PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth Raceway Park closed until further notice.

Pennsboro32
07-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Normally wouldn’t post something like this but with big the closing of PRP due to covid, it has big implications on the rest of the DLM season. PRP always has a Lucas date during Labor Day and then of course the DTWC.

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 11:45 AM
These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.

NeedforLMspeed
07-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Good idea. Until they pull license's and insurance coverage. Then your really f'cked.

153J
07-20-2020, 11:53 AM
rumor is the whole state of ohio is going back to step 1 of the process

non driving fool
07-20-2020, 12:06 PM
Gear Head----Just think where we'd be if this guy was in a position of responsibility!!!!

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Good idea. Until they pull license's and insurance coverage. Then your really f'cked.

They're not allowed to do that. It's not against any law to operate your business. And laws have to be passed by the legislature.

beeker3333
07-20-2020, 12:25 PM
well they all have health inspection , most have beer sales license , fire code inspections , so if you take away the right to sell food and beer , and fire code insues , how profitabe is it to run a track ,

Mister Ricochet
07-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas . Jackson Motorplex in MN has suspended the season as well: http://www.jacksonmotorplex.com/news/?i=85173

I understand some favor their 25 yr old "news" show and 5 yr old blog sites, over 170 yr institutions and 75-100-125 yr old newspapers that peddle "fake news", that tell them they can't make you do anything cuz the constitution! Well, according to the constitution they indeed can.

This from 170 yr old "fake news" Reuters, that reported on the Civil War in real time, gives you a short read why: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-governors-authority-to-shut/false-claim-governors-do-not-have-the-authority-to-close-businesses-force-residents-to-stay-home-or-shut-down-religious-institutions-idUSKBN22N25S

kazual
07-20-2020, 01:43 PM
The Jacksonville closing surprised me, other tracks in Minnesota are still active.

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 01:50 PM
well they all have health inspection , most have beer sales license , fire code inspections , so if you take away the right to sell food and beer , and fire code insues , how profitabe is it to run a track ,

How are beer sales and fire codes in any way related to the virus? They need a valid reason to take away any of those licenses. An illness is not a valid reason.

NeedforLMspeed
07-20-2020, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas .

What people don't understand is of course there will be more "cases" in California, Florida and Texas. Why? Because they are the top 3 most populated states and they are testing way more people. The numbers in FL technically aren't correct. I believe they are way lower because it was uncovered last week that many testing labs aren't counting negative tests to offset the numbers and percentages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.local10.com/news/florida/2020/07/15/florida-department-of-health-confirms-some-labs-werent-reporting-negative-coronavirus-tests/%3foutputType=amp

(It's still all political left and media driven)

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear this but completely understand any state does not want to turn into the next Florida or Texas . Jackson Motorplex in MN has suspended the season as well: http://www.jacksonmotorplex.com/news/?i=85173

I understand some favor their 25 yr old "news" show and 5 yr old blog sites, over 170 yr institutions and 75-100-125 yr old newspapers that peddle "fake news", that tell them they can't make you do anything cuz the constitution! Well, according to the constitution they indeed can.

This from 170 yr old "fake news" Reuters, that reported on the Civil War in real time, gives you a short read why: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-governors-authority-to-shut/false-claim-governors-do-not-have-the-authority-to-close-businesses-force-residents-to-stay-home-or-shut-down-religious-institutions-idUSKBN22N25S

Did you read any of these state statute summaries? I can't find shutting down business or confining people in the Pennsylvania summary. There wasn't one listed for my state.

It's true it is up to governor action, not the federal government. However, governors do not have absolute power to do as they wish.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-20-2020, 02:00 PM
Gear Head

Why don’t you go to New York, Washington, D.C., Washington State, Chicago or some other place besides 4m and do your antic protesting! You would be welcome there with all the other radical protestors that are rioting, looting and burning! I hope Eldora gates are secure because you would probably go there and destroy Earl & Bernice’s statues Tony had made. You are not only a disgrace 4m -you are a disgrace to the human race.
Ruby Ridge or Waco, Texas would fit you well!

Have a nice day! 😀😀

Mister Ricochet
07-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Did you read any of these state statute summaries? I can't find shutting down business or confining people in the Pennsylvania summary. There wasn't one listed for my state.

It's true it is up to governor action, not the federal government. However, governors do not have absolute power to do as they wish.

When the question came up in April can governors shut down businesses, schools and churches I did some research and easily found they could, but churches isn't cut and dried. I deleted those bookmarks and simply googled it again and posted the Reuters piece on it and yes I did click a couple links and was sorry to see the Lawfare link is dead. ......... It's not often I go there but they are linked or quoted in some articles I've read so I've been there and trust the site totally.

And a couple simply send you to the site but not to where they speak on the issue. Some links though give the info you're looking for.

I just wanted to post for anyone curious enough to see for themselves that indeed a governor has a lot of power and can shut businesses down. But of course they don't have absolute power as you mention. In theory no one person does to date in the USA.

NeedforLMspeed
07-20-2020, 02:17 PM
How are beer sales and fire codes in any way related to the virus? They need a valid reason to take away any of those licenses. An illness is not a valid reason.

Stop playing dumb.

Mister Ricochet
07-20-2020, 02:20 PM
What people don't understand is of course there will be more "cases" in California, Florida and Texas. Why? Because they are the top 3 most populated states and they are testing way more people. The numbers in FL technically aren't correct. I believe they are way lower because it was uncovered last week that many testing labs aren't counting negative tests to offset the numbers and percentages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.local10.com/news/florida/2020/07/15/florida-department-of-health-confirms-some-labs-werent-reporting-negative-coronavirus-tests/%3foutputType=amp

(It's still all political left and media driven)

Dude, I am not at 4m.net of all places in this galaxy to discuss science, cultural geography and especially politics. Ever. I posted I understand DeWine's actions and a link for those who don't think 170 yr old Reuters is fake news that a governor under the US constitution can put restrictions on, regulate or shut a business down.

Nothing more nothing less.

NeedforLMspeed
07-20-2020, 02:23 PM
Your not here but your here anyway. Ok...

weatherman85
07-20-2020, 02:23 PM

Violating State health codes and guidelines are plenty reason enough. One might not agree that this is not really a health concern but the narrative is out there that it is. You can of course have your day in court to fight it but it's going to cost you a lot of money and likely weeks, months, or even years before it'd go to trial. Most tracks are not going to have the resources to fight that kind of fight.

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 02:28 PM
Violating State health codes and guidelines are plenty reason enough. One might not agree that this is not really a health concern but the narrative is out there that it is. You can of course have your day in court to fight it but it's going to cost you a lot of money and likely weeks, months, or even years before it'd go to trial. Most tracks are not going to have the resources to fight that kind of fight.

That's that problem...the liberals create these fake narratives to advance their agenda and people follow them like sheep. If people want their freedoms back they're eventually going to have to fight for them again like they did in 1776.

Mister Ricochet
07-20-2020, 02:35 PM
Your not here but your here anyway. Ok...

It's very very hard to win an argument with a smart person but impossible to win one with a stupid one. Now go get your shine box.

TS FAN
07-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Ohio Gov is not shutting down any private business. Lets understand this. I don't care to get into this free for all about a race track deciding to shut down. I do know what Dewine said in his news conference last week. He is asking for people to wear masks and distance, he is not shutting anything down again.

dirtcrazy4u
07-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Gearhead to you read what you post ? You want Americans to fight another civil war. Are you nutz ? It would ruin the economy, totally destroy it. You want to fight ? Vote every last one of them out of Washington DC come november. Then in 2 more years do the same thing. Quit this garbage talk you push. This is a racing forum but your just out on a cloud somewhere. You think your Daniel Boone or George Washington. War. Your nutz. Remember you control who the governors are, you control who sits in the Congress and senate. Do something come election day.

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 03:22 PM
Gearhead to you read what you post ? You want Americans to fight another civil war. Are you nutz ? It would ruin the economy, totally destroy it. You want to fight ? Vote every last one of them out of Washington DC come november. Then in 2 more years do the same thing. Quit this garbage talk you push. This is a racing forum but your just out on a cloud somewhere. You think your Daniel Boone or George Washington. War. Your nutz. Remember you control who the governors are, you control who sits in the Congress and senate. Do something come election day.

My point is it's easier just to ignore the government and keep the businesses open than to have another Civil War. So everyone just needs to ignore the stupid tyrants and live their lives normally as a free people. But businesses (ie racetracks) have to stay open in order for us to do that.

fryefan
07-20-2020, 06:01 PM
When the question came up in April can governors shut down businesses, schools and churches I did some research and easily found they could, but churches isn't cut and dried. I deleted those bookmarks and simply googled it again and posted the Reuters piece on it and yes I did click a couple links and was sorry to see the Lawfare link is dead. ......... It's not often I go there but they are linked or quoted in some articles I've read so I've been there and trust the site totally.

And a couple simply send you to the site but not to where they speak on the issue. Some links though give the info you're looking for.

I just wanted to post for anyone curious enough to see for themselves that indeed a governor has a lot of power and can shut businesses down. But of course they don't have absolute power as you mention. In theory no one person does to date in the USA.

They can definitely shut things down during a pandemic. The anti-government nut-jobs should move to a country that has no government and they would then appreciate that we do have one.

Phatdaddy
07-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Hillbilly & DTWC back to Lawrenceburg !!

Pennsboro32
07-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Hillbilly & DTWC back to Lawrenceburg !!

Hillbilly isn’t going anywhere home boy.

Buford.Justice
07-20-2020, 07:07 PM
That's that problem...the liberals create these fake narratives to advance their agenda and people follow them like sheep. If people want their freedoms back they're eventually going to have to fight for them again like they did in 1776.

Careful you are offending that fox guys feelings with real information.

ImCryn2
07-20-2020, 07:09 PM
My point is it's easier just to ignore the government and keep the businesses open than to have another Civil War. So everyone just needs to ignore the stupid tyrants and live their lives normally as a free people. But businesses (ie racetracks) have to stay open in order for us to do that.

Where I live the county does not need a reason to pull a liquor license. They decide who gets one and who doesn't and will take one away the minute you do something to upset them. You know what you can't do without that license? Buy or sell liquor. I'm fairly certain the food license works the same way. Take booze and food away from a racetracks revenue and it's suddenly not financially worth all the work.

We are beyond the point of just 'ignoring' the government, they got us by the balls. When that happens, your mind tends to follow. Best case scenario is to take it to court, but that's a lengthy and costly ordeal. They know this.

Buford.Justice
07-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Now the DTWC and Elroda World 100 are looking doubtful again.

Rajflyboy
07-20-2020, 07:22 PM
Government put a restraining order on Ace Speedway in North Carolina. I found that very interesting. I guess the track itself beat the daylights out of some driver and he went and got a restraining order But yes I agree we should protest and sue the governments for taking away freedoms. I thought restraining orders were against people and not objects.

GEAR_HEAD
07-20-2020, 07:55 PM
They can definitely shut things down during a pandemic. The anti-government nut-jobs should move to a country that has no government and they would then appreciate that we do have one.

It's not a pandemic anymore. The death counts no longer meet the criteria of a pandemic.

dirtcrazy4u
07-20-2020, 08:21 PM
The DTWC is a lucas race. It's going to lucas oil speedway.

NeedforLMspeed
07-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Should be East Bay. Just sayin'

Rajflyboy
07-20-2020, 08:36 PM
Where I live the county does not need a reason to pull a liquor license. They decide who gets one and who doesn't and will take one away the minute you do something to upset them. You know what you can't do without that license? Buy or sell liquor. I'm fairly certain the food license works the same way. Take booze and food away from a racetracks revenue and it's suddenly not financially worth all the work.We are beyond the point of just 'ignoring' the government, they got us by the balls. When that happens, your mind tends to follow. Best case scenario is to take it to court, but that's a lengthy and costly ordeal. They know this.Pretty much it in a nutshell.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-20-2020, 08:38 PM
You guys need to remember that Carl Short owns the promotion rights to the DTWC & The Hillbilly 100 - not Lucas Oil

Pennsboro32
07-20-2020, 09:02 PM
You guys need to remember that Carl Short owns the promotion rights to the DTWC & The Hillbilly 100 - not Lucas Oil

Exactly.

Third weekend in October in Missouri, no way.

Jim11h
07-20-2020, 09:42 PM
Imcryn2, I can't quote but......counties decide who gets how many available hours of operation etc but once have one you pay $ yearly and it's yours. Yes your correct they can get (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty and pull it but tracks could have outside vendors. So Joe- beer brings his truck and track makes deal 50 cents per beer or $1000 for night setup fee. Food can work same. There's ways around things legally that they don't wanna mess with cause in end could hurt their town festivals or county fairs etc

lurker
07-20-2020, 10:04 PM
Exactly. Third weekend in October in Missouri, no way.

Agreed. Question is, what track could Carl lease (or partner with) to hold either race? Then comes, what track has the grandstand capacity to make it financially feasible? And lastly, what State will not have capacity limitations, at that time? Maybe neither race happens this year?

Pennsboro32
07-21-2020, 05:48 AM
Agreed. Question is, what track could Carl lease (or partner with) to hold either race? Then comes, what track has the grandstand capacity to make it financially feasible? And lastly, what State will not have capacity limitations, at that time? Maybe neither race happens this year?

I believe the Hillbilly has the better chance to happen at Tyler County. As far as where the DTWC should go, I would also love to see it at Tyler but not sure it could be done.

Carl lives in Tennessee, maybe Smokey Mountain? Tennessee is one of the better states as far as restrictions go. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 06:39 AM
Yes-Carl lives In Knoxville, Tennessee about 30 minutes from Smoky Mountain. I am not quite sure Smoky has the seating capacity for the DTWC & they definitely don’t have the camping capacity.
1 other thing is they have a curfew. It’s hard to predict what states will allow racing in October- but planning & promoting has to take place well in advance.

FWIW:
Florence, Kentucky definitely has the seating/camping capacity for the DTWC. Don’t really know how Carl partners with Portsmouth. Does anyone know if it’s a lease deal or just a partnership between the 2. I personally have always thought the North/South & the DTWC don’t pay Lucas any fees. Lucas is tickled to death to have their name on these 2 events for their series. Plus the tracks get the Lucas oil promotions & support staff. I am probably dead wrong on my thinking- but the King family don’t need a series to make the North/South successful. The only problem would be if it wasn’t a series sanctioned event and then both Lucas & WOO scheduled against them - it would keep the tour drivers from attending. I think the DTWC is in the same boat other than Carl doesn’t own a racing facility. Seems like after moving around a bit- he has something working for al parties embolden at Portsmouth. Lots of folks don’t like Portsmouth- but it is a business decision for Carl -not a popularity contest.

Heck- we are inJuly now with this covid19 stuff- what will be going on in October- who in the heck knows- just isn’t looking very good for Crown Jewel Racing or college football.

Pennsboro32
07-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Thinking of some places the DTWC could relocate to.

Lawrenceburg
Tyler County possibly
Florence

Any other tracks in Indiana/Georgia/Tennessee that would be big enough for this type of an event?

ImCryn2
07-21-2020, 08:08 AM
Imcryn2, I can't quote but......counties decide who gets how many available hours of operation etc but once have one you pay $ yearly and it's yours. Yes your correct they can get (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty and pull it but tracks could have outside vendors. So Joe- beer brings his truck and track makes deal 50 cents per beer or $1000 for night setup fee. Food can work same. There's ways around things legally that they don't wanna mess with cause in end could hurt their town festivals or county fairs etc

Unfortunately it's only yours as long as you play by their rules. Joe-beer can bring his truck and sell beer, but he has to have that pesky license to do so, unless of course you're going to ignore the laws altogether which opens the door for the government to really cram it up your back side. lol Food trucks also have to be licensed, so you would need to ignore laws to do that also. Any time we allow the government to sell us privileges we are just allowing them to control us, at this point we are pretty much at their mercy if we want to do things legally.
I've attended events where the health department and the county have given the ok and all was good, but that's the key, getting their ok.

There's always the option of allowing fans to bring in their own food and booze for an additional fee, but I'm certain if they were dead set on you not holding the event you'd play he77 getting food and liquor licenses when things were allowed to open back up.

Not arguing with you, I just don't think there's a way to do it legally without the county's approval.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Would alcohol sales in the stands be a factor as well? Tennessee is in the Bible Belt!
I am sure Carl wants to remain at Portsmouth- seems to be working for all parties involved. Seating/parking/camping & fan turnout.
If Portsmouth can’t hold it this year- with timing being an issue at whatever date a decision is made- if Carl does decide to hold the DTWC at another venue- it’s seems that Florence ( if Kentucky is open) would be the logical choice. Reasons being- short notice preparation like a couple weeks ago for the Lucas doubleheader. They have all the needed facilities.
Just a note: I am not pro/con for if it’s moved from Portsmouth to go to Florence: just thinking that a last minute decision will probably be made which would lead into a short planning period for an alternate track. Florence has proved that can provide that.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the DTWC at Portsmouth & the North/South at Florence -as I have my usual reserved 4 seats for both. 🏁🏁

#FALSuperman
07-21-2020, 08:16 AM
How about sending the DTWC to West Plains?
Everyone seems to like that place.
Just an idea.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 08:56 AM
West Plains certainly has the facilities- but we have to remember -last minute decisions will have to be made concerning Portsmouth at the time & then if/where it is relocated to if Portsmouth can’t happen.
Also into the factors: It requires a partnership with Carl Short & alternate facility-both need to make money. Central location for fans/teams has to be considered. Especially for fans- motel/lodging- quick decisions and they need to be in a decent driving distance. It would be great to see West Plains back on the map for a big race -just not sure if the turnout would be great on short notice planning. When we were going to the Show-Me there we stayed in Mamouth Springs, Arkansas.

Another factor: If Portsmouth cannot host the DRWC: Where does Lucas Oil have their season ending grand finale-be it DTWC or something else???

NY DIRT
07-21-2020, 10:32 AM
This race is owned by Carl Short. It will be his decision as to where it will go. Hopefully, it will be sanctioned By Lucas but it is not a sure thing.

dirtcrazy4u
07-21-2020, 10:36 AM
Remember this race has a tv deal also. I have no clue what the track gets but I'm dang sure Carl short wants to keep that

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 10:44 AM
True & true- Carl Short is in charge of the DRWC name/race. Not to say Lucas or anybody else could have a big race that weekend- but without Carl Short’s involvement it cannot be called DTWC.

Pennsboro32
07-21-2020, 10:47 AM
This race is owned by Carl Short. It will be his decision as to where it will go. Hopefully, it will be sanctioned By Lucas but it is not a sure thing.

Would be kind of cool to see it unsanctioned. But I understand you would be taking the risk of Lucas running on top of it.

Clump O Clay
07-21-2020, 12:57 PM
These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.You really can't be this way in real life???? Living in this country provides us with certain rights, maybe you should read up on what those are and are other than ypur freedom of speech. The problem extends well past a race track and the very few who make their living in this industry.

HIGH ROLLER
07-21-2020, 01:29 PM
These tracks really need to stop giving in to these tyrannical dictators. The more racetracks and businesses give in to them the more powerful they become. The Constitution states that we are a free people. The tracks need to stop listening to the state governments and stay open. Leave it up to the people if they want to go racing or not. If everybody starts ignoring the government the less powerful they will become.

One track did and now it is shut down by a court order.

NeedforLMspeed
07-21-2020, 01:39 PM
Lernerville is running the $25k tonight for WoO. Says face masks are required to enter.

castone
07-21-2020, 01:52 PM
I don't believe the medical field can prove the masks (muzzles) does one thing to control rona, and it has been proven masks restricts air in and out common sense !

GEAR_HEAD
07-21-2020, 02:18 PM
You really can't be this way in real life???? Living in this country provides us with certain rights, maybe you should read up on what those are and are other than ypur freedom of speech. The problem extends well past a race track and the very few who make their living in this industry.

By "be that way in real life" you mean appreciative of the Constitution freedoms that people have fought and died for? Yeah, I am appreciative of those freedoms and it's sad that you aren't. According to the science this is no longer a pandemic and it's all a political ploy to take away our freedoms and you should be concerned by that. Why do you think Dems keep talking about the "New World Order"? And this nation wide "coin shortage" is a sham too. They want people to pay electronically so they can be tracked.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 02:35 PM
Every time Gearhead post gets just continues to show his ignorance!
This guy really is a “lost ball in high weeds.”

NeedforLMspeed
07-21-2020, 02:37 PM
People have been paying electronically for years. You think now they are just being tracked? Lmao

Pennsboro32
07-21-2020, 02:42 PM
By "be that way in real life" you mean appreciative of the Constitution freedoms that people have fought and died for? Yeah, I am appreciative of those freedoms and it's sad that you aren't. According to the science this is no longer a pandemic and it's all a political ploy to take away our freedoms and you should be concerned by that. Why do you think Dems keep talking about the "New World Order"? And this nation wide "coin shortage" is a sham too. They want people to pay electronically so they can be tracked.

LMAO. You don't think they can't already track you? You have a cell phone right? If you have a smart phone, they can track your location always, facial recognition, finger print, you enter all sorts of data into your phone everyday, for goodness sake, some people even enter their food intake on exercising apps. It knows everything about you.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Pennsboro

He thinks he is exempt from all rules/regulations the rest of us live by! Like I said yesterday- since he is on a racing forum he just “might” be a race fan? Not sure but he could just be a lost soul without a cause like all the other protesters. I still say Tony Stewart/Toger Slack should put Earl & Bernice’s statue in a very safe place and away from Gearhead!

JayD
07-21-2020, 03:28 PM
By "be that way in real life" you mean appreciative of the Constitution freedoms that people have fought and died for? Yeah, I am appreciative of those freedoms and it's sad that you aren't. According to the science this is no longer a pandemic and it's all a political ploy to take away our freedoms and you should be concerned by that. Why do you think Dems keep talking about the "New World Order"? And this nation wide "coin shortage" is a sham too. They want people to pay electronically so they can be tracked.No I think he meant clueless as to how a business is ran and must adhere to the law.

dirtcrazy4u
07-21-2020, 04:41 PM
I think it's really Blackie under another name :)

hausman
07-21-2020, 06:24 PM
Really guys/gals - come to Minneapolis and see what your Law & Order looks like. Amen Gear-Head...

hausman
07-21-2020, 06:26 PM
And the Reds are OK being tracked...OMG

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 06:31 PM
Hausman : maybe Gearhead can move from Pennsylvania to Minneapolis? Then the IQ would go up in both states!

NeedforLMspeed
07-21-2020, 06:33 PM
And the Reds are OK being tracked...OMG

I think it's impossible to not be somehow

hausman
07-21-2020, 06:39 PM
Yeah maybe FF2 - if you don't see what's going on in this country; well - I hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

JayD
07-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Hausman : maybe Gearhead can move from Pennsylvania to Minneapolis? Then the IQ would go up in both states!lolololol hahahaha

mcarter815
07-21-2020, 08:41 PM
I don't believe the medical field can prove the masks (muzzles) does one thing to control rona, and it has been proven masks restricts air in and out common sense !

Surgeons can wear a mask during a sixteen hour surgery, but some of you can't wear a mask for the hour it takes to buy groceries.

Buford.Justice
07-21-2020, 09:07 PM
Surgeons can wear a mask during a sixteen hour surgery, but some of you can't wear a mask for the hour it takes to buy groceries.

Who wants to wear a mask just to make the Communist party happy???

foxfire2dirtracing
07-21-2020, 09:12 PM
Oh no- Buford T. justice also known as “WALKING TALL” with a big stick is back!!

non driving fool
07-22-2020, 11:40 AM
I think it's really Blackie under another name :) I don't think so ---he's waaaay to stupid to be Blackie!

Jking24
07-22-2020, 12:03 PM
A couple of things worth mentioning here 1st they do not sell alcohol at prp so non of that matters, secondly gear head is not far off the mark. The state government has the right to shut down businesses in the name of safety during a pandemic the problem is their is no longer any thing close to a pandemic or for that matter was their ever. Just look at the numbers. Yes the virus is real but it's not a pandemic so their is no reason for businesses to be shut down.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Above post by jking24 does not deserve a reply! Absolute stupidity!!

Pennsboro32
07-22-2020, 01:14 PM

You can't talk sense into some people.

weatherman85
07-22-2020, 03:06 PM
A couple of things worth mentioning here 1st they do not sell alcohol at prp so non of that matters, secondly gear head is not far off the mark. The state government has the right to shut down businesses in the name of safety during a pandemic the problem is their is no longer any thing close to a pandemic or for that matter was their ever. Just look at the numbers. Yes the virus is real but it's not a pandemic so their is no reason for businesses to be shut down.

How is it not a pandemic? All a pandemic is is a disease that has become prevalent and spread over a whole country or the world. This thing started in China and marched West through all of Europe and to the USA. I'd say that is a pandemic. Now, you can argue and I agree to a certain extent that it is not a very "deadly" pandemic. Not sure if that's what you're meaning by this thing not being a pandemic but some users on here seem to think it can only be a pandemic if it has a high mortality rate.

Jking24
07-22-2020, 08:13 PM
How is it not a pandemic? All a pandemic is is a disease that has become prevalent and spread over a whole country or the world. This thing started in China and marched West through all of Europe and to the USA. I'd say that is a pandemic. Now, you can argue and I agree to a certain extent that it is not a very "deadly" pandemic. Not sure if that's what you're meaning by this thing not being a pandemic but some users on here seem to think it can only be a pandemic if it has a high mortality rate.You are correct it is a pandemic by definition but it is not a national health crisis at this point worthy of shutting down businesses and restricting our basic constitutional rights in the name of public safety witch is what the power hungry states are doing. Check the numbers. Covid is currently slightly more deadly than the flu witch we've had a vaccine for somthing like 60 years for. And we know how to treat it. Also many states are fudging the numbers to keep getting federal assistance. My state claims their testing 20,000 people a day yet the test results for positive and negative results never exceed 14-15,000 wday happens to the other 5000 test ? This isn't a conspiracy theory. I look at the numbers everyday. I know people who went to get tested signed in got mad after waiting over an hour and left. Three days later they got their positive test results. But that's neither here nor their. If a pandemic that infects a little over 1%of the population and kills 4%of that 1% is enough to take away our constitutional rights then we're all in trouble. And i don't care about how many people may of had it that we didn't know about because the same can be said for any other disease out their

ZERO25
07-22-2020, 08:33 PM

Pandemic or SCAMdemic?

Raceready
07-23-2020, 12:44 AM
Pandemic or SCAMdemic?Or perhaps a PLANdemic ???????????????

Pennsboro32
07-23-2020, 05:44 AM
Or perhaps a PLANdemic ???????????????

You read too many fake Facebook news stories.

obamaracing#1
07-23-2020, 06:03 AM
More to come folks. With the idiot the White House we are headed for a severe recession. By the way whatever happened about that wall, drain the swamp, locker her up, .....???

ZERO25
07-23-2020, 10:56 PM
More to come folks. With the idiot the White House we are headed for a severe recession. By the way whatever happened about that wall, drain the swamp, locker her up, .....???

NUFF SAID.......when I see your username!

NeedforLMspeed
07-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Severe recession from what? Because the left and the media want you to believe what THEY want you to believe.

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 04:21 PM

Actually I will give his post the reply it truly deserves. And that being one of spot on intelligence. Now go melt. hehe

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 04:25 PM

That is not a valid comparison. You know a surgeon has a valid reason and purpose because of direct threats of actual infection. On the other hand you have NO PROOF of a silly mask preventing squat when a person is no way near another person or not. You are just blindly complying with your God of man made laws by a pack of Communists. hehe

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 04:28 PM
How is it not a pandemic? All a pandemic is is a disease that has become prevalent and spread over a whole country or the world. This thing started in China and marched West through all of Europe and to the USA. I'd say that is a pandemic. Now, you can argue and I agree to a certain extent that it is not a very "deadly" pandemic. Not sure if that's what you're meaning by this thing not being a pandemic but some users on here seem to think it can only be a pandemic if it has a high mortality rate.

Then all FLUS are pandemics too, right??? It's all been planned and executed, did you know that?

foxfire2dirtracing
07-24-2020, 04:38 PM
Buford T Justice- Walking Tall with a big stick is back with his foolishness! Thought he was in Portland with his buddies the rioters/looters. Don’t you feel sorry for his family and neighbors?

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 04:48 PM
fox, I'm not the one supporting the anarchy, you are, either knowingly or unknowingly.

As a partriotic American and for what it has been intended to stand for, I see you as not that at all.

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 05:02 PM
Now getting back to the subject at hand and away from the usual baiting, how about we discuss PRP as it is sad to see this great place missing out on an entire season practically. This track has had one of the best weekly pograms in the nation as far as quality and quantity of late models, and support classes. When prepped right the racing is second to none in Ohio also.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-24-2020, 06:47 PM
You are no more Patriotic than the lost souls tearing down our nations statues. Your slogan at the end of your post says all we need to know about you- “outraged”!
You try to have a good night and week end without getting your panties in a wad!

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Yet another totally hypocritical statement. If it were up to me they would arrest anyone touching a statue period yet you are the one supporting the people that are allowing them to be torn down without a single word of objection.

Rajflyboy
07-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Portsmouth.. can’t they roll across the river to Kentucky and grade a track in and still call it Portsmouth? They might be allowed to race over yonder. 😜😁

weatherman85
07-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Then all FLUS are pandemics too, right??? It's all been planned and executed, did you know that?

When it’s a new mutated strain that spreads fast like the H1N1 or the Spanish flu yes. The general flu that usually slightly mutates from year-to-year no. It’s had centuries to spread bs a short time you freaking idiot.

weatherman85
07-24-2020, 09:01 PM

When it’s a new mutated strain that spreads fast like the H1N1 or the Spanish flu yes. The general flu that usually slightly mutates from year-to-year no. It’s had centuries to spread vs a short time on a global scale you freaking idiot.

Buford.Justice
07-24-2020, 09:07 PM
Time will tell who the idiot is. I'll be holding the cigar and lighter and be sure and get back with you. :)

mcarter815
07-25-2020, 10:25 AM
That is not a valid comparison. You know a surgeon has a valid reason and purpose because of direct threats of actual infection. On the other hand you have NO PROOF of a silly mask preventing squat when a person is no way near another person or not. You are just blindly complying with your God of man made laws by a pack of Communists. hehe

There is no harm to wearing a mask and the potential for a lot of good. The risk to reward makes it an easy choice.

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 10:29 AM
Apparently masks don’t matter that muchhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/mask-mischief-11595625179

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 10:30 AM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/mask-mischief-11595625179

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 10:31 AM
https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/anthony-fauci-denies-hypocrisy-after-watching-game-without-mask/

Buford.Justice
07-25-2020, 05:48 PM
https://www.eatthis.com/face-masks-side-effects/

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 07:42 PM
They are a pain in this heat