PDA

View Full Version : Parker Martin Prepped for Pair of Pennsylvania WoO Weekend Events

Ben Shelton
08-17-2020, 03:16 PM
For Immediate Release
August 17, 2020

Parker Martin Prepped for Pair of Pennsylvania WoO Weekend Events
Set to Invade Lincoln Speedway and Williams Grove Speedway

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. (08/17/20) – 16-year-old Parker Martin is set for arguably the most ambitious weekend of his young career this weekend. The Georgian plans to travel north to Pennsylvania’s Lincoln Speedway and Williams Grove Speedway, where he’ll compete with the World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series in his Martin’s Industrial No. 6jr PMR Aviation / Race Day Engineering / Longhorn Chassis / Custom Race Engine Super Late Model.

“I feel like in order for me to become a better driver, I need to compete with the best. I know I need as many laps as I can get, anytime that I can get them. Making laps with the best drivers in the sport is a definite added advantage,” Parker said. “Just got to thank my dad for giving me this opportunity as well as my mom, sisters, and girlfriend for their great support.”

Parker has competed in a wide array of Super Late Model and Crate Late Model events thus far into the 2020 campaign. He’s entered eight WoO events thus far this season and while he’s yes to qualify for a feature event with the series, has made gains with each race. Martin hopes to continue to continue his learning this weekend at a pair of famed, Pennsylvania ovals.

Action opens on Thursday, August 20 at Abbottstown’s Lincoln Speedway. The Billy Vacek / Huey Wilcoxon Memorial presented by Viper Motorsports posts a $12,000 top prize. Then on Friday, August 21 Martin will make his debut at the historic Williams Grove Speedway (Mechanicsburg, Maryland) in a $10,000-to-win affair.

“We’ve got a big challenge in front of us this weekend, but I couldn’t be more excited,” Martin continued. “I want to say a special thanks to my crew chief, Cole Exum and team engineer, Neal Lewis for continuing to bust their tails and believe in me. I’ve been off my game this past month, but I think we are turning the corner, and I hope to show it this weekend.”

For more information on the weekend’s slate, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Parker Martin would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include: Martin's Industrial, PMR Aviation, Race Day Engineering, Fox Shocks, South Eastern Performance, Willy’s Carburetors, Custom Race Engines, Hoosier Tire South, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on Parker Martin Racing, visit the team’s official website at www.ParkerMartinRacing.com .