Pennsboro32
05-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Overton can't hold down a job and drives like a jerk. I can't wait till he gets his.DirtonDirt article, Casey isn’t even mad about it.

TerryM
05-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Overton was one of our local guys when I moved to GA in 2014. We’ve watched him grow from a good local driver to a rising national star. I can honestly say I’ve never seen him drive dirty. We’ve seen a lot of Casey locally too. Never had an issue with him either, but we did see him drive Fergy dirty for several laps late in a race at Screven a couple years ago. As I said before, there’s a reason Brandon wins a bunch of elite races and Casey doesn’t.

Barbecueboy
05-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Mostly because he races in more of them .....by a lot.

Pennsboro32
05-04-2020, 06:24 PM
Mostly because he races in more of them .....by a lot.Ehhh In my opinion, I think Brandon is a step above Casey in terms of driving ability. Not bad mouthing Casey cause he’s a good regional shoe but Overton is a top 8 guy in the country.

Barbecueboy
05-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Quote not working, but that doesn't surprise me a bit .....if he's mad, it's at himself.

Barbecueboy
05-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Can't disagree with you there either pennsboro.....look at how much Brandon races and against whom though, then look at how much Casey races and against whom......there is no way Brandon can't be better right now.
I'm not really a Brandon fan, but there is no denying he has taken full advantage of his ability to race when and where he wants.....and has gotten way better because of it.....because I can tell ya when he was rolling around the Carolina's racing in that bud car he pretty much su cked and was a field filler against the regional guys at best.

It's a rhetorical observation , but I would have loved to have seen the 101 jump on a national series for a couple years in his prime just to see how polished he could get that raw talent....but he didn't and I'm sure if you asked him today , he wouldn't change a thing in that regard.

Jking24
05-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Qoute still doesn't work. Barbecue i didn't meant to imply he wrecks people. My point was more that he seems to have problems in general competing with the national drivers. I feel like you see a different Casey when he races against those guys. I didn't see the previous Richards incidents and i don't remember the exact details of when Casey punched josh but i do remember that i felt like that was purely a racing incident. Many regional guys get a attitude with the " big" guys because they race aggressive but that's why their shop they are with a few exceptions most national drivers got to where they are because they win and don't care if they ruffle some feathers along the way. It's not personal

Barbecueboy
05-04-2020, 07:12 PM
I can promise you josh wrecking Casey at friendship wasn't a racing deal, neither was the initial wreck at screven or the payback wreck where Casey spun Josh out the next night......I'm guessing ( and it's purely a guess) that Casey gets more nervous than he does an attitude with the touring guys.

Being said, he does have a handful of wins against them so I guess he doesn't get that nervous.

I kind of knew what you meant though, anybody that knows him/them will tell you they don't just go around wrecking people and they are very respectful of others and their stuff.........almost every driver that's raced against them will tell you that.

IMO , racing is part time for the 101 guys and they win and do well part time because of that...

ZERO25
05-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Overton ran the Erb line…….from the bottom to the top! I guess its all his track!

Barbecueboy
05-05-2020, 06:33 AM
Some of his superfans think the same of their " opinions".......

NormP
05-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Overton can't hold down a job and drives like a jerk. I can't wait till he gets his.

Hasn't he had a ride every year for the past 3-4 years at least?

BloomerWon
05-05-2020, 12:49 PM
"Overton ran the Erb line…….from the bottom to the top! I guess its all his track!"

How dare he run that line! Guys like JD can't figure out how to pass! So rude!!

HIGH ROLLER
05-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Hi phil how are you?

BloomerWon
05-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Hi phil how are you?

I'm good, Rich. You?

HIGH ROLLER
05-05-2020, 02:46 PM
I'm good, Rich. You?

Not to bad. Just trolln 4m 😁😁

President Clinton
05-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Overton is a great talent, but there is a reason he can’t keep rides???? Show respect you get respect but don’t and you cost owners more than winning will pay for. If he can’t pass you, he will use you, then says “man it’s racing “ I have seen Casey wreck himself to keep from banking off people, seen all the top guys not have to drive that way. Casey said what he needed to be politically correct, but I will bet the farm he races Overton differently going forward? Brandon might wanna think about Casey works for a living, doesn’t have to race to eat his beanie weenies.

Barbecueboy
05-06-2020, 06:39 AM
That sums it up pretty good. To paraphrase another poster....There's a reason one gets mad respect from drivers and the other does not, lol.

Pennsboro32
05-06-2020, 06:47 AM
I've never heard anyone say Brandon drives rough until the incident at Volusia with him and Whitener who is one of the best at roughing people up.

weatherman85
05-06-2020, 10:48 AM
As some have said, had Casey just simply hit his marks this would be a non issue. It was the last lap and Brandon went for an opening that all of a sudden presented itself. Sure, Brandon bumped/rubbed Casey coming off of 2 but he did not wreck him. Casey did that himself in turns 3 & 4. I've seen Brandon run others very cleanly. Lavonia WoO show last year comes to mind. He raced Chris Madden and Bloomer VERY cleanly in that race for the lead. You could say he just respected them more then Casey and maybe so. Got to remember that these drivers have been itching to get back to the track just as much as us if not more. I think that made Brandon even hungrier for the win. I think a lot of other drivers would have done the same thing on the last lap in Brandon's spot.

WisWildManFan
05-06-2020, 11:04 AM
Looked to me like Casey tried to diamond off the corner and Brandon stuck his car in the low line. Not sure if Casey missed his marks as much as he tried a different line. I don’t understand what happened in turn 3 tho? Was he trying to take a line to dump him and got berm instead?

President Clinton
05-06-2020, 12:06 PM
More than likely!!!! Casey is very calm till you flip his switch, then he’s one of them murder hornets I been hearing about on the news lol