PDA

View Full Version : What Would Happen

racincowboy02
06-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Lets talk a little bit about a hypothetical deal here. What would happen if we took the top 20 late model drivers in the world and put them in a big block modified and let them race those for a year and then took those same drivers and put them in a regular modified and let them race that for a year. Now lets take the big block modified guys and put them in a late model and take the regular modified guys and put them in a big block. What kind of difference is there between the cars and what would the drivers have to learn

NeedforLMspeed
06-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Lets talk a little bit about a hypothetical deal here. What would happen if we took the top 20 late model drivers in the world and put them in a big block modified and let them race those for a year and then took those same drivers and put them in a regular modified and let them race that for a year. Now lets take the big block modified guys and put them in a late model and take the regular modified guys and put them in a big block. What kind of difference is there between the cars and what would the drivers have to learn
Wouldn't work because no one would be able to agree on a top 20

weatherman85
06-04-2020, 10:15 PM
^^^ He’s right. Instead, just take both top 10 in points last year from Lucas/WoO and run with it. Have at least a portion of the best.

racincowboy02
06-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Yea ok I like it so lets take the top 10 from both woo and lucas and run it that way and what would happen then

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Yea ok I like it so lets take the top 10 from both woo and lucas and run it that way and what would happen thenWould you be the promoter there rcb02?

wreck
06-04-2020, 11:01 PM
T-Mac would probably tear em up in the Big Blocks. Owens would be the best bet in the UMP/IMCA mods. It would be interesting to see who adapts to the different cars best. LMs and IMCA style mods are set up very similar.

NeedforLMspeed
06-04-2020, 11:04 PM
I'm guessing TMac, Stormy Scott and Owens would be near the top.

racincowboy02
06-04-2020, 11:08 PM
Ok sure I would take on the role as promoter

dirtcrazy4u
06-05-2020, 04:20 AM
Big block NE mods ? T-mac I'm a mods ? Ricky Thornton or Kyle Strickler

The set ups from a slm to a big block mod are total opposite, then to a I'm a mod. The only thing consistent would be the 4 link rear.

Spell check imca not I'm a mods. Geesh

dirtcrazy4u
06-05-2020, 04:21 AM
You brought this up. Made me think of Scott Bloomquist trying his hand in a truck at eldora. What a disaster that turned out to be.

kazual
06-05-2020, 07:11 AM
Eldora wasn’t the big fella’s best showing but I’ve always given him credit for at least trying something different. But when he built a mod some years back for a few big money races he was pretty strong.

Chadly329
06-05-2020, 08:07 AM
IF and I mean IF you could agree on a Top 20, Jimmy Owens, RTJ, Kyle Strickler and Stormy Scott would own the UMP/IMCA Modifieds you couldn't stop 'em.

Josh Bayko
06-05-2020, 08:15 AM
Strickler started off in a northeast mod back in the day.