PDA

View Full Version : Lucas reopening tour

Dlmfan123
05-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Any idea of who's heading south other then the Lucas regulars?

Pennsboro32
05-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Max Blair, Ross Bailes, Brandon Overton, and I think I saw Zeigler say he was going.

Tireguy17
05-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Rocket1 has it on their updated schedule on Social Media

Barbecueboy
05-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Big frog gonna be tough down there......cool to see Ross making that trip.

dirtcrazy4u
05-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Is this deal still no fans

ZERO25
05-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Is this deal still no fans

Phase 2 started today, allowing 50% fan capacity.

Im hopeful the tracks will follow......Eastbay will make an extra $120 off me!

NeedforLMspeed
05-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Phase 2 started today, allowing 50% fan capacity.

Im hopeful the tracks will follow......Eastbay will make an extra $120 off me!

There won't be any fans allowed still. All Tech is racing Saturday and no fans are allowed.

ZERO25
05-11-2020, 09:45 PM
There won't be any fans allowed still. All Tech is racing Saturday and no fans are allowed.

There will be some news from Alltech shortly! The county is trying to override the governor!

btw.....they were allowing fans in the pits anyway!

NeedforLMspeed
05-11-2020, 09:52 PM
There will be some news from Alltech shortly! The county is trying to override the governor!

btw.....they were allowing fans in the pits anyway!

Clean out your inbox. You're PMS is full

ZERO25
05-11-2020, 09:59 PM
Clean out your inbox. You're PMS is full

!!!!Done!!!!

Dlmfan123
05-11-2020, 10:05 PM
Is this deal still no fansIm pretty sure Lucas products is paying the purse and they are gonna stick with no fans. Pretty sure you have to be with a team to even get in the pits

ZERO25
05-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Im pretty sure Lucas products is paying the purse and they are gonna stick with no fans. Pretty sure you have to be with a team to even get in the pits

It all changed today with Phase 2 starting. Hopefully, Lucas follows state guidelines!

I was at Needmore sat nite, the place was packed!

adamconners
05-12-2020, 01:29 AM
Big frog gonna be tough down there......cool to see Ross making that trip.I heard Ross would be in a different car at Golden Isle

toledo47
05-12-2020, 01:58 AM
It all changed today with Phase 2 starting. Hopefully, Lucas follows state guidelines!

I was at Needmore sat nite, the place was packed!

Lucas oil wasn’t gonna allow fans at Wheatland despite other MO tracks having events with fans allowed (even the WoO)

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 08:13 AM
Vic Hill has it on his schedule.

mccreadiefan39
05-12-2020, 08:36 AM
There will not be any fans allowed for the May events for the Lucas Series.

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 08:44 AM
Read an article that some of the drivers on the lucas tour that were skeptical about having fans so soon.

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Read an article that some of the drivers on the lucas tour that were skeptical about having fans so soon.

It's really not their decision. Who do they think they are, Dem governors? Lol

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 09:25 AM
It's really not their decision. Who do they think they are, Dem governors? LolEvidently it was. Lucas reached out to drivers and that's what was agreed on per article.

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 09:29 AM
It's really not their decision. Who do they think they are, Dem governors? Lol

Unless you're being sarcastic. Why wouldn't it not be the drivers decision? Their the ones putting on the show

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Unless you're being sarcastic. Why wouldn't it not be the drivers decision? Their the ones putting on the show

It doesn't effect their lives at all if fans are in the stands or not. So why WOULD it be their decision? So now fans are just a nuisance to the Lucas drivers?

dirtcrazy4u
05-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Just checked the lucas Web site, NO FANS. ***********************************😠 Glad I got that off my chest

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 12:49 PM
So now fans are just a nuisance to the Lucas drivers?

A nuisance... lol

I think it's dumb too but you're too far right can be just as much of a nuisance sometimes than the too far left here.

RiffRaf67
05-12-2020, 01:20 PM
Sure it effects the drivers. No fans in the stands means you sold 0 tshirts that day.

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 01:23 PM
A nuisance... lol

You're too far right can just as much of a nuisance sometimes than the too far left here.

Lol, but seriously, what business it is of theirs? Just more elitist attitudes like the governors because they know better than us peasants and they need to make our life decisions for us because we're too stupid. When drivers feel the need to make our life decisions for us this has definitely gone too far. We can call it the Lucas Oil Lockdown. Lol

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Sure it effects the drivers. No fans in the stands means you sold 0 tshirts that day.

Exactly. Why would they want that?

dirtcrazy4u
05-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Just checked the lucas Web site, NO FANS. ***********************************😠 Glad I got that off my chest

kidrock
05-12-2020, 03:03 PM
Just checked the lucas Web site, NO FANS. *********************************** Glad I got that off my chest

lol and not that there are no fans allowed because that ----- but, the comment "glad I got that off my chest" was funny!

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 03:26 PM
Lol, but seriously, what business it is of theirs? Just more elitist attitudes like the governors because they know better than us peasants and they need to make our life decisions for us because we're too stupid. When drivers feel the need to make our life decisions for us this has definitely gone too far. We can call it the Lucas Oil Lockdown. Lol

My governor needs to make life decisions to able to determine how much money needs to be budgeted. The new budget needs to be signed by July 1st and he's waiting also to see how much federal funding comes in to make adjustments.

(I don't live in a blue state and my governor is very republican)

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 04:40 PM
My governor needs to make life decisions to able to determine how much money needs to be budgeted. The new budget needs to be signed by July 1st and he's waiting also to see how much federal funding comes in to make adjustments.

(I don't live in a blue state and my governor is very republican)

They are elected to do budgeting. They are also elected to protect our freedoms, not play games with them and take them away to use us as pawns in their political games.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Another thread down the drain to politics by the same few people!

GEAR_HEAD
05-12-2020, 05:25 PM
Another thread down the drain to politics by the same few people!

I don't remember the Lucas drivers injecting politics before. This is the first time I've seen it.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Maybe Pennsboro could post the article he is referring to about the Lucas Oil Drivers before everyone just assumes it’s true. 4m is about 50/50 when it comes to rumors & truth.

How about it Pennsboro: post the article you read!

Josh Bayko
05-12-2020, 06:32 PM
He’s probably referring to the DoD article about the Lucas races. It mentions the drivers being apprehensive about staying healthy.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2020, 06:44 PM
Just read the Kovac article where he was quoting Swallie. I guess one could interpret that in different ways? But in defense of Pennsboro -he did read it- my apologies.

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Fox, I don’t think you should categorize me in the same category as the trolls. My cred shouldn’t be questioned, I feel like I post a ton of good info here. If you read the DirtonDirt article, I took it as some Lucas drivers were skeptical about fans being in attendance.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Pennsboro- I just stated above I read the article on DOD. Yes -I have been a loyal subscriber since their beginning. I am not questioning your crews- nor do I want to have any arguments with people I don’t know (or people I do know). I am just a race fan for 56 of my 63 years. It just gets old to see every topic turned into the same ole political bs by the same few. Nobody likes this covid19 virus & how it has changed our world- but all the negative attitudes don’t help anything. I am sure my desires are the same as yours- getting back to our normal life & world. A lot of people are stressed over this stuff- I just try to stay some kinda positive & not fall into a deep dark hole.
To me as a fan - racing is a luxury and not a necessity-but it is a means of employment for many & I understand what they are going thru.
I just truly wish that we all on 4m as race fans (and teams) could do a better job at getting along instead of the same ole “I am tougher than you approach.”
At least with the topics turning into political views- we are not reading about Bobby Pierce & Bloomquist fans throwing stones!

ZERO25
05-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Theres a reason there wont be any fans at the Lucas races and its not related to the virus. I was sworn to secrecy so ill comment after the races are run!

But I will say this...….if every driver and fan knew why the Lucas series was doing this, they would be highly impressed!

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Zero25
I am impressed already & no races have been run. It has to be a big financial cost for Lucas Oil?
My question : is Lucas paying Golden Isles & East Bay for the use and cost of operating the facilities?
Just curious as to what is in it $$ for the 2 tracks other than good publicity. Thanks in advance

Barbecueboy
05-12-2020, 07:59 PM
I'm already highly impressed with what Lucas does.......have been for a while.

Cool that you are a man of your word zero25 and I'm still betting you find that hole in the fence at east bay and I end up seeing you on the backstretch hill when the camera pans by.

chathamracefan
05-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Foxfire. Just a guess on my part but I imagine it is a track rental with Lucas paying $ to the tracks. That is what WOO did at Knoxville for sprints last Friday. From track standpoint they at least get something coming in and don’t have the normal race night expenses in terms of staff

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 09:14 PM
I don't know how much publicity East Bay needs. They're closing any way

ZERO25
05-12-2020, 09:19 PM
I don't know how much publicity East Bay needs. They're closing any way

Stop it...….you already got me started in depression! lol

ZERO25
05-12-2020, 09:22 PM
I'm already highly impressed with what Lucas does.......have been for a while.

Cool that you are a man of your word zero25 and I'm still betting you find that hole in the fence at east bay and I end up seeing you on the backstretch hill when the camera pans by.

Man , ima trying! lol

I thought my Lucas connection would get me in, but he said they were under strict orders!

foxfire2dirtracing
05-13-2020, 06:31 AM
First time in many years that Lucas Tour will be at Golden Usles & East Bay and me not being there! Hope they have great racing & East Bay can furnish the teams with some strawberry shortcake!!

NeedforLMspeed
05-13-2020, 03:32 PM

If I'm in the stands and I'm sick but don't know I'm sick and there's other people around me and one or two of them is sick and don't know it and some fans/crew who came in through the pits with Billy Bob's team that is sitting close by and contracts from us then go down to the pit area after the event and hang out with Billy Bob and some other people then they contract it and and then those people ride home with their people then they contract it to. And don't say race team crew guys don't sit in the stands. I've had Davenport's guys, a couple guys with Owens, Bob and Angie Pierce, Bronson's guys and even Chad Knaus sit near me in the stands at various tracks just to name a few.

I think it's ridiculous just as much as you do if not more but some logical thinking has to be put into it

GEAR_HEAD
05-13-2020, 06:51 PM
If I'm in the stands and I'm sick but don't know I'm sick and there's other people around me and one or two of them is sick and don't know it and some fans/crew who came in through the pits with Billy Bob's team that is sitting close by and contracts from us then go down to the pit area after the event and hang out with Billy Bob and some other people then they contract it and and then those people ride home with their people then they contract it to. And don't say race team crew guys don't sit in the stands. I've had Davenport's guys, a couple guys with Owens, Bob and Angie Pierce, Bronson's guys and even Chad Knaus sit near me in the stands at various tracks just to name a few.

I think it's ridiculous just as much as you do if not more but some logical thinking has to be put into it

Then the odds of them surviving are 99.95%. You would have the same situation with the flu, which is actually more deadly. And the Winternationals happen every year down there during the worst part of flu season. If they don't want to socialize with people that were in the stands then put up a barrier like Bloomer does.

Barbecueboy
05-13-2020, 06:56 PM

That's a whole heck of a lot of if's and maybe's..........

dirtcrazy4u
05-13-2020, 08:33 PM
Common sense men. That's all that is needed. Unfortunately that went away generations ago. Soooo, we have what we have. And yes it stinks.

Barbecueboy
05-13-2020, 10:37 PM
Agreed......I think I'm smart enough to know where to go and when and don't really need big brother to tell me how.

If I think it's worth the risk for the reward then I'll go or do what I need to do.....if I don't, I won't.

Good post dirtcrazy4u

kidrock
05-14-2020, 05:18 AM
Common sense men. That's all that is needed. Unfortunately that went away generations ago. Soooo, we have what we have. And yes it stinks.

Yep common sense will get you a long way in this world.

Clayton_Wetters
05-14-2020, 03:16 PM
Yep common sense will get you a long way in this world.

Is that why you're still in a baby crib???? hahhahahaaa