PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal

dirtcrazy4u
05-20-2020, 07:07 AM
Well after 2 yrs of waiting and saying the kid will be running for the championship it looks like it's just not going to happen. A top ten run for him is something special, would have put money on this kid to. I guess that's why they call it a gamble. Don better keep a stack of tear offs on his helmet so he can try to save this ride for Hudson. He loses this one and I don't think you'll see another deal come down the road for him. Let the bashing begin.

Josh Bayko
05-20-2020, 07:11 AM
He needed a ton more seasoning before going touring.

Rajflyboy
05-20-2020, 07:14 AM
He may need a few weeks to get things together. Time off for Corona mess may have had an affect on the youngster.

Pennsboro32
05-20-2020, 07:15 AM
He needed a ton more seasoning before going touring.

Agreed. If I remember correctly, he went from crates straight to the world 100, then the Lucas tour, correct? He needed a year or two running local/regional super stuff IMO.

In The Gas
05-20-2020, 08:22 AM
The problem is not on Hudson it is on MastersBilt to get their chassis lined out. The cars look like the Rayburns have for the past few years. Someone needs to pull the anchor up as the cars have no speed.

riddle28
05-20-2020, 08:30 AM
hudson was solid in the ssi ride. its the car, the beeman ride has never been consistent

Jking24
05-20-2020, 08:36 AM
The problem is not on Hudson it is on MastersBilt to get their chassis lined out. The cars look like the Rayburns have for the past few years. Someone needs to pull the anchor up as the cars have no speed.Agreed the cars have not had speed since the mbh stuff and that was all because of huey not tader. But its not hard to get behind look at Stuckey and pearson. This one doesent fall on Hudson just yet

wfofan
05-20-2020, 09:27 AM
I truly believe the problem is the arrow not the Indian in this case...

i-pod
05-20-2020, 09:30 AM
My dad and I were just talking about this last night while watching the race. It looks to me that he his lacking speed in that Mastersbilt.

dirtcrazy4u
05-20-2020, 10:13 AM
Whatever it is I hope the kid finds it. I always try to pay attention when he is on track.

baker1b
05-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Give it a little bit before you count them out. Tader will find speed and we all know Hudson can drive. They just haven't been on tour in a few years and it's hard getting things going against those guys. They'll find something that's easier to work with no matter where they pull in to give them a baseline starting point. Those guys are smart and have a lot of smart people supporting them. Last night was just like starting the season over again. They've only ran 4-5 races this season anyway. I wouldn't be screaming "a top 10 run for him is something special" just yet.

TerryM
05-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Can we see the list of guys who are winning nationally in a MasterSbilt chassis? TIA

In The Gas
05-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Can we see the list of guys who are winning nationally in a MasterSbilt chassis? TIA

I can show you a boat load of them from the past but none in the last 5 years+. There is a very short window to turn this thing around or Huddy will miss an opportunity that could be detrimental to his career.

TerryM
05-20-2020, 05:28 PM
I can show you a boat load of them from the past but none in the last 5 years+. There is a very short window to turn this thing around or Huddy will miss an opportunity that could be detrimental to his career.
I was being facetious. Believe me, I’m well aware of the previous drivers, including several of my all-time favorites. But this is now. The Masters are playing catch-up and they have to do it quickly. Odds are, with their history of success, they’ll be competitive. But if it doesn’t happen, it won’t be because Hudson suddenly can’t drive or is in over his head.

hardracer32
05-21-2020, 09:53 AM
I hope they do turn it around. Not just for o'neal's sake but for masters as well. I'd love to see them make a rebound and not go the way grt did. I know those cars can still be competitive on a local level but i think they have some catching up to do on the national scene.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-21-2020, 10:20 AM
I think the racing in general would be more interesting if we had more Chasis brands to follow on the National level. Right now- it’s predominantly Rocket then longhorns. It would be cool to see Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond, Bloomquist, Krptonite, Laser, Swartz & the others with more cars out there mixing it up in the series & Crown Jewels. CJ Rayburn use to say” they always come back- but unfortunately in his case- in the end they didn’t. Right now Rocket has the market covered & hats off to Mark Richards & Steve Baker for the company they have built! Personally, I would like to see more diversity. In the past- these things have went in cycles- but the guys in West Virginia have it together as of now. Who knows what might be “the next best thing.”

WildBill32
05-21-2020, 10:45 AM
When was the last time a MasterSbilt racecar won a Lucas Oil race? Just wondering...

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-21-2020, 10:50 AM
When was the last time a MasterSbilt racecar won a Lucas Oil race? Just wondering...

No idea. Gilpin was almost good enough to win the World a few years ago. Probably whatever year one last ran the whole tour.

BTExpress
05-21-2020, 11:20 AM
"I think the racing in general would be more interesting if we had more Chassis brands to follow on the National level. Right now- it’s predominantly Rocket then longhorns. It would be cool to see Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond, Bloomquist, Krptonite, Laser, Swartz & the others with more cars out there mixing it up in the series & Crown Jewels."

My thoughts exactly....and I would throw in Barry Wright and his Icon chassis as well. Nothing against Rocket, I am a big fan, but it seems like they and Longhorn have command of the market nationally. However, there is plenty of room on the regional level for the rest. All those other brands have shown success over the years.

Jking24
05-21-2020, 01:03 PM
On any given night any good chassis can win if the right people are behind it the problem becomes when said good chassis gets wrecked and you need it fixed or a new one just like it. The boutique guys build quality pieces and with the right guy tweaking on them they can all win. But it's hard to keep the big names both regionaly and nationally coming back if you can't provide volume and consistency. Especially in the parts department

foxfire2dirtracing
05-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Jking24

You are exactly right!
In the above post I should have included Barry Wright & Capitol Race Cars as well!

jlacey
05-21-2020, 04:24 PM

Looking at the history on DoD, it looks like Jamie Lathroum was the last Mastersbuilt/MBH to win a Lucas Oil race. Sept 2012 at VMS.

Jking24
05-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Looking at the history on DoD, it looks like Jamie Lathroum was the last Mastersbuilt/MBH to win a Lucas Oil race. Sept 2012 at VMS.And he was the original mbh car. That where it all started and masterbilts were the only thing him and his family ever ran. He now drives a rocket....

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-21-2020, 07:03 PM
Looking at the history on DoD, it looks like Jamie Lathroum was the last Mastersbuilt/MBH to win a Lucas Oil race. Sept 2012 at VMS.

Did Don O'Neal go winless in 2013? Surely not.

jlacey
05-21-2020, 10:39 PM
I couldnt remember the last year Oneal drove 1, there were a couple of guys I wasnt 100% sure on.

NeedforLMspeed
06-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Somewhere someone said he was out of the #71 Masters. He's in it tonight at Cherokee

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Somewhere someone said he was out of the #71 Masters. He's in it tonight at Cherokee

I said he was. Then retracted it. Got bad info.

dalemcfan
06-12-2020, 10:20 PM
Didnt Don Oneal drive the 71 somewhere last weekend? How did he do?

foxfire2dirtracing
06-12-2020, 10:29 PM
Browns town -don’t know about results

keith94elliott
06-13-2020, 04:22 AM
yep finished 3rd in heat 5th or 6th in feature.

hjr2
06-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Isn't every chassis different? Remember Bobby Pierce joining the Lucas Oil series and being no threat because "the car couldn't turn"? Anyone I've seen switch chassis and still be fast is well over the legal drinking age.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2020, 02:42 PM
Isn't every chassis different? Remember Bobby Pierce joining the Lucas Oil series and being no threat because "the car couldn't turn"? Anyone I've seen switch chassis and still be fast is well over the legal drinking age.

Bobby was shackled by team Benson. Age doesn't matter. Know how does. Look at Moran this year. Much improved.