PDA

View Full Version : State likely to allow rcaing soon. States not likely to allow racing anytime soon.

HoosierDirtFan
05-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Thought I would be an idea to try and help those who are willing to travel to find a race.

What States are likely to allow racing in the next few months?
Missouri
Georgia
Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Wisconsin
Minnesota
North Carolina - Some tracks allowed with no fans.
Ohio - Bruskcreek raced Saturday, May 9th. Might be something to help get those tracks back.
Indiana - June 14th limited people at practices / July 4th - Racing ok with social distancing

What States are NOT likely to allow racing to resume anytime soon?
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Michigan

BTExpress
05-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Yeah it doesn't look good for Pa...Selinsgrove was all set to run a 410 sprint car race yesterday(without fans) for a PPV event and apparently got permission from the state only to have the Governor's office put the kobash on it late in the week. The promoters were going to social distance the teams and require masks, had the teams prepay their pit passes via credit card so no cash would exchange hands, were not opening the concession stands etc...Not sure what else the promoters could do to insure everyone's safety... Sounded very political to me...At this point as fans, we probably won't see any races in the state of Pennsylvania until the 4th of July.....hope I am wrong.

One Man Gang
05-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Texas is allowing racing I seen where Monarch Motor Speedway had a 2 night event this weekend

153J
05-10-2020, 12:59 PM
roaring knob is supposedly racing tonight in pa

thexfactor0210
05-10-2020, 01:45 PM
I would say New York wont be open for a long time. That in effect would cancel the June WoO shows that are still scheduled there

WildBill32
05-10-2020, 01:46 PM
It appears that the Show Me State Missouri... Is showing the other States how to getter done. First I-55 with limited fans. And now West Plains/Legit Speedway with a two day show later this Month with no limit on fans.

TS FAN
05-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Many States run by Dems will not allow anything. That is the sorry truth. Disgusting IMO

WildBill32
05-10-2020, 02:23 PM
I think that Illnois and Michigan are done for the year. With racing with any fans in the stands. (Stick a fork in them.. they are done) It's appears that it will come down on who happens to be the Governor of each State and what guidelines they have put in place. Àt this point aways. Imo

J20in1st
05-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Iowa is already racing.

Wisconsin will have a couple tracks but not full force

B_K
05-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Boyd’s raced yesterday had 20 lates 30 crates 35 sportsman and 20 front wheel drives with no fans.

Senoia ran a regular show yesterday as well.

kidrock
05-10-2020, 03:20 PM
Things can change in just a few weeks so, I wouldn't count out racing in any state that is not allowing it at this time. If the states that are allowing things to open back up numbers don't start climbing then things will change for the states that aren't allowing it trust me it will come down to revenue at some point.

Clayton_Wetters
05-10-2020, 03:54 PM
Three Dem senators are making a new bill that offers $2K and month instead of $1200 plus the same for up to three dependents. Tell me this isn't political pandering to the utmost. For the next three months to boot. So you people that will vote for whomever will give you the most money, now have a clear choice. Remember there is a horrible price to pay down the road. though. As you sell us all down the drain.

Gary
05-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Sadly, I don't see our state of Kentucky allowing racing for at least the next two months. Our governor seems to want everything to stay closed forever. Hopefully there'll be racing here by the North/South in August.

NeedforLMspeed
05-10-2020, 05:04 PM
Question is how long are some of these tracks going to be able to cover expenses. Unless they are good paying events with good cars not many people are going to buy a ppv.

153J
05-10-2020, 06:09 PM
6 whole late models at roaring knob

turnleftandgasit
05-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Gov. Pigsteer has stages for restarting the state of IL. Each stage is 28 days long. This is twice as long as any other state. You fail a stage and you just added a month. We are 10 days into stage one. Races with fans are at least 2 stages away. Bloomington has closed pools for the summer and canceled the 4th of July festivities. Without relief from the courts, I don't have much hope for racing in IL.

Barbecueboy
05-10-2020, 08:40 PM
The current governor is the only person ever to be able to screw up Illinois late model racing......can they figure out a way to keep Chicago on lockdown until the murder rate curve is flattened?

It's kind of the same thing isn't it? Trying to save lives , right?

NeedforLMspeed
05-10-2020, 08:45 PM
Gov. Pigsteer has stages for restarting the state of IL. Each stage is 28 days long. This is twice as long as any other state. You fail a stage and you just added a month. We are 10 days into stage one. Races with fans are at least 2 stages away. Bloomington has closed pools for the summer and canceled the 4th of July festivities. Without relief from the courts, I don't have much hope for racing in IL.

They cancelled the Nascar race for later in June already without even considering running without fans. I thought for sure the Michigan race in early June would be cancelled also with Chicago, Richmond and Sonoma

intel8
05-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Pritzker is all about power and liberal agenda, he cares nothing about the residents of Illinois! I'm sure the rate of businesses and family's leaving Illinois will skyrocket.

dirt crow
05-10-2020, 09:13 PM
How bout Idaho and Hawaii??

Dlmfan123
05-10-2020, 09:16 PM
6 whole late models at roaring knobRoaring Knob has been the biggest sh!t show In pa for a while.

BirkyTime15B
05-11-2020, 01:26 AM
I’d venture to bet you’ll see fans in Iowa soon. Like just in time for WoO Sprints at Knoxville.

Rocky
05-11-2020, 04:28 AM
Here's the thing fellas. Most of the races this time of year get rained out anyways, the free states will be racing by July every last one of them.

Barbecueboy
05-11-2020, 06:06 AM
Pritzker is all about power and liberal agenda, he cares nothing about the residents of Illinois! I'm sure the rate of businesses and family's leaving Illinois will skyrocket.

You can replace the words pritzker and Illinois with almost every dem in power and their home state .

LM1M
05-11-2020, 08:01 AM
MN wont be allowing races with fans in the stands anytime soon.

Josh Bayko
05-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Roaring Knob has been the biggest sh!t show In pa for a while.

Rick Jones has killed another one.

CIRF
05-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Pritzker is all about power and liberal agenda, he cares nothing about the residents of Illinois! I'm sure the rate of businesses and family's leaving Illinois will skyrocket.You're correct, intel. Our greasy, crooked, fat bastard governor cares only about the urban inbred constituency in chitcago and Metro East St. Louis. Those are the folks that made him governor and will keep his fat ass governor.

He's all but cancelled both state fair's in late August and early September so it's a safe bet that any sort of athletic event, racing included, is probably doomed for cancellation this year. The blanket draconian prevention policies apply to counties that still have zero confirmed cases the same as the urban hellhole on the lake where there are upwards of 26,000 people per square mile and nearly 78,000 confirmed cases.

There has been a mass exodus of businesses and residents from Illinois dating back a decade or so and this greasy clown is happily escalating it!

fryefan
05-11-2020, 10:15 AM
You can replace the words pritzker and Illinois with almost every dem in power and their home state .

I do not associate with either party, but to be fair, there are several states that have republican governors that have similar restrictions.

fryefan
05-11-2020, 10:17 AM
You're correct, intel. Our greasy, crooked, fat bastard governor cares only about the urban inbred constituency in chitcago and Metro East St. Louis. Those are the folks that made him governor and will keep his fat ass governor.

He's all but cancelled both state fair's in late August and early September so it's a safe bet that any sort of athletic event, racing included, is probably doomed for cancellation this year. The blanket draconian prevention policies apply to counties that still have zero confirmed cases the same as the urban hellhole on the lake where there are upwards of 26,000 people per square mile and nearly 78,000 confirmed cases.

There has been a mass exodus of businesses and residents from Illinois dating back a decade or so and this greasy clown is happily escalating it!

I have a feeling that a lot of state fairs (nation wide) will be cancelled this year. Events that do happen will be mainly subjected to limited spectators until they get a vaccine made and tested.

CIRF
05-11-2020, 11:01 AM
I have a feeling that a lot of state fairs (nation wide) will be cancelled this year. Events that do happen will be mainly subjected to limited spectators until they get a vaccine made and tested.

ff, your statement is most likely accurate and the motives are probably reasonable! It just gets frustrating and irksome that those of us in very low case count areas are forced to comply with guidelines geared for the urban hellhole known as chitcago. Our county has 23 confirmed cases as of Saturday and the vast majority of those cases are directly linked to the state prison located within the county.

Jking24
05-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Rick Jones has killed another one.Truer words were never spoken

dmr37
05-11-2020, 01:42 PM
I just read about Bristol, Tn/Bristol, VA. They share a common main street. The businesses on the TN side can reopen (at 50% capacity) while the businesses on the VA side remain locked down.

NeedforLMspeed
05-11-2020, 02:12 PM
I just read about Bristol, Tn/Bristol, VA. They share a common main street. The businesses on the TN side can reopen (at 50% capacity) while the businesses on the VA side remain locked down.
That's. Frustrating.

Pennsboro32
05-11-2020, 02:16 PM
May 21, WV can race without fans. A small step in the right direction.

GEAR_HEAD
05-11-2020, 02:26 PM
May 21, WV can race without fans. A small step in the right direction.

How many can afford to do that? Maybe they can have practice, that's about it.

Pennsboro32
05-11-2020, 02:50 PM
How many can afford to do that? Maybe they can have practice, that's about it.I know, it stinks. But it's what we're dealt with.

fryefan
05-11-2020, 03:55 PM
ff, your statement is most likely accurate and the motives are probably reasonable! It just gets frustrating and irksome that those of us in very low case count areas are forced to comply with guidelines geared for the urban hellhole known as chitcago. Our county has 23 confirmed cases as of Saturday and the vast majority of those cases are directly linked to the state prison located within the county.

I totally understand that and understand your frustration.

fryefan
05-11-2020, 03:56 PM
How many can afford to do that? Maybe they can have practice, that's about it.

Pay-per-view.

Dlmfan123
05-11-2020, 04:07 PM
U can only do so many ppvs. Imo the market is already starting to get over saturated

GEAR_HEAD
05-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Governor Wolf in PA just said he's declaring war on all business owners because they are selfish for wanting to feed their families. He said the State Senators (many of whom are veterans) are cowards for helping to fight for their citizen's freedoms. You can't make this stuff up! Some of the DA's in central PA counties like where Port Royal is said they're not prosecuting businesses for opening, so maybe there's some hope out that way.

Barbecueboy
05-11-2020, 05:22 PM
I do not associate with either party, but to be fair, there are several states that have republican governors that have similar restrictions.
I was speaking more to the posts implied liberal agenda , governors being power hungry and not caring about its constituents.

B_K
05-13-2020, 07:59 AM
Fans allowed at Boyd’s this Saturday.

Josh Bayko
05-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Governor Wolf in PA just said he's declaring war on all business owners because they are selfish for wanting to feed their families. He said the State Senators (many of whom are veterans) are cowards for helping to fight for their citizen's freedoms. You can't make this stuff up! Some of the DA's in central PA counties like where Port Royal is said they're not prosecuting businesses for opening, so maybe there's some hope out that way.

Governor Wolf has lost control over the state. Most counties have already said they’re not going to prosecute people for opening their businesses.

GEAR_HEAD
05-13-2020, 09:09 AM
WV is reopening motorsports on May 21 without spectators, but there's no limit on crew members. So technically tracks could sell an unlimited number of pit passes and we can all claim to be crew members. It also didn't mention anything about social distancing in the pits.

over4T
05-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Put Oregon on the dead list of states that stand a slim-to-none chance of racing this season. Kate Brown, the Guv, says no to any crowd gatherings for the forseeable future. Yes, she's a Democrat but I don't think that has a thing to do with it.
We're sorry to hear about it as our Tri State ProStock Challenge Tour had some shows scheduled up there at Coos Bay and Southern Oregon. Oregon is the only place on the left coast where Dirt Late Models still run with strong regular shows at Willamette and stops at Sunset, Cottage Grove, Coos Bay and a couple of others. This season really sucks.

Pennsboro32
05-13-2020, 09:41 AM
WV is reopening motorsports on May 21 without spectators, but there's no limit on crew members. So technically tracks could sell an unlimited number of pit passes and we can all claim to be crew members. It also didn't mention anything about social distancing in the pits.If everything goes well with that, I could see racing with fans 3-4 weeks after that I hope.

t4g2
05-13-2020, 09:42 AM
My town was doing great til some college kids that live off campus got together for a big gathering and now 8 of them have the virus. So its still out their and going around. The governor is hinted around of canceling both state fairs and the local pools are closed and July 4th activities and fireworks canceled. Even the big fireworks show in East Peoria/Peoria have been canceled. The Big decatur celebration in August has been canceled to. So ive lost hope on any racing in Illinios.

B_K
05-13-2020, 09:51 AM
Seems a bit much to close an entire state when 80-90% of the cases are in one metropolitan area.

HIGH ROLLER
05-13-2020, 10:27 AM
In nc our gov opened up for phase 1 and now we have had the highest cv19 cases as of monday.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2020, 10:55 AM
In nc our gov opened up for phase 1 and now we have had the highest cv19 cases as of monday.

Is it high enough to matter? Are your hospitals in danger of exceeding capacity?

NeedforLMspeed
05-13-2020, 11:01 AM
Seems a bit much to close an entire state when 80-90% of the cases are in one metropolitan area.

Exactly..........

HIGH ROLLER
05-13-2020, 11:19 AM
Is it high enough to matter? Are your hospitals in danger of exceeding capacity?

Idk i dont go around w any protection only just wash hands. Ik where your going w this and im not going debate over it w you. My problem is they were to open up phase 1 when cases leveled off and they wernt leveled off. I think alot of people in US have had this virus by the way it effect people differently.

Highside Hustler25
05-13-2020, 12:28 PM
Idk i dont go around w any protection only just wash hands. Ik where your going w this and im not going debate over it w you. My problem is they were to open up phase 1 when cases leveled off and they wernt leveled off. I think alot of people in US have had this virus by the way it effect people differently.

We're not allowed to enter any store without face coverings where I live. Not a option.

CIRF
05-13-2020, 12:35 PM
My town was doing great til some college kids that live off campus got together for a big gathering and now 8 of them have the virus. So its still out their and going around. The governor is hinted around of canceling both state fairs and the local pools are closed and July 4th activities and fireworks canceled. Even the big fireworks show in East Peoria/Peoria have been canceled. The Big decatur celebration in August has been canceled to. So ive lost hope on any racing in Illinios.

t4g2, governor fat ass has all but cancelled both state fairs. He is quoted as saying it's "highly unlikely" that either the Illinois State Fair or the Du Quoin State Fair will happen in 2020.

I'm going to copy and paste a lengthy reply that appeared on another racing message board. Kenny Dobson, the author, is the promoter at Jacksonville Speedway and universally regarded as one of the best promoters in Illinois, if not THE best. This is in response to being asked to weigh in on the virus situation as it pertains to dirt racing from a race promoter's perspective. Kenny is a straight shooter and he's not known to BS. There is plenty of room for optimism in his words. I'll let ya'll decide for yourselves what to make of Kenny's reply.

May 11, 2020

I'm going to stay out of the right/wrong politics part and going to try to just speak for our situation at Jacksonville. Know that many of the Illinois track promoters communicate regularly and have been working together in both our strategy, lobbying and brainstorming. I'd rather not name names or the way it's being done, but suffice it to say that other promoters have created a system of regular contact and sharing of information over here in Illinois that should be a good thing in handling not only the present challenges, but those we as tracks are likely to face in future years as the State looks for additional revenue sources. Although I doubt he replies, know that Bob is a big part of that engagement.

Each venue has its own line of communication to State officials at varying levels and of different parties. We have been trying to harness those to have a coherent voice to all of those channels. Those contacts extend to the highest reaches of the Administration, and I'm comfortable that those doing the communicating are being heard. What comes of being heard is another story. It will likely be an evolution, but arming those folks with facts can do nothing but move our industry closer to opening than doing nothing.

We at Jacksonville continue to assist in those efforts, but each track has very unique circumstances on how hard/far they wish to push. Several track promoters in Illinois rely on the sport to put food on the table. They are the ones that are forced to make the hardest decisions and rightfully need to be as aggressive as possible. Others, like us, have less personal pressure to make something happen due our racing business being a little more hobby and a little less business. Being a fairgrounds track with a cooperative fair board when it comes to rent at times like this helps as well. There's also some truth to the fact that I've been dealing with these same issues in my day job in trying to keep 16 retail stores in Illinois open - and that's what puts the food on my table and to an extent has needed my primary 24/7 attention during this craziness.

In Jacksonville, like other towns, we have our own unique circumstances. Our Mayor is a personal best friend and great supporter of the race track that has to go out on limbs to support us even during normal times. During our last Outlaw show we were watching together and suddenly he was taking calls as to why there was a race on a Wednesday night during the school year from some neighbors. While we have great community support, in years past the race track has at times become a political issue the neighbors want to raise. We've worked hard in recent years to be good citizens with a 'community first' attitude hoping even the naysayers will see us helping an organization they support or finding some good coming out of the fact there is noise on Fridays.

I mention that because Jacksonville is also a town that is uniquely dependent on the State of Illinois for jobs. Our little town has a State Prison, the Illinois School for the Deaf, Illinois School for the Visually Impaired, a Community College branch, a big empty State Hospital grounds the State needs to do something with etc. My personal belief and the sound public policy belief of those in our town is that the Administration is likely keeping score on which communities "go rogue". Being a firm historically Republican area that relies so heavily on State resources during a Democratic administration that has a "cause" puts us in a tough spot. So far our Mayor and officials have tried to play by the rules for the most part - and we've elected not to step outside of the box given all of the above.

Personally, I think the Governor is in a position where in the near future he's going to have to create windows for more activity - even if not a full retreat and waiving of the white flag. But I also believe that we won't see people sitting shoulder to shoulder in our grandstand until we've seen it happen at bigger venues with more political/economic pull than a little race track. I'm very interested to see where things go with College Football, Wrigley Field etc. over the coming weeks.

There are certainly some tracks in Illinois that can have a viable event with social distancing in their grandstands. I expect/hope that they will have that opportunity within a month or two. We are a small venue and would have to get very creative to have significant events with social distancing requirements. So while we work with and pull for the other tracks in Illinois to have opportunities to open the doors for events and fans ASAP, we know that our timeline is going to be slightly behind theirs - although not too far. We still fully expect to have events this year at Jacksonville one way or another. We just aren't sure what the rules will be when we do it.

Finally, there's a major sponsorship component to all of this that I'm sure the racers are feeling as well. All tracks do it differently, but I try to wait and invoice sponsorships really close to our opening day - otherwise I have a tendency to piss some of it away on non-essential stuff if I see the bank account balance healthy in the winter. This stuff all happened when we were just sending out invoices - which creates another hill to take into account. That won't slow us down, but does figure into the math on what you can blow on an experiment.

Sorry to be so long. I hit the Quick Reply button, but it didn't keep this quick. I'm optimistic and planning to race and watch races in Illinois in the coming months. I think we will see some in Illinois in June somehow. I hope that by July Jacksonville and the rest can join in. Of course this is going to take some changes to the Governor's existing 5 stage plan - but I'm confident that can/will happen with communication and advocacy. You'll notice the Governor recently keeps talking about how this can all end with a treatment - which he doesn't define. If the death rate falls through better treatment/management he can declare victory and let us move on even if we aren't all the way to zero. I see him taking that escape route at some point if his plan sets us measurably behind similar states and becomes politically unbearable.

And please dont' tell your promoters to "Grow A Set". They have a set. They might just have reasons to be a little more selective about when to use them.

EvelB7
05-13-2020, 01:17 PM
In nc our gov opened up for phase 1 and now we have had the highest cv19 cases as of monday.I live in NC as well, percentage wise it is the same (positive tests divided by tests given. They greatly increased the number of tests given....

GEAR_HEAD
05-13-2020, 01:26 PM

Getting the virus is a good thing unless it ends up being a hospitalization. Especially for college kids, it will allow them to develop antibodies to it and become immune. People need to stop acting like getting it is a bad thing if you're healthy. It's like getting the flu, 99.95% survive. In PA 2/3 of the deaths are in nursing homes and the average age of Covid deaths is 79 and almost all had underlying conditions.

RayCook53fan
05-13-2020, 02:52 PM
So... just trying to figure this one out. I live in North Georgia. Boyd's speedway (Mostly in the state of GA) has already held 2 fanless races, and is supposed to have one this weekend, with fans.

Also, of course the fanless race (I think they've had 2 now?) at Senoia

However, Dixie Speedway, which is just like 70-80 miles away from either track "had" to postpone 2 events already, and states they are not allowed to open until at least May 31, due to Gov. Kemp's executive order extending the shut down for "live event venues" and they are considered a live event venue.

So how does that work?

t4g2
05-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Gear Head My point is this was a small gathering it still is spreading and once you get 20,000 people together that will spread even more. As i already had it back In January as the doctor put it as a severe sinus infection. But as they call what doctors do is "practice".

TS FAN
05-13-2020, 03:17 PM
Dem governors are enjoying their power and will use it again in the future. That is who they are. Yet for some reason clueless people continued to elect them. It will surprise me if DLMR happens in any Dem run state until some time next year. The moron running Illinois has shut down Churches for the next year. Attack on Separation of Church and State. No surprise

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2020, 03:18 PM

I think the math on what to do has changed as the actual mortality has become better understood. I sensed you had a problem with the opening. Just curious why.

NeedforLMspeed
05-13-2020, 03:24 PM
So... just trying to figure this one out. I live in North Georgia. Boyd's speedway (Mostly in the state of GA) has already held 2 fanless races, and is supposed to have one this weekend, with fans.

However, Dixie Speedway, which is just like 70-80 miles away from either track "had" to postpone 2 events already, and states they are not allowed to open until at least May 31, due to Gov. Kemp's executive order extending the shut down for "live event venues" and they are considered a live event venue.

So how does that work?

County officials I would assume.

HIGH ROLLER
05-13-2020, 03:54 PM

So how does that work?

Does it have anything to do w the county there in?

jr29
05-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Getting the virus is a good thing unless it ends up being a hospitalization. Especially for college kids, it will allow them to develop antibodies to it and become immune. People need to stop acting like getting it is a bad thing if you're healthy. It's like getting the flu, 99.95% survive. In PA 2/3 of the deaths are in nursing homes and the average age of Covid deaths is 79 and almost all had underlying conditions.

I believe 11% of the covid related deaths in Pennsylvania involved no other comorbidities.
We probably read or heard about the the same report.
I was told the other day on here that hearing something is useless though so maybe it's all made up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2020, 04:46 PM
I believe 11% of the covid related deaths in Pennsylvania involved no other comorbidities.
We probably read or heard about the the same report.
I was told the other day on here that hearing something is useless though so maybe it's all made up.

If you are age 18-45, have no co-morbidities, and are of average weight, your odds are 10/100,000 of dying.

One Man Gang
05-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Any chance somebody can adopt Blue the French bulldog and give to Gov Pritzker ?

B_K
05-13-2020, 06:33 PM

So how does that work?

Just a WAG on my part, but maybe Swimms could “open” but maybe not at full capacity and he’s using the order as a backup. Could also be a liability issue if he were to open up before given a complete all clear.

I’m not sure how Boyd’s is allowing fans, but they say they are. Senoia is not.

dirty bert
05-13-2020, 06:53 PM
I think Boyd's has said a couple times before there racing with fans only to change to no fans like the day before the race.

B_K
05-13-2020, 07:02 PM
I think Boyd's has said a couple times before there racing with fans only to change to no fans like the day before the race.

Once for sure. I think originally it was a parking issue as they were having to use the spectator parking as overflow pit parking. Maybe they found more room or don’t think they will need the overflow.

ZERO25
05-13-2020, 07:32 PM
I guess the issue is.....who has final authority, county or state?

Needmore was packed Saturday with restrictions only at concession stand, but Dixie put out a post saying it could not open until June 1!

Confusing!!!

PushinTheLimit
05-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Landon Stallard (owner of Volunteer Speedway in TN) said earlier this week that the governor has say over the local county authorities. They tried to get clearance to race, and haven't been successful. Bulls Gap, 411 and Smoky Mtn. all the same. But places like Clarksville and Boyd's (even though the business licence is in GA, have been running for a couple of weeks. I honestly don't understand the consistency. It looks to me it should be all or none type of deal but I don't know.

thexfactor0210
05-13-2020, 07:50 PM
411 is having a race this weekend now with no fans

DLC
05-13-2020, 08:44 PM
RACING RETURNS TO THE BAD FAST TAZEWELL SPEEDWAY!!!

On Sunday night May 24th Tazewell Speedway will FINALLY kick off the 2020 racing season as we welcome back the United Championship Racing Alliance for the 2nd Annual Melvin Corum Memorial. The region's best Crate Late Model pedal smashers will battle in a 40 lap feature paying $3,001 to win!

For this event spectators WILL BE ALLOWED in the grandstands yet there will be CDC guidelines.

PushinTheLimit
05-14-2020, 08:10 AM
thexfactor0210, I posted that literally just before they announced their race. So it looks like some tracks are getting the green light to start having races in TN at least. Some other tracks are going to hold practices this weekend, so some normalcy looks to be on the horizon.

hausman
05-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Has there been any updates from Eldora regarding the Dream?

Jim11h
05-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Ohio governor to announce today remaining summer plans going forward so after this i'd assume you'll hear something from Ohio if he indeed does give guidelines for entire summer

mcarter815
05-14-2020, 10:03 AM
If you are age 18-45, have no co-morbidities, and are of average weight, your odds are 10/100,000 of dying.

However, we are starting to see a new inflammatory disease related to covid-19 in children that is similar to Kawasaki disease.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2020, 11:05 AM
However, we are starting to see a new inflammatory disease related to covid-19 in children that is similar to Kawasaki disease.

Yup. 10 or 12 cases in the whole state. 10 in Italy. It is likely related. No peer reviewed study.

mcarter815
05-14-2020, 11:16 AM
Yup. 10 or 12 cases in the whole state. 10 in Italy. It is likely related. No peer reviewed study.

Up to 100 in the UK according to the BBC. 82 in New York. Oregon is reporting their first case today.

Clayton_Wetters
05-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Up to 100 in the UK according to the BBC. 82 in New York. Oregon is reporting their first case today.

I see you continue to hear with one ear. What's wrong with the other one?

FastEd95
05-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Racing this Friday, May 15th, at Mississippi Thunder Speedway in Fountain City, Wisconsin. Fans are allowed in the stands. Running Open Late Models along with five other classes.

Barbecueboy
05-14-2020, 04:53 PM
I see you continue to hear with one ear. What's wrong with the other one?

Nothing for it to attach to...

Hoosier_Dirt
05-14-2020, 05:05 PM
I would say Wisconsin

Late_Model_Mark
05-14-2020, 05:31 PM
Gov. Ivey here in Bama may release the leash tomorrow. I hope so, I need to hear a race car engine sing to me dang it!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Waldo
05-14-2020, 05:37 PM
Cherokee Speedway, S.C.- racing this saturday May 16th. 3rd week in a row.
Harris Speedway, N.C.- racing this saturday May 16th. 1st race of the year.
Tracks are roughly 25 miles apart.

Clayton_Wetters
05-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Nothing for it to attach to...

Have I been a bad boy again? :):)

Clayton_Wetters
05-14-2020, 05:58 PM
I would say Wisconsin

Lots of people getting real angry in Wisconsin!

ButtTrick
05-14-2020, 06:05 PM
Cedar Lake opening up in WI this weekend with fans and no restrictions that I can see. Facebook and website updated. Running Friday and Saturday (5/15 - 5/16)

Rajflyboy
05-14-2020, 07:54 PM
Lancaster website says racing with Fans this weekend 👍

TS FAN
05-14-2020, 08:45 PM
Time for tracks to open for racing and FANS Enough of this and enough these Gov in Michigan Penn
Illnois who are playing Communist rulers and threatening distruction of people who disagree, time for people to rile up and take theirs back.

NeedforLMspeed
05-14-2020, 09:36 PM
Time for tracks to open for racing and FANS Enough of this and enough these Gov in Michigan Penn
Illnois who are playing Communist rulers and threatening distruction of people who disagree, time for people to rile up and take theirs back.

When the election is over. It's all about blue states try to slow the economy. My republican state is more populated than those 3 states, had less restrictions and less deaths compared to states with draconian restrictions.

One Man Gang
05-14-2020, 11:12 PM
I seen where Mississippi is allowing casinos to reopen on May 21 so in my opinion if a indoor casino can allow people to rub elbows then a outdoor sporting event should be open to the public as well.

dynotimeonly
05-15-2020, 04:14 AM
King Coumo is killing our end of NY state. Just extended our "pause" order another 30 days. Must be holding out for a big federal check?? Look at an over-lay of the colored states and it's awfully similair??????

kidrock
05-15-2020, 05:31 AM
I seen where Mississippi is allowing casinos to reopen on May 21 so in my opinion if a indoor casino can allow people to rub elbows then a outdoor sporting event should be open to the public as well.

I agree............................................. .... It would make more sense to allow an outdoor sporting event before you would allow a casino to open.

kidrock
05-15-2020, 05:36 AM
When the election is over. It's all about blue states try to slow the economy. My republican state is more populated than those 3 states, had less restrictions and less deaths compared to states with draconian restrictions.

Wouldn't that be because of the population. Could you imagine the amount of deaths lets say if New York didn't stay at home. They should have started earlier then they did and they might not have as many deaths.

It has nothing to do with the blue states trying to slow the economy smh

B_K
05-15-2020, 06:40 AM
They probably should have shut down the subway before last week and that would have saved even more lives. It’s only closed from 1-5am each day in a move that seems more symbolic than effective as that’s the absolute slowest time of travel. I’ve been to NYC 10+ times and understand the need for mass transit in normal times, but in an unprecedented lockdown seems like that Petri dish could have been closed a little sooner.

Some of these complete state lockdowns are either political or just show incompetence in leadership. The plan should not be the same for Cook county And Menard County Illinois. Leadership should devise a plan for each part of their state. To Cuomo’s credit he’s done just that. Whitmer and Pritzker should stay off TV and work for all their people not just Chicago and Detroit.

Josh Bayko
05-15-2020, 07:15 AM
King Coumo is killing our end of NY state. Just extended our "pause" order another 30 days. Must be holding out for a big federal check?? Look at an over-lay of the colored states and it's awfully similair??????

Cuomo only cares about NYC and being on tv. If you’re north of Yonkers, you are insignificant to him.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Wouldn't that be because of the population. Could you imagine the amount of deaths lets say if New York didn't stay at home. They should have started earlier then they did and they might not have as many deaths.

You are kidding, right? Open your eyes

Barbecueboy
05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
He has them open.....he just can't figure a way to lift the dem/liberal welders mask zip tied to his head to see anything that's going on without a very bright light.

And we'll, there aren't many of those over there.

Rocky
05-15-2020, 07:43 AM
The "complete state shutdown". There's a mindset from some people that everything has to be exactly the same for all at all times. Anything else is you guessed it. I'm not going to say it but you guessed it. This is just the latest form of woke outrage.

The problem with absolutist thinking is that it leads to absolute folly. You ever worked for a micro-manager? It's the least efficient way possible to run a business but to a control freak it's the only way.

You ever had a one size fits all shirt? Or a Dual Sport motorcycle? I know that you have an adjustable wrench in the kitchen drawer. Would you use it to rebuild an engine? Things that are designed to do everything are plain old lousy at everything but they'll do it, sure. That's why we don't race dirt cars on asphalt and vice versa with the exception of a few exhibition races here and there. But alas some people will scream at the top of their lungs for a Crescent wrench Wuhan virus policy and call localized policy "a failure" even if it's way more efficient (and working). But only if that's what the other side politically wants to do.

This stopped being a matter of public health on television weeks ago.

fastford
05-15-2020, 07:54 AM
Gov. Ivey here in Bama may release the leash tomorrow. I hope so, I need to hear a race car engine sing to me dang it!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

i sure hope so as well , i sure miss all my racing family at good ole TST , any speculation yet on some type of schedule ?

Barbecueboy
05-15-2020, 08:15 AM
The "complete state shutdown". There's a mindset from some people that everything has to be exactly the same for all at all times. Anything else is you guessed it. I'm not going to say it but you guessed it. This is just the latest form of woke outrage.

The problem with absolutist thinking is that it leads to absolute folly. You ever worked for a micro-manager? It's the least efficient way possible to run a business but to a control freak it's the only way.

You ever had a one size fits all shirt? Or a Dual Sport motorcycle? I know that you have an adjustable wrench in the kitchen drawer. Would you use it to rebuild an engine? Things that are designed to do everything are plain old lousy at everything but they'll do it, sure. That's why we don't race dirt cars on asphalt and vice versa with the exception of a few exhibition races here and there. But alas some people will scream at the top of their lungs for a Crescent wrench Wuhan virus policy and call localized policy "a failure" even if it's way more efficient (and working). But only if that's what the other side politically wants to do.

The whole post is spot on Rocky......but that last line sums it up the better than any sentence I've seen anywhere.

dmr37
05-15-2020, 08:22 AM
They had to keep the subway open. Same as in Chicago. Lot of people don't have cars are still working - healthcare workers and other essential workers

B_K
05-15-2020, 09:39 AM

Yeah.... what he said. Spot on perfect.

Barbecueboy
05-15-2020, 09:47 AM
They had to keep the subway open. Same as in Chicago. Lot of people don't have cars are still working - healthcare workers and other essential workers

I would agree with you if it were only open to those folks you mentioned provided they had the proper credentials.........but that's not how it was I don't believe.

jr29
05-15-2020, 11:09 AM
The governors in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't gonna slow their economies to hurt Trump. They want to be reelected too.
I've said it before....I think all of these governors are trying.

jr29
05-15-2020, 11:11 AM

Who has called for a "complete state shutdown" ?

fryefan
05-15-2020, 12:54 PM
The governors in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan aren't gonna slow their economies to hurt Trump. They want to be reelected too.

Political nutjobs always try to turn everything into a political issue.

B_K
05-15-2020, 02:05 PM
I would agree with you if it were only open to those folks you mentioned provided they had the proper credentials.........but that's not how it was I don't believe.

If only those workers had a badge or ID card to show to get on the subway....... wait a minute.....

The crowd shots I’ve seen didn’t read like a train full of RN’s.

B_K
05-15-2020, 02:09 PM

You just argued my point for me. Republicans will vote republican. Democrats will vote democrat, but a moderate making more money staying home will vote for the guy who enabled it.

The virus blew up the economy temporarily. The policies pushed by some will do major permanent damage.

Josh Bayko
05-15-2020, 03:05 PM

PA governor Tom Wolf can’t be re-elected. He’s in his second term. He is absolutely playing politics with his response.

jr29
05-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Apologies. I thought Wolfe was first term. Whitmer and Evers are definitely first term.
Tubby Boy in mississippi is being slow on the trigger too and he's a Republican.
I just think these governors are doing their best. I'm not as cynical as some of you.

jr29
05-15-2020, 03:11 PM
And Pennsylvania isn't shut down. I know there are people there that are hurting financially but plenty are working too. The whole state isn't shut down. Not even close.

NeedforLMspeed
05-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Bayko I think some of the red state ones who are first term are being cautious to not lose reelection. I think what might hurt DeSantis in FL is the issue with unemployment but how much is he at fault though. Rick Scott was the one that paid $77 mil for the website and operations in 2013. I can't imagine DeSantis knows much about it himself only what he's told

Josh Bayko
05-15-2020, 03:20 PM
And Pennsylvania isn't shut down. I know there are people there that are hurting financially but plenty are working too. The whole state isn't shut down. Not even close.

You don’t live here. You have no idea what it’s actually like here. The governor and is adviser were blatantly caught juicing the numbers to keep the lockdown going.

jr29
05-15-2020, 03:25 PM
I pull freight coming from and going to Pennsylvania all week. It's my job.
And if we can't comment about a place we don't live then we should probably all keep our mouths shut a lot more. Very few on here can mention California. Just stop.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-15-2020, 03:31 PM
Tennessee Govenor set out new rules today. Beginning next Friday (May 22) more capacity for restaurants- amusement parks & race tracks can open. This is 3 days before 411 has the $10,000 to win show on Memorial Day!!
Volunteer, Taz & Smoky Mountain (East Tennessee Tracks) & other Tennessee tracks will be good to go!!

jr29
05-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Tennessee Govenor set out new rules today. Beginning next Friday (May 22) more capacity for restaurants- amusement parks & race tracks can open. This is 3 days before 411 has the $10,000 to win show on Memorial Day!!
Volunteer, Taz & Smoky Mountain (East Tennessee Tracks) & other Tennessee tracks will be good to go!!

Governor Lee and the mayors in the major cities have done a good job. Credit to us Tennesseans too.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Lets see. The Gov of California who has no chance of not being re-elected is closing LA until labor day. Now we don't want to be political, we know he cares about the people turds in the streets and all. MEH

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 04:29 PM

I get it, you think these people want the best for their states. I get it. YEP!!

NeedforLMspeed
05-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Lets see. The Gov of California who has no chance of not being re-elected is closing LA until labor day. Now we don't want to be political, we know he cares about the people turds in the streets and all. MEH
No worries. They are going to cut pay for state workers by 10% to help ease a $54 billion dollar deficit.

He served atleast 2 terms of mayor in San Francisco. And we all know what goes on there. Then he's elected governor? Those people are either blind and oblivious to what goes on.

jr29
05-15-2020, 04:32 PM

Is the governor or the mayor behind that? Let's get our facts straight.
And unless you live there maybe you shouldn't be commenting because you don't know what is going on.

jr29
05-15-2020, 04:34 PM
I get it, you think these people want the best for their states. I get it. YEP!!

Ohio and Alabama are going slower than some neighboring states too. Do their governors not care either ?
Is the Guage for how much the governor cares calibrated by when they reopen ?

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 05:10 PM

It's the flights they allowed to come in from China and Europe, plus the subway never closed along with letting infected patients into nursing homes. That caused NY's problems.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:11 PM
Since I live in Ohio, your statement is not correct. Look I get that common sense that says the Gov want to be re-elected but in this case the have the media to help them blame Trump. If you think Penn, Ill. or Michigan is concerned about anything other than getting power in Washington, you might want to think again. The Dems wanted a recession badly to happen so they can get Magoo elected in Nov. So they get a gift. the woes of their economy with the help of the media will put the blame on Trump. How about the upstanding caring Gov in Cal. who threatened LA business that try to open by shutting their water off. LA is locked down until Labor Day. Frankly I am sick and tired the Left trying to destroy the economy and bringing in Socialism with Media in tow.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:15 PM
And unless you live there maybe you shouldn't be commenting because you don't know what is going on.

BTW My cousin and several of my family live there. The all blue state doesn't matter whether it is Gov or Mayor, they all have the same insane intentions. Only thing I will be interested to see is how the Movie and TV industry handles things when the new TV season will be all repeats and many of the entertainment Dem groups don't get paid. LOL

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 05:15 PM

Do you actually know what is going on there? There is no doubt the LA Mayor and the state governor are on a power trip and the entire state is trying to milk stimulus money by keeping the state shut down. Total Socialist corruption is the fact.

An evil world wide movement is happening right before your closed eyes.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:19 PM
It's the flights they allowed to come in from China and Europe, plus the subway never closed along with letting infected patients into nursing homes. That caused NY's problems.

LOL, he is hopeless. The Left was trashing Trump for shutting down incoming People from China. They openly defied Trump's attempt to start dealing with this thing as late as first oF March. The Botox queen was dancing in the streets of Chinatown. It is all on film and interviews. Of course all of it is shoved under the desks of the news rooms. Fox will show it, but no one else will. Instead of the Dems helping Trump with this mess, they were busy impeaching him

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:22 PM
Lets not forgot Cal. is and was up to their eyeballs in debt before the crisis. The Botox queen just put a ridiculous bill together to bail them out. So at this point Cal has no motivation to move forward. Once they get the billions from the bail out, they will move forward and blame all their woes on Trump. In the land of fruit and nuts is will easily work.

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 05:26 PM
The horrible reality of this whole virus deal is that it was planned and intentional most likely.

jr29
05-15-2020, 05:34 PM
BTW My cousin and several of my family live there. The all blue state doesn't matter whether it is Gov or Mayor, they all have the same insane intentions. Only thing I will be interested to see is how the Movie and TV industry handles things when the new TV season will be all repeats and many of the entertainment Dem groups don't get paid. LOL

Colorado opened early and that governor is a democrat.
Did he have insane intentions ?

jr29
05-15-2020, 05:35 PM
Since I live in Ohio, your statement is not correct. Look I get that common sense that says the Gov want to be re-elected but in this case the have the media to help them blame Trump. If you think Penn, Ill. or Michigan is concerned about anything other than getting power in Washington, you might want to think again. The Dems wanted a recession badly to happen so they can get Magoo elected in Nov. So they get a gift. the woes of their economy with the help of the media will put the blame on Trump. How about the upstanding caring Gov in Cal. who threatened LA business that try to open by shutting their water off. LA is locked down until Labor Day. Frankly I am sick and tired the Left trying to destroy the economy and bringing in Socialism with Media in tow.

Trump was behind shutting the economy down. Take it up with him.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee) opening up Friday May 22.

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:47 PM

LOL, you are faithful Dem. you have the talking points down

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:49 PM
Colorado opened early and that governor is a democrat.
Did he have insane intentions ?

What does that have to do with California. Colorado Gov is fine, I listened to him. He is also in a toss up state.

ZERO25
05-15-2020, 05:50 PM
All-tech opening up Sat. for fans after a well placed FB post! Excellent quick response on their part!

TS FAN
05-15-2020, 05:50 PM
Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee) opening up Friday May 22.

Good to hear. they were working hard on getting permission.

jr29
05-15-2020, 05:53 PM
LOL, you are faithful Dem. you have the talking points down

Facts are stubborn things.
He tells everyone to open things up then criticizes the Georgia governor when he does. He's a moron.

jr29
05-15-2020, 05:54 PM
What does that have to do with California. Colorado Gov is fine, I listened to him. He is also in a toss up state.

You guys talk in circles. Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania are also swing states.

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 06:04 PM

No sir, absolutely not. You get your facts straight first!!!

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 06:07 PM
You guys talk in circles. Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania are also swing states.

We are talking in circles??? That's just a play of words. An empty strategy.

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 06:08 PM
Facts are stubborn things.
He tells everyone to open things up then criticizes the Georgia governor when he does. He's a moron.

Look he allowed it didn't he??? Moron? Man you got it bad...

153J
05-15-2020, 06:35 PM
great discussion

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KindlyShadowyCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

GEAR_HEAD
05-15-2020, 07:30 PM

We need a cure for TDS more than we need a cure for the virus. TDS is more dangerous.

Clayton_Wetters
05-15-2020, 08:33 PM
And the Globalists are a thousand times more dangerous than this virus.

NeedforLMspeed
05-15-2020, 11:44 PM
All-tech opening up Sat. for fans after a well placed FB post! Excellent quick response on their part!

$30 bucks to get in. Is Lucas Oil series going to be there? Did they forget thousands of people are layed off work or had their hrs cut? No thanks

ZERO25
05-16-2020, 07:53 AM
$30 bucks to get in. Is Lucas Oil series going to be there? Did they forget thousands of people are layed off work or had their hrs cut? No thanks

I think theyre just trying to cover themselves in case few fans and drivers show up! Wendells a pretty stand up guy, if this is a great success, im sure reg prices will return!

NeedforLMspeed
05-18-2020, 12:55 PM
Merritt Speedway in Northern MI is suppose to make a big announcement shortly

i-pod
05-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Merritt just announced they are racing both Saturday and Sunday. 80
Cars per night (Late Models limited to the first 25 pre registered). 1,000 people in the stands both nights.