PDA

View Full Version : Mike marlar

50Dixon50
06-10-2020, 03:22 PM
What's up with mike marlar selling a lot of his Equipment any one KNOW

foxfire2dirtracing
06-10-2020, 03:55 PM
Is it mike’s personal equipment or Ronnie Delk’s equipment who had been Marlar’s car owner???

Hoosier_Dirt
06-10-2020, 04:19 PM
The article yesterday made it sound like he was ready to get back to racing. Maybe Ronnie Delk is selling out, and Marlar is gonna run regional? Idk honestly,kinda confusing.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-10-2020, 04:24 PM
I am not sure what/if any equipment Marlar has-just don’t know. Will be interesting to see what develops.

NeedforLMspeed
06-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Seems like that pairing has been slightly confusing for awhile at times.

Pennsboro32
06-10-2020, 05:17 PM
Seems like that pairing has been slightly confusing for awhile at times.

I have always felt like Mikey could be a top 3 driver in our sport if everything would line up for him correctly. Owner changes, car changes, etc have limited his ability to some degree. Over the course of his career, if he would have stayed in a consistent top notch ride with great backing, I think he could have been an all time great. Not too many drivers with the talent that he has, not everything has lined up for him though IMO.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-10-2020, 05:25 PM
Pennsboro32

Mikey has had top notch- best of the best equipment in the Ronnie Delk owned car. He did win the WOOutlaws championship a couple years ago. I think the problem is Delk wants to win all the time- if they hit a little slump or bad luck- he changes everything up/ from Chasis to engine builders. To me that’s a recipe for disaster! Mike is a top notch wheel man- but he’s not having fun anymore!

Pennsboro32
06-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Fox, that’s what I’m meaning. Delk has top notch equipment but for whatever reason it seems like their could be issues there. Consistent ride is the key term here.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-10-2020, 05:57 PM
You are right Pennsboro-Don’t know a lot about Delk other than he had money & spends it as “he” wants! He isn’t committed to anything or anyone. Kinda makes you wonder? He and Mike have been close friends for years. Both are successful business owners. Don’t know if their situation has went sour or what-I hope not- especially their friendship. Racing they can give up together- but valued friendships are hard to come by for the society we now live in. Mark could be getting burned out- he said last year that the racing he fell in love with is not what the racing is now??

Rocket0108
06-10-2020, 08:17 PM
Heard mike is done racing

Dlmfan123
06-10-2020, 09:40 PM
http://www.ihoneida.com/2020/06/08/mike-marlar-nothing-else-im-ever-gonna-love-this-much/ This was posted to his Twitter the other day

grt74
06-10-2020, 09:47 PM
done I'm going to say no, making changes, i don't doubt this at all

NeedforLMspeed
06-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Maybe it's not the racing he loves because it used to only involve a couple people and a few nights a week. Now it's 4-5+ people and 6 day a week job to stay even stay relevant.

ZERO25
06-10-2020, 10:04 PM
I am not sure what/if any equipment Marlar has-just don’t know. Will be interesting to see what develops

His wife just put up his 2020 Longhorn for sale!

One Man Gang
06-10-2020, 10:52 PM
D@mmit I ain’t liking the sound of this

dirtcrazy4u
06-11-2020, 04:45 AM
Really, nowhere did he say I'm hanging it up. Not a word about del selling out. So the longhorn is out there for sale. Is it a 2nd car, did it get clipped, one of his last statements was I can't wait to get back out there with fans in the stands.

Jking24
06-11-2020, 05:34 AM
I'm starting to put marlar in a similar category as madden doesent matter where he goes or who he hooks up with he's alway looking for that Cinderella story and that's just not reality. I also tend to think that Delk is a little more of a scapegoat in this Situation that allows marlar to change whatever he wants whenever he gets bored and wash his hands of the situation when it's questioned. I don't personally know delk but i have met him and talked to him for some time at Charlotte a few years ago. He seemed alot more like a hardcore supporter than a i do what i want when i want type of guy. Basically you tell me what you want and I'll go get it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-11-2020, 08:52 AM
I'm starting to put marlar in a similar category as madden doesent matter where he goes or who he hooks up with he's alway looking for that Cinderella story and that's just not reality. I also tend to think that Delk is a little more of a scapegoat in this Situation that allows marlar to change whatever he wants whenever he gets bored and wash his hands of the situation when it's questioned. I don't personally know delk but i have met him and talked to him for some time at Charlotte a few years ago. He seemed alot more like a hardcore supporter than a i do what i want when i want type of guy. Basically you tell me what you want and I'll go get it.

I've seen Mikey seem dumbfounded at times with the car changes. He isn't telling Delk what to do. Mikey is one of the best out there and has been greatly helped and hindered by Delk. The dude is no primadonna. It isn't that long ago he was driving heaps for CJ Rayburn with ridiculous engines under the hood, winning against good regional teams.

Jking24
06-11-2020, 09:14 AM
I've seen Mikey seem dumbfounded at times with the car changes. He isn't telling Delk what to do. Mikey is one of the best out there and has been greatly helped and hindered by Delk. The dude is no primadonna. It isn't that long ago he was driving heaps for CJ Rayburn with ridiculous engines under the hood, winning against good regional teams.Im not trying to paint Mike as a premadonna. And he is by far one of if not even the best current driver out their. But he said it himself in the interview after his last woo win that he was bored and wanted to do everything different. Hence the vic hill powered longhorn without integras. Witch was from what i understand the main reason him and rumley split because of his loyalty to integra. Well he shot all that right down the drain a year later. I like mike alot but the Mikeys getting bored interviews are getting a little old. My point was more its not mike or delk they are two peas in a pod. Nobody including them knows what their gonna do or when. My reference to madden was because it doesn't mater what kind of ride or support maden has nothing is ever good enough

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Im not trying to paint Mike as a premadonna. And he is by far one of if not even the best current driver out their. But he said it himself in the interview after his last woo win that he was bored and wanted to do everything different. Hence the vic hill powered longhorn without integras. Witch was from what i understand the main reason him and rumley split because of his loyalty to integra. Well he shot all that right down the drain a year later. I like mike alot but the Mikeys getting bored interviews are getting a little old. My point was more its not mike or delk they are two peas in a pod. Nobody including them knows what their gonna do or when. My reference to madden was because it doesn't mater what kind of ride or support maden has nothing is ever good enough

That was the first time he ever made a statement like that. It's the first time he directed the change.

The Rumley split had nothing to do with shocks. That was simply the official statement for the press.

crownman25
06-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Mike falls into deal like jd and bloomer madden clanton they work research get a edge win alot but eventually everyone catches up and figures things out rj flash add to that list he dominated a few years back now you dent even see him at the track much...years back you could hold that edge longer but not now....

crownman25
06-11-2020, 09:57 AM
Mike said he had a edge that year he won woo with xr1 but look how many xr1 there is.bloomer use to be the best with guarding his info and chassis he keept it covered up and would also beat you with his mind!!!!!!

NeedforLMspeed
06-11-2020, 10:02 AM
Putting Clanton in the same sentence with JD, Bloomer and Madden really isn't a good idea. Just sayin'.

Jking24
06-11-2020, 10:06 AM
That was the first time he ever made a statement like that. It's the first time he directed the change. The Rumley split had nothing to do with shocks. That was simply the official statement for the press.It's definitely not he may have not said the exact phrase "bored " multiple times but he has definitely stated that. He just needed a change or they have been doing the same thing for awhile. Or that they wanted to do different things a bunch. The last two years their racing their not he's done he's not. And most of the time he says somthing along the lines of he needed a change when he gets going good again. But hey I'm not trying to start a big debate this is just how it's been perceived by me. I used to be a huge fan of his and said he was one of the most underrated drivers. I still think he's a great driver. Their was i time not to long ago he said if he had his choice he would pick capital racecars everytime their like family. Why didn't he get a capital if this was his choice?

crownman25
06-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Little melon head has had his years i remember he won about everything at screven and volusia he was pretty tuff down south with dobbins

B_K
06-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Putting Clanton in the same sentence with JD, Bloomer and Madden really isn't a good idea. Just sayin'.

His resume is better than one of those you reference, but please keep being completely lost. You’ve been good at it under a few different names now.

crownman25
06-11-2020, 11:18 AM
I watched bloomquist at a practice session at crossville tn take his rr single leaf off and grind it with a grinder and mic the thickness of it.thats how you gain advantages and get a edge....you fine tune work work...

Kromulous
06-11-2020, 11:30 AM
There may be a lot more going on in the back ground than anyone will ever know. Regarding the last few seasons of quitting, then racing, and chassis changes.

As for Capital he should run one, if he likes what the have to offer.

Personally i would like to see him in a Zero car, i think his style would do well and may help Bloomquist become more dominate.

Pennsboro32
06-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Clanton's resume is better than Madden's.

Jking24
06-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Clanton's resume is better than Madden's.Funny how fast people forget about 5 years ago

NeedforLMspeed
06-11-2020, 11:53 AM
What's your beef with me B.K? I don't have any issue with you. I'm completely lost for stating my own opinion? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't say.

B_K
06-11-2020, 12:38 PM
What's your beef with me B.K? I don't have any issue with you. I'm completely lost for stating my own opinion? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't say.

Basically I don’t like dumb people. That’s pretty much it. I admire your consistency from handle to handle. Very commendable on your part.

NeedforLMspeed
06-11-2020, 12:46 PM
I'm dumb because I don't think Clanton should be in the same sentence with Madden or you don't like people who don't agree with you. That's the problem here. Like it was said in another thread. People post thier opinion but anymore they are considered whiners and cry babies.

And I've only have ever had 2 usernames. So...

B_K
06-11-2020, 01:03 PM
I'm dumb because I don't think Clanton should be in the same sentence with Madden or you don't like people who don't agree with you. That's the problem here. Like it was said in another thread. People post thier opinion but anymore they are considered whiners and cry babies.

And I've only have ever had 2 usernames. So...

Yep, both were a train wreck.

You shouldn’t stop posting your opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. I just like calling out some when I’m bored.

Pretty much just you and two others. I’ll ease up since it triggers you.

NeedforLMspeed
06-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Not triggered. Really don't care. Was just curious. Not hurting my feelings at all. Use the ignore button if you want.

Hoosier_Dirt
06-11-2020, 05:26 PM
Back to the topic: Marlar did have a Capital for a few races. He's also been in a Bloomquist and won with Bryson motorsports. This deal with Delk, just seems a little odd to me. The Longhorn for sale was the one they got from Tye Twarog racing at a last minute deal.

t3r3e3
06-14-2020, 08:01 PM
Something must be up. Marlar’s second to last start he won at Smoky Mountain. A 15k to win race and a no show. Either he’s laying back because of the Rona or the tiger and car for sale are something bigger.