PDA

View Full Version : Tires............

Burke1118
08-21-2020, 06:51 AM
Haven't confirmed this, but I heard Owens' tire started coming apart last night at the end, like it did last week at florence. I've never seen any tire de tread like that. With how dominant he's become this year, sure does at least raise some eyebrows. Regardless of whether they are prepping tires or not, my question is: Why can't lucas or WoO post their "lab results" like the regional series do? When was the last time someone even got DQd for tires (goodluck convincing me racers just stopped cheating for the last 10 years)? Lucas and WoO survive on 7-10 touring guys that come to every race, and 20-40 regional guys that show up to fill the rest of the field... why don't these series do ANYTHING to reassure the regional racers that it's a fair playing field? /rant

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2020, 06:53 AM
I was told he had more than 1 do it at Florence. Those things are juiced. That team has multiple tire chemists on it.

grt74
08-21-2020, 07:23 AM
I was told he had more than 1 do it at Florence. Those things are juiced. That team has multiple tire chemists on it.

I've heard there is an issue in lucas with it, i guess after all the tire is what is on the ground
but i have had issues with tires before but it was the batch that was the issue (coming apart where they are molded together)

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2020, 07:28 AM
The Lucas tire rules make rubber alteration a potential huge advantage. They never bust one of their own. That's enough to guarantee it happens.

Burke1118
08-21-2020, 08:50 AM
It really is a joke. I gauruntee none of the samples they take even get sent to the lab. Probably a huge stash of them hidden in the Lucas trailer somewhere

JabberJaws83
08-21-2020, 09:31 AM
That's what happens when there is no authority in the series. You have a photographer and a former racer there for a check running the show. That series is ran by the drivers that follow it.

wreck
08-21-2020, 09:37 AM
Not saying there's not juicing going on, but Batesville is one of the most brutal tracks on tires. It's nothing for a tire to come apart or detread there in no time. Saturday night will be a tire conservation game, and you'll see some pit stops most likely. If you're even a little bit tight and have to drive it sideways, your tires won't make it 100 laps at Batesville.

Barbecueboy
08-21-2020, 11:09 AM
The whole tire acquisition scenario and subsequent testing procedure ( if any)is so transparent, can't imagine why it isn't trusted??? Smdh.

hjr2
08-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Jimmy said in the interview that the turns were like a washboard so that probably didn't help.

GottaGoFast
08-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Owens and Bloomquist prep their tires the exact same way. With Cody there I am sure there is conversations about how Scott was so good at tire conservation. Owen's is getting tons of bite. Sheppard isnt having that same problem with his rocket. Driving style might be the difference.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Owens and Bloomquist prep their tires the exact same way. With Cody there I am sure there is conversations about how Scott was so good at tire conservation. Owen's is getting tons of bite. Sheppard isnt having that same problem with his rocket. Driving style might be the difference.

Yeah. Owens just rips the tires, compared to Sheppard. *Sarcasm*

Burke1118
08-21-2020, 11:34 AM
The whole tire acquisition scenario and subsequent testing procedure ( if any)is so transparent, can't imagine why it isn't trusted??? Smdh.They can video record the pill draw on FB live.....why can’t they video the tire samples being taken? Or post the lab results?? I don’t know on which planet being secretive and not enforcing rules is a viable long term business strategy. From the outside it seems very corrupt and swamp like.

Retired
08-21-2020, 11:35 AM
MY OPINION HERE... I think that is why Bloomquist is not running well. He is NOT doping tires. He is one that either series would love to bust!

over4T
08-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Had two guys get busted on tires a couple of weeks ago at a Pro Stock Tour series we run in CA,OR,NV. Simple durometer check and visual inspection on the tires. No lab samples. Series tire rules simply state right side tires can be ground but can't be grooved or siped and must be 55 or higher durometer. Left side tires anything goes. Get checked in post race tech and if you get nailed you're disqualified and get no bucks or points.

This series allows everything from asphalt take-offs, G-60 IMCA type tires, and up to 11" wide dirt tires, all according to your home track's rules. Seems to work well and have had winners on all types. Pretty simple system and no waiting days to get race results.

Pennsboro32
08-21-2020, 12:08 PM
MY OPINION HERE... I think that is why Bloomquist is not running well. He is NOT doping tires. He is one that either series would love to bust!

No, the reason he is not winning is because he had an injury at an old age.

ImCryn2
08-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Jimmy has ran extremely well on the WOO side this year also, are they letting him get away with cheating there also?
If Jimmy ha an advantage with doped tires, what is McCreadie doing to be able to beat him?

BloomerWon
08-21-2020, 12:54 PM
No, the reason he is not winning is because he had an injury at an old age.

This excuse has age on it too...

bullittwrench
08-21-2020, 02:53 PM
"Jimmy has ran extremely well on the WOO side this year also, are they letting him get away with cheating there also?
If Jimmy ha an advantage with doped tires, what is McCreadie doing to be able to beat him?"

Rumley

GottaGoFast
08-21-2020, 04:16 PM
The fact that people still think that the top guys do stuff to their tires is hilarious. Nothing but a dumb conspiracy theory. That whole Eldora mess was a joke and I would love to tell the back story to it all but I know a certain someone would never let me back on Eldora ground.

DirtyD31
08-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Lol u know ur winning if people start making up stories about u lmao. TMac get a couple more, and we will have the scoop on him

BloomerWon
08-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Ole JD used to run them there fummy tars! Lol, he was good on 'em too by God! 😎

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2020, 04:38 PM
The fact that people still think that the top guys do stuff to their tires is hilarious. Nothing but a dumb conspiracy theory. That whole Eldora mess was a joke and I would love to tell the back story to it all but I know a certain someone would never let me back on Eldora ground.

Tread does not peel off the carcass of an unaltered tire. Are you going to tell us about baking?

Highside Hustler25
08-21-2020, 05:35 PM
That whole gum chewing thing is just a distraction to keep the officials off guard.

King1
08-21-2020, 09:09 PM
The tire prep that one of his crew guy makes is the greatest. But I think there’s more to it than prep, it’s what he’s hiding under the back of the car that’s a big contributor to it. Could be a combo of both prep and what he’s found in terms of speed

Burke1118
08-22-2020, 08:11 AM
I hope hes not cheating! But who wouldn't prep tires if they knew they could get away with it? This isnt Jimmy's fault, its the series fault. They have no transparency, everything happens in back rooms, and they make ZERO effort to ensure that a regional guy is stepping on a level playing field if they show up to one of their races.

Krooser
08-23-2020, 07:53 AM
That whole gum chewing thing is just a distraction to keep the officials off guard.

Does he chew Juicy Fruit?

Retired
08-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Why don't the series just make it legal?

formercrewguy
08-23-2020, 11:25 AM
The tire experts on 4m crack me up........

NeedforLMspeed
08-23-2020, 11:28 AM

Why would they love to?

STRONGERTHANDIRT
08-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Does he chew Juicy Fruit? " Commit a little mortal sin...good for the soul".

ImCryn2
08-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Tread does not peel off the carcass of an unaltered tire. Are you going to tell us about baking?

I always thought the same thing, but I heard McDowell reference problems with tires, stating they were 'coming apart' or 'peeling apart'. So maybe there is something else going on. Overton also had a problem friday at the start of the race. He said his tire came apart and was vibrating bad.

Beef
08-23-2020, 07:40 PM
If you think that they aren't doping tires, I have a ocean front property for sell in Iowa.
A lot of teams are doing it and if you don't believe it, asked the 2 traveling series to see the test results of the last 3 or 4 races. Tell them you'll even pay the administrative fees and I bet they won't allow you to see them.

ZERO25
08-23-2020, 07:52 PM
The tire prep that one of his crew guy makes is the greatest. But I think there’s more to it than prep, it’s what he’s hiding under the back of the car that’s a big contributor to it. Could be a combo of both prep and what he’s found in terms of speed

And he got it from the king of prep, who's from my area!

Highside Hustler25
08-23-2020, 08:35 PM

Yup. Cody Mallory disappears behind closed doors for 15 minutes, then comes out with a solo cup of secret sauce. He apply's the creamy substance, then wraps the tire in shrink wrap for aging.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2020, 07:00 AM
Yup. Cody Mallory disappears behind closed doors for 15 minutes, then comes out with a solo cup of secret sauce. He apply's the creamy substance, then wraps the tire in shrink wrap for aging.

No. It's applied with a pump sprayer in line to qualify. Right in front of Francis while another guy adjusts the deck height up.

Josh Bayko
08-24-2020, 07:36 AM
Why don't the series just make it legal?

The tire companies enjoy making money and support just about every racing series in the world. That’s why.

But they’ll all tell you it’s because safety. In all honesty, there’s probably something to that. Breathing in those fumes really isn’t good for you. Thing is, driving a race car is absurdly dangerous to begin with.

King1
08-24-2020, 10:23 AM
I had a crew guy that liked to wear those leather strap old man Sandles and he dropped some of Jimmy’s tire juice on his foot and got a nasty chemical burn. This was 8 or 9 years ago. They may have started making all organic prep just in case liberals start to cry about it.
It’s funny how many local racers and regional racers that I personally know are friends with this guy on FB. That answered all my questions on whether or not I was racing against prepped tires

Buford.Justice
08-24-2020, 04:31 PM

Wow, that was grose!!!! Sometimes thirty minutes if there is an extra tire!!!

ZERO25
08-24-2020, 07:10 PM
There's a reason why companies continue to sell $3500 hot boxes/tire rotisseries!

Buford.Justice
08-24-2020, 08:16 PM

Nobody knows the truth, but there is no doubt doctoring tires is a reality.