PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Larson with Kevin Rumley!

76Overtonfan76
08-17-2020, 07:07 PM
Saw that he is testing with Kevin in the 6 car today!

BirkyTime15B
08-17-2020, 07:25 PM
At I-55. Bet you see Larson at Knoxville and Charlotte.

zyoung25
08-17-2020, 07:26 PM
The pics were up for about 10 mins and they vanished. I'm sure several people saved them, so the secret is out. Look out port royal.....here they come.

HoosierDirtFan
08-17-2020, 07:32 PM
Larson - Rumley - #6 car

https://i.imgur.com/abbLFyz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ilUbSk2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BTsSr66.jpg

NeedforLMspeed
08-17-2020, 07:37 PM
I thought you said Madden was going to be in in the #2 car at Florence

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 07:42 PM
As good as Larson is... he is going to get his tail kicked in any big dirt late model events.

HoosierDirtFan
08-17-2020, 07:44 PM
I thought you said Madden was going to be in in the #2 car at Florence

He was and they tested. They supposedly decided to go home. I figured Madden & Coulter decided the car wasn't ready battle.

HIGH ROLLER
08-17-2020, 07:44 PM
As good as Larson is... he is going to get his tail kicked in any big dirt late model events.

Dont b so sure on that right yet fly boy. He might prove u wrong

NeedforLMspeed
08-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Can't do any worse than he did in NASCAR

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 07:53 PM
Dont b so sure on that right yet fly boy. He might prove u wrongI got my popcorn ready. 😀

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 07:56 PM
Can't do any worse than he did in NASCARI think NASCAR needs Kyle more than Kyle needs them right now. I’m sure Larson will sell a bunch of T shirts at any late model event he shows up to. I don’t hate him but I think the talent level will be the best he has seen on dirt at a Lucas or WOO event. Even over the OVER RATED chili bowl.

B_K
08-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Insanely talented behind the wheel. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Jim11h
08-17-2020, 08:12 PM
Wow......just wow is all I can say on your statement flyby. Ignorance is bliss if you think chili bowl talent over rated. All Stars and outlaws in sprints the best in business. Usac and Indiana speedweeks the best non wing in nation. He has won against them all! Does he take latemodel world by storm, nope, but if he has some success I'm less than shocked. Heck he's even won in nascar in a ganassi owned ride. Memory right Juan Pablo last to get win before Larson and Montoya was world wide star whooping greatest drivers in world in F1

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 08:19 PM
He is talented yes. His chili bowl cars are the best out there. There is no reason why he shouldn’t win. Or Rico or anyone else driving those cars. I wish Kevin Swindell was still racing. He gave those boys a real run for their money.

15b24fan
08-17-2020, 08:21 PM
I'm excited to see what Kyle can do in a late model. I'm not going to predict him winning his first race, but I bet he flashes signs of speed. Would I be surprised with more? No. I do think his aggressive driving style will have him as the one of the 'love him or hate him' drivers. Not sure there will be many in between.

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 08:25 PM
Owens, Overton and B Shep ? Larson is not going to beat those 3 on a regular basis. The fields are full of talent and equipment. Oh well. I guess we will have to wait and see if my predictions are true. 😜. Larson will bring fans and promote the sport. That is the great thing about this (if it happens).

HIGH ROLLER
08-17-2020, 08:35 PM
Owens, Overton and B Shep ? Larson is not going to beat those 3 on a regular basis. The fields are full of talent and equipment. Oh well. I guess we will have to wait and see if my predictions are true. . Larson will bring fans and promote the sport. That is the great thing about this (if it happens).

It wont be a tour schedule. If all goes well it will be a few selected shows.

King1
08-17-2020, 08:47 PM
If Kevin Rumley can produce a fast race car. Kyle Larson can produce a win. You guys are forgetting that a subpar race car made Jimmy Owens look bad after he left the Bloomquist cars. Now he's found speed and looks like the GOAT again. Bshepp was a nobody until he got in a good car. Josh Richards was the man til he got with a crappy team. The right car with all the grip goes a long way, much further now than ever. Back in the mid 90's and early 2000's nobody had grip and driver a was a big part of it. But just like NASCAR, DLM racing is 90% car.

Rajflyboy
08-17-2020, 08:51 PM
If Kevin Rumley can produce a fast race car. Kyle Larson can produce a win. You guys are forgetting that a subpar race car made Jimmy Owens look bad after he left the Bloomquist cars. Now he's found speed and looks like the GOAT again. Bshepp was a nobody until he got in a good car. Josh Richards was the man til he got with a crappy team. The right car with all the grip goes a long way, much further now than ever. Back in the mid 90's and early 2000's nobody had grip and driver a was a big part of it. But just like NASCAR, DLM racing is 90% car.Good analysis.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-17-2020, 09:24 PM
If Kevin Rumley can produce a fast race car. Kyle Larson can produce a win. You guys are forgetting that a subpar race car made Jimmy Owens look bad after he left the Bloomquist cars. Now he's found speed and looks like the GOAT again. Bshepp was a nobody until he got in a good car. Josh Richards was the man til he got with a crappy team. The right car with all the grip goes a long way, much further now than ever. Back in the mid 90's and early 2000's nobody had grip and driver a was a big part of it. But just like NASCAR, DLM racing is 90% car.

Yes it is. If Kevin doesn't get too cute with the car, Larson will deliver.

ZERO25
08-17-2020, 09:44 PM
The shirts are on the way!

https://www.facebook.com/markofvalordirt/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARDfnFsH-WQyN7tgjQ155iynS4f5jlDRHetp1pizJ_YskBHUJgBoHfiU2-bzmUeqe3jsYGeXYVGn2kjF&hc_ref=ARQ-g92Tx1vW0QzKO-AMeq7a0vmkK8eDEEKCJZz6mdK44svGYHaADUF0qTFi_Q9arpI&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCFFzo7wkAWzAtNuqmAQc-nW5qgXQ3yidpFBuPN6EeVo7CUNSglhTYhdcjcqVUPUs7Z5ibfE QZNOF5WuxiXh5X_u0_WLcbP49scVJPYXpON2JGMprNDuXwH_0h 6QWfv6lf5hmo8Q7pEKIkfs4nzxIAM3f36Lx-14FSLCzvBs0ZwHG-O-KteXaq6DkuoM5VOVNu-TFJMTHmH4ayUMyWmOVq-qbH1oX2Y-CeBgTsT6vUt6BVufWkHF9Ic9EOW8c9MWgR6Nv4AplB5n5AdIjg 1eKzPZ2CZotIW2wx2lokj_6PyG8Wxz4S1tX4Q5vkr9WaX7nTym 2Isd68Gz9VxBwXPrqi_d8C3MeTKvi44l7w3_IXoVVRH5jyAh_c

Highside Hustler25
08-17-2020, 10:23 PM
Can't do any worse than he did in NASCAR

I don't know about that. He won more races and had better results for Chip in the time he was there than all of his other drivers combined over the years.

I'm more puzzled as to why Larson even wants to get in a late model. He's proven he can be king of the open wheel sprint/midget class. The WoO Sprint car series pays a lot more than any National Late model tour. Being of his caliber, not sure why one would want to race for less money in a class that he is unproven at.

chathamracefan
08-17-2020, 11:07 PM
I truly think the guy is just a dirt racer to the bone. Probably wants to try the late models to see how he does and how he likes them. His talent on the open wheel side is incredible. Can drive it on the edge but also is constantly working the track and running different lines even when not in traffic.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-18-2020, 12:46 AM
At I-55. Bet you see Larson at Knoxville and Charlotte.

The Test was at Cherokee... not I-55

dirtcrazy4u
08-18-2020, 05:36 AM
I just wonder. WHAT IF, he goes out and does win ? Chances, I'll put him at 50/50, but what if he does ? Everybody is going to say it was Rumley I'm sure. The guy is the best dirt racer out there right now. From millbridge speedway, in those caged karts, midgets, usac sprints, to outlaw sprint cars at knoxville. Besides being a d*m good driver, he adjusts instantly to the different types of dirt surfaces you find around the country. Hummmmm, what if ?

nc mudcat
08-18-2020, 06:11 AM
"Even over the OVER RATED chili bowl."

Anyone that thinks the chili bowl is overrated is simply ignorant or not paying attention.

3 wide
08-18-2020, 06:48 AM
All I know is he has been tearing it up in a sprint car and that woo sprint car bunch are tuff he just one the iron man 55 at pearly 20 thousand to win.

Pennsboro32
08-18-2020, 07:01 AM
I don't know about that. He won more races and had better results for Chip in the time he was there than all of his other drivers combined over the years.

I'm more puzzled as to why Larson even wants to get in a late model. He's proven he can be king of the open wheel sprint/midget class. The WoO Sprint car series pays a lot more than any National Late model tour. Being of his caliber, not sure why one would want to race for less money in a class that he is unproven at.

I'd bet he just wants to jump in a late model a couple times before he goes back to NASCAR just to say he's done it.

Barbecueboy
08-18-2020, 08:21 AM
That saw blade six car always looks fast just sitting still........it always has.

Pennsboro32
08-18-2020, 08:24 AM
That saw blade six car always looks fast just sitting still........it always has.

I remember Billy Hicks coming to Pennsboro, that car was always the best looking car there.

Barbecueboy
08-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Been a bunch of great drivers in that thing.....shaver,tucker,JD that I've actually watched race live in it.

Is Leroy still building motors? Anyone know?

Jking24
08-18-2020, 09:14 AM
Been a bunch of great drivers in that thing.....shaver,tucker,JD that I've actually watched race live in it.Is Leroy still building motors? Anyone know? I don't know if he is or isn't but the last few times the car was out it had a cornet I believe from the Donald bradsher Arsenal

TowerView
08-18-2020, 09:46 AM
The test session got rained out.

heinen81
08-18-2020, 10:05 AM
You think he throws questionable sliders in a sprint car.... wait til he has fenders! should be good.

CIRF
08-18-2020, 10:49 AM
You think he throws questionable sliders in a sprint car.... wait til he has fenders! should be good.

Does he really make a habit of throwing questionable haymakers?

W2Racing09
08-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Does he really make a habit of throwing questionable haymakers?

He has had a few questionable moves. I'd say he is aggressive, not necessarily dirty. But there are a few drivers in PA alone that might feel like they owe him one. Not the least of which would be Logan Schuchart from this past weekend at Knoxville.

JCSullivan00
08-18-2020, 11:01 AM
He throws a lot of sliders, but I wouldn't even remotely consider them to be questionable. It sure seems to me that his sliders are always very controlled, and he keeps his car straighter than most anyone which keeps his speed up, so the guy getting slid doesn't have to lift as much, and it also takes away their ability to pull a crossover.

W2Racing09
08-18-2020, 11:38 AM
He throws a lot of sliders, but I wouldn't even remotely consider them to be questionable. It sure seems to me that his sliders are always very controlled, and he keeps his car straighter than most anyone which keeps his speed up, so the guy getting slid doesn't have to lift as much, and it also takes away their ability to pull a crossover.

I definitely don't think the slider at Knoxville on the 1s this week was intentional or dirty but questionable would definitely be a good word to describe it. I'm sure Logan wasn't happy about it although he was lucky enough to hang on to 2nd after his nose wing was damaged from the slider. Brent Marks during PA Speedweek was another good example I believe at WG.

He makes a lot of his passes that way and with sliders being significantly less effective in late models I do wonder if he will end up tearing things up more often than not. IMO there is no question that he could be a threat for crown jewel races in a late model given enough time behind the wheel of one. If he isn't going to go back to NASCAR the best way to make big money would be to just run the biggest races for every discipline in dirt racing.

CIRF
08-18-2020, 12:07 PM
I definitely don't think the slider at Knoxville on the 1s this week was intentional or dirty but questionable would definitely be a good word to describe it. I'm sure Logan wasn't happy about it although he was lucky enough to hang on to 2nd after his nose wing was damaged from the slider. Brent Marks during PA Speedweek was another good example I believe at WG.

He makes a lot of his passes that way and with sliders being significantly less effective in late models I do wonder if he will end up tearing things up more often than not. IMO there is no question that he could be a threat for crown jewel races in a late model given enough time behind the wheel of one. If he isn't going to go back to NASCAR the best way to make big money would be to just run the biggest races for every discipline in dirt racing.

Errant haymakers are far less effective in late models but also far less apt to endanger life and limb. Obviously, that is the reason haymakers in dirt open wheel cars require far larger stones and much more precision. With that in mind Yung Money may well be willing to execute the maneuver under more ill advised circumstances given that his chances of causing anything more than hurt feelings are much less while racing a dirt late model.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Hit that right rear off the wall once and the droop will be all jacked up = someone else will win race

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 12:14 PM
"Even over the OVER RATED chili bowl."Anyone that thinks the chili bowl is overrated is simply ignorant or not paying attention.https://keithkunzmotorsports.com/For the most part Race for him or you ain’t winning the chili bowl. Those other 360 cars get beat almost every year

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 12:14 PM
https://keithkunzmotorsports.com/

W2Racing09
08-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Larson won this year and he wasn't in a KKM car. Christopher Bell finished second and he wasn't in a KKM car either.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more-racing/a30506318/chili-bowl-fantasy-match-up-bell-and-larson-versus-keith-kunz/

50Dixon50
08-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Well I do recall not very long ago certain people said no way will anyone allow Larson to drive a latemodel especially this year it is going to happen
This is what I think will happen Larson will hit several big races and will WIN at least one of them

Pennsboro32
08-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Well I do recall not very long ago certain people said no way will anyone allow Larson to drive a latemodel especially this year it is going to happen
This is what I think will happen Larson will hit several big races and will WIN at least one of them

I wouldn't expect Larson to win a big late model event this soon.

NeedforLMspeed
08-18-2020, 01:00 PM
I don't think there's going to be several big races left with this trend

JimmyOinthe20fan
08-18-2020, 01:37 PM
Mike Marlar is an excellent Wheelman, and he looked horrible in the 6 car at Volusia.

obamaracing#1
08-18-2020, 01:45 PM
I was going to make a thread not to long ago asking where the heck has the Rumley 6 been. IDK, maybe if Larson actually drove a LM for a full year it my be exciting, and might have a chance. He will be back in NASCAR in 2021. So this is pretty much him playing around, if I were to guess. And second, I seen a pic of Kevin’s wife, holy sh!t!!!!

dirt33
08-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Mike Marlar is an excellent Wheelman, and he looked horrible in the 6 car at Volusia.

Are you referring to 2019 at Volusia? He did have 2 subpar nights, but in the other 3 nights he had a win, a 2nd (from 21st), and an 8th.

drich24
08-18-2020, 02:33 PM
I don’t recall any past sprint car/midget drivers doing very well in dirt late models, especially with limited seat time. The one exception that comes to mind was Tony Stewart seemed to be pretty darn competitive, at least at Knoxville several years ago.(not a nice word) Seems like the most consistent and competitive DLM drivers today drive their cars straight with(not a nice word) little sliding and try not to abuse their tires (ala NASCAR racing).

Even though many of you are commenting that Kyle is a sprint/midget driver, don’t forget he has been driving heavy pavement NASCAR cars for several years and has done very well learning to drive them straight as can be.(not a nice word) I think this is the difference between him and other sprint/midget drivers dabbling in DLM’s.(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I think his learning curve will be much shorter than other sprint/midget drivers and along with a good set-up person will make him competitive fairly quickly.(not a nice word) I didn’t say winner, but at least competitive.(not a nice word)

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 03:08 PM
Larson won this year and he wasn't in a KKM car. Christopher Bell finished second and he wasn't in a KKM car either.https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more-racing/a30506318/chili-bowl-fantasy-match-up-bell-and-larson-versus-keith-kunz/That’s why I said most and not all. Who actually built Kyles car this year? The Kunz cars are truly works of art.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 03:10 PM
Rumley car can win. There won’t be any excuses as far as the equipment.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-18-2020, 03:30 PM
This Years car at the chili bowl was a King Chassis from overseas.... had absolutely nothing to do with KKM... rajaflyboy you post about things you have absolutely no clue about. Smh

t3r3e3
08-18-2020, 03:36 PM

Mike won a 10k to win race in the 6. Don’t remember if it was Volusia or Screven.

CIRF
08-18-2020, 03:40 PM
This Years car at the chili bowl was a King Chassis from overseas.... had absolutely nothing to do with KKM... rajaflyboy you post about things you have absolutely no clue about. Smh

^^^What he said.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Kevin isn't going to show up with a vanilla race car. It may be bad fast one night, and pure trash the next. He is a mad scientist, not an accountant.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 03:50 PM
This Years car at the chili bowl was a King Chassis from overseas.... had absolutely nothing to do with KKM... rajaflyboy you post about things you have absolutely no clue about. SmhI did not say Kkm cars win EVERY YEAR but look at the results over the last ten or so. Those cars have won a lot. Swindell is the only one that gave them hell. I wish he was still racing. 👍

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-18-2020, 03:59 PM
I did not say Kkm cars win EVERY YEAR but look at the results over the last ten or so. Those cars have won a lot. Swindell is the only one that gave them hell. I wish he was still racing. 

No you said “but who put this years car together”... and that was not KKM. Quit trying to step off topic. Every post you make is beyond pandering. Except with a lot of them you are completely clueless

CIRF
08-18-2020, 04:05 PM
I’ve been told by someone who’s driven and won in both dirt open wheel cars and dirt late models and is in multiple national halls of fame that in regards to dirt late models it’s about 90% car and 10% driver. With a dirt late model under Larson that is capable of winning on any particular night common sense dictates he’ll have as good of a chance as anyone of winning. If the car isn’t up to it Larson will appear inept to those hoping he looks bad and many here will chirp that he doesn’t have the talent or bravery to compete. The only winner will be the publicity the track and sanction will get. Either way he’s still the best and most versatile driver in 2 generations.

fastford
08-18-2020, 05:28 PM
i agree cirf , but i think my old azz could still be competitive in that 6 car....lol....

TowerView
08-18-2020, 06:23 PM
The 6 car won the Firecracker last year with Tim McCreadie driving it..won $30,000.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 07:01 PM
How many years do 2 generations consist of ?

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 07:06 PM
I’m actually a Larson fan. I think he brings excitement to the sport. I don’t believe he should have lost the Ganassi ride. I think they should have given him classes and a chance to redeem himself. He had never had any discipline issues before. 1 mistake even a bad one and he should have been given an avenue to prove that he could be a better person.

dirtSLMracing
08-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Ra-boy

Just curious who you are blaming for Larson losing the Ganassi ride?

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Ra-boy Just curious who you are blaming for Larson losing the Ganassi ride?Any of us can make a mistake. If you have been a good employee should 1 screwup get you fired? I had never heard that Larson had caused any problems for his team or NASCAR. I just think it could have been handled better by sponsors and team. My opinion. Now if he was a constant problem child then yes he should have seen the door.

fastford
08-18-2020, 08:46 PM
said the wrong thing at the wrong time , welcome to the new society.....

Barbecueboy
08-18-2020, 08:54 PM
And said it to a white guy.......just like a black guy says it to a black guy.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 09:01 PM
I don’t get the fascination with the Chili Bowl. It was good like 20 years ago. It’s like Disney world I guess. Parents lose their freakin minds over that place.

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 09:07 PM
And said it to a white guy.......just like a black guy says it to a black guy.

Thank you bbq 👏👏👏👏👏👏

dirtSLMracing
08-18-2020, 09:15 PM
Any of us can make a mistake. If you have been a good employee should 1 screwup get you fired? I had never heard that Larson had caused any problems for his team or NASCAR. I just think it could have been handled better by sponsors and team. My opinion. Now if he was a constant problem child then yes he should have seen the door.

So what could Ganassi have done differently?

NeedforLMspeed
08-18-2020, 09:16 PM
I don't know if it was Ganassi. Seemed to be more on the sponsor's than anything that withdrew.

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 09:22 PM
I don't know if it was Ganassi. Seemed to be more on the sponsor's than anything that withdrew.

Yes ganassi dint want to let larson go but he had sponsors that were pulling out and he would lose all the sponsor $ to keep employees jobs. Ganassis hands were tied so to speak.

dirtSLMracing
08-18-2020, 09:23 PM
Yes ganassi dint want to let larson go but he had sponsors that were pulling out and he would lose all the sponsor $ to keep employees jobs. Ganassis hands were tied so to speak.

That is the way I see it. Folks that blame Ganassi i'd like to know why they say that.

Rajflyboy
08-18-2020, 09:24 PM
Not all Chips’ Fault

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 09:30 PM
kyle will be back in nascar. Right now hes proving a point and building & reminding ones about his resume

NeedforLMspeed
08-18-2020, 09:33 PM
kyle will be back in nascar. Right now hes proving a point and building & reminding ones about his resume

How is proving a point racing sprint cars building his Nascar resume.

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 09:45 PM
How is proving a point racing sprint cars building his Nascar resume.

Resume in general i dnt mean nascar resume

ZERO25
08-18-2020, 10:27 PM
That is the way I see it. Folks that blame Ganassi i'd like to know why they say that.

Ganassi has the money just like Haas does! When Haas wants a driver, he foots the bill until he can get sponsors!

Totally, Ganassis's fault......but, I wouldnt doubt for a second if he wasnt pressured by nasCRAP!

TDRacin®
08-18-2020, 10:40 PM
Ganassi has the money just like Haas does! When Haas wants a driver, he foots the bill until he can get sponsors!

Totally, Ganassis's fault......but, I wouldnt doubt for a second if he wasnt pressured by nasCRAP!

Ganassi doesn't have near the money Haas has! Ganassi certainly doesn't have the type of money it takes to foot the bill for a competitive NASCAR Cup season.

dirtSLMracing
08-18-2020, 10:43 PM
You are correct TDRacing... Ganassi net worth 40 million.. Haas 250 million.

dirtSLMracing
08-18-2020, 10:44 PM
Takes about 25-30 million to sponsor a cup team that wins. Ganassi is not going to take over half his money and risk it.

ZERO25
08-18-2020, 10:46 PM
I don't believe for a second it was ALL about the money!

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 10:54 PM
I don't believe for a second it was ALL about the money!

It doesnt matter what u believe.

wfo2007
08-18-2020, 11:16 PM
The 6 car and Larson were there to practice last night but he still has not made a practice lap because it rained.

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 11:17 PM
The 6 car and Larson were there to practice last night but he still has not made a practice lap because it rained.

They will try again soon

ZERO25
08-18-2020, 11:20 PM
Takes about 25-30 million to sponsor a cup team that wins. Ganassi is not going to take over half his money and risk it.

Hmmmmm, Its usually reported that Haas foots his own bill, BUT, his cars are covered with sponsors? Perhaps, just maybe, he starts out using his own money until he gets the sponsorship........just like Ganassi coulda done! But he chose to be a butt kisser and pc motivated to line up with nasCRAP!

ZERO25
08-18-2020, 11:21 PM
It doesnt matter what u believe.

Son, dont make me call your diddy!

NeedforLMspeed
08-18-2020, 11:36 PM
Hmmmmm, Its usually reported that Haas foots his own bill, BUT, his cars are covered with sponsors? Perhaps, just maybe, he starts out using his own money until he gets the sponsorship........just like Ganassi coulda done! But he chose to be a butt kisser and pc motivated to line up with nasCRAP!

I think he foots the bill for the car with his name all over it. Because he wanted a car with basically just his name on it was my understanding.

HIGH ROLLER
08-18-2020, 11:46 PM
Son, dont make me call your diddy!

Hes buzy over at exit 206! 🤫🤫🤫

NeedforLMspeed
08-19-2020, 12:04 AM
Hes buzy over at exit 206! 狼狼狼

I have a good zinger response for that but 1. Its off topic. 2. I'd probably get banned and 3. I can't remember the password to my other user name. lol

HIGH ROLLER
08-19-2020, 12:41 AM
I have a good zinger response for that but 1. Its off topic. 2. I'd probably get banned and 3. I can't remember the password to my other user name. lol

U prolly need to go to bed then!

dirtcrazy4u
08-19-2020, 05:34 AM
Nascrap had a lot to do with Ganassi letting kyle go

Jking24
08-19-2020, 05:45 AM
Hmmmmm, Its usually reported that Haas foots his own bill, BUT, his cars are covered with sponsors? Perhaps, just maybe, he starts out using his own money until he gets the sponsorship........just like Ganassi coulda done! But he chose to be a butt kisser and pc motivated to line up with nasCRAP!Haas is also worth about 200+million more than chip. Makes it a little easier to dump 20 million a year

Rajflyboy
08-19-2020, 05:59 AM
Nascrap had a lot to do with Ganassi letting kyle goCould be some truth to this

TDRacin®
08-19-2020, 11:50 AM
Could be some truth to this

It's really pretty simple. NASCAR takes a ridiculous amount of money to compete in, especially a race-winning organization. With the threat of losing sponsorship comes the reality of not being able to compete period. It becomes an easy decision when you are faced with that proposition. Has nothing to do with Ganassi, NASCAR or the sponsors. Ganassi will not spend his own money, NASCAR and the sponsors have an image to uphold. That's corporate America and one of the things that makes NASCAR what it is, good or bad. There was sadly only one right decision to be made.

That doesn't mean all won't be forgiven come 2021 because time has a way of making things better. While what Kyle did is a big nono, talent always has a way of overcoming any dumb chit they may do. This is true across all major league sports.

For now, just enjoy the opportunity us dirt fans get watching him do things we haven't seen anyone do in a long time! I know I am!

Rajflyboy
08-19-2020, 12:10 PM
True But it’s also the fall of the sport. Rich kids that can’t drive have a lot of money and a sponsor get a ride and then fans like me puke because the racing is horrible and I quit watching.

TDRacin®
08-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Yep, but that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

TDRacin®
08-19-2020, 01:51 PM
Kyle Larson to run the Hoosier 100 Sunday!

https://twitter.com/RipTheFence/status/1296083787705614341

racerx99
08-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Believe that #6 car won the Atomic 100 lapper in 2019....McCreadie ws driving it then I think. Good wheel man & good car = win... who knows dude can get the most out of a car it seems. It'll be good publicity either way it goes for dirt late racing!

ZERO25
08-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Nascrap had a lot to do with Ganassi letting kyle go

BINGO.......aint watched a lap since!

Rajflyboy
08-19-2020, 07:26 PM
https://us.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/kyle-larson-reinstatement-nascar/4859973/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-1Big league will beg him to come back.

Loopy
08-20-2020, 08:43 AM
Only after Katelyn starts shot-gunning cans of Malt Liquor after he wins and Kyle marches in a few BLM riots will they reinstate him.

WisWildManFan
08-20-2020, 09:56 AM
He's doing what he loves and making a great living at it right now. I wish he would just stay running dirt. Maybe run some of the srx stuff.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-20-2020, 10:04 AM
He's doing what he loves and making a great living at it right now. I wish he would just stay running dirt. Maybe run some of the srx stuff.

A great living? When he was rolling in millions?

Dlmfan123
08-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Tested this morning at cherokee

WisWildManFan
08-20-2020, 10:40 AM
A great living? When he was rolling in millions?nascar salaries are on a downward spiral. Brad Keslowski gave a great interview about a few weeks ago. You have rich kids paying to drive in the nascar ranks and it's driving drivers salaries way way down. If larson goes back to cup he better never whine again about not being able to race dirt enough. He's literally living his dream or at least that's what he used to say his dream was.

HoosierDirtFan
08-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Here are 2 pictures from the test this morning at Cherokee Speedway

https://i.imgur.com/06t5ABc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XZQDNEz.jpg

drich24
08-20-2020, 05:29 PM
Expand the photo and take a look at the driver in the car....

HoosierDirtFan
08-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Expand the photo and take a look at the driver in the car....

I did that before I shared them. Almost looks like McCreadie in the seat.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-20-2020, 08:36 PM
I did that before I shared them. Almost looks like McCreadie in the seat.

Well it’s Definatly not TMac as they all left for Batesville Wednesday afternoon

hjr2
08-21-2020, 11:51 AM
That car looks fast even in still photos. Glad to see it again.

hjr2
08-21-2020, 11:52 AM
Is there a Rumley build motor in there?

HIGH ROLLER
08-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Is there a Rumley build motor in there?

No its cornett power all the way

JabberJaws83
08-21-2020, 12:06 PM
I've seen the video, looks pretty smooth

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2020, 12:08 PM
nascar salaries are on a downward spiral. Brad Keslowski gave a great interview about a few weeks ago. You have rich kids paying to drive in the nascar ranks and it's driving drivers salaries way way down. If larson goes back to cup he better never whine again about not being able to race dirt enough. He's literally living his dream or at least that's what he used to say his dream was.

I don't doubt that. However, the endorsement deals can't be ignored. An it still kills trying to make a living dirt racing.

WisWildManFan
08-21-2020, 01:17 PM
I don't doubt that. However, the endorsement deals can't be ignored. An it still kills trying to make a living dirt racing.Yes nascar $ is still much greater but whatever his percent he's getting for winning say it was 30 percent he's knocking down $3000 pay days left and right and he doesn't own the equipment. When he was racing nascar all he talked about was getting on the dirt. Now maybe that 14 ride looks to be more competitive and he wants his shot in a competitive car I get it. Be just nice to see someone say F U to the $ and do what they really love.

Trax53
08-21-2020, 02:35 PM
Looked FAST in that video clip I saw. I got him at a 15.1 on the stopwatch from watching the video clip.... Thats hauling the mail for 8:30 AM on a Thursday morning.

dirtcrazy4u
08-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Where is the video clip ?

Trax53
08-21-2020, 03:52 PM
@larson1K posted it on his Instagram but its a private channel. He would have to accept your follow request.

HIGH ROLLER
08-21-2020, 11:44 PM
Kyle larson is a drivn sob. WOW!

https://twitter.com/WorldofOutlaws/status/1297009717718523904?s=09

Zonks32x
08-22-2020, 12:31 AM
Kyle Larson has a net worth of over $12 million.

He has enough $$ that he doesn't need to go back to Nascar if he doesn't want to.

HoosierDirtFan
08-22-2020, 01:56 AM
Here is video of Kyle Larson making laps in a late model

https://www.facebook.com/trevor.moon.52493/videos/214811506661103/UzpfSTEwMDA0Mzk2NzY0MDk4NzoyMTQ4MTI3MDk5OTQzMTY/

dirtcrazy4u
08-22-2020, 06:07 AM
Thanks HDF. Well I think that proves he can get it around the track fast enough to be considered having a chance to have a strong showing. I'm telling you, IF he could pull a win out this forum would go crazy.

ClampedUp
08-22-2020, 06:45 AM
Wish I could post the video of Larson from last nights WoO sprint race from River City. That was without a doubt the most impressive win/race I've seen in a very long time!
Enjoy the ride as this is a once in a lifetime talent we're seeing here!

HoosierDirtFan
08-22-2020, 06:57 AM
Wish I could post the video of Larson from last nights WoO sprint race from River City. That was without a doubt the most impressive win/race I've seen in a very long time!

Here is that video from last night. WOO had it on their Twitter page

https://twitter.com/WorldofOutlaws/status/1297009717718523904

HIGH ROLLER
08-22-2020, 09:25 AM

Post #120 was from that race. Same as HDF posted. I thought no way was larson catching leader but I was wrong.

BloomerWon
08-22-2020, 09:28 AM
Post #120 was from that race. Same as HDF posted. I thought no way was larson catching leader but I was wrong.

When have you ever been right?? Hahahahaha

WisWildManFan
08-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Split a person, 4 wheeler, and a tractor tire little sucker is a wild man

IL LM Fan
08-22-2020, 01:52 PM
He's a Beast! How could anyone not like that finish last night? That's the stuff that makes race fans!

dirtcrazy4u
08-22-2020, 02:31 PM
It's great to see him get excited, when he did his wing dance, I still say he's having a lot more fun doing the dirt deal.

WisWildManFan
08-22-2020, 04:50 PM
I’d like to hear what that official was thinking when he was pointed dead at him for a split second

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-22-2020, 05:05 PM
Probably a late night stop at Walmart for some new pants

WisWildManFan
08-22-2020, 05:24 PM
Lol hope he didn’t have white pants on

HIGH ROLLER
08-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how he does at port royal. Its going to take some adjustments just how quick will he adapt.

Rajflyboy
08-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Here is that video from last night. WOO had it on their Twitter pagehttps://twitter.com/WorldofOutlaws/status/1297009717718523904Maybe I’m wrong. Definitely some talent there and his laps around Cherokee look solid (this kid has NO FEAR)I do hope to see him in the late model against Owens, Cross Fit and B Shepp.

Rajflyboy
08-22-2020, 05:56 PM
He's a Beast! How could anyone not like that finish last night? That's the stuff that makes race fans!I agree 👍👍👍

NY DIRT
08-22-2020, 06:16 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how he does at port royal. Its going to take some adjustments just how quick will he adapt.

He has raced his winged sprint car at Port Royal at least 3 times this year and he won the last 2

He looked real good in the Rumley car the other day. He knows the track. He will be in great equipment. Anything could happen. I can,t wait.....

HoosierDirtFan
08-23-2020, 01:58 AM
Port Royal Speedway Trackside Media
3h ·
Just announced- official- Kyle Larson will be in attendance for all three days of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series competition! This will be the debut of Yung Money behind the wheel of a super late model against the best in the business!

dirtcrazy4u
08-23-2020, 05:37 AM
WOW. He likes port royal, likes running right up against the guard rail. It will be interesting. Hope the bring enough metal to replace the RR quarter panels. Good weather and the place is going to be packed like it is for the Tuscarora race weekend for the sprint cars. That one pays 53k to the winner. Hope they get to keep these dates and turn it into a annual event. The fair board at port royal is one on the best in the business, they've updated the place in the right areas and it is paying off big time.

Krooser
08-23-2020, 08:00 AM
I thought this thread was about Brent Larson...nevermind.

dirtcrazy4u
08-23-2020, 09:28 PM
FYI. If you Google nascrap salaries Larson was 8th or 9th in earnings. 8 mil base salary and 1 mil in appearance monies. Can't give up that kind of money.