PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tire Heat

missile07
06-15-2020, 09:51 AM
Helping a friend out over the weekend and I couldn't help but notice how hot his tires were each time he went out.

After just 4 or 5 hot laps his tires were hot to touch but the RR was considerably hotter. Then after a 8 lap heat race his RR was on fire (crate 21). The track wasn't slick and wasn't taking rubber.

For the feature he put a D-55 on the RR and 21 on the LR.....both tires were scorched and pretty much ruined. Running roughly 4 inches of stagger

Driver keep saying he had no forward drive. Is this the classic "way too tight in, making the car loose out?"

I feel like the car is too tight and he is forcing it to turn. This was the first time at this track in years and he is not a sling it in kind of driver.

Any help is appreciated

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-15-2020, 10:06 AM
Helping a friend out over the weekend and I couldn't help but notice how hot his tires were each time he went out.

After just 4 or 5 hot laps his tires were hot to touch but the RR was considerably hotter. Then after a 8 lap heat race his RR was on fire (crate 21). The track wasn't slick and wasn't taking rubber.

For the feature he put a D-55 on the RR and 21 on the LR.....both tires were scorched and pretty much ruined. Running roughly 4 inches of stagger

Driver keep saying he had no forward drive. Is this the classic "way too tight in, making the car loose out?"

I feel like the car is too tight and he is forcing it to turn. This was the first time at this track in years and he is not a sling it in kind of driver.

Any help is appreciated
He's spinning the hell out of them. Regardless of handling issue.