PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer. Struggling.

dirt crow
06-05-2020, 09:17 AM
I’m not a fan of his at all, but hope this thread stays on topic. Save the hate for another time. ...Will the old bloomer be back? Or has the injuries done more damage to his driving ability than he’s letting on. You know Madden and his car is pretty much the same. Madden up front, bloomer in the back or out of the feature. What ya think?

Josh Bayko
06-05-2020, 09:23 AM
You straight up can’t beat father time and the motorcycle crash has accelerated that curve.

NeedforLMspeed
06-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Car bottomed out in hotlaps and knocked the belt off causing it to overheat.

Kromulous
06-05-2020, 09:28 AM
He was 6 tenths off in Qualifying, the track fall off that much? (duration)

Not even in the picture in the heat race, still having motor issues? or is he down on power all together?

He says he is feeling good now, but it sure don't show it in his performances lately.

The age and injury argument is valid, but i still dont buy it, something is up...

Pennsboro32
06-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Father time will always be undefeated.

Rajflyboy
06-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Bloomer will be fine. He is one hell of a great chassis builder and his brand is long and strong. His marketing skills are just as good as his car building/driving skills.

WisWildManFan
06-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Car looked terrible in qualifying was pushing bad. Saturday will be the real judge of if he is really in trouble.

50Dixon50
06-05-2020, 10:41 AM
Bloomquist is one of the best but when you have a hip replacement and his age imagine riding in that car and driving it after his hip replacement it's got to be very difficult that is why he is running at the front

Tireguy17
06-05-2020, 10:44 AM
All teams go thru slumps.....except the Blue 1. That's what makes them the best team in the sport. Even before the motorcycle accident in Florida, he was struggling with consistency until Madden came on board and caught fire. I've always been a Bloomer fan and am just enjoying watching him compete while he still is behind the wheel. Any good finish or win is just a bonus.

maypop racing engines
06-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Agree father time is a factor but i feel he can still wheel a car and set it up im wanting to see a engine change for him and madden.......Custom isnt gonna get it done at that level

luke81
06-05-2020, 10:59 AM
After an injury like that your body can "feel ok" but it may not respond properly for a while. He may just need more time to properly heal.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Maypop Racing Engines

Just curious- why do you feel that Custom Engines can’t get the job done?
Thanks in advance.

Kromulous
06-05-2020, 12:20 PM
One thing i will agree with, is the #1 car is consistent, car is always fast and free.

Madden, Babb or Weiss hasn't looked real good IMHO, Madden ran pretty well, but was not a contender. Car looks off, tight-ish on entry or lazy to rotate. Maybe its a chassis thing, just doesn't look right.

Bloomquist, only seen him run a couple this year on the telecasts, but he is off big time, put it in the wall one WoO race, pretty much on his own. Always dead tight.

Custom builds a solid piece IMHO, he has the HP, at least it appears too, maybe the power band is off or something.

Kromulous
06-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Here is an outside thought, Cody Mallory (Sp?) left Bloomer and went to Owens, Owens is now running well, any coincidence there?

TS FAN
06-05-2020, 12:52 PM
I will say once again with complete confidence that Bloomer will never be the man to beat again. He should be able at some point to run better than he has, but his time at the top is over. Not a fan, never have been but his record in LM racing is second to none. But at his age, wear and tare on his body is just not going to allow that to happen even if he gets his car to return to what it was late last year when Madden was ruling the roost.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Here is an outside thought, Cody Mallory (Sp?) left Bloomer and went to Owens, Owens is now running well, any coincidence there?

Randy Sweet died. Bloomer is slow. Coincidence?

foxfire2dirtracing
06-05-2020, 12:55 PM
I think Cody has helped Jimmy tremendously! He is a wealth of knowledge and a hard worker- but carries some bad baggage. He didn’t leave Scott by choice- that was Cody Sumners doing. Hopefully Cody M. Has learned a few lessons and will do better as a person?

JMDraceHD98
06-05-2020, 01:01 PM
He's just testing...right plunks7?

castone
06-05-2020, 01:15 PM
I am a Bloomer fan, and I also believe ( whats already been said) Father time is really working on him, and he will never be what he once was, as far as Dirt Tracking Racing goes !

donavon
06-05-2020, 01:28 PM
Are they using the droop rule at Eldora? I have not seen Bloomer run too well when the droop rule is in effect.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Yes they are using the droop rule.

Rajflyboy
06-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Could someone explain the droop rule to me? Thanks.

WisWildManFan
06-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Tell bloomer to put fuel in for 100 laps Saturday so he can make weight for the 67 lapper

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-05-2020, 04:42 PM
Tell bloomer to put fuel in for 100 laps Saturday so he can make weight for the 67 lapper

Post of the week right there lmao

Rajflyboy
06-05-2020, 05:10 PM
https://racingnews.co/2020/01/07/droop-rule-announced-for-the-world-of-outlaws-late-model-series/

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Tell bloomer to put fuel in for 100 laps Saturday so he can make weight for the 67 lapperYou have to make the show first!

Jim11h
06-05-2020, 06:13 PM
Jack left rear up, slide piece of aluminum barely under tire, then measure frame to axle. Can't be over so much. Some measure top of spoiler or deck to ground with maximum inches allowed

nc mudcat
06-05-2020, 06:48 PM
Bloomquist 1 second slower than the fast qualifier.

Rajflyboy
06-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Jack left rear up, slide piece of aluminum barely under tire, then measure frame to axle. Can't be over so much. Some measure top of spoiler or deck to ground with maximum inches allowedThanks for the info 👍

TheJet-09
06-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Maybe the "boos" from the crowd are what gets him going, so without fans, he doesn't know where he stands?

Rajflyboy
06-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Maybe the "boos" from the crowd are what gets him going, so without fans, he doesn't know where he stands?He is much like Earnhardt (a marketing genius)

TheJet-09
06-05-2020, 08:15 PM
Many moons ago, Bloomer was at an open show at my local track. The promoter's youngest son was winning a lot at the time, and as often is the case, garnered much negativity from the crowd because of who he was. So when they announced the kids name during driver intros, the crowd booed. Reportedly, Bloomquist leaned over to him and said something like, "I can teach you how to turn those boos into dollars."

I remember seeing "Anyone but Bloomquist" shirts, or something along those lines at Eldora once, and wondered if he wasn't actually behind the sale of them.

lw82
06-05-2020, 08:20 PM
Kromulous and foxfire2dirtraacing right on the money.Mallory gone from Zero to Jimmy results speak for them Self Scott not the same a factor but needs someone who can run the deal Cody had few things going on but making Zero go fast and working with Scott high pressure situation Mallory did for long time with many wins and top 3 lucas point finishes plus a championship Of those wins many crown jewels

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-05-2020, 08:23 PM
Kromulous and foxfire2dirtraacing right on the money.Mallory gone from Zero to Jimmy results speak for them Self Scott not the same a factor but needs someone who can run the deal Cody had few things going on but making Zero go fast and working with Scott high pressure situation Mallory did for long time with many wins and top 3 lucas point finishes plus a championship Of those wins many crown jewels

My head hurts trying to read this....

No_Weak_Links
06-05-2020, 09:21 PM
The Bloomquist cars have been off all year, ever since they went to the droop rule. They've picked up a couple wins here and there, but there's no question they've been struggling. As soon as they figure out what changed they'll be back up front. Also, tonight Scott got a terrible draw. The track really slowed down for those last 10 cars or so.

And to the people saying the difference is Cody, that's laughable. I'm not saying he's not good or anything like that, but I promise you Cody was not doing something to the cars that Madden or Scott didn't tell him to do.

Highside Hustler25
06-05-2020, 10:21 PM
And to the people saying the difference is Cody, that's laughable. I'm not saying he's not good or anything like that, but I promise you Cody was not doing something to the cars that Madden or Scott didn't tell him to do.

This...............................

racedad11
06-05-2020, 11:50 PM
No Week Links, Bobby Pierce and someone else, the name escapes me right now, were the last two cars on the race track to qualify Thursday night and timed in 5th and I think 7th respectively. the race track hadn`t slowed down. I don`t think it slowed down much all night.

maypop racing engines
06-06-2020, 08:02 AM
foxfire........i know madden had the custom last year when he won them races. both them cars just dont look like they got any speed maybe its not the issue jmo.....Custom in my opinion fell off the map as far as being a 'touring engine builder' i just think there gonna be reliable old school engine just not gonna make the power like clements durham vic hill guys that change engine combos all the time to see what makes the most power

Rajflyboy
06-06-2020, 09:09 AM
I always thought Bloomer runs more of a (level in appearance) chassis set up. I have not seen him run in person in a few years though.

dirt crow
06-06-2020, 09:33 AM
My head hurts trying to read this....

Lol!!! No kidding. Punctuation definitely needed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-06-2020, 09:35 AM
foxfire........i know madden had the custom last year when he won them races. both them cars just dont look like they got any speed maybe its not the issue jmo.....Custom in my opinion fell off the map as far as being a 'touring engine builder' i just think there gonna be reliable old school engine just not gonna make the power like clements durham vic hill guys that change engine combos all the time to see what makes the most power
It isn't all about power. I've seen old SB2 engines beat out Lucas guys in qualifying this very season.

Josh Bayko
06-06-2020, 10:13 AM
I always thought Bloomer runs more of a (level in appearance) chassis set up. I have not seen him run in person in a few years though.

In the last couple years, he’s become more aware of the benefits of having the spiller way up in the air, so much so that droop rules have thrown them for a loop.

maypop racing engines
06-06-2020, 12:03 PM
i agree mastersbilt...........but kinda like mastersbilt they fell off the map for few years rejoined lucas this year and are out to lunch. years of zero feedback from big teams on what works and what dont,i think thats customs issue also

Rajflyboy
06-06-2020, 01:45 PM
That makes sense then. Thanks.

plunks7
06-06-2020, 01:50 PM
He's just testing...right plunks7?

I am a huge fan of bloomer. But it sure shows how much he is dropping off. Not sure what to think, testing is getting old. I guess I have it coming after all the years of cheering for him.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-06-2020, 02:56 PM
I am a huge fan of bloomer. But it sure shows how much he is dropping off. Not sure what to think, testing is getting old. I guess I have it coming after all the years of cheering for him.

I have been a fan of Bloomquist since 1993 (Tennessee Dirt Track Championship), and have seen him run from Eldora, to Dixie Speedway and most tracks in between. For the last 25-30 years, he's been the dominate car in nearly every series he's ran, and has accumulated more major wins at Eldora than anyone, by far. (8 Dreams 4 Worlds) Even in his 'down' years, I have always used Eldora as the benchmark, because no matter what kind of season he's been having, (even the 2018 Dream....drug test, fall, shoulder?) he has always risen to the top there.
So this week's performance in conjunction with the last 2 years has made me think that his time of being a guy to beat week in and week out are forever over. Yeah, he'll win more, maybe even some big shows, or get on some streaks, but if he wins even 20 more races in his career I'll be shocked, (and happy to be wrong)

BirkyTime15B
06-06-2020, 02:57 PM
He seems to be just "tinkering" with things. Gotta figure he'll be good win it counts.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-06-2020, 03:07 PM
He seems to be just "tinkering" with things. Gotta figure he'll be good win it counts.

In the past i would 100 percent agree, but with the way they do these "every lap counts" weekends, the first 2 nights are too important to risk not getting into the show on Saturday.

RapidRuss
06-06-2020, 03:09 PM
Just a guess, but I thought he mentioned building a new jig at his shop after Randy Sweet passed. I'm guessing he is running a car off the new jig while the others have the old style frame.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-06-2020, 03:24 PM
That makes sense, but still, you'd think they wouldnt be THAT far off. From the results, he's not even been in the ballpark. Unless he's willing to give up the chance at 60k, to get it right for rest of the season.

zyoung25
06-06-2020, 04:05 PM
I think tonight will tell a lot. Scott is always best when there is money on the line, this will be the highest paying race we have had all year. If he don't make the show, or runs in the back if he makes it in, I think it's time for the 0 fans to worry.

BloomerHarvickFan
06-06-2020, 04:08 PM
I think tonight will tell a lot. Scott is always best when there is money on the line, this will be the highest paying race we have had all year. If he don't make the show, or runs in the back if he makes it in, I think it's time for the 0 fans to worry.

Yep it will. Like I said Eldora is my benchmark, since he's so good there.
Starting 10th in his heat..has his work cut out for him.
If he manages to win, I'll be gladly wrong and very happy

TS FAN
06-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan. I am not a fan at all. However, the big E is where Bloomer dominates. He has never been this far off for more than a night in big race weekends. There is no way he is going to rebound this time. He may make the show, but even that is doubtful IMO

BloomerHarvickFan
06-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan. I am not a fan at all. However, the big E is where Bloomer dominates. He has never been this far off for more than a night in big race weekends. There is no way he is going to rebound this time. He may make the show, but even that is doubtful IMO

Like I said, I'd love to be wrong, but I think you're right. digging such a hole will be nearly impossible.

grt74
06-06-2020, 05:26 PM

as long as he makes it in, he will be a threat to win, alot of big e races that where won from the rear of the field,
not sure he can win it or not but without a doubt it can be done from the rear

RapidRuss
06-06-2020, 05:34 PM
He was way off at the '16 Dream. Didnt come close to making the feature, then had tiregate on top of that.

golddirt
06-06-2020, 05:47 PM
He will get in

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-06-2020, 07:22 PM
He will get in

Wanna bet?

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-06-2020, 07:41 PM
He will get in

This aged well...

dirtcrazy4u
06-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Last in his B-main. Weiss is fast, Madden is fast. How the mighty have tumbled. I mean he's not even competitive.

50Dixon50
06-06-2020, 07:57 PM
not a big fan respect his great record though
I kinda feel for the guy a shame to see this and I know it's not the car they certainly built great cars

hjr2
06-06-2020, 09:15 PM
I only started following DLM racing in the US ten years ago, but I'm glad I got to see Bloomquist at the end of his dominance. He had a long run. I'll always respect a man who builds and owns his own gear and wins. Those guys are less and less in all forms of racing.

TS FAN
06-07-2020, 03:34 PM
I would be interested to hear Bloomers take on all of this. It was like he wasn't even there this weekend. Having car issues is one thing, but I don't think he could claim that. From what I have seen of him for the last 30 yrs. This is a head scratcher. I have never known him to enter events with this type of performance three straight races. Plus being at one of his best tracks. If he makes any comments on this, hope someone on here will let us know.

50Dixon50
06-07-2020, 04:01 PM
I would be interested to hear Bloomers take on all of this. It was like he wasn't even there this weekend. Having car issues is one thing, but I don't think he could claim that. From what I have seen of him for the last 30 yrs. This is a head scratcher. I have never known him to enter events with this type of performance three straight races. Plus being at one of his best tracks. If he makes any comments on this, hope someone on here will let us know.

You are Exactly correct TS FAN

MontanaMagic1619*
06-07-2020, 04:22 PM
I personally don't think he's 100% back from his leg injury yet, a few weeks back at Jackson I noticed he still had quite a limp to him and being 71 myself I know all about that from all the wear and tear on a man's legs over the years, and God knows all the races he's competed in. But every time people think he's over the hill, he comes back strong as hell so I've learned over the years to never count Scott out. He'll be back, if not, he's got quite the empire to fall back on with his cars

RapidRuss
06-07-2020, 04:42 PM
I'm betting he is working on the development of the new chassis. All the others are still running the tried and true and he is running one of the new jig in Mooresburg. After Vado then Florida just after hip replacement, his points season was pretty much over anyway so why not r&d the rest of the year and try to have a better mousetrap starting 2021?

useddirt
06-07-2020, 05:39 PM
They say behind every great man there stands a great woman. With that being said, I think this started last year when things started going sour with Katrina. You can say what you want but she help hold this family in some peoples eyes together. So I believe father time then Randy Sweet then DIVORCE and finally the accident have all taken away the edge he once had. Its over, his time has come and gone. The GOAT is out to pasture !

BloomerWon
06-07-2020, 06:07 PM
They say behind every great man there stands a great woman. With that being said, I think this started last year when things started going sour with Katrina. You can say what you want but she help hold this family in some peoples eyes together. So I believe father time then Randy Sweet then DIVORCE and finally the accident have all taken away the edge he once had. Its over, his time has come and gone. The GOAT is out to pasture !
I'm just gonna save this post for later...

dirtcrazy4u
06-07-2020, 08:23 PM
Rapidruss, you just keep thinking that.

JabberJaws83
06-08-2020, 04:58 AM
I personally don't think he's 100% back from his leg injury yet, a few weeks back at Jackson I noticed he still had quite a limp to him and being 71 myself I know all about that from all the wear and tear on a man's legs over the years, and God knows all the races he's competed in. But every time people think he's over the hill, he comes back strong as hell so I've learned over the years to never count Scott out. He'll be back, if not, he's got quite the empire to fall back on with his cars

If he doesn’t take a break, he’s never gonna heal

Kromulous
06-08-2020, 08:02 AM
I dont know how anyone can say any of the Team Zero cars were "Fast" Madden didnt get to race in the big show so we will never know. But 9th and 10th in the A main is not fast.

Bloomquist looks lost, i cant tell if he is down on power or what. Car was bottoming out bad Saturday during qualifying.

Interesting to hear Davenport comment on the Droop rule, i think this is having some big impact on Bloomquist as well.

Jking24
06-08-2020, 08:30 AM
it's not just the droop rule. He's alot further of the pace than that and McDowell,wies and babb are doing just fine with it. I think it's his injuries and personal life witch i make no claim to know anything about but if you're head isn't in the right place and you're body isn't right either its near impossible to be competitive at that level. But he will get it turned around

MontanaMagic1619*
06-08-2020, 08:39 AM
If he doesn’t take a break, he’s never gonna heal

Well friend, I would like to see you say that to him 'cause then it would be a question of how many swear words could be said in one sentence by him. Scott from all I know about him over 40 years is a stubborn, bullheaded, wild son of a sh*tkicker. Every thing he does is scrutinized not only on 4m but throughout the racing world. He's 56 years old, and of course our bodies don't heal near as fast as they once did, and I should know, I had to give up kayaking 'cause of my recent surgery and that about killed me to give that up, I could see Scott not wanting to give up racing to take a break, its something he might have to live with the rest of his life.

I made the observation about his recent surgery when I saw him walking up to pick a redraw number at Jackson and then it was really noticeable ( his distinctive limp ) afterwards as he was walking away. Those of you on 4m I believe should know better than to give up on him, I personally think he has one more good run in him, and that will make all DLM fans happy once again whether you like him or not, he's still the GOAT !

foxfire2dirtracing
06-08-2020, 10:17 AM
Kroumulous

4 of top 7 in Saturday’s feature were bloomer Chasis.
You said he was bottoming out bad Saturday in qualifying- there was NO qualifying on Saturday- just hot laps and straight to the 4 heat races.

Josh Bayko
06-08-2020, 10:18 AM
At his age, he’s never going to heal completely. He’s gotta get used to his new new normal.

Kromulous
06-08-2020, 11:47 AM
I may of got that turned around then, Friday nights qualifying, and a non factor in the hear races... I was tuning in and out all 4 nights. What i seen was a 16.8 i think and qualified 44th or something, it was horrible.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Yes he was terrible all 3 days- he was a lost ball in high weeds!

Rajflyboy
06-08-2020, 01:08 PM
I didn’t know he also had the issues going on at home. That would be a tough recipe for any of us to cook all in the same meal.

Teamzerochance
06-08-2020, 03:10 PM
New to the forum but deep in the sport here. I think Scotts injury forced him to miss keeping up with the times. The time off last year dis major damage at keepi g up with the speed. He was more focused on avoiding the rough spots and getting the car across the bumps smoothly because of the pain. He will never dominate again but we all have to agree the man will find a way to win a few more. Time for the retirement party really. Cody calls the shots now and Scott has to follow the mans directions from a business point of view. Scott has to find a way to sell hundreds of cars soon to support himself and family. Thats my opinion

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Excuses excuses excuses

TS FAN
06-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Pretty good first post Team Zero.

Rajflyboy
06-08-2020, 05:51 PM
New to the forum but deep in the sport here. I think Scotts injury forced him to miss keeping up with the times. The time off last year dis major damage at keepi g up with the speed. He was more focused on avoiding the rough spots and getting the car across the bumps smoothly because of the pain. He will never dominate again but we all have to agree the man will find a way to win a few more. Time for the retirement party really. Cody calls the shots now and Scott has to follow the mans directions from a business point of view. Scott has to find a way to sell hundreds of cars soon to support himself and family. Thats my opinionI though he says he has everything paid off (I guess pending the divorce situation)

Krooser
06-08-2020, 06:33 PM
I'm struggling...

TS FAN
06-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Well, Bloomer was finally interviewed about his Eldora Performance. Kind of interesting, although you do not come away with the feeling that he is going to be able to fix his car problems any time soon.
Did seem to deny any Physical problems as an excuse.

BloomerWon
06-10-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm struggling...

https://www.target.com/p/ex-lax-regular-strength-stimulant-laxative-chocolated-pc-48ct/-/A-21500058?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Health%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Health&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9021529&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxLXdlfP36QIViLzACh0SPwQEEAQYBiAB EgLQg_D_BwE#

Kromulous
06-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Interesting read, on DoD, as TS FAN pointed out. The surging on the straightaways, his Custom RY45s are usually brutes and you can see it on the track, i had thought he may of been down on power.

As for all the other Issues, i am sure he can fix them, but as a whole the Team Zero cars seem to be behind. Droop rule, or whatever something is a miss.

I know people say they had x number of cars in the top whatever, but i can tell you this, to a guy like Bloomquist only winning matters, and until then they are off the pace.

bloomer0
06-10-2020, 02:42 PM
What did the DoD interview have to say?

Kromulous
06-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Basically that they thru a water pump belt via bottoming out, been there done that, and by the time they get that fixed they we're behind on working on the chassis handling. Then switched Motors and had a surging issue, fuel or igntion who knows. He also commented that he thought something was bent or out of whack on the car, and was headed home to tear it down and find the problems.

He also said he had no concerns, wasnt worried about it, that it was just racing.

bloomer0
06-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Thanks Kromulous

NeedforLMspeed
06-10-2020, 03:42 PM
Lot of stuff going on the past 8 months. Once stuff gets sorted out. I'm going to say 2021 could be a big year...

Driver50x
06-11-2020, 02:39 PM
I’d love to see at least a bit of a comeback. He’s done it so many times before.

Rajflyboy
06-20-2020, 06:31 AM
I guess Scott is getting it going. Won a heat last night and finished 5th in the feature. Scott is back 😁😜

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-20-2020, 09:06 AM
Madden is driving his new car and bloomer is drivn maddens old car to see how its like to run up front and madden is dialing in bloomers car.

Rajflyboy
06-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Madden is driving his new car and bloomer is drivn maddens old car to see how its like to run up front and madden is dialing in bloomers car.Good to know. Thank you. Scott is smart enough to shake things up a bit to try to improve 👍

Wells Racing Photos
06-20-2020, 09:14 AM
It was really refreshing to see Scott running up front again last night. The sport is much better off when that happens.

hjr2
06-20-2020, 11:34 AM
Scott is awful at restarts now for some reason. Almost every time he gets a good jump then slows right down in one and two and gets passed. It looks like the car will not turn.