PDA

View Full Version : Senoia Raceway Schaefer’s Southern Nationals

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 08:22 PM
Super fast Track tonight. 35 cars in the house. 8 cars broke the track record tonight. Brandon Overton with the record at 12.638 in group A. Chris Madden was fastest in Group B.

A lot of moisture in the track tonight from a storm last night. Most likely going to be a hammer down track versus the usually slick gumbo.

Mister Ricochet
07-16-2020, 08:30 PM
No doubt a fast track. No drama at all the first 4 So Nat races. Many at the chat on DoD says Page is a wild card. Fast, aggressive and does lotsa rubbin and bumpin. .................. Whitener a good dark horse?

AllenK
07-16-2020, 08:36 PM
If it's really hooked up then Overton is going to be hard to beat.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 08:37 PM
Page has to run the consi races. He didn’t make it in the top 4 of his group. He is definitely aggressive. It will be a show watching him come thru the field. Whitner did look hook. First time I’ve seen him here. Fingers crossed the track doesn’t lock down and stays racey. Consis coming up next.

Rajflyboy
07-16-2020, 08:39 PM
How does Pollard look tonight so far?

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Correction. I meant heat races for Page.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 08:56 PM
I believe Bubba is 6 or 7th in qualifying. He looked pretty good. He always runs well here. He’ll be fast in the feature.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 08:59 PM
Steven Roberts wins heat #1. Knowles 2nd and Crane 3rd.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 09:04 PM
#2 Williams wins Heat race #2. McIntosh 2nd. Dooley 3rd.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 09:09 PM
#18 Page wins Heat race #3. Joiner 2nd. Horton 3rd.

TerryM
07-16-2020, 09:09 PM
Correction. I meant heat races for Page.
You were right the first time. These are b mains. They didn’t run any heats.

Rajflyboy
07-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the updates 👍

weatherman85
07-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Are they doing B-mains as well? Confused how they make the 22 car field tonight. Top 4 lock in qualifying. Top 3 from 4 heats and two provisionals. That’s 18 cars so I’m assuming maybe top 4 from a B-main.

Also DoD shows no time for Pollard in qualifying.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 09:17 PM
#00 Polson wins Heat Race #4. Leonardi 2nd. Cruz Skinner 3rd.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 09:20 PM
No B Mains. Top 4 in each group equals 8. 3 x 4 out of each Heat race is 12 more. Plus 2 provisionals totals 22.

weatherman85
07-16-2020, 09:22 PM
Ah gotcha. DoD was only showing top two from each group locked. Makes sense now.

weatherman85
07-16-2020, 09:24 PM
Joshua Joiner is doing the live updates for DoD. Must be too busy working on Joseph’s car cuz he’s not on his A game tonight with updates.

TerryM
07-16-2020, 10:32 PM
THE O Show wins again lol.

clanton25fan
07-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Overton takes the win!!! Madden 2nd. Roberts 3rd. That was probably the fastest race speed wise that I have ever seen at Senoia. They put on a show tonight!!!

Jim11h
07-17-2020, 06:36 AM
Y'all should boycott formats like that, Drivers especially! Travel how far to watch 2 qualifying laps, 3 consi races and a feature. Pathetic format. Might as well go to asphalt race. Guys not transferring get barely any laps to get better.

victorylane
07-17-2020, 07:30 AM
I thought the format sucked also. It felt like it was 3 hours of packing the track and 20 minutes of racing. Plus having to listen to the announcers talk about a lot of stupid stuff. Heat races with 4-6 cars is ridiculous.

weatherman85
07-17-2020, 07:33 AM
Y'all should boycott formats like that, Drivers especially! Travel how far to watch 2 qualifying laps, 3 consi races and a feature. Pathetic format. Might as well go to asphalt race. Guys not transferring get barely any laps to get better.

Jim a lot of fans Down here in the south have wished that for years but the drivers are against it. Ray’s series was actually one of the first to only lock in the top 4 or 8 and run heats to determine the rest with a dash for the ones locked in. I remember for many years it was qualify and have a one last chance race for most series around here. Most weekly shows is qualify and race features unfortunately.

Dirt Clod
07-17-2020, 07:45 AM
I turned on the broadcast last night and thought I missed a big delay. Qualifying was starting about 8:45pm? Racing started about an hour later. Sure isn't a friendly format to those that had to work Friday morning.

B_K
07-17-2020, 07:48 AM
Look, more people in this thread that will never go to one of these races anyway telling people what to do and to boycott.

So refreshing! I don’t like this so therefore YOU shouldn’t go.

Rajflyboy
07-17-2020, 08:03 AM
Valid points about race cars on track. We want to see racing. Not packer cars.

Jking24
07-17-2020, 08:22 AM
I turned on the broadcast last night and thought I missed a big delay. Qualifying was starting about 8:45pm? Racing started about an hour later. Sure isn't a friendly format to those that had to work Friday morning.I don't think Their is a "format" in the south that's good fit people who work the next day. Unless your planning on leaving the track and going straight to work lol

riddle28
07-17-2020, 08:56 AM
its trickled down to crate classes in the south now. Alot of the tracks around will qualify and run the feature straight up for 604 and 602

Mister Ricochet
07-17-2020, 08:56 AM
I don't think Their is a "format" in the south that's good fit people who work the next day. Unless your planning on leaving the track and going straight to work lol

How bout starting hot laps at 6:00 instead of 7:30? ........ I'm a Midwest guy who is loving the So Nats. Lotta new tracks and drivers I don't see race has been great but I've found the promoters are in no hurry to move a program along.

Of course car count matters but I'm a fan of hot laps, qualifying, heats, a last chance and the feature. A dash is always nice but not a deal breaker if there isn't one.

Mister Ricochet
07-17-2020, 09:01 AM
I turned on the broadcast last night and thought I missed a big delay. Qualifying was starting about 8:45pm? Racing started about an hour later. Sure isn't a friendly format to those that had to work Friday morning.

IIRC every So Nats race so far has had 5 classes except for last night, it had 4. We need these tracks/promoters to turn a profit but at the same time if people are not going cuz the show ends at 12:30 and they can't get to work, church or the kid's ball game the next day.

Fine line but shows ending after midnight is not good for a family that has things to do the next morning.

weatherman85
07-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Like I said, it's a driver thing. For years Dixie Speedway Heat raced everything except Supers. They would then at least have the fastest qualifier in Supers spine a giant wheel to determine a possible invert of the top 6. However this seemed to stop altogether some years back when Senoia turned to dirt and started qualifying everything. Dixie regulars started showing up at Senoia every week so DIxie fell in line and now they literally qualify EVERYTHING with no invert. That Giant wheel in the pits just sits there now collecting dust.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2020, 09:25 AM
You have such a great command of reality and speak the truth.....wish you weren't right so much.

Sad part is.....these days people that can't think for themselves love being told what to do and how to do it by others....it's just easier than them finding out for themselves.

B_K
07-17-2020, 09:42 AM
You have such a great command of reality and speak the truth.....wish you weren't right so much.

Sad part is.....these days people that can't think for themselves love being told what to do and how to do it by others....it's just easier than them finding out for themselves.

Sheep. That’s what wolves feast on.

Lifelong libertarian. I control me, my thoughts, and my actions. They have consequences which I should know. Sometimes it makes it hard because I don’t land left or right every time on an issue, but it is what it is. If you can’t be true to yourself you’re a fraud from the start.

kazual
07-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Watched on Flo, that is when I could stand it. Not very good show management. In fairness to southern tracks some of the sprint races I’ve watched lately from the Midwest aren’t any better. When one of these happen, one that is drug out unnecessarily, makes me want to hit the promoter in the head with a hammer and say “look genius, you may think it’s fun to spend 7 hours at a track on a weeknight but your paying fans don’t“. And when you have drivers determining your format and scheduling you have a bigger problem, like the inmates running the prison.

Jim11h
07-17-2020, 10:40 AM
Incorrect b_k, seen OMG ray cook Southern series at Florence and hated idea that 1 good lap all night set front of feature. Qualifying is ridiculous. Who wants to watch 20 compacts single 21sec. Lap? Lower divisions should rarely ever qualify. Pull pill and race your heats. If your fast you'll make feature. It gives fans what they paid to see, racing. It gives drivers what they need, experience.

Y'all claim crates saved dlm down there but truth is crappy formats, too many divisions, too many of same car classes have killed dlm racing. Eventually once retire I'd like to move south and still attend races but I'm too northern spoiled by real run race tracks. 3-4 divisions, 100 cars done by 11. 3-4 heats, b mains if necessary and then features.

LM1M
07-17-2020, 10:51 AM
I believe they have pushed back the start time of some of the Southern Natl's races due to the heat.

TerryM
07-17-2020, 11:00 AM
I believe they have pushed back the start time of some of the Southern Natl's races due to the heat.
It’s just as hot in the Midwest right now.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2020, 11:13 AM
Some folks should go back and re read some of their own stuff on occasion......it's amazing to me that they say things they (in their mind )think is true but when you read their posts it's not exactly as they remember or intended.

I'm as guilty as anyone for coming across the wrong way to certain folks and regret a little of that, difference is when I'm wrong most times I'll admit it.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2020, 11:20 AM
Excuse me for noticing , but every track you have listed that you've supported in 2020 are all in the south Terry.
Not sure that trash dig at BK and everyone else works out real well for you on this.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Northern spoiled, lmao......if it's so great and everyone is so spoiled and pampered why the mass exodus every year to come move south?

It's very confusing.

B_K
07-17-2020, 12:23 PM
Comical thread.

I can’t imagine the delusion of feeling important enough to tell someone how to run THEIR business or THEIR life. You think it sucks, don’t go. If enough people agree with you over time things change or die. If not, guess what they don’t need you.

Opinions are great, but when you start saying YOU should do something instead of I would do this, it’s all gibberish at that point because I’m done listening.

Nobody is making anyone go to a race or watch a free show in the internet.

If all I had to do was complain about stuff like that I’d just swallow a bullet and do society a favor.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2020, 01:12 PM
Generally speaking , people that like to tell others what to do or how to act in public are normally getting told what to do and how to act at home.

Think it's called projecting?

B_K
07-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Generally speaking , people that like to tell others what to do or how to act in public are normally getting told what to do and how to act at home.

Think it's called projecting?

I think that’s right.

Hell, that one guy had to move over 1,000 miles to find one that didn’t know what a complete b!tch he is.

clanton25fan
07-17-2020, 02:09 PM
You crybabies are a joke. If any of you had ever been to Senoia you would know that the track surface last night was not the norm. The track usually slicks off top to bottom about half way thru the night. They had a ton of rain the night before and the moisture stayed in the track the entire night which made it super fast. Hence 8 cars breaking the previous track record. Most promoters would not have took the time to try and fix the track to keep it racy. Then you would have been left with a train race that you would have cried about even more. Given the circumstances they did the best they could.

For the record the stands and around the fence line was PACKED considering it was a Thursday night race. If you were worried about having to go to work the next day then maybe you should have not went or stayed up and watched. I didn't get home till 2AM and had to be back up at 5AM for work. I knew I would be getting home late whether they got done at 11PM or 2AM. If you are a true dirt fan that crap don't bother you. If it does then maybe you need to find a different sport. In the end I was dang thankful to get to watch the sport I love and see some great racing. I think a lot of other folks that were there would probably say the same thing as well.

TerryM
07-17-2020, 02:19 PM
There’s my boy, crybaby BK lol. I can always count on you haha.

TerryM
07-17-2020, 02:21 PM
You crybabies are a joke. If any of you had ever been to Senoia you would know that the track surface last night was not the norm. The track usually slicks off top to bottom about half way thru the night. They had a ton of rain the night before and the moisture stayed in the track the entire night which made it super fast. Hence 8 cars breaking the previous track record. Most promoters would not have took the time to try and fix the track to keep it racy. Then you would have been left with a train race that you would have cried about even more. Given the circumstances they did the best they could.

For the record the stands and around the fence line was PACKED considering it was a Thursday night race. If you were worried about having to go to work the next day then maybe you should have not went or stayed up and watched. I didn't get home till 2AM and had to be back up at 5AM for work. I knew I would be getting home late whether they got done at 11PM or 2AM. If you are a true dirt fan that crap don't bother you. If it does then maybe you need to find a different sport. In the end I was dang thankful to get to watch the sport I love and see some great racing. I think a lot of other folks that were there would probably say the same thing as well.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but we’ve been to Senoia several times and always have a good time. I don’t think anyone is complaining about Senoia.

clanton25fan
07-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Terry, I know you have. That wasn't directed toward you. Like anything else things could have been better.
Considering all the down time for repacking the upper groove and the couple nasty wrecks, one being a roll over, they did good being only an hour behind.

Jim11h
07-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Track looked nice and was great to see something with moisture for change. Didn't watch super feature as was like almost 11 and 602 sportsman were racing and super feature was next announcer said. Too late for my liking on work night.

Rajflyboy
07-17-2020, 04:58 PM
You crybabies are a joke. If any of you had ever been to Senoia you would know that the track surface last night was not the norm. The track usually slicks off top to bottom about half way thru the night. They had a ton of rain the night before and the moisture stayed in the track the entire night which made it super fast. Hence 8 cars breaking the previous track record. Most promoters would not have took the time to try and fix the track to keep it racy. Then you would have been left with a train race that you would have cried about even more. Given the circumstances they did the best they could. For the record the stands and around the fence line was PACKED considering it was a Thursday night race. If you were worried about having to go to work the next day then maybe you should have not went or stayed up and watched. I didn't get home till 2AM and had to be back up at 5AM for work. I knew I would be getting home late whether they got done at 11PM or 2AM. If you are a true dirt fan that crap don't bother you. If it does then maybe you need to find a different sport. In the end I was dang thankful to get to watch the sport I love and see some great racing. I think a lot of other folks that were there would probably say the same thing as well.Awesome reply. Yes yes yes 👍

victorylane
07-17-2020, 08:03 PM
Oh the good ol if u don’t like it stay home reply. Genius you are. Enlighten us with all ur wisdom. Maybe just maybe I can know as much about racing as you someday because ur the greatest dirt fan ever. LOL