PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer ruled with illegal part after 1st heat. Disqualified.

EDERDS
06-27-2020, 07:40 PM
Don’t know what the part was.

Rajflyboy
06-27-2020, 07:56 PM
Oh lord. Well if you ain’t cheating you ain’t tryin

Bob Hubbard
06-27-2020, 08:18 PM
Fake News ….

dirtcrazy4u
06-27-2020, 08:24 PM
^^^^^ RIGHT, that's why he had to run the last chance qualifier

BloomerWon
06-27-2020, 08:40 PM
It ain't fake nor is it news. Scott just so happend to get caught. Imagine that...

He isn't the only car to run it. He's the only Bloomer car though.

WisWildManFan
06-27-2020, 08:44 PM
What’s the part? Something to do with droop?

DLC
06-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Last night Weiss drove 48 Flinner car and tonight
bloomer is driving it in feature. !!!!

Does Colton have a SB car??

golddirt
06-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Should have been disqualified from the remainder of the event

BloomerWon
06-27-2020, 09:12 PM
Should have been disqualified from the remainder of the event

Afraid he might win? Hahahahahaha

t4g2
06-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Weiss hauler broke yesterday that's why he was in flinners car.

ZERO25
06-27-2020, 09:14 PM
Foot meet 9mm! Geez!

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-27-2020, 09:26 PM
May b bloomer wins and he be light! 🤭🤭

NeedforLMspeed
06-27-2020, 09:42 PM
Had to do with a bolt on the droop limiter.

Says they are considering dropping off the tour.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-27-2020, 09:49 PM

If ya cant run w/ the big dogs then stay on the porch!

NeedforLMspeed
06-27-2020, 09:52 PM
On DoD Cody said they've been running it all season.

dalemcfan
06-27-2020, 09:57 PM

I would think the contract for the Drydene sponsorship requires them to run the WoO tour

No_Weak_Links
06-27-2020, 10:20 PM
So you're telling me it was a bolt, but rather than replace the bolt they went and borrowed a car from somebody?

NeedforLMspeed
06-27-2020, 10:29 PM
So you're telling me it was a bolt, but rather than replace the bolt they went and borrowed a car from somebody?

He pulled off with smoke coming from under the hood during the b main

ImCryn2
06-27-2020, 11:38 PM
On DoD Cody said they've been running it all season.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line over the last 35 years lol.
That's what I like about Scott, he's always trying to be better. Sometimes it bites ya, sometimes you stumble upon something that enables you to kick a$$. No matter what, he can convince also his fans that he wasn't wrong. lol

Dlmfan123
06-27-2020, 11:38 PM
Last night Weiss drove 48 Flinner car and tonightbloomer is driving it in feature. !!!!Does Colton have a SB car??No it's a longhorn. Just helping out a neighbor I guess. They were parked by eachother

NeedforLMspeed
06-28-2020, 12:12 AM
I assume he made 1 or 2 laps and pulled in. I haven't looked at WoO scoring to see.

BloomerWon
06-28-2020, 12:13 AM
If ya cant run w/ the big dogs then stay on the porch!

Get in there and make us some samiches, Richie !!

Chop Chop!! Hahahahahaha

NeedforLMspeed
06-28-2020, 12:20 AM
I know right. I could eat like 2 maybe 3. BLT extra mayo and maybe one with Bologna sandwich spread.

Rocky
06-28-2020, 04:34 AM
No engine rules, 12 foot wide bodies with $400 wedge noses that are mandatory, yet made of rubbermaid trash can material.... 7 pages on rear suspension that you need a degree in engineering to understand. This rules package is a big fail. Why in the h3ll don't the rules make sense? I know that they're Ray's rules and Ray has forgotten more about race cars than I'll ever know in my life but smart guys make bad decisions too.

I'll probably get flamed for that but I don't care.

Not even a zero fan but ridiculous is ridiculous.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 05:56 AM
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line over the last 35 years lol. That's what I like about Scott, he's always trying to be better. Sometimes it bites ya, sometimes you stumble upon something that enables you to kick a$$. No matter what, he can convince also his fans that he wasn't wrong. lolThis. He is always pushing the envelope. Making the sport better.

dirtcrazy4u
06-28-2020, 06:09 AM
Sooooo, does old bloomie only carry 1 car in that rig ? 2 other team cars there ? I guess they didn't want to give him a chance to win the race. What a frigid joke, but he probably sold tee shirts after all that went down.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 06:17 AM
He just wanted to test the Longhorns

MontanaMagic1619*
06-28-2020, 07:05 AM
Just got home from Sarvertown an hour ago, watched the whole video of the race I just saw in person and I'd like an opinion from people with knowledge on two things that I'm pondering.

1) What is Jason Covert's beef with Bloomquist ? At the redraw he was spouting off about cheaters because Bloomer was DQ'd in his heat so Covert could go to the redraw, but listening to him all he spewed to the lady announcer was BS and it was directed at Bloomer.

2) And the talk in the pits last night was that Bloomer's thinking about leaving the WoO because the part he was DQ'd for has been on there all year, so now they decide to DQ him for it

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 07:12 AM
I think you could make an argument that WOO needs Bloomer more than Bloomer needs them. Dryden will obviously be involved. Bloomer is smart to call them out a little bit (it’s just business).

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 07:53 AM
Just got home from Sarvertown an hour ago, watched the whole video of the race I just saw in person and I'd like an opinion from people with knowledge on two things that I'm pondering.

1) What is Jason Covert's beef with Bloomquist ? At the redraw he was spouting off about cheaters because Bloomer was DQ'd in his heat so Covert could go to the redraw, but listening to him all he spewed to the lady announcer was BS and it was directed at Bloomer.

2) And the talk in the pits last night was that Bloomer's thinking about leaving the WoO because the part he was DQ'd for has been on there all year, so now they decide to DQ him for it

Maybe woo just found it or figured out what was going on?

MontanaMagic1619*
06-28-2020, 07:58 AM
So then I ask you Masterbilt

" What took them so dammed long to figure it out, they've had all year " ? :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 08:01 AM
So then I ask you Masterbilt

" What took them so dammed long to figure it out, they've had all year " ? :)

Tech officials are usually overmatched and playing catch-up.

MontanaMagic1619*
06-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Yeah, that's true, about like some old tracks I used to frequent down in Podunkville or Calamity Corners :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Odds are it hasn't been there all year. Bloomer has been caught gaming the droop rule several times this year. It was probably his latest attempt and it had evaded detection for a while.

nc mudcat
06-28-2020, 08:05 AM
At the speed he has run all year, he certainly hasn't been the focus of tech inspectors. Easy to see how they would have missed it all year, if that is true.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 08:06 AM
No engine rules, 12 foot wide bodies with $400 wedge noses that are mandatory, yet made of rubbermaid trash can material.... 7 pages on rear suspension that you need a degree in engineering to understand. This rules package is a big fail. Why in the h3ll don't the rules make sense? I know that they're Ray's rules and Ray has forgotten more about race cars than I'll ever know in my life but smart guys make bad decisions too.

I'll probably get flamed for that but I don't care.

Not even a zero fan but ridiculous is ridiculous.

You are 100% correct. The rules are full retard.

jcotton02
06-28-2020, 08:10 AM
If you've ever seen the limiter they have to run there is no hiding anything. Theres nothing in the rules about what size bolts you use only how it must fasten and what the rubber has to be. As much as there checking this year there is no way they have never seen it. Big race last night and they finally made a big deal about it.

MontanaMagic1619*
06-28-2020, 08:14 AM
You're right cotton, this is the first year in quite some time that they've been docking cars after post race inspection, cars being docked two spots here, three spots there. Its getting so no matter where u finish in the heats now days, cars are being penalized a helluva lot more frequently.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 08:21 AM
If you've ever seen the limiter they have to run there is no hiding anything. Theres nothing in the rules about what size bolts you use only how it must fasten and what the rubber has to be. As much as there checking this year there is no way they have never seen it. Big race last night and they finally made a big deal about it.

If you are alluding to a bolt bending to increase droop, it would then fail post race droop check. The measurement should take care of it. Now if it acts like a spring? 🤔

dirtMAN007
06-28-2020, 08:22 AM
You're right cotton, this is the first year in quite some time that they've been docking cars after post race inspection, cars being docked two spots here, three spots there. Its getting so no matter where u finish in the heats now days, cars are being penalized a helluva lot more frequently.

Is that I good thing or a bad (wrong) thing ? Just asking ?

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 08:26 AM
You don’t want rules to take over the creativity (like they have in another series we all know)

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 08:27 AM
They are ignoring the wedge car bodies to write piles of stupid rules. It's worse than just killing creativity.

bloomer0
06-28-2020, 08:29 AM
They just found the bolt now because they realized that sheppard finally had a contender to make a run against him and instead of letting it happen they had to do everything at all costs to make sure that car would start as far back as possible.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 08:31 AM
They are ignoring the wedge car bodies to write piles of stupid rules. It's worse than just killing creativity.. I think you are 100% correct. Have basic rules and let them race. Let them build. I enjoy all the different chassis builders in the sport.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 08:33 AM
They just found the bolt now because they realized that sheppard finally had a contender to make a run against him and instead of letting it happen they had to do everything at all costs to make sure that car would start as far back as possible.. They should have given Scott a new bolt and then let him race. He very well may have won. He tends to win after being penalized.

RapidRuss
06-28-2020, 08:39 AM
Sooooo, does old bloomie only carry 1 car in that rig ? 2 other team cars there ? I guess they didn't want to give him a chance to win the race. What a frigid joke, but he probably sold tee shirts after all that went down.The race was on live TV on a super tight schedule after the rain delay. Zero time to unload car and get it ready after the b-main. Just did a start and park to get his money.

TUTY
06-28-2020, 08:45 AM
He is no contender and would not have won. He I think won his heat all three nights and went backwards in all his features. So he cheats in the heat and he should get a new bolt and not be penalized? How is that fair to anyone else following the rules? I would love to see Bloomer run well but all the Team 0 cars were off all three days. B-Shep was also off except when he started up front on Friday night and held on for the win. Let’s give some credit to Cade Dillard for a outstanding weekend in his M@B chassis that no one else runs and has 0 chassis help at the track.

bleedblue55
06-28-2020, 08:49 AM
They just found the bolt now because they realized that sheppard finally had a contender to make a run against him and instead of letting it happen they had to do everything at all costs to make sure that car would start as far back as possible.

Bloomy is 7th in points, hardly the contender except for drama

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 08:50 AM
Cade had a great race. Yes give the man his credit. Bloomquist has been getting better and he in my opinion was doing testing on night 1 and 2. He is a fan favorite. Good or bad. Get him out there on the track. People paid good money to see him race last night.

MontanaMagic1619*
06-28-2020, 08:54 AM
Yes TUTY, very refreshing to see three relatively new faces to listen to at the podium even for given up for dead Lanigan. Wished it was like last night every week with different drivers. One can only hope !

bleedblue55
06-28-2020, 08:56 AM
The race was on live TV on a super tight schedule after the rain delay. Zero time to unload car and get it ready after the b-main. Just did a start and park to get his money.

Pretty sure those back ups have to go thru tech before use. With the late start because of the rain the live part was scrapped and the Thur-Fri features were shown.

NeedforLMspeed
06-28-2020, 09:18 AM
Thought I read in the last couple weeks they had another issue with it. I'm guessing after the voluntarily dq's at Volusia they went to work on it. Just because Bloomers has it why do people assume all the cars will have it.

TerryM
06-28-2020, 09:21 AM
Tech officials are usually overmatched and playing catch-up.
Also ... before this weekend, WOO had only ran six races since everything shut down the first week of March. They’ve barely seen each other.

TerryM
06-28-2020, 09:26 AM
Cade had a great race. Yes give the man his credit. Bloomquist has been getting better and he in my opinion was doing testing on night 1 and 2. He is a fan favorite. Good or bad. Get him out there on the track. People paid good money to see him race last night.
Dude, you’re living in the past — way back in the past. None of that Bloomer stuff is true anymore. And hasn’t been for awhile now.

WisWildManFan
06-28-2020, 09:28 AM
The race was on live TV on a super tight schedule after the rain delay. Zero time to unload car and get it ready after the b-main. Just did a start and park to get his money.They didn’t put the show on cbs sports from what I gathered

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
06-28-2020, 11:15 AM
I know right. I could eat like 2 maybe 3. BLT extra mayo and maybe one with Bologna sandwich spread.

I only have enough for blackie. I'll make yours on moldy bread🤭🤭

BloomerWon
06-28-2020, 11:21 AM
I only have enough for blackie. I'll make yours on moldy bread來來

Jumper!!! Hows my favorite little stalker today??? Hahahahahaha

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 11:31 AM
I do agree. It’s much harder to win now than it was just a few years ago. I still think Scott had a good chance last night. He ain’t no dummy when the big money is on the line.

TeNfOMaFiA69
06-28-2020, 12:38 PM
He sure looked like a dummy at Eldora

NeedforLMspeed
06-28-2020, 12:58 PM
How did he have a good chance last night. There was a motor issue. Doesn't matter if he ran the Bmain or not it was going to happen regardless

TUTY
06-28-2020, 01:01 PM
No one is calling anyone a dummy. He has been fast in qualifying and in his heats (clean air). He has not been good when he’s in traffic. Bloomer, Madden, Weiss, Babb were all average at best. That was simple to see all three nights.

NeedforLMspeed
06-28-2020, 01:37 PM
I think we can give Ricky a pass with the hauler issue Thursday and then Friday they broke a motor in hotlaps

TS FAN
06-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Chances of Bloomer winning the race=0 to match his number. Engine expired in the Consy. So the wishful thinking on behalf of Bloomer winning a race will have to wait. Never seen a guy get penalized like this dude./smile

Josh Bayko
06-28-2020, 01:47 PM
I still think the droop rule has thrown Scott and his minions for a loop.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 04:12 PM
I still think the droop rule has thrown Scott and his minions for a loop.

If it hadn't, he would not be so desperate to beat the rule.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 04:26 PM
If it hadn't, he would not be so desperate to beat the rule.. If it was easy everybody would do it.

kazual
06-28-2020, 04:34 PM
Start of last year I felt it was a bridge too far for Dillard to be the lone wolf on a national tour with an M&B chassis. Nice to see him have some success.

Josh Bayko
06-28-2020, 04:49 PM
If it hadn't, he would not be so desperate to beat the rule.

The fact that they still haven’t figured it out should be buyer beware in Mooresburg.

ZERO25
06-28-2020, 05:13 PM
…..but when he does, and he will, it will be exciting again as usual!

dirtcrazy4u
06-28-2020, 05:16 PM
Ahhhh Scott your old crew chief has it figured out, Jimmy owens is on fire. I'm wondering if he jumped in flinner's car to get some feedback on feel in the longhorn chassis concerning droop. He only hung around for a couple laps.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Ahhhh Scott your old crew chief has it figured out, Jimmy owens is on fire. I'm wondering if he jumped in flinner's car to get some feedback on feel in the longhorn chassis concerning droop. He only hung around for a couple laps.

No XR1s have trouble with the rule.

dirtcrazy4u
06-28-2020, 05:27 PM
MB, I've been told you can call down to rocket and they will give you the info requested. It may not be exact but it gets you in the game. So with as many cars they have on both tours I'm sure getting help with droop adjustments is not a issue.

gorj
06-28-2020, 05:43 PM
Saying they are dropping off the tour. Okay....he needs the series more than the series needs a single driver. The shows will go on with or without him. They have in the past and will in the future. Someone who wants to run for 10k or more on a weekly basis with weekly benefits as well will need to follow WoO or Lucas. Bloomer will continue to search for speed and be competitive on the WoO tour.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-28-2020, 05:49 PM
MB, I've been told you can call down to rocket and they will give you the info requested. It may not be exact but it gets you in the game. So with as many cars they have on both tours I'm sure getting help with droop adjustments is not a issue.

They had to make no real adjustments besides making the limiter material visible and shorter. The rule was made less intrusive than Ray Cooks version. Most cars didn't have to remove hike.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Saying they are dropping off the tour. Okay....he needs the series more than the series needs a single driver. The shows will go on with or without him. They have in the past and will in the future. Someone who wants to run for 10k or more on a weekly basis with weekly benefits as well will need to follow WoO or Lucas. Bloomer will continue to search for speed and be competitive on the WoO tour.Lucas oil is stacked with the top talent. WOO is not. B Sheppard and Bloomer and a few others.

3 wide
06-28-2020, 08:15 PM
I wonder how Cody sommers likes his investment..

Dougan1640
06-28-2020, 09:24 PM
Madden winning everything in site from end of July till end of year (last year). Getting a huge Drydene sponsorship for both Scott and Madden. Selling quite a few Team Zero Chassis. Merchandise sales (not sure he gets any of this).

I am sure Cody is very happy with his investment. Team Zero land is doing just fine.

busterhess
06-28-2020, 10:19 PM
I was at the race and I was told that the only SB team that has a backup car is Ricky. That is why Scott was in flinners car. I was standing there when he tried the seat out. They had to bend it just so he could get comfy enough to even drive it for as long as he did. I also believe that it may be a Rocket not a longhorn. DOD shows him as being in a rocket also. His car blew in B main thats why he had to go to flinners car as a backup had nothing to due with WOO not letting him race his own... was just DQd from heat win.

crownman25
06-28-2020, 10:52 PM
clements clements team Dryden!!!!!!!!

Dlmfan123
06-28-2020, 11:28 PM
I was at the race and I was told that the only SB team that has a backup car is Ricky. That is why Scott was in flinners car. I was standing there when he tried the seat out. They had to bend it just so he could get comfy enough to even drive it for as long as he did. I also believe that it may be a Rocket not a longhorn. DOD shows him as being in a rocket also. His car blew in B main thats why he had to go to flinners car as a backup had nothing to due with WOO not letting him race his own... was just DQd from heat win.It is a longhorn.

Rocky
06-29-2020, 01:54 AM
They are ignoring the wedge car bodies to write piles of stupid rules. It's worse than just killing creativity.

We don't have the droop rule, but to put the new car up with a floor jack in our shop, we have to take the body off of it I mean we would anyways, but we have to. Even with the old car to get tongue weight on the trailer and avoid death wobble we had to hook the winch under the car instead of just hooking it to the tow loop because the nose sticks out 37 feet. If you ask me, that's silly. I'm not whining about it, we have this stuff now after years of working for it but the fact is the bodies on these cars are completely out of control. In every flavor of late models. They need to be a foot narrower at least and 2 feet shorter. The roofs should be flat also. It's like when they invented crate late models they completely gave up on holding cost in check for Supers. WoO ain't Saturday night racing but that's the DIRTCAR / UMP rule book which is Saturday night racing or at least supposed to be. There's nothing arbitrary about a 30 foot tape measure and it would be easy to tech. There's too much argument and invitation to try and cheat the droop rule.

Get a modified is probably the answer. It's the answer hundreds have already chosen too.

NeedforLMspeed
06-29-2020, 02:03 AM
I haven't read anywhere on here about Ricky Thornton Jr or Mason Ziegler being penalized in their heat races Thursday night when checking deck heights.

bleedblue55
06-29-2020, 05:14 AM
I haven't read anywhere on here about Ricky Thornton Jr or Mason Ziegler being penalized in their heat races Thursday night when checking deck heights.

All 3 lost their heat race finish and had to run a consy , that was the penalty. Bloomer just happened to lose a motor in his consy. All 3 were treated the same.

Josh Bayko
06-29-2020, 06:24 AM
I was at the race and I was told that the only SB team that has a backup car is Ricky. That is why Scott was in flinners car. I was standing there when he tried the seat out. They had to bend it just so he could get comfy enough to even drive it for as long as he did. I also believe that it may be a Rocket not a longhorn. DOD shows him as being in a rocket also. His car blew in B main thats why he had to go to flinners car as a backup had nothing to due with WOO not letting him race his own... was just DQd from heat win.

Ricky and Colton both have Longhorns.

busterhess
06-30-2020, 09:39 PM
From His Twitter page:
Colton Flinner
@ColtonFlinner
2016 Lucas Oil Series rookie of the year, driver of the Johns Towing, All American Framers, Randig Towing 48 Xr1 Rocket🤜🏼💥🤛🏼

From His FB page:
Sponsors: All American Framers Paradise Vending Rocket chassis MS Shock Therapy Randig Towing Bellisarios lounge AW Beattie Career Center Stan's Transmission Rich Vox Fully Injected Crow Design On time designs Special thanks to my parents for allowing me to live my dream of racing.

If he's in a longhorn its Brand new.

Not Arguing just showing whats on his social media pages

Dlmfan123
06-30-2020, 09:50 PM
They got a longhorn around the shut down time. Still has rockets just wanted to try something else. I don't think it's brand new. https://www.dirtondirt.com/upload/cache/img.php-0x700-upload-slide-slide_140861.jpg?1593148508

busterhess
06-30-2020, 10:25 PM
Not Sure but like I said DOD listed Bloomer as last place in a Rocket. May have very well been a Longhorn. I was there when Bloomer climbed in and I did hear on of Flinners Crew tell him not to let that big Coronet get away from him. lol

CCHIEF
07-01-2020, 07:21 AM
It was a Longhorn.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2020, 09:09 AM
DoD, and other outlets for that matter, get those things wrong all the time. It's usually assumed from some earlier race or an initial entry for a series.