PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Babb needs to sell that Piece of $hit Bloomquist car!

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-25-2020, 09:21 PM
What a f’n joke he is in that dumb a$$ car... as a Babb fan it’s tough to watch....

t4g2
07-25-2020, 09:34 PM
I agree but not surprised wasn't a big fan of it to begin with and haven't watched him in a bloomer car all year. I'll watch him in rocket. As I know bloomquist car is for big races.

Josh Bayko
07-25-2020, 09:38 PM
It doesn’t fit his driving style at all.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-25-2020, 09:49 PM
People think there's some sort of magic in those Bloomquist cars. Nope! They aren't for everyone.

intel8
07-25-2020, 10:22 PM
Bloomquist camp been in front of us all weekend, not impressed. Where does he get his help from now the retirement home?

tigwelder
07-25-2020, 10:27 PM
Babb is over the hill. has nothing to do with the car.

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-25-2020, 10:30 PM

And you sir are an idiot...

Tireguy17
07-25-2020, 10:56 PM
He either needs to sell it or race it every night. You can’t run a Rocket most nights and save the Zero car for “big races” and intend to compete. It may not fit his style but this system isn’t doing him any favors.

JayD
07-25-2020, 11:00 PM
It has to be difficult to be switching between two different chassis.

BloomerWon
07-25-2020, 11:09 PM

This coming from a 12 year old...

tigwelder
07-25-2020, 11:23 PM
it says he is a senior member.

BloomerWon
07-25-2020, 11:52 PM
it says he is a senior member.

Yes it does. Now go get yourself some milk n cookies and get off moms computer. Then go to bed!

Dirt Racing #1
07-26-2020, 12:07 AM
Babb likes to run the cushion hard Bloomer chassis isn’t setup for that style of racing It’s more running the middle/bottom I don’t see Babb back in bloomer chassis next year. May not make all this year in it

fryefan
07-26-2020, 12:29 AM
People think there's some sort of magic in those Bloomquist cars. Nope! They aren't for everyone.

Agreed. The Scott brothers are much faster in the XR-1 Rockets than they were in the Bloomquist cars.

With that being said, they seem to fit Ricky Weiss and Chris Ferguson though.

Dirt Racing #1
07-26-2020, 12:32 AM
I think Marlar & E p j driving styles would fit bloomer chassis. Don’t think it is going to happen

Dirt Racing #1
07-26-2020, 12:33 AM
Agreed. The Scott brothers are much faster in the XR-1 Rockets than they were in the Bloomquist cars. With that being said, they seem to fit Ricky Weiss and Chris Ferguson though.Dale McDowell toHe is a threat at any trackBut he basically sticks to the south closer to home

Dirt Racing #1
07-26-2020, 12:38 AM
Agreed. The Scott brothers are much faster in the XR-1 Rockets than they were in the Bloomquist cars. With that being said, they seem to fit Ricky Weiss and Chris Ferguson though.One of the scott brothers was running good in bloomer chassis last year I don’t think they are doing all that much better with rocket As far as in Lucas series The one has a couple m l r a wins

dirtcrazy4u
07-26-2020, 07:17 AM
The bloomquist and xr-1 take different driving styles. For a driver that isn't as easy at it sounds. It also takes a seat of the pants comfort feeling and it's just not there when he climbs in the Bloomquist car.

I still can't grasp if it's team drydene why is Ricky Weiss running so well and the others look like they are out to lunch ? Me, I have to wonder how long Cody sticks around. He just doesn't seem to be a guy who rides the highs and lows.

Rocket
07-26-2020, 09:02 AM
None of these cars are magic. I've owned and driven several different chassis and you just have to get use to the chassis and how it reacts to track conditions. Weiss has his chassis figured out because he's stuck with it for a while. Don't forget McDowell although mostly regional he can run and win about anywhere. My $.02

dirt junkie
07-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Get the Rocket dialed in
Run the Hell tour
Bang cushions
Win races
Sell t-shirts
Forget Bloomquist

foxfire2dirtracing
07-26-2020, 12:12 PM
Just wondering:

Are these comments a feel bad story for Babb or anti- Bloomquist reply’s. Some are great prospective s while others are just - ??

18mmod
07-26-2020, 12:25 PM
Get the Rocket dialed in
Run the Hell tour
Bang cushions
Win races
Sell t-shirts
Forget Bloomquist

Not a huge Babb fan but I really like this idea!

NeedforLMspeed
07-26-2020, 12:27 PM
I'm guessing anti Bloomquist.....

foxfire2dirtracing
07-26-2020, 12:35 PM
There is a common denominator between the 2: Ed Petroff.

NeedforLMspeed
07-26-2020, 01:14 PM
Agreed. The Scott brothers are much faster in the XR-1 Rockets than they were in the Bloomquist cars.

They are? Stormy has used just as many provisionals as Colton Flinner did in 2016

ImCryn2
07-26-2020, 02:09 PM
They are? Stormy has used just as many provisionals as Colton Flinner did in 2016

Well they certainly do not look any worse in the Rocket cars.

ZERO25
07-26-2020, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing anti Bloomquist.....

They gotta blame it on somebody!

Bloomer came from the back to the top 10 pretty quick and was turning laps as fast as the leaders. Then 10 laps to go, they fell way off. Dont know if it was the chassis or outa shape driver!

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-26-2020, 03:52 PM

Bloomer came from the back to the top 10 pretty quick and was turning laps as fast as the leaders. Then 10 laps to go, they fell way off. Dont know if it was the chassis or outa shape driver!

When Scott came out of the pits, he was 18th... he got back to 9th with the help of cautions and people pitting and finished 11th... coming “from the back” is quite the exaggeration...

formercrewguy
07-26-2020, 04:47 PM
He was also on new rubber when he came back out.

BloomerWon
07-26-2020, 04:58 PM
I agree Babb needs to dump the old hippies car...

HIGH ROLLER
07-26-2020, 05:07 PM

Neither its called funny tires as hes known for

ZERO25
07-26-2020, 10:04 PM
When Scott came out of the pits, he was 18th... he got back to 9th with the help of cautions and people pitting and finished 11th... coming “from the back” is quite the exaggeration.

So the transponder is a liar.......interesting! smh

ImCryn2
07-26-2020, 10:35 PM
As cars go by the scoring loop the transponder signal is picked up, the system doesn't know if it's a yellow or green flag lap. If Scott was stopped in the pits for more than a lap the scoring on the transponder would be wrong because he's not on the track for his transponder to show him completing the same laps as everyone else. This could cause cars a lap down to be scored ahead of him even. The official scorer is tasked with getting everyone lined up correctly by basically eliminating the yellow flag laps and putting cars that pitted or caused the yellow to the back of the lead lap.
I'm not assuming you don't know how it works, or that this was the case, I'm more explaining what could have happened for others who may not know.

ZERO25
07-26-2020, 10:51 PM
As cars go by the scoring loop the transponder signal is picked up, the system doesn't know if it's a yellow or green flag lap. If Scott was stopped in the pits for more than a lap the scoring on the transponder would be wrong because he's not on the track for his transponder to show him completing the same laps as everyone else. This could cause cars a lap down to be scored ahead of him even. The official scorer is tasked with getting everyone lined up correctly by basically eliminating the yellow flag laps and putting cars that pitted or caused the yellow to the back of the lead lap.
I'm not assuming you don't know how it works, or that this was the case, I'm more explaining what could have happened for others who may not know.

I was referring to lap times!

ImCryn2
07-26-2020, 10:53 PM

Ahhh, my bad. It appeared you two was bickering about where he restarted the race after pitting.

TBSprintFan
07-27-2020, 12:55 AM

New tires compared to old tires. So I wouldn't go bragging up old Scott lol

riddle28
07-27-2020, 06:28 AM
as a big babb fan he hasnt exactly set the world on fire the last few years in any brand, maybe a few ump wins around illinois but nothing national level

Highside Hustler25
07-27-2020, 07:06 AM
as a big babb fan he hasnt exactly set the world on fire the last few years in any brand, maybe a few ump wins around illinois but nothing national level

Shannon is racing less now that he's married and has kids. Years ago, he'd never miss a Hell Tour race unless it conflicted with a big race, Now he picks and chooses. And I have no problem with that but it could be why he seems to be a tick off now days.

batman
07-27-2020, 10:02 AM
Get the Rocket dialed in
Run the Hell tour
Bang cushions
Win races
Sell t-shirts
Forget Bloomquist

Agree 100 percent but if you want to know the best Babb ever was is when he did that but in the rayburn won 20 races ever year never could understand why he ever changed still win 20 on the summer nationals in a rayburn

cgrace
07-27-2020, 11:12 AM
A few years ago, Babb really struggled in his transition to Rocket. A year or so ago, he disliked one of his Rockets badly till he rolled out another. Owens struggled for a few years and is on-fire this year. It comes and goes with drivers, cars and chassis. It could be crew has changed, funding changed, there are multiple factors. Only the Rocket House car seems consistent from year to year.

NeedforLMspeed
07-27-2020, 11:25 AM
I think the one car he didn't like only had like 7 races on it. If that.

Owens went back to running Ohlins shocks and Vic Hill engines. Helps when you have someone as knowledgeable about the cars like Cody and Jimmy's brother working on it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Agree 100 percent but if you want to know the best Babb ever was is when he did that but in the rayburn won 20 races ever year never could understand why he ever changed still win 20 on the summer nationals in a rayburn

The only place to get a Rayburn now is the classified ads.

NeedforLMspeed
07-27-2020, 11:39 AM
The only place to get a Rayburn now is the classified ads.

With a 525 crate .....

ImCryn2
07-27-2020, 01:01 PM

He got out of the rayburns for the same reason everyone else has. There was a day when rayburn was the best car to have, those days went away prolly 10+ years ago. It happens with most chassis brands, rayburn just never recovered. I'm not bashing the cars, it's better to be a has been than a never was.

ZERO25
07-27-2020, 09:30 PM
New tires compared to old tires. So I wouldn't go bragging up old Scott lol

You know for sure he put new tires on......very few do that!

TBSprintFan
07-28-2020, 02:52 AM
You know for sure he put new tires on......very few do that!

If they weren't new, then they did not have as many laps on them as the rest of the cars still in the race that didn't pit or were a softer compound as he didn't have to worry about running a full 101 laps on them.

t4g2
07-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Babb has been in rocket for 9 years now with 3 decent /good years meaning double digit wins other than that not so much.

HIGH ROLLER
07-28-2020, 09:36 AM
If they weren't new, then they did not have as many laps on them as the rest of the cars still in the race that didn't pit or were a softer compound as he didn't have to worry about running a full 101 laps on them.

What your tryn to say....... they have a lil special juice on them!🤫🤫🤫

TurboTurtle17
07-28-2020, 09:55 AM
None of these cars are magic. I've owned and driven several different chassis and you just have to get use to the chassis and how it reacts to track conditions. Weiss has his chassis figured out because he's stuck with it for a while. Don't forget McDowell although mostly regional he can run and win about anywhere. My $.02you are more than correct though mister Rocker. Not a single one these chassis out there are magic. They seriously are all based off the very first original dirt late model chassis, a full complete late model. Most of all now days all chassis are basically based off driver personal preference what works best for them. (Rocker/ Bloomquist/ BWRC, Mastersbilt) they all started from somewhere. All started out inside another man's heads. His thoughts an idea's! Pick one drive it get commfy with it. not fast go ahead try another BRAND!

ZERO25
07-28-2020, 10:24 PM

So those "new" tires suddenly quit working with 10 to go.......Bloomer must not be using the right juice!

TBSprintFan
07-29-2020, 03:05 AM
So those "new" tires suddenly quit working with 10 to go.......Bloomer must not be using the right juice!

It doesn't matter what tires were on that car tonight, he just plain $ucked, outside front row and fell back to 5th but got back to fourth, feature was just about to be lapped again tonight and a flat tire saved him from going a lap down. Weiss tonight looked awful in the feature. So like the headline states these Bloomquist cars are $hit. It would be nice to see Weiss in a MB Custom.

dirtcrazy4u
07-29-2020, 05:39 AM
It was said bloomer decided to who he would sell cars to. Think you mite see a few cars sitting in the grass in Tennessee 4 sale cheap if they can't figure something out. Maybe Scott should get back in the warrior house car because he surely misses randy sweets input.

NeedforLMspeed
07-29-2020, 06:06 AM
It would be nice to see Weiss in a MB Custom.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind you buying him two.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-29-2020, 08:07 AM
And who at Warrior would be able to help him out- Knucles or King- ?? Come-on man get real!

TBSprintFan
07-30-2020, 12:36 AM
I'm sure he wouldn't mind you buying him two.

And believe me, if I had the money I would.

MADCAPRACING22
07-30-2020, 08:28 AM
10 fo 69 goober must be a Rocket dingleberry. Are you the edgy spokesman for Rocket Chassis? What a goober. Every post sounds like a meth mouth.

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-30-2020, 08:46 AM
10 fo 69 goober must be a Rocket dingleberry. Are you the edgy spokesman for Rocket Chassis? What a goober. Every post sounds like a meth mouth.

No... the Results of Babb in the Bloomquist car are proof. He’s been absolutely awful
in it but competitive in his Rockets that he runs when he doesn’t run the Bloomquist car in select races. Meth mouth? Have you tried to read any of your posts?

This is evidently what unintelligent a$$clowns are like when they have a love affair with Chris Tilley... lol

TurboTurtle17
07-30-2020, 09:26 AM
ok once again he has been in a rocket for a while now! Heck he was in a rocket when he drove for boyer racing! That was like 2009 / 2010 when he finally stepped away from rayburn! Heck he even had a pierce car for a weee short time!

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-30-2020, 10:00 AM
ok once again he has been in a rocket for a while now! Heck he was in a rocket when he drove for boyer racing! That was like 2009 / 2010 when he finally stepped away from rayburn! Heck he even had a pierce car for a weee short time!

And a Victory Circle by Moyer

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-30-2020, 10:18 AM
It doesn't matter what tires were on that car tonight, he just plain $ucked, outside front row and fell back to 5th but got back to fourth, feature was just about to be lapped again tonight and a flat tire saved him from going a lap down. Weiss tonight looked awful in the feature. So like the headline states these Bloomquist cars are $hit. It would be nice to see Weiss in a MB Custom.

I remember Weiss before Bloomquist. He was pretty ordinary at best.

TBSprintFan
07-30-2020, 10:47 AM

He hasn't been in SLM for all to long, so you can consider that some of a learning curve, but he is a multi time Wissota Late Model Champion and a NLRA champion. In 13years of racing, he has over 100 wins. So I would say that's more than being pretty ordinary at best, even in other chassis's. With the passing of Randy Sweet, I don't see good things coming for Bloomquist chassis.

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-30-2020, 11:12 AM
He’s been in a late model for 11 and 1/2 of those 13 years... ... so I’m not sure what you consider “all that long”

Rajflyboy
07-30-2020, 11:24 AM
Bloomer chassis isn’t that bad. It may need tweaking but that’s every chassis

Jking24
07-30-2020, 11:40 AM
Rajflyboy, it's not really about the actual chassis it's the information and support that come from running them. Yeah theirs a tweak here or their. But i personally think the chassis them selves are not gonna change a whole lot in the near future. Pre rumley longhorn and xr1 really pre spring smashing. Flex was a big part of a chassis. That has went by the wayside and between that and travel capabilities. It's what outdated the previous generation of chassis. Unless they stop checking engine setback most chassis are traveling about as much as your gonna travel. And short of trickery amongst the big guys trying to get Around certain rules. I think the current breed of chassis is going to be competitive for quite awhile so long as the information line that goes with it is their. And that frankly is where the bloomquist chassis have always fell short. In the last year I've heard both wies and the Scott Brothers say they don't get much help from scott they just kinda do their own thing. And i can guarantee you that the McDowells don't need bloomquist in that department.

Rajflyboy
07-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Scott doesn’t like to give away secrets (no secret about that). Yes maybe that hurts the overall package.

Jking24
07-30-2020, 11:50 AM
I remember Weiss before Bloomquist. He was pretty ordinary at best.not taking anything away from the bloomquist chassis but i think weis accent could be more accredited to what he's learned from Scott then the cars themselves. He was very average but has learned how to race smarter and be their at the end.

Rajflyboy
07-30-2020, 12:04 PM
What ever happened to Landers in the 7 car? Did the accident end his driving?

Jking24
07-30-2020, 12:30 PM
What ever happened to Landers in the 7 car? Did the accident end his driving?Him and his dad had a falling out. That is essentially the ride davenport has. Jared Landers was driving the Larry mooring #1 car last year that Chad simpson has been in recently. I'm not sure what happened with that deal but i haven't heard anything else about him. It's ashame because he was really just starting to get going good and had alot of potential in my opinion.

NeedforLMspeed
07-30-2020, 12:39 PM
Him and his dad had a falling out. That is essentially the ride davenport has. Jared Landers was driving the Larry mooring #1 car last year that Chad simpson has been in recently. I'm not sure what happened with that deal but i haven't heard anything else about him. It's ashame because he was really just starting to get going good and had alot of potential in my opinion.
Didn't they go to I-80 and broke the motor in hotlaps then something else broke and they called it a weekend and never did anything after. Might be wrong somewhere in there though.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Jared is in the auto sales business- but works for his uncles and not his dad- Lance Landers. Lance sold his part of the family dealerships to his brother & signed a 5 year no compete claus. Shorty after he was back in bussiness under the name: Mark Martin Ford (Batesville, Arkansas) The elder Landers brothers have had many court battles with Lance thru the years. Jared isn’t the only one that can’t get along with him! Just curious as to how long his marriage to Davenport will last without winning Lucas championships?

TeNfOMaFiA69
07-30-2020, 02:17 PM
I mean... this might be the first year they haven’t won it...

foxfire2dirtracing
07-30-2020, 02:45 PM
Yes you are right(he still might win it)- but Lance has stated in the past he is in it for the championships. He dumps a ton of cash in that team. They also have some very good sponsors as well. I haven’t seen Gavin’s name this year- anyone know if he is still racing?

NeedforLMspeed
07-30-2020, 02:59 PM
I kinda assumed at one time some of the winnings from Davenport went to paying the repair bills for Gavin's tore up cars.

Cooter Davenport
09-12-2020, 08:23 AM
Looks like that piece of sh!t out ran the field last night....

Rajflyboy
09-12-2020, 08:30 AM
Looks like that piece of sh!t out ran the field last night....Amen brother 👍. I had forgotten about this thread. Good find.

Krooser
09-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Yep...no dog in this hunt but the new Babbmobile won $50k and was built by Cody Summer...

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2020, 12:43 PM
not taking anything away from the bloomquist chassis but i think weis accent could be more accredited to what he's learned from Scott then the cars themselves. He was very average but has learned how to race smarter and be their at the end.

I don't disagree. There are very few magical cars out there.

Dlmfan123
09-17-2020, 01:15 PM
Yep...no dog in this hunt but the new Babbmobile won $50k and was built by Cody Summer...Where did babb win 50k?

Josh Bayko
09-17-2020, 01:17 PM

He was pretty solid when he was teaming with Vic Hill.

dirtcrazy4u
09-17-2020, 02:06 PM
If weiss moves out of the Bloomquist cars and they have a falling out I wonder what drydene does ? I've heard they are the primary on his car and not team zero.

I would like to see him in a MB customs car. The Mars are quietly building a good pc in both SLM and IMCA style mods.

What does the B stand for in MB customs ?

Rajflyboy
09-17-2020, 02:09 PM
B = built I’m guessing

TBSprintFan
09-17-2020, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=dirtcrazy4u;2357683]If weiss moves out of the Bloomquist cars and they have a falling out I wonder what drydene does ? I've heard they are the primary on his car and not team zero.

I would like to see him in a MB customs car. The Mars are quietly building a good pc in both SLM and IMCA style mods.

What does the B stand for in MB customs ?[/QUOTE

Before I think it was Mars Birkhofer but now I would guess Mars Brothers (Jimmy & Chris).

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2020, 05:38 PM
I guess Ernie and all the other naysayers need to tell Babb his car is a POS. Being the rookie he is, he must not know the feel of a car, if it’s a POS to everyone but him.

I think the cars are good, the service and good technical support would be the weak link. Though maybe with Cody on board they are trying to have better service. But last I knew, they couldn’t even get enough people to build them.

Until they had good service, I wouldn’t touch one.

t4g2
09-17-2020, 10:28 PM
The b in MB is brothers as in Mars brothers chassis also talked to babb a few weeks ago in Peoria for a hour. He is down to 1 guy in pit crew others had to go get jobs with them not racing earlier in the year. Also he is having trouble getting parts for the bloomquist car that's why he doesn't run it much. Now that may have changed at Eldora not sure.

Krooser
09-17-2020, 10:43 PM
Where did babb win 50k?

Guess I got some bad info?

NeedforLMspeed
09-17-2020, 10:47 PM
Won $10k during the preliminary feature at Eldora Friday

Krooser
09-18-2020, 06:50 AM
Won $10k during the preliminary feature at Eldora Friday

Ok...saw a video from the stands where the guy just yelled " He won 50K !!!!"....