PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Northeast Series

BTExpress
08-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Is it me or does it look like no driver is trying to win the championship and follow the whole series? The top three in points did not bother to race this weekend at Path Valley and Selinsgrove. What is the incentive for a promoter to book them if they can not guarantee the fans at least a handful of drivers will show up to race. I know the virus, weather and other factors have made this year difficult, but looking at the short history of this series it seems like they really struggle to secure races and drivers. As a DLM fan in the Mid-Atlantic area, I would almost like to see the Ultimate NE series merge into the ULMS series to create a really strong regional series. They probably could never replicate the old STARS series due to the economy and the state of affairs in DLM racing, but maybe come up with a strong 25 or 30 race schedule paying a minimum $4,000 to win. I am sure such a venture would be well supported by both the teams and fans...Just my two cents.

dirtcrazy4u
08-16-2020, 03:45 PM
Well reports are Jared Miley may be out of racing altogether. Why isn't really clear.

BTExpress
08-16-2020, 04:36 PM
wow....that would be a shocker if true.

JimBo
08-16-2020, 05:12 PM
I think that all regional Late Model series are struggling this year. Most teams do not have big sponsor budgets and times are tough. I hope it rebounds next year,

Dlmfan123
08-16-2020, 05:13 PM
Guys up here don't want to run a series. It doesn't make sense for the most part. Max Blair hasn't even been to all of the ulms races and he's leading the points

Spanky44
08-16-2020, 06:27 PM
Well reports are Jared Miley may be out of racing altogether. Why isn't really clear.

Locked up rumor is.

bleedblue55
08-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Lack of monetary incentive

BTExpress
08-16-2020, 07:15 PM
"Locked up rumor is"

As in Jail
FOR WHAT?

weatherman85
08-16-2020, 08:23 PM
There’s just simply too many regional series. Also competition from crate series.

TDRacin®
08-16-2020, 08:27 PM
"Locked up rumor is"

As in Jail
FOR WHAT?

Definitely interesting since his last post on Facebook is, "2 for 2 this weekend! Path Valley and Selinsgrove up next". Makes one wonder!

Josh Bayko
08-16-2020, 08:57 PM
"Locked up rumor is"

As in Jail
FOR WHAT?

That information will be public soon enough.

9kchas24
08-17-2020, 05:37 PM
Jared Miley will be racing this Friday & Saturday weather-permitting... All the info about the weekend off will be public knowledge soon enough.. Two sides to every story.. Not retiring, not serving a life-sentence, etc... Stay calm folks..

9kchas24
08-17-2020, 05:45 PM
As far as Series attendance, NONE of the Regional Series have had perfect attendance of their top runners... Covid, compressed schedules, less $$ to win points with less races etc., tracks closed, then open, etc. all factor into that! Let's hope 2020 is that last year this messed up...

Dlmfan123
08-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Jared Miley will be racing this Friday & Saturday weather-permitting... All the info about the weekend off will be public knowledge soon enough.. Two sides to every story.. Not retiring, not serving a life-sentence, etc... Stay calm folks..Lernerville and eriez?

flagone
08-17-2020, 10:35 PM
As far as Series attendance, NONE of the Regional Series have had perfect attendance of their top runners... Covid, compressed schedules, less $$ to win points with less races etc., tracks closed, then open, etc. all factor into that! Let's hope 2020 is that last year this messed up...

We have 7 with perfect attendance through 8 races on the ULTIMATE Series SE

9kchas24
08-18-2020, 07:07 PM
We have 7 with perfect attendance through 8 races on the ULTIMATE Series SE

And the best area in the nation without tracks getting shut down, and races overlapping, etc. Excellent attendance no doubt, but the race purses are a bit better, and championship $$ too..