PDA

View Full Version : North South

upaginit in North GA
07-13-2020, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know 100% if this race is going to happen this year??

Jim11h
07-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Magic 8 ball says "better luck next time"

Onlydirtlate22
07-14-2020, 02:18 AM
Not happening

JCSullivan00
07-14-2020, 06:11 AM
I will say, that the message Florence sent out yesterday about the Lucas rain-out from Saturday indicated that those tickets could be used towards the North South, which tells me the track is hopeful to run.

Several different judges, including one in Boone County, where the speedway is located, have allowed temporary restraining orders against Governor Beshears over-reach, which should extend into August, so I think the chance of it happening is higher than the rest of the guys posting here.

zyoung25
07-14-2020, 06:20 AM
I will say, that the message Florence sent out yesterday about the Lucas rain-out from Saturday indicated that those tickets could be used towards the North South, which tells me the track is hopeful to run.

Several different judges, including one in Boone County, where the speedway is located, have allowed temporary restraining orders against Governor Beshears over-reach, which should extend into August, so I think the chance of it happening is higher than the rest of the guys posting here.

I wish there were judges that were like the one from Boone county. It doesn't sound like the battle is over yet. Let's hope the Kentucky supreme court us in the same favor of the track and the other business owners when that time comes.

mskdorf
07-14-2020, 11:46 AM
They sure are selling tickets like they will have it

dirt crow
07-14-2020, 12:16 PM
I need one, possibly two, Saturday seats only. Good ones.

TS FAN
07-14-2020, 03:12 PM
I have my tickets for the Latham and N/S. just picked them up Friday. Looks to me like they are running.

DarrellGoode
07-14-2020, 04:24 PM
I think I’m gonna wait and just get pit passes the day of. The question will be will I be able to get a hotel room. I’m just gonna go Friday and Saturday.

JCSullivan00
07-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Just keep in mind that the way things are currently operating is that the pits and stands are completely separated, so you may have to stand in the infield, and the pits have been limited to the driver plus 9 crew members paid all at once. Maybe you can latch onto a team if you know someone.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Go ahead and book you a room and cancel if they don’t have it. (Check-out their policy on cancellations.)

I had my Thursday thru Saturday tickets already- called today and got reservered seats for the Latham on Wednesday.

#FALSuperman
07-15-2020, 11:10 PM
Just keep in mind that the way things are currently operating is that the pits and stands are completely separated, so you may have to stand in the infield, and the pits have been limited to the driver plus 9 crew members paid all at once. Maybe you can latch onto a team if you know someone.

If the judgement is upheld, there isn't a need to separate, because right now they can run full capacity.

TerryM
07-16-2020, 08:52 AM
I've thought all along it won't happen, but as of this past weekend, I'm thinking differently. We had held off on getting our tickets this year, but we went ahead and pulled the trigger over the weekend. Got our usual room at our usual spot and now we're ready to go. Fingers crossed.