PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia Mayhem 40 drivers

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 08:03 AM
I could get used to these Thursday night shows, kind of reminds me of Thursday night football. So far I've seen these drivers listed. Billy Moyer Billy Moyer jr Jonathan Davenport Tyler Erb Ashton Winger

kidrock
05-12-2020, 08:08 AM
I could get used to these Thursday night shows, kind of reminds me of Thursday night football. So far I've seen these drivers listed. Billy Moyer Billy Moyer jr Jonathan Davenport Tyler Erb Ashton Winger

Or Thursday night Thunder back in the day on espn

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Cade Dillard

dirt crow
05-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Everyone has an opinion or how they look and handle things right now. And that’s fine. But for me, I will not support or watch any event that doesn’t have the same guidelines for fans as they do drivers. If a track can space / limit out crews, then they can space / limit out fans. I-55 didn’t have a problem that I’ve heard. ...no fans is bs.

Dlmfan123
05-12-2020, 09:01 AM
Lmao it's not like it's even a ppv event. At this point u could have watched like 5 races for 12 bucks

B_K
05-12-2020, 09:12 AM
Lmao it's not like it's even a ppv event. At this point u could have watched like 5 races for 12 bucks

You have to consider the source. It’s his deal to only be happy when whining. In the words of the great poet Horace Grant, a “ Straight up b***h “ kind of person.

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 09:18 AM
I thought Horace Grant was a basketball player.

I'll go on the record and admit I've never ordered a PPV event nor am I a DoD subscriber.

B_K
05-12-2020, 09:28 AM
He’s a true renaissance man. Poet, forward thinker, solid power forward.

Drop Shock
05-12-2020, 10:24 AM
I’m sure dirt on dirt is just devastated that you guys “refuse” to watch these shows. Clowns

LM1M
05-12-2020, 10:49 AM
I would have to guess some of the deep south regional racers will be there; Brian & Rick Rickman, Timothy Culp, David Breazeale, Dane Dacus, Neil Baggett, Robbie Stuart, Scott Dedwyler, BJ Robinson

NeedforLMspeed
05-12-2020, 10:58 AM
I'm not refusing. I'm just admitting.

RiffRaf67
05-12-2020, 01:17 PM
I too admit/refuse to buy PPV. The money doesnt goto the right people when you order a PPV. There are WAY too many greedy folks looking to make a buck streaming dirt racing IMHO. Getting corporate america involved, just like napcar, its headed down the same path when dirt fans become second fiddle to corporate TV/PPV.
If i goto the tracks, I hand the money to them, track gets 100% of my $ that way. I buy a shirt from the driver, money goes to them, 100% in his pocket.

dirt crow
05-12-2020, 01:33 PM
Drop shock - I’m not bothered by DoD carrying it live, or the previous live races the past few weeks. I’ve DoD subscriber, have been for many years. I thank Rigsby, Mrs Rigsby, and the well known staff every time I see them. My protest is not letting fans in, and I’m pointing my finger at who made that decision, whether it’s track, local or state officials. Same for other states too. I don’t think it’s right so I’m not gonna watch. If you can space out crews, you can space out limited fans. ...That’s just how I see it. Anyone looks at it differently, no problem. Watch and enjoy.

Pennsboro32
05-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Dirtcrow, if health officials are making most of those decisions, why are you punishing racing people who are going out of their way to give us entertainment?

dirt crow
05-12-2020, 02:24 PM
I’m one person my friend. I’m just speaking for how I feel. You’re right. This goes beyond racing, but god knows there’s too much politics on 4m right now so I’m trying my best not to go there. But I doubt I’m punishing anyone. Just my take on it. I’m also perfectly fine in being in the minority. Lol.

DustinJ14
05-12-2020, 03:46 PM
I too admit/refuse to buy PPV. The money doesnt goto the right people when you order a PPV. There are WAY too many greedy folks looking to make a buck streaming dirt racing IMHO. Getting corporate america involved, just like napcar, its headed down the same path when dirt fans become second fiddle to corporate TV/PPV.
If i goto the tracks, I hand the money to them, track gets 100% of my $ that way. I buy a shirt from the driver, money goes to them, 100% in his pocket.

#1) It's not a "pay-per-view" (PPV). It's included with the subscription. There is no addition charge. If you were a subscriber and then had to pay something additional to watch the race, then it would be a PPV.

#2) Actually, those broadcasting these events are financially supporting these race tracks more than you know. Without them, these events cannot happens ... not at the level in which they are.

#3) As a promoter of one of these events told me, there's a "bigger picture" to look at here. If the race is good, run efficiently, etc ... you really can't put a price-tag on the marketing value and potential future revenue a track receives.

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast partners, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ

kidrock
05-12-2020, 04:02 PM
#1) It's not a "pay-per-view" (PPV). It's included with the subscription. There is no addition charge. If you were a subscriber and then had to pay something additional to watch the race, then it would be a PPV.

#2) Actually, those broadcasting these events are financially supporting these race tracks more than you know. Without them, these events cannot happens ... not at the level in which they are.

#3) As a promoter of one of these events told me, there's a "bigger picture" to look at here. If the race is good, run efficiently, etc ... you really can't put a price-tag on the marketing value and potential future revenue a track receives.

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast companies, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ

Very well said DustinJ14

LM1M
05-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Thanks DJ for bringing a refreshing perspective to the discussion. Does anyone think a track would not want fans to come? Its the states/cities/counties that all seem to be on a different page. It has been discussed at length that the virus does not spread as effective outdoors and in warm weather so as long as tracks use common sense and distancing measures, they should all be open now. But the rogue governors, mayors, and random county officials who have no clue what they are doing seem determine to make it tough for this industry. I read today that the county where Moler Raceway Park is located in Ohio considers a practice with one car and 2 pit members a sporting event and told them they can't do it. Its stuff like that where common sense has been seemingly thrown out the window where you anger and frustrations should be directed, not at Dirtondirt or any other streaming companies.

Jim11h
05-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Wtf that County consider golf then?

Barbecueboy
05-12-2020, 07:21 PM

#4) We're all in the same boat here. We all want to be at the track. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we can't. With that in mind, let's be thankful we have folks willing to bust their butts and work countless hours to put these events on. From the promoters to the broadcast partners, there's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of things changing by the hour ... which means there's a lot of time and effort being put in just so some folks have an opportunity to watch the sport they love. It may not be the way we want to watch (we'd all rather be there in person, right?) ... but it's there for those who want to.

DJ

#3 is a walk off home run ......that's some very forward thinking from a very smart guy right there.

Thanks for posting that.

Hoosier
05-12-2020, 11:59 PM
Never forget Darwin: if the TV coverage is good and lots of people buy the shows, it'll continue and thrive. If few like it and few buy it, death is certain.

fryefan
05-13-2020, 12:11 AM

DJ

Thanks for bringing some rational thoughts to this forum. They are in short supply around here.

Look forward to seeing more of your insights.

NeedforLMspeed
05-13-2020, 01:15 AM
We need more Intimigator

Pennsboro32
05-13-2020, 07:36 AM
I think Overton will be there.

chathamracefan
05-13-2020, 07:42 AM
As to Dustin's point #2, Rigsby has been throwing around cash out of his own pocket in support of these races (adding to back row challenge, etc). DoD along with, Flo, Dirtvision, Lucas, Speedshift & any others are doing the best they can to try to make something out of a really challenging situation.

Also, giving the opportunity for some tracks to at least pull in a little $. Not what they would normally pull, but say 20% of a normal night's revenue is a whole lot more than 0% which is what they would be earning.

As a fan, I am very pleased with how the dirt racing community is taking this situation on & trying to make it work. I'm fortunate in that my & my wife's job situations are fine so I will be supporting these series, tracks & sponsors whenever & wherever possible with my $.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-13-2020, 08:09 AM
Post #25
EXCELLENT- THANK YOU!

Thedoctor
05-13-2020, 08:25 AM
Post number 24, first one on topic in awhile thank you. Came to read a drivers list, found 2 pages of bi****** instead.

Pennsboro32
05-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Chad Thrash, Rusty Schlenk, Michael Page, Stormy Scott

RiffRaf67
05-13-2020, 08:59 AM
I would not have expected someone making thier living off the subs/ppvs/media associated with dirt racing to agree with my fringe, minority, extreme opinion. But this is my opinion: All this over exposure of the dirt racing divisions is leading them down the same path as nascar. Too much exposure, too many people looking to cash in.

Didnt mean to derail the thread, was just letting dirt crow know that his minority fringe extreme opinion was shared by at least one other (esp because we have disagreed on many opinions in the past, Re: "unpopular racing opinion")
Carry on!

Josh Bayko
05-13-2020, 09:12 AM
I would not have expected someone making thier living off the subs/ppvs/media associated with dirt racing to agree with my fringe, minority, extreme opinion. But this is my opinion: All this over exposure of the dirt racing divisions is leading them down the same path as nascar. Too much exposure, too many people looking to cash in.

Didnt mean to derail the thread, was just letting dirt crow know that his minority fringe extreme opinion was shared by at least one other (esp because we have disagreed on many opinions in the past, Re: "unpopular racing opinion")
Carry on!

I don’t think the NASCAR correlation is fair or even relevant. NASCAR programming of some sort can be found on regular TV or in a basic cable package seven days a week during the season and a few times a week in the offseason.

Dirt racing PPV is not at all like that. Joe Schmoe isn’t going to log on to DoD or FLO or Speedshift or Speed51 or wherever without already being a fan. There isn’t going to be coverage from WoO or Lucas shows on Sportscenter. Sheppy, Davenport, or Bloomer aren’t going to go be on late night talk shows.

Pennsboro32
05-13-2020, 09:40 AM
Apples to oranges

Barbecueboy
05-13-2020, 10:41 AM
Page for the win on slick magnolia......

Dlmfan123
05-13-2020, 11:53 AM
Dennis erb

Highside Hustler25
05-13-2020, 12:25 PM
As to Dustin's point #2, Rigsby has been throwing around cash out of his own pocket in support of these races (adding to back row challenge, etc).

I've noticed Rigsby's generosity as well. Question is, is it out of his pocket or is it yours and mines last month subscription payments? Fine either way. Just askin for a friend.

Pennsboro32
05-13-2020, 12:37 PM
I've noticed Rigsby's generosity as well. Question is, is it out of his pocket or is it yours and mines last month subscription payments? Fine either way. Just askin for a friend.What does it matter? You gave him your money.

Josh Bayko
05-13-2020, 01:23 PM
I've noticed Rigsby's generosity as well. Question is, is it out of his pocket or is it yours and mines last month subscription payments? Fine either way. Just askin for a friend.

He doesn’t actually own DoD anymore, so....

Dlmfan123
05-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Kyle bronson

play4kps
05-14-2020, 07:42 AM
Rusty Schlenk is the upset!

fastford
05-14-2020, 09:45 AM
gone be a couple TST regulars in the house , GO 35 and 57 , i live in the country with the worst internet available so would some one please do updates , thanks in advance......

One Man Gang
05-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Seen a toter rig in Jackson, Tn this morning headed south on 45 toward Magnolia it wasn’t your typical white in color it was more of a Cream color does anybody know who it was ?

LM1M
05-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Looks like they are going to get some rain this afternoon, may not be slick as usual tonight.

fryefan
05-14-2020, 05:35 PM
Rained out. They plan on running it on Friday.

Hoosier
05-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Is Bloomer at the track or entered?

Highside Hustler25
05-15-2020, 05:42 AM
Is Bloomer at the track or entered?

not as of last night.

bullring
05-15-2020, 09:18 PM
What’s the holdup down there? Rain?

B_K
05-15-2020, 09:20 PM
Rained a bunch. Qualifying now. It’s on the gas for sure.

champion24
05-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Props to all involved for sticking it out tonight! Too many would have given up!

TerryM
05-15-2020, 09:39 PM
That two hour nap I took this afternoon was a good call!

chathamracefan
05-15-2020, 11:03 PM
So how good are Rigsby and Kessinger in the studio. Really good stuff.

Dlmfan123
05-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Jimmy owens wins over Timmy culp and Dennis erb

NeedforLMspeed
05-16-2020, 12:27 AM
How bad did Billy Franklin's wreck look?

FieldFiller
05-16-2020, 12:47 AM
Congrats to Jimmy on picking up the win!

dirt33
05-16-2020, 07:37 AM
Owens was blazing fast. He looked awesome. He was lapping pole sitter Payton Looney (who finished 9th) as the race ended.

Dennis Erb was pretty quick running the bottom, his car was getting a heck of a launch off the corners. He stayed 0.5 - 1 second behind Owens most of the way, until he had trouble getting around two lapped cars near the end. Really hated to then see Dennis lose the 2nd spot due to a raceiever caution call uncertainty.

I know the Mag is famous for its black ice, but last night’s speeds on a hammer down track were entertaining to see. Owens was turning laps quicker than Scott Bloomquist’s 1 lap track record. Sure do appreciate the Mag for sticking out the rain and getting the show in. A nice, quick show with two classes.

The DoD studio show is enjoyable. The rain delay Skype interviews with drivers were an added bonus. Interesting to hear that Moyer was a scratch for asthma-related reasons, and then hear Junior basically shoot that theory down when asked.

Hope Billy Franklin is alright today. Pretty fierce rollover.

TerryM
05-16-2020, 07:50 AM
How bad did Billy Franklin's wreck look?
They only caught the very end of it on live TV. Didn’t see the contact with the other car. Just saw the last part of Franklin flipping. It was definitely a rough one.

ZERO25
05-16-2020, 07:56 AM
He had a pretty good limp afterwards but refused an ambulance ride. He hopped on a 4 wheeler and rode back to the pits.

fastford
05-16-2020, 08:48 AM
been racing with the franklin,s since i started , ole billy is as hard headed as i am , hope he is ok , i will try and call them and get back.........

Ben Shelton
05-16-2020, 12:52 PM
Talked to Billy Franklin about 2 a.m. this morning and he said his ankle was pretty banged up and his thumb got bent back, but was ok other than that. I'm sure he's sore today. That was a nasty ride.

On another note, THANK YOU to everyone who supported our show. It was less than idea conditions with the rain delay and a one-day show getting spread over parts of three days. However, most everyone was really patient and we greatly appreciate that.

Last but not least thanks to my good friend Michael Rigsby for working with me to make the event possible. The event was created from scratch in three and a half days. With no fans allowed, we couldn't have financially held the event without support from Dirt On Dirt and Flo Racing.

Hopefully we are getting closer to having more fans at more tracks.

Thanks everyone.

- Ben

Pennsboro32
05-16-2020, 01:19 PM
Thanks for giving us a race to watch Ben. On a side note, this is going to be Jimmy Owens year IMO.

fryefan
05-16-2020, 01:20 PM
Talked to Billy Franklin about 2 a.m. this morning and he said his ankle was pretty banged up and his thumb got bent back, but was ok other than that. I'm sure he's sore today. That was a nasty ride.

On another note, THANK YOU to everyone who supported our show. It was less than idea conditions with the rain delay and a one-day show getting spread over parts of three days. However, most everyone was really patient and we greatly appreciate that.

Last but not least thanks to my good friend Michael Rigsby for working with me to make the event possible. The event was created from scratch in three and a half days. With no fans allowed, we couldn't have financially held the event without support from Dirt On Dirt and Flo Racing.

Hopefully we are getting closer to having more fans at more tracks.

Thanks everyone.

- Ben

Thanks for waiting out mother nature.

Hoosier
05-16-2020, 03:32 PM

- Ben

Also glad to see Rigsby sharing my dislike of the all too common and over used 4 wide. Let's retire 4 wide ASAP.

Dlmfan123
05-16-2020, 03:38 PM
Also glad to see Rigsby sharing my dislike of the all too common and over used 4 wide. Let's retire 4 wide ASAP.4 wide at big events are cool. The do a 6 wide at the pittsburgher that's pretty sweet. But at regular national tour shows and regional shows I've seen it enough

Pennsboro32
05-16-2020, 03:45 PM
I agree on the 4 wide. It’s used way too often these days, every 3,000 to win special show seems to want to do the 4 wide.

NeedforLMspeed
05-16-2020, 03:56 PM
Best ones are when they do it even though they know rain is on the way

WisWildManFan
05-16-2020, 04:03 PM
I know erb loves the bottom but why can’t he run one lane higher to get around lapped cars?

Rocky
05-17-2020, 01:28 AM
Also glad to see Rigsby sharing my dislike of the all too common and over used 4 wide. Let's retire 4 wide ASAP.

At my local track I think we should do it every week. For about 8-10 laps. The top and bottom would be smoking fast if we did because we can't send pack trucks out there for any reason at any time after roll in, sure we can send the dang water truck out right before the poor hornet guys heat races and not run it in though and the bottom has to be a sippy hole that you'll sink to the top of a cowboy boot and the top has about an 8 inch cushion halfway up the banking. Leaves you about 1.5 lanes to race. Maybe I'm not quite asking for the same thing here.

YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT 'EM FOUR ABREAST! (couldn't resist)