PDA

View Full Version : Lamm Autosports

dirtSLMracing
05-20-2020, 12:34 PM
I have been a fan of the Dunn/Benson team for many years. The last few years they have struggled with several different drivers and a couple different chassis. When will they finally make the change with the guys turning the wrenches? I don't personally know the crew guys but it seems a change is needed.

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2020, 07:41 AM
Careful, Mrs. Dirty Dan is gonna eat you up:)

dirtSLMracing
05-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Highside..

I dont know who that is and Im not trying to disrespect anyone. Basically there are three components to winning dirt races.. great equipment, great driver, great crew. It seems two of the three have been changed the last 3 years. Maybe there was a crew change and I didn't know... I'm only hoping the team starts running better.

Clump O Clay
05-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Best just stop now - she is going to be all over you for even thinking that any problems of that gravy train, I mean team, of her's has anything to do with the common denominator of the crew chief.Now just stop it and move on.

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2020, 12:46 PM
While not being overly informative about D/B. like some on here are, I've been mystified as to how long they would stay with the current crew chief after under performing for such a long time. Their must be a close relationship between owner & C.C. to stay together as long as they have They've tried numerous wheelmen, and good ones at that. It hasn't been the driver. They seem to have top notch equipment. I can only come up with 1 more possibility. I don't think having multiple guys getting seat time is going to help either. If anything, it will hurt them.

dirtSLMracing
05-21-2020, 02:08 PM
Highside

That is exactly what I was saying. Last few drivers are very good/great.. brand new Rocket with Pro Power.. definitely great equipment. Sounds like you are like me in assuming the same crew is turning the wrenches. Now they have a 4th driver in 4 years in Ross Bailes who has won several Super races the last couple of years but they are not off to a good start.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-21-2020, 02:23 PM
While not being overly informative about D/B. like some on here are, I've been mystified as to how long they would stay with the current crew chief after under performing for such a long time. Their must be a close relationship between owner & C.C. to stay together as long as they have They've tried numerous wheelmen, and good ones at that. It hasn't been the driver. They seem to have top notch equipment. I can only come up with 1 more possibility. I don't think having multiple guys getting seat time is going to help either. If anything, it will hurt them.

I was more mystified when they hired a driver and crew chief as a package and publicly castrated him the second weekend when they got off to a slow start. Of course, the old timer got lucky one night at EB when his unmaneuverable setup got bailed out by a bottom lane coming in late.

ZERO25
05-21-2020, 11:44 PM
I was more mystified when they hired a driver and crew chief as a package and publicly castrated him the second weekend when they got off to a slow start. Of course, the old timer got lucky one night at EB when his unmaneuverable setup got bailed out by a bottom lane coming in late.

And 1 old timer got tired of begging for new parts and pieces and...…..walked!!!