PDA

View Full Version : So much racing on TV tonight ...

TerryM
07-24-2020, 07:38 PM
... it makes it difficult to figure out how to organize them all. Of course the heats at I-80 will be priority #1, but we’ll be trying to see as much as we can of the others too. Nice problem to have.

champion24
07-24-2020, 07:50 PM
I think it will get "worse" when more racing is put on by the same provider! But you're right, nice problem! I can't keep up though! We're all getting older & my mind is slipping more & more

JayD
07-24-2020, 07:53 PM
I’m really enjoying my Fast Pass on Dirtvision, unfortunately I won’t see the I-80 race but looking forward to Kokomo and Cedar Lake and of course all the sprint car stuff when I can fit it in between the late models.

Birky.Fan
07-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Summer nationals on TV, woo sprints on the tablet.

Rajflyboy
07-24-2020, 08:10 PM
468$$$$ for a year of dirtvision. That’s called “all in”

Pennsboro32
07-24-2020, 09:03 PM
I need another two to three TVs. Watching Lucas on the big tv, summer nationals on small one, southern nationals on iPhone.

bullring
07-25-2020, 06:46 AM
Just curious how you guys watch on tv. I have to hook up my laptop or iphone to tv to watch. Is there a way to watch on tv without being connected by a hdmi cable?

Packin' Meat
07-25-2020, 07:06 AM
Just curious how you guys watch on tv. I have to hook up my laptop or iphone to tv to watch. Is there a way to watch on tv without being connected by a hdmi cable?If you have a smart TV and smartphone, you can cast it directly from your phone to your TV. No wires involved. Unfortunately it is just like a screen mirror so whatever you're doing on your phone shows up on the TV. If you're someone who gets a lot of texts or notifications, then that might be a nuisance.

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 07:07 AM
Just curious how you guys watch on tv. I have to hook up my laptop or iphone to tv to watch. Is there a way to watch on tv without being connected by a hdmi cable?Basically a WIFI capable tv

Bob Hubbard
07-25-2020, 07:18 AM
Yup .... I like it

bullring
07-25-2020, 07:59 AM
Basically a WIFI capable tv

I have a smart tv with WiFi but can’t download any new apps other than what it came with. It is several years old. Can you download apps like Lucasoiltv or dirtvision on the newer ones?

TUTY
07-25-2020, 08:17 AM
New smart tv. Go to internet and put DirtVision in search bar. Log in user name and password and I’m live.

weatherman85
07-25-2020, 08:42 AM
If you have. Roku device then you can download Floracing’s app as they have one for Roku. Assuming you have a subscription of course. I’ve been streaming the southern national races to my TV with a chromecast device. They’re only $29.99.

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 09:52 AM
Not sure about the smart tv’s. I use an iPad.

TerryM
07-25-2020, 10:40 AM
We use Roku also, and the FloRacing app. We also have the LORTV app on Roku, so we just bounce from race to race with a couple clicks of the Roku remote. I’m still somewhat in awe that we can watch dirt late models on our TV almost every night, along with sprints and modifieds. It’s dirt racing heaven. We’ve become big sprint racing fans, thanks to FloRacing. Got the yearly subscription a couple months ago and have watched a bunch of sprint shows, including probably a dozen or more of Kyle Larson’s wins. We’re even looking for a big sprint show to attend sometime, something I’ve done less than ten times in my whole life. Also, I know some people were concerned that races being available on TV would hurt live attendance, but from what I can tell, all of these shows have packed grandstands.

Mister Ricochet
07-25-2020, 12:42 PM
Just curious how you guys watch on tv. I have to hook up my laptop or iphone to tv to watch. Is there a way to watch on tv without being connected by a hdmi cable?

This can get confusing. I'm no expert for sure but wanna add something and keep it as simple as possible.

On my older tv, probably much like yours, I plugged a 29 dollar Roku stick into my tv's HDMI port. My wireless internet router recognized the Roku stick on my tv. On my computer I went into my new Roku account. From there you have 100 or more "apps" you can add for FREE and they show up on my tv. Lucas Oil racing was one of them which I added from my COMPUTER.

Now when I turn on my tv all the "apps" I added show up on the screen and Lucas Oil Racing is one of them. Simply click the Lucas Oil Racing app and your watching it on your tv.

Now WoO, Dirtvision or DoD can't be done this way. As of now, and that may change, they are not on Roku or any other "platform".

NeedforLMspeed
07-25-2020, 12:52 PM
I don't have this problem because I dont watch any streaming events or ppvs due to being at work

Dirt Racing #1
07-25-2020, 01:12 PM
Just curious how you guys watch on tv. I have to hook up my laptop or iphone to tv to watch. Is there a way to watch on tv without being connected by a hdmi cable?If you have smart tvYou can just go to the web via tvI use my smart tv or use my Apple adapter hooked up to hdm1 via iPhone to tv

TerryM
07-25-2020, 02:14 PM
I don't have this problem because I dont watch any streaming events or ppvs due to being at work
All of the races on FloRacing and LORTV are archived. You can watch them any time you want and as often as you want. You can select heats, consy’s, feature, etc, or you can watch the entire live broadcast again. Lots of options already, and keeps getting better.

chathamracefan
07-25-2020, 02:22 PM
Fire stick plugged into the hdmi port of tv works great. Fire has a web browser app that you can download and the. Use that go get to the website with the video like dirtvision. Also flo and Lucas have a built in app that you can download to watch those.

Mister Ricochet
07-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Terry, if I have this correct Lucas is 99 bucks, Flo is 150 bucks and Dirtvision is 40 a month the best deal by far is Lucas. And DoD at 12 a month gives you rundowns and previews in text and 7-10 minute video of WoO and Lucas features as well as short clips of the heats. They also have staff writers that give you LM news from around the USA .

I have to make a decision soon and think I'm going with the Lucas and DoD subscriptions. I really only want or watch LM so Flo gives me much more than I need, don't need their college football either, and WoO is out of control at 40 a month.

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 02:34 PM
468 for the year. I don’t know. I will try the others as well.

Mister Ricochet
07-25-2020, 03:26 PM
One month of the Summer Nats and WoO LM was worth the 40 bucks for 1 month of Dirtvision but that's enough. Even if I were a Sprint fan that's still 20 a month each for WoO Sprints and LM for the Dirtvision subscription.

All said and done DoD at 12 a month is the best deal but I have a feeling when they merge with Flo we're screwed. My guess is they won't allow you just the DoD and make you pay for the Flo package with the college football, soap box car and kite races to get DoD. ............ Oh well, DoD will have been nice while it lasted.

TerryM
07-25-2020, 03:43 PM
We got the Dirtvision FastPass for 30 days last year for the Summernationals, but otherwise we don’t do DirtVision. I’m not paying $500 a year for anything on TV when there’s so many other options for far less.

Rajflyboy
07-25-2020, 07:44 PM
Choices. So many choices.