PDA

View Full Version : Time to penalize dirty sliders

hjr2
07-14-2020, 08:53 PM
If a car gets wrecked from an incomplete slider that puts it into the wall, put them both to the back, not just the guy who went into the wall. Better yet, put ONLY the guy who wrecked the other guy to the back since THAT is who brought out the caution.

hjr2
07-14-2020, 08:54 PM
I'm sick of hearing "it's a racing deal" when it was anything but.

NeedforLMspeed
07-14-2020, 08:55 PM
Last I knew if you caused the caution you went to the rear not get your spot back. Can't believe they gave him his spot back

hjr2
07-14-2020, 08:58 PM
I remember the black flag being used sporadically at the track when I was a kid in the early 80's. Was it removed to create a "safe space" or something?

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 08:59 PM
Yeah pierces time will time come. He will piss off the wrong guy sooner or later I can’t wait until he gets what he deserves

LM1M
07-14-2020, 09:00 PM
Pierce strikes again - NO respect

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 09:01 PM
I agree Someone is going to put his ass in the wallI can’t wait

NeedforLMspeed
07-14-2020, 09:02 PM
Babb dumped him awhile back. There's video on youtube somewhere.

hjr2
07-14-2020, 09:03 PM
The only way people like that learn is a good punch in the face.

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 09:04 PM
Babb is a fairly clean driver Pierce probably deserved it Oh wait I know he did

427c.i.
07-14-2020, 09:05 PM
Sam took a long drag of of his Virginia Slim...put the caution on Franky and then slithered away.
Complete B.S. but there's no way the golden boy was going to the tail.

Billy_the_kid
07-14-2020, 09:06 PM
Fans get worked up over it a lot more than drivers. Drivers dont forget. When the opportunity arises, payback is always lurking.

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 09:07 PM
Smooth operator my ass Nothing about his driving style is smooth Bobby “wreck em” pierce

hjr2
07-14-2020, 09:07 PM
Heckenhast was having a great race too.

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 09:08 PM
Fans get worked up over it a lot more than drivers. Drivers dont forget. When the opportunity arises, payback is always lurking.Franky launched a dirt clog at pierce. After Franky got out of his car on track. He is usually calm etc Pierce could cause a preacher to cuss

stewart fan
07-14-2020, 09:16 PM
That was very disappointing,Frankie is very clean!

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 09:17 PM
Yep franky is but pierce doesn’t care about racing other drivers clean

JabberJaws83
07-14-2020, 09:22 PM
Bobby will blame it on the track layout. Apparently every track he races on calls for unclear sliders as the only way you pass. “Just the nature of racing at fill in the blank track” Can’t wait till he gets what’s coming

t4g2
07-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Been saying it for years. People didn't believe it but now you all see it. Babb did pay him back. They still get into it as last year's summer nationals at farmer city babbs wife an Angie got in a fight an they had Angie in handcuffs in cop car.

hjr2
07-14-2020, 09:26 PM
He likes blaming dirty air too.

CIRF
07-14-2020, 09:28 PM
When Shannon Babb took Pierce out in retaliation happened at Macon. I was there and it was brutally obvious even to me, who's next lap in a racecar will be my first, that Babb saw his chance and took it. I can't remember precisely where those two were in the running order when this took place but they were both running pretty well. As someone else said, Babb is as clean and respectful on the racetrack as they come so whatever Pierce did initially musta' been over the top.

I personally do not get all that emotionally involved with what one driver does to another if no ones life and limb is deliberately put in harms way. I figure if the guy getting dumped is not willing to inflict painful retribution on the dumper's face and body then why should I get all bent outa' shape about it.

stewart fan
07-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Pierce pierced him at belleclair earlier i believe

chathamracefan
07-14-2020, 10:04 PM
When Shannon Babb took Pierce out in retaliation happened at Macon. I was there and it was brutally obvious even to me, who's next lap in a racecar will be my first, that Babb saw his chance and took it. I can't remember precisely where those two were in the running order when this took place but they were both running pretty well. As someone else said, Babb is as clean and respectful on the racetrack as they come so whatever Pierce did initially musta' been over the top.

I personally do not get all that emotionally involved with what one driver does to another if no ones life and limb is deliberately put in harms way. I figure if the guy getting dumped is not willing to inflict painful retribution on the dumper's face and body then why should I get all bent outa' shape about it.

It was for the lead late in the going afternoon the Herald Review when Babb got even. A week or so before that Bobby stuffed him at Belle Clair and Shannon all but called his shot in the post race interviews. I’m a Babb homer and have no doubt he had his mind made up that it was gonna get paid back the first chance he got.

cgrace
07-14-2020, 10:11 PM
Angie Pierce put Smooth Operator on a shirt to start the nickname for Bobby. At the time, he was very smooth on the bottom of the track and didn't trash other drivers.

Dirt Racing #1
07-14-2020, 10:36 PM
Angie Pierce put Smooth Operator on a shirt to start the nickname for Bobby. At the time, he was very smooth on the bottom of the track and didn't trash other drivers.Oh how times have changed Bobby “Wreck em” pierce

LM1M
07-14-2020, 10:37 PM
LOL the dirty air excuse - last time he used that one I knew there was no way he believed what he was saying

MontanaMagic1619*
07-14-2020, 10:44 PM
Do what Ross Bailes did to back marker Craig Greer tonight when he was barely holding off Hedgec0ck for the lead. Spun Greer out. I'm not positive if the flagman had given Greer the move over flag or not, but it was a necessary move by Ross to get him to hell outa' the way.

BILL47A
07-14-2020, 11:30 PM
Caution flag was called by track officials on Heckanast. That was wrong. Pierce drove Frankie into the wall. Yellow flag should have been called on Pierce and he should have been sent to the back.

Speedee1
07-14-2020, 11:57 PM
If a car gets wrecked from an incomplete slider that puts it into the wall, put them both to the back, not just the guy who went into the wall. Better yet, put ONLY the guy who wrecked the other guy to the back since THAT is who brought out the caution.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-15-2020, 12:18 AM

They were second and third, about halfway through the race.

WildBill32
07-15-2020, 06:38 AM
Am I the only one that saw Tyler Erb spinout Pierce on the first lap of the race? Causing damage to his car... Hmmmm idk maybe I dreamed that or something. Lol

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-15-2020, 06:41 AM
I'm I the only one that saw Tyler Erb spinout Pierce on the first lap of the race? Causing damage to his car... Hmmmm idk maybe I dreamed that or something. Lol

No... that happened... but unlike Bobby, Terbo owned up to it... something Bobby nor his mom or dad never do

nc mudcat
07-15-2020, 06:50 AM
Penalizing drivers for hard sliders is nuts. The other drivers will take care of it. You can't penalize someone for a move that is subjective; every slider you have a bunch of people say it was dirty, a bunch say it's fine. Not a good idea to put it in the hands of a man in the press box to make a call.

Barbecueboy
07-15-2020, 06:53 AM
Power steering issues seem to always be a good scapegoat.......and they wonder why?

dirtcrazy4u
07-15-2020, 06:54 AM
Bobby will never be back out on a national tour because of his dirty air and track conditions caused it attitude. He should have been parked, plain and simple, no b*lls officials is what happened last night. Park him and explain it to his whole team 32, you keep that garbage up and we will park you every time. You didn't see that when he ran the dunn-Benson car on the lucas series. Why. Because somebody would have put him in place immediately.

dirtcrazy4u
07-15-2020, 06:57 AM
Madcat, maybe you should be a car owner that has to pay to fix the cars BP has walled. BP likes being out of control and using the wall up.

Madcat
07-15-2020, 07:47 AM
Madcat, maybe you should be a car owner that has to pay to fix the cars BP has walled. BP likes being out of control and using the wall up.

"Mudcat" don't tie me in with these guys lol! BP just did his usual BP thing tonight.....

JayD
07-15-2020, 07:55 AM
If a car gets wrecked from an incomplete slider that puts it into the wall, put them both to the back, not just the guy who went into the wall. Better yet, put ONLY the guy who wrecked the other guy to the back since THAT is who brought out the caution.They will never do that, always let the drivers settle things on the track that’s what puts a$$es in seats.

IL LM Fan
07-15-2020, 08:21 AM
A couple years ago, there was a similar incident at Sycamore Speedway, Popular regional driver and regular at Sycamore slid another driver and Won. I believe the victim checked up and went off on the hook. Promoter Tiffany docked the winners pay. Driver stated on social media that he will never race at Sycamore again. And far as I know, he hasn't.

50Dixon50
07-15-2020, 08:29 AM
I agree BP took frank out but it was the official that made the call that frankie caused the caution which was RIDICULOUS something needs to be done I think officials need to black flag BP and park him a couple times that might just do it bp has to make money if he is parked he don't

WisWildManFan
07-15-2020, 08:46 AM
A couple years ago, there was a similar incident at Sycamore Speedway, Popular regional driver and regular at Sycamore slid another driver and Won. I believe the victim checked up and went off on the hook. Promoter Tiffany docked the winners pay. Driver stated on social media that he will never race at Sycamore again. And far as I know, he hasn't.mataragas and olsen?

IL LM Fan
07-15-2020, 09:16 AM
mataragas and olsen? That is correct.

dirtcrazy4u
07-15-2020, 03:29 PM
Hey madcat, sorry I didn't see there is 2. NC madcat I was referring to.

nc mudcat
07-15-2020, 07:52 PM
If you meant NC Mudcat, then I'll reply. Been there, done that. And realized you don't penalize dirt racers for sliders.

Josh Bayko
07-15-2020, 09:21 PM
I don’t agree with penalizing dirty sliders because it would be a judgement call, and all judgement calls suck. Let the racers take care of it. Bobby is going to end up getting the sh*t kicked out of him someday and then maybe he’ll learn.

Rocky
07-16-2020, 01:11 AM
Start penalizing sliders and you're opening a can of worms. It opens a whole bunch of oppurtunities for home cookin' and I bet it would benefit popular drivers like say Pierce, more than it would hurt them. Were the crowd throwing beer cans and rioting after that win? or were they, I suspect, cheering? Or was there even fans there? Jeebus I'm ready to get back to the USA already.

As far as dirty driving goes, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Illtsate32
07-16-2020, 04:07 AM
Been saying it for years. People didn't believe it but now you all see it. Babb did pay him back. They still get into it as last year's summer nationals at farmer city babbs wife an Angie got in a fight an they had Angie in handcuffs in cop car.

Lol payback for getting passed without touching him Babb got snuckered on a restart ya he slid him but cleared him boo boo babb had to jump on the brakes, 

dirtcrazy4u
07-16-2020, 04:59 AM
Don't disagree, but when you have a blatant slider, and you can tell the difference. You wreck the guy, you need to tail the field or get parked. The guys that are good at sliders know when they need to back off and give the guy room, that's BP problem. He will just use you up, that's the difference

BloomerWon
07-16-2020, 05:49 AM
Lol payback for getting passed without touching him Babb got snuckered on a restart ya he slid him but cleared him boo boo babb had to jump on the brakes, 

Fixed this for you... lol

TerryM
07-16-2020, 06:07 AM
What a bunch of snowflakes. Sliders are a huge part of dirt racing, and they aren't always perfectly executed. But that doesn't make them dirty. Take away sliders and it might as well be asphalt racing.

Rajflyboy
07-16-2020, 06:09 AM
I’d much rather see them penalize the back marker car that has trouble starting and wrecks multiple times in the same race (wrecks himself I should say). Fortunately in late models now a days there are very few of these types Still racing.

Barbecueboy
07-16-2020, 06:35 AM
Sliders are a great accomplishment to a great race, but they aren't the only way to pass.

Most great drivers have that figured out.

JabberJaws83
07-16-2020, 07:05 AM
I don't agree that a driver should be penalized, both parties just need to be men. One that admits he screwed up and the other that gets payback when it's time. Let it police itself and you don't lose the excitement

bullring
07-16-2020, 07:11 AM
A couple years ago, there was a similar incident at Sycamore Speedway, Popular regional driver and regular at Sycamore slid another driver and Won. I believe the victim checked up and went off on the hook. Promoter Tiffany docked the winners pay. Driver stated on social media that he will never race at Sycamore again. And far as I know, he hasn't.

I witnessed that one in person.

t4g2
07-16-2020, 07:34 AM
Ilsaste32 well the payback proved a point and he drives completely different against babb ever since and watches what he says in interviews about babb. More of it to come then will see whose crying. I hope a few are in big $ races to. But they only have til next year to do it after that Pierce won't even be competitive as daddy retires.

Barbecueboy
07-16-2020, 07:38 AM
Somebody will surely pick him up and put him in a car that can win after Bob retires.......it's up to Bobby to figure out how all that will shake out and look on the track.

Illtsate32
07-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Ilsaste32 well the payback proved a point and he drives completely different against babb ever since and watches what he says in interviews about babb. More of it to come then will see whose crying. I hope a few are in big $ races to. But they only have til next year to do it after that Pierce won't even be competitive as daddy retires.
Your right I agree with ya, junk him if he's doing you dirty, but that was dead a bad example, everybody start putting him in the fence, the problem with that is he is usually the only car passing putting on a show so he's the only one you guys can complain about...

Illtsate32
07-16-2020, 07:56 AM
What a bunch of snowflakes. Sliders are a huge part of dirt racing, and they aren't always perfectly executed. But that doesn't make them dirty. Take away sliders and it might as well be asphalt racing.

Ya the PDC was a fantastic finish, and Bobby took it like a man and shook Sheppys hand...thats racing...

WildBill32
07-16-2020, 08:17 AM
The art of the payback is being able to do it without damaging your car or taking yourself out of the race. I have seen it many times were the driver trying to do it ends up on the hook. Sometimes it's better to just get up on the wheel & let your driving do the talking.

Buford.Justice
07-16-2020, 02:59 PM
When you do a slider and make the leader or car ahead of you slam on the brakes to keep from being hit and ran into the wall or off the track then it is dirty driving.

You got D. Moraned. hehe

Making the car in front brake for you can lead the other cars getting involved also.

formercrewguy
07-16-2020, 03:49 PM
My favorite failed slider was at a Wild West Shootout race at USA in Tucson between Don Shaw and Shane Clanton. Clanton slid him, barely, Shaw wouldn't lift, and Clanton went into the wall and flipped. I said Shaw isn't required to lift, and took alot of flack for it. I still believe it was 100% on Clanton.

IL LM Fan
07-17-2020, 01:29 PM
I witnessed that one in person.How was that? I assume the crowd didn't like it a whole lot?