PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Summernationals

LM1
05-06-2020, 09:18 PM
With the governor of IL saying there won’t be any gatherings of more than 50 until there is a vaccine, will the Summernationals be cancelled this summer. Or is it possible for WRG to make enough off of PPV to make it work?

bullring
05-06-2020, 09:24 PM
The whole tour going to be run at I-55. Will save a lot on gas money though

grt74
05-06-2020, 09:24 PM
no matter what, its going to be a rough year

Shiny Side Up 18
05-06-2020, 09:29 PM
I don't think we'll see a single competitive lap turned anywhere in IL this year. The writing is on the wall.

I'm very concerned about the impact this will have on an already financially challenged industry.

NeedforLMspeed
05-06-2020, 09:32 PM
Everything has been operating without a vaccine for aids/HIV either....

50Dixon50
05-06-2020, 09:34 PM
I don't think we'll see a single competitive lap turned anywhere in IL this year. The writing is on the wall.

I'm very concerned about the impact this will have on an already financially challenged industry.

Yeah exactly right but not just racing absolutely no SPORTING event period

intel8
05-06-2020, 09:34 PM
If Illinois governor Pritzker has his way we'll be locked down all summer. Scheduling nightmare, but plenty of tracks in eastern Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin to have nice schedule.

One Man Gang
05-06-2020, 10:36 PM
When is next election in Illinois for Governor ?

Shiny Side Up 18
05-06-2020, 10:40 PM
When is next election in Illinois for Governor ?

fryefan
05-06-2020, 10:52 PM

I hope things get better in a month or so and they get some races in. I always look forward to traveling to Illinois to see some good shows at Macon, Fairbury, etc.

riddle28
05-07-2020, 06:18 AM
illinois gov has to keep his local economy tanked since its an election year. i doubt any racing will happen there either, at least not before fall

GEAR_HEAD
05-07-2020, 06:28 AM
illinois gov has to keep his local economy tanked since its an election year. i doubt any racing will happen there either, at least not before fall

Wolf is doing the same thing in PA. He participating in Democrat's next scam on America by trying to ruin the state's economy until the election. And he's doing a pretty good job of it. Hopefully all of the Republican run states and WV since Justice is pretty conservative will be open pretty soon.

Pennsboro32
05-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Wolf is doing the same thing in PA. He participating in Democrat's next scam on America by trying to ruin the state's economy until the election. And he's doing a pretty good job of it. Hopefully all of the Republican run states and WV since Justice is pretty conservative will be open pretty soon.At this point, Justice hasn't given a timeline on events with 25 people or more. Tracks have called his office only to be told no practices, races, and no timeline. I'm not sure what's going to happen in WV this summer either.

mccreadiefan39
05-07-2020, 08:35 AM
When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.

Pennsboro32
05-07-2020, 08:41 AM
When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.When we lost our freedom.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
05-07-2020, 08:47 AM
With 33 million filing for unemployment in just 2 months, no one will have the money to go to any races. Just don't know if things will ever be like they were before. Sad.

WisWildManFan
05-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Whole thing is f@cking stupid. Work with 3,000 people still don’t know anyone that knows anyone that has died from this. Hospitals are laying people off where I live. No elective surgeries no people in the ER. My work is offering separation packages to 55 and older and 10 years of service. Already have 15 furlough days for rest of year and now layoffs will be coming. They managed to f@ck trumps economy up good.

CIRF
05-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Governor fat ass said yesterday that the Illinois State Fair in Springfield and the Du Quoin State Fair in Southern Illinois are "highly unlikely" to take place. The Springfield State Fair runs from the 13th thru the 23rd of August and Du Quoin runs from August 28th thru September 7th. It's a safe bet that if he's all but putting the kibosh on the fairs thru early September the chances of any gatherings of any kind thru the summer are slim, at best.

If the whole summer of racing is out the window this could put in jeopardy even the most solvent of promoters.

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 09:47 AM
When did America become so selfish? We are quickly heading towards 100,000 deaths in 2 months from Covid-19. I want racing back just as bad as any other person but to me life and death is more important than some summer nationals race in July in Illinois.
When it affects people the most with underlying health issues which can be similar to the flu and the recovery rate is in the high 90% rate. And 100,000 deaths out of 330 million people.

The sad part is you have american citizens who are Democrat who are protesting their government to open back up will most likely vote Democrat again next time around still

Dlmfan123
05-07-2020, 10:18 AM
With 33 million filing for unemployment in just 2 months, no one will have the money to go to any races. Just don't know if things will ever be like they were before. Sad.People in pa are making an extra 600 a week +regular unemployment. And quite a few are making more now on employment then they make working. It's a shame

WisWildManFan
05-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Democratic way of life make people depend on the handout

over4T
05-07-2020, 10:26 AM
mccreadiefan39's post hit it exactly on the bullseye.

Our state (CA) has over 10% of the US population and to date just over 2,100 deaths known, granted a very small percentage and I personally don't know a one of them but if even one was a family member or friend, co worker or such it would be too much. We've done a pretty good job out here, considering political parties' squabbling as in all states. Fact is neither major party has had much to brag about in the last 20 or 30 years.

I've been in this racing thing for 60+ years, have 2 cars ready to go and had a very nice and varied schedule with several new tracks we were excited about and, at my age, probably not too many seasons left and it's looking like the 2 races we got in January and February may be it. Yet I will, if not with joy, kiss this season adios without too many tears if it gets our country healthy even one day sooner.

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Pretty sure the death toll numbers are inflated some. Didn't someone die of a stroke or heart attack but had traces of Covid-19 so they ruled the death from that.

Pennsboro32
05-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Pretty sure the death toll numbers are inflated some. Didn't someone die of a stroke or heart attack but had traces of Covid-19 so they ruled the death from that.There's been several reports stating that some hospitals marked it down as covid death even if they just had a symptom of the virus. You could have cancer and get covid, then die and get marked as died from covid.

dmr37
05-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Not sure where Indiana stands on reopening, but if Illinois is shut down, would some promoter consider having races at a closed up track over there? I'm thinking about the track in Boswell, Indiana.

GEAR_HEAD
05-07-2020, 11:54 AM

It should be up to individuals how to handle their health. 99.95% of people survive the virus. Just like the flu. Everything we do has a risk element, that doesn't mean our freedoms and quality of life should be destroyed "to keep us safe". Open the tracks...if you want to go racing then great. If not, stay home.

jr29
05-07-2020, 12:19 PM

Maybe....just maybe....the dumbest comment I've ever seen in my life.

jr29
05-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Races are happening in California but not Tennessee or Mississippi. Those democratic governors in Tennessee and Mississippi are really screwing things up............wait......

riddle28
05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
if you want the deaths the media reports go here

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

if you want the actual covid deaths, which i still suspect are inflated, go here

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

jr29
05-07-2020, 12:28 PM

We are gonna zoom past 100,000 deaths I believe.

I want to go racing in a big, big way. I'm not sure if packing the grandstands is the right way to do it though. We are gonna have to make some sacrifices for a while.

GEAR_HEAD
05-07-2020, 12:42 PM
if you want the deaths the media reports go here

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

if you want the actual covid deaths, which i still suspect are inflated, go here

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

All of those numbers are inflated. The CDC told hospitals to classify all Covid, flu, and pneumonia deaths as Covid deaths. The hospitals make more money that way. We'll never know how many Covid deaths there truly were, but you know it's less than the high numbers they're reporting to keep the unnecessary fear mongering going.

B_K
05-07-2020, 12:45 PM

Nobody in the history of Earth has been accidentally butt ****ed, but a lot have been coughed or sneezed on/around. That’s a terrible comparison.

That being said, you can’t wait for a vaccine that may or may not come. You don’t get herd immunity by staying home. Ramp up testing/tracing, wash your hands, respect people’s space, and live your life.

I loathe how political this has become. If this were happening in 2018 as opposed to 2020 I’d imagine the stance taken by many would be different.

Pennsboro32
05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
100% BK, Nailed it.

jr29
05-07-2020, 12:51 PM
I agree with a lot of that BK.

And it was the worst comparison ever.

50Dixon50
05-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Pretty sure the death toll numbers are inflated some. Didn't someone die of a stroke or heart attack but had traces of Covid-19 so they ruled the death from that.

According to what I've found out their are some hospitals paying more money for their employees to record a death of natural causes as covid-19 to inflate the numbers up

jr29
05-07-2020, 12:58 PM
I don't doubt that there are cases of hospitals putting out phony test results. I don't think it's widespread though.

WisWildManFan
05-07-2020, 01:11 PM
According to this in 2017 the US had 7,708 deaths on average a day. 7708 x 60 is 462,480. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6826a5.htm

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 01:20 PM
All about getting funding.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Freedom is such a selfish thing????

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:30 PM
So the Florida beaches getting invaded has resulted in no deaths, you know CNN and the usual cohorts would be there making it 24/7 news if there one sick person.

Yes COVID is a little worse than a severe flu, but to most it is not. There are people that get infected that do not even get sick.

WildBill32
05-07-2020, 01:33 PM
The numbers are very much inflated... Try and find the numbers of how many deaths have happened since this China viras started in the USA of people who of died from the Flu Heart attacks ect. They are no were to be found... I will wait... People want there freedoms back! Life & libertys and the right to assemble. It's time to get back to life as we once new it. And it's time to get back to Dirt Track Racing as well. Imo...

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:35 PM
We are gonna zoom past 100,000 deaths I believe.

I want to go racing in a big, big way. I'm not sure if packing the grandstands is the right way to do it though. We are gonna have to make some sacrifices for a while.

For how long, it's obvious that the Democrat governors are not going to let things get back to normal. They have changed the normal and intend to keep it that way.

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:38 PM
So the Florida beaches getting invaded has resulted in no deaths, you know CNN and the usual cohorts would be there making it 24/7 news if there one sick person.

Yes COVID is a little worse than a severe flu, but to most it is not. There are people that get infected that do not even get sick.

I heard earlier this week that a girl went on spring break in Florida then went home to Mississippi and gave it to people in her church. One of the people died.
There you go.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:38 PM
If people don't demand an end to this lock down, there won't be no Summer Nationals. Illinois is a key state for this series and who sees them allowing racing to resume?

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:39 PM
For how long, it's obvious that the Democrat governors are not going to let things get back to normal. They have changed the normal and intend to keep it that way.

Tell that to California. They are racing all over this month.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:40 PM
I heard earlier this week that a girl went on spring break in Florida then went home to Mississippi and gave it to people in her church. One of the people died.
There you go.

You heard? Well there you have it folks, get back in your houses and put on your face masks!!!!

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:43 PM
You heard? Well there you have it folks, get back in your houses and put on your face masks!!!!

You said it hadn't happened and I provided an example.
And how do you get your news....by smell or touch ?

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 01:48 PM
I heard Clayton is my cousins sisters next door neighbors uncle's brother from Vietnam third cousin. But that's just what I heard. Don't know if it's true or not.

See how that works...

Josh Bayko
05-07-2020, 01:49 PM
You said it hadn't happened and I provided an example.
And how do you get your news....by smell or touch ?

Saying you heard isn’t providing an example. Hearsay isn’t evidence.

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks, Ben Matlock.

bullring
05-07-2020, 01:53 PM
I'm not expecting to see any racing in Illinois this year unless somebody overrides Doughboy. I'm hoping Wisconsin can pull something off so I don't have to drive to Missouri all summer to see a race.

I'm worried about the Libs next attack. People die going to and from work. People die in accidents at work. People die from heart attacks caused by the stress from work. People get fired from work and go shoot the place up and kill people. How long before they just outlaw work?
"If it only saves one life"
Fu*ki%g Morons.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:53 PM
I heard Clayton is my cousins sisters next door neighbors uncle's brother from Vietnam third cousin. But that's just what I heard. Don't know if it's true or not.

See how that works...

You heard that too????

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:55 PM
I'm not expecting to see any racing in Illinois this year unless somebody overrides Doughboy. I'm hoping Wisconsin can pull something off so I don't have to drive to Missouri all summer to see a race.

I'm worried about the Libs next attack. People die going to and from work. People die in accidents at work. People die from heart attacks caused by the stress from work. People get fired from work and go shoot the place up and kill people. How long before they just outlaw work?
"If it only saves one life"
Fu*ki%g Morons.

The president and his administration put the reopening guidelines in place. Ask him.

jr29
05-07-2020, 01:57 PM

See how that works...

I read your comparison of Cornavirus to HIV. I didn't need to know anything else.

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 01:58 PM
The president and his administration put the reopening guidelines in place. Ask him.

Wrong.......

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 01:58 PM
https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jeffrey-tucker/woodstock-occurred-middle-pandemic

This is a very interesting read, for those who have the time to read.

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jeffrey-tucker/woodstock-occurred-middle-pandemic

The flu spread from Hong Kong to the United States, arriving December 1968 and peaking a year later. It ultimately killed 100,000 people in the U.S., mostly over the age of 65

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Wrong.......

We're talking about Covid-19......not HIV.

TS FAN
05-07-2020, 02:02 PM
People die every day from a lot of different things. If they reported cancer deaths, flu deaths, Pneumonia deaths it might look the same. 70,000 people would barely populate a small town in the midwest. Enough of the lockdown. You want to watch racing at the track, you should be able too. You don't, that is fine too. You can stay home. Life goes on and it is time for it to on with our freedoms in tact.

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 02:06 PM
You heard that too????

Guy that works two days a week at post office told me. He heard it from his ex wife

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 02:06 PM

Guvnuh must have family in the sport. haahhhaa

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 02:07 PM
We're talking about Covid-19......not HIV.

The president put reopening guidelines on governor's and local authorities.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:08 PM

This is a very interesting read, for those who have the time to read.

The flu spread from Hong Kong to the United States, arriving December 1968 and peaking a year later. It ultimately killed 100,000 people in the U.S., mostly over the age of 65

That's terrible. Covid-19 is gonna kill that many in 1/3 the time if not less. No telling how many it'd be if we hadn't practiced social distancing.
And if you are happy with the response to that then give props to Johnson....the democrat.

fuzzyracing
05-07-2020, 02:10 PM
YouTube "Plandemic", should be a 26 minute documentary. Whole New Light!!!

dmr37
05-07-2020, 02:11 PM

with people in the stands?

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:20 PM
with people in the stands?

Google works for both of us, my friend.
I just know that tracks are racing. I believe the governor left it up to the towns and counties.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:25 PM
YouTube "Plandemic", should be a 26 minute documentary. Whole New Light!!!

I watched it. One minute they suggest that the government is behind it, the next minute they suggest hospitals are involved so they can scam the government out of medicare money. Can't have it both ways.

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 02:28 PM
California has to get to phase 4 before opening up to large gatherings. The governor of California wasn't leaving it up to towns and counties to decide. Three counties in Northern California defied the orders and decided to open up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcra.com/amp/article/california-governor-to-reveal-guidelines-for-reopening/32397769

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:29 PM
The president put reopening guidelines on governor's and local authorities.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 02:34 PM
Google works for both of us, my friend.
I just know that tracks are racing. I believe the governor left it up to the towns and counties.

If Goggle worked for you then show us a dirt track that's been open and running races with fans these last two months. Horse tracks seem to be closed as are most any race tracks period, they say "temporarily closed" on their websites.

over4T
05-07-2020, 02:36 PM
jr29, Don't know where you got your information but there are no races going on in California and aren't likely to be any for a long while. Nearly all of our tracks are on state fairgrounds property and, off hand I can only think of about 5 that aren't and one of those is on a reservation (Indian or Native American as you choose). There is 0% chance of the fairgrounds tracks running until this mess is a lot better

The best there is are a couple of the private ones opening to rentals with only a coupe of cars. The granddaughter's boyfriend is a motocross guy and has been to a couple river bottom playdays with no spectators and says it was strange.

Hope your state(s) stay safe and can open at an appropriate time.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:36 PM
California has to get to phase 4 before opening up to large gatherings. The governor of California wasn't leaving it up to towns and counties to decide. Three counties in Northern California defied the orders and decided to open up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcra.com/amp/article/california-governor-to-reveal-guidelines-for-reopening/32397769

Wrong. Go about 1/2 way down the page on my link....
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/coronavirus/phase-2-of-californias-reopening-plan-is-coming-heres-what-to-know/2357393/

NeedforLMspeed
05-07-2020, 02:37 PM
https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

That's true. The key part those is where it says these guidelines will help state and local officials. Those guidelines are for state and local officials to work off of and give them a base starting point. Doesn't mean they have to follow them strictly abide by them.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:38 PM
jr29, Don't know where you got your information but there are no races going on in California and aren't likely to be any for a long while. Nearly all of our tracks are on state fairgrounds property and, off hand I can only think of about 5 that aren't and one of those is on a reservation (Indian or Native American as you choose). There is 0% chance of the fairgrounds tracks running until this mess is a lot better

The best there is are a couple of the private ones opening to rentals with only a coupe of cars. The granddaughter's boyfriend is a motocross guy and has been to a couple river bottom playdays with no spectators and says it was strange.

Hope your state(s) stay safe and can open at an appropriate time.

Marysville Raceway racing this Saturday per their facebook.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:40 PM
That's true. The key part those is where it says these guidelines will help state and local officials. Those guidelines are for state and local officials to work off of and give them a base starting point. Doesn't mean they have to follow them strictly abide by them.

Great leadership huh ? Not vague at all.

jr29
05-07-2020, 02:43 PM
If Goggle worked for you then show us a dirt track that's been open and running races with fans these last two months. Horse tracks seem to be closed as are most any race tracks period, they say "temporarily closed" on their websites.

Marysville Raceway.
I never said anything about a track running for two months.

50Dixon50
05-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Their is a track at Farmington mo that is racing this Saturday night no limits on fans or cars rico Abreo will be racing of course in a sprint

fryefan
05-07-2020, 03:03 PM

I am not affiliated with either party, but it is not just Democratic governors. For example, Iowa has a Republican governor and they are not allowed to have fans either.

Hopefully, they will get a vaccine by the end of the year and we can get back to the old normal next year. For now the new normal is going to be a mixed bag, based upon outbreaks in the various states.

TS FAN
05-07-2020, 03:16 PM
vaccine going to be hard to come up with in this type of strain from what I am understanding. What is not hard, letting business open back up. Dems Gov likely to not go along, Power Power.

jr29
05-07-2020, 03:16 PM
I am not affiliated with either party, but it is not just Democratic governors. For example, Iowa has a Republican governor and they are not allowed to have fans either.

Hopefully, they will get a vaccine by the end of the year and we can get back to the old normal next year. For now the new normal is going to be a mixed bag, based upon outbreaks in the various states.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama are all very red states with republican governors and I don't think any racing is being allowed at all. With or without fans there is no racing.
California has a democratic governor and at least one track is racing. Louisiana has a democratic governor and I believe there is some racing going on there. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
It's not a total red /blue thing but some on here are making it one at every turn.

over4T
05-07-2020, 03:25 PM
jr29, You are correct that Marysville's Facebook says they are racing per a post last night. Hadn't seen that since I seldom look at Facebook but I'm surprised that my phone wasn't ringing off the hook about it since it's only 34 miles from our home base and we are regulars on Saturday night there for years in Super Stocks/Limited LMs when we aren't out of town at a Tour race.

It is one of the privately owned joints I mentioned in my last post and my son and I are good friends with the owners. It is also in Yuba County which opened a lot of businesses yesterday, much to the displeasure of our Governor. The 3 counties, including them, in that area have had only double digit cases and one death. With a population of some 175,000 in the 3 there also has been minimal to no testing done there.

The same can be said of the northeast corner of the state, Modoc County, population 9,000, which also ignored state guidelines and opened. Zero cases with zero testing. One race track in Cedarville, literally spitting distance to Oregon, 1/4 dirt with one race a year, the Tri State Pro Stock Challenge, which is one of our favorite ones to run. That was cancelled yesterday. The Tri State series had a nice 12 race schedule in NorCal, northern Nevada and southern Oregon this year. So far 2 races in and 5 cancelled and the other 5 waiting to see.

Don't know what classes will be at Marysville if it happens but at least one or 2 Sprint classes and IMCA Sport Mods are a good bet. With a daughter, daughter in law, sister and granddaughter all in nursing/ medical fields we'll listen to their advise over the politicians and not be there. Better to err on the caution side...

jr29
05-07-2020, 03:29 PM
jr29, You are correct that Marysville's Facebook says they are racing per a post last night. Hadn't seen that since I seldom look at Facebook but I'm surprised that my phone wasn't ringing off the hook about it since it's only 34 miles from our home base and we are regulars on Saturday night there for years in Super Stocks/Limited LMs when we aren't out of town at a Tour race.

It is one of the privately owned joints I mentioned in my last post and my son and I are good friends with the owners. It is also in Yuba County which opened a lot of businesses yesterday, much to the displeasure of our Governor. The 3 counties, including them, in that area have had only double digit cases and one death. With a population of some 175,000 in the 3 there also has been minimal to no testing done there.

The same can be said of the northeast corner of the state, Modoc County, population 9,000, which also ignored state guidelines and opened. Zero cases with zero testing. One race track in Cedarville, literally spitting distance to Oregon, 1/4 dirt with one race a year, the Tri State Pro Stock Challenge, which is one of our favorite ones to run. That was cancelled yesterday. The Tri State series had a nice 12 race schedule in NorCal, northern Nevada and southern Oregon this year. So far 2 races in and 5 cancelled and the other 5 waiting to see.

Don't know what classes will be at Marysville if it happens but at least one or 2 Sprint classes and IMCA Sport Mods are a good bet. With a daughter, daughter in law, sister and granddaughter all in nursing/ medical fields we'll listen to their advise over the politicians and not be there. Better to err on the caution side...

All is good, my friend.
Hopefully you guys are wide open before too long.
All the best.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Marysville Raceway.
I never said anything about a track running for two months.

No fans allowed for that race. facebook site says

jr29
05-07-2020, 04:29 PM
No fans allowed for that race. facebook site says

Race cars ?
Keep moving the goalposts though.

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Race cars ?
Keep moving the goalposts though.

I'm just putting them back where they belong!!! :)

bullring
05-07-2020, 07:16 PM
So how many Summernationals events are scheduled in California?

intel8
05-07-2020, 08:48 PM
The whole thread derailed pretty quick, lol...

Clayton_Wetters
05-07-2020, 08:50 PM
vaccine going to be hard to come up with in this type of strain from what I am understanding. What is not hard, letting business open back up. Dems Gov likely to not go along, Power Power.

Especially if you get hit by a car or commit suicide right when you are on the verge of a "major breakthrough".

Josh Bayko
05-07-2020, 09:14 PM
Especially if you get hit by a car or commit suicide right when you are on the verge of a "major breakthrough".

Like the dude that was supposedly a murder suicide victim here in Pittsburgh.

One Man Gang
05-07-2020, 11:01 PM
There you go.
jr29, I don’t doubt the spring break deal one bit but I do know in the county I live in about 50 miles south of you there was some elder church members of a MB church went to Chicago to a church conference in March and brought the $hit back with them and infected about 30 members and 8 of them died. Supposedly been 10 people in our county that has died from it and 8 from that church and the other 2 caught it from acquaintances from the church. If it wasn’t for that trip to the conference our numbers would only be about 25 cases with 0 deaths

NeedforLMspeed
05-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Nascar has cancelled Sonoma, Richmond and Chicagoland events. Surprised the June Michigan race wasn't cancelled.

Hell tour ain't happening

JayD
05-08-2020, 12:31 PM
Democratic way of life make people depend on the handoutI received a letter signed by Trump, last I heard he’s a republican and told me in the letter he was the one to thank, so thanks Trump for destroying the economy and giving me a 1200 dollar republican socialism check that I didn’t need, I used it to buy 1200 dollars of Apple stock.

NeedforLMspeed
05-08-2020, 12:34 PM
Just because you didn't need it doesn't mean others didn't. I believe there is ways you can send it back

Clayton_Wetters
05-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Trump did not destroy the economy.

WisWildManFan
05-08-2020, 01:06 PM
This is what this whole thing will come down to... Trump destroyed America worst president since Great Depression. Blah blah blah this was all media driven. Turn off the news and live your life

WildBill32
05-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Trump made the economy great again. It was the China Viras that destroyed the economy. Now it's time to get back to Dirt Track Racing again. With some fans in the stands again.

Barbecueboy
05-08-2020, 01:34 PM
3 and 1/2 shares should set you up for life jayd.....that's some billy Ray Valentine pickups right there.

Were you able to corner the Amazon market too?

Clayton_Wetters
05-08-2020, 01:37 PM
3 and 1/2 shares should set you up for life jayd.....that's some billy Ray Valentine pickups right there.

Were you able to corner the Amazon market too?

mcfarter probably already bought up all the shares!!!!

ftfiowa
05-14-2020, 03:06 AM
wiscwildmanfan a quick ? for you: why do you always have to carry your 2 crown jewels with you? im sure everyone else is waiting with baited breath to hear your reply like I am. Thanks!

wildbill:just a fyi, its "virus", not "viras". have a nice day listening to rush on the radio!

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2020, 06:22 AM
wiscwildmanfan a quick ? for you: why do you always have to carry your 2 crown jewels with you? im sure everyone else is waiting with baited breath to hear your reply like I am. Thanks!

wildbill:just a fyi, its "virus", not "viras". have a nice day listening to rush on the radio!

Well:Dif it isn't the (King of social media) grammar police. Before you call out someone, you might want to learn how to use a capital letter.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. smdh

NeedforLMspeed
05-14-2020, 07:45 AM
His whole post was a grammatical nightmare. lol

WildBill32
05-14-2020, 08:57 AM
I really can't see any Summer nationals races happening in the State of Illnois in 2020. The Governor of the State threatened the people of the State yesterday saying... If you don't abide by the lockdown orders. You could and will be held accountable. I have a finger for this Governor... And it's not the finger saying he's number one!

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2020, 09:28 AM
It's still a month away so we'll see. Maybe a shorter schedule beginning in July.

Clayton_Wetters
05-14-2020, 03:11 PM
Sorry to say but that Ill Governor will not let them run in July, wait and see.

chathamracefan
05-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Time to start piecing together a tour of the best tracks in MO, IA & IN. Quite a few good ones to choose from. Sadly we here in the Peoples Republic of Pritzker will have to travel this summer to get our race on.

LM1M
05-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Could have a few in WI and TN too

NeedforLMspeed
05-14-2020, 03:52 PM
No way will the tour run through IL and the 2 stops in MI even though there is 3 but Butler will probably cancel anyway. They must've been desperate for another track and let Butler have one even after the debacle with the Ethanol event

hoosier race fan
05-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Time to start piecing together a tour of the best tracks in MO, IA & IN. Quite a few good ones to choose from. Sadly we here in the Peoples Republic of Pritzker will have to travel this summer to get our race on.

Dirt on Dirt UMP Summer Nationals
4 race weekends - each Thursday through Sunday

6/18 Davenport
6/19 300 Raceway
6/20 Dubuque
6/21 Wilmot

6/25 Brownstown
6/26 Florence
6/27 Tri-State
6/28 Clarksville

7/2 Legit (West Plains)
7/3 Lake Ozark
7/4 I-55
7/5 34 Raceway

7/8 Plymouth
7/9 Attica
7/10 Oakshade
7/11 Oakshade

kidrock
05-14-2020, 06:02 PM
It's still a month away so we'll see. Maybe a shorter schedule beginning in July.

I agree, a lot could happen in a month.

LM1
05-25-2020, 09:51 PM
I think it’s safe to say UMP should avoid scheduling races in IL for this years tour but we are approaching 2 weeks until the scheduled start and they haven’t said ONE WORD about 2020. Maybe they are still working on tracks but I think for both fans and drivers I think it would be in their best interest to communicate what they are working on. If they were going to cancel they should have done it by now.

50Dixon50
05-25-2020, 10:07 PM
Does a track have to be ump sanctioned to get a summer nationals date cause where I live their is a good 3/8 red clay track but not ump sanctioned

JayD
05-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Does a track have to be ump sanctioned to get a summer nationals date cause where I live their is a good 3/8 red clay track but not ump sanctionedPretty sure it needs to be a UMP track.

WisWildManFan
05-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Wilmot isn’t a ump track

d-glenn
05-26-2020, 10:23 AM
Races are happening in California but not Tennessee or Mississippi. Those democratic governors in Tennessee and Mississippi are really screwing things up............wait......

jr29, you may have been informed wrong, Duck River (TN) raced Sunday night with a full house and Thunderhill was the same Saturday night. The Mag (MS) also ran Saturday night and AL opens this weekend.

Zonks32x
05-26-2020, 10:24 AM
Tell me again, why they can't race at the same track on back-to-back nights!?!?

Let's make this simple.
4 or 5 weekends
Thur/Fri at one track
Sat/Sun at the next

Less travel for race teams and fans...and if ever there was a year where that made sense, it's 2020.

Find 10 tracks that are open and allowing fans, and get it done.

thexfactor0210
05-26-2020, 10:44 AM
You know Pevely, Oakshade, Brownstown, and a few others would be happy to host doubleheaders

foxfire2dirtracing
05-26-2020, 11:04 AM
Jr29
FWIW: Tennessee has a republican Govenor.