PDA

View Full Version : Brent Larson

millermw
08-21-2020, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know how many provisionals Brent has taken in the WOO? Also does anyone know how many that can be used in a year.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Lol he was fast time tonight lol

NeedforLMspeed
08-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Fast time. 8th in the heat race and 5th in the Bmain. Starts shotgun on the field. Man I thought Bloomquist was confusing...

Morgs153
08-21-2020, 10:17 PM
You know before him, it may have been Chub Frank. After him, it will be someone else. Whether it be a dirt touring series, or an asphalt touring series, there's going to be a certain priority on keeping people who are committed to your series racing in your series. Does it always seem fair that a faster car goes home? Well, yeah it does, but that's touring racing and it is not a perfect world.

You have someone who is going to commit to running from January until late fall, from New Mexico, to Florida, to the upper Midwest, out to the Dakotas, out east and back to some other places, that's a pretty big buy in. Loyalty goes both ways and I don't care what series or what driver it involves. My point is not about Brent Larson personally, it is about almost any driver in his position.

Without the two way street of loyalty, the tours wouldn't exist very long. Does anyone objectively think the UMP Summer Nationals has a real deep committed pool of talent beyond the top three in points? That might even be debatable.

Look, I've gone to many shows through the years and there have been some where I got really torqued to find out someone who I was watching and impressed with had to go home because the touring regular who was clocked in time trials with a calendar got in on a "P". Then for several years I worked in a touring series and came to understand these things better.

Highside Hustler25
08-21-2020, 10:37 PM
Larson showed up to the helltour show at LaSalle and I figured he would run top 10 maybe. Didn't happen. He hasn't improved much.

champion24
08-21-2020, 11:27 PM
I believe Woo doesn't count regular provisionals, but only 4 emergency provisionals.

Zonks32x
08-22-2020, 12:36 AM
Champion24 is correct.
Four emergency provisionals and No limit on points provisionals.

As long as the other 8 WoO regulars make the show through the heats or B-main, the 9th WoO driver who had a bad night and the "B-main Bomber," get in the show.

fryefan
08-24-2020, 12:51 AM
You know before him, it may have been Chub Frank. After him, it will be someone else. Whether it be a dirt touring series, or an asphalt touring series, there's going to be a certain priority on keeping people who are committed to your series racing in your series. Does it always seem fair that a faster car goes home? Well, yeah it does, but that's touring racing and it is not a perfect world.

You have someone who is going to commit to running from January until late fall, from New Mexico, to Florida, to the upper Midwest, out to the Dakotas, out east and back to some other places, that's a pretty big buy in. Loyalty goes both ways and I don't care what series or what driver it involves. My point is not about Brent Larson personally, it is about almost any driver in his position.

Without the two way street of loyalty, the tours wouldn't exist very long. Does anyone objectively think the UMP Summer Nationals has a real deep committed pool of talent beyond the top three in points? That might even be debatable.

Look, I've gone to many shows through the years and there have been some where I got really torqued to find out someone who I was watching and impressed with had to go home because the touring regular who was clocked in time trials with a calendar got in on a "P". Then for several years I worked in a touring series and came to understand these things better.

Excellent analysis. I have no problem with the touring series rewarding those who follow them all over the country.

TUTY
08-24-2020, 08:01 AM
It’s kinda like this. A WOO regular gets $600 to come to the track and it’s $700 to start the A-Main. To keep him on the tour they add him in the A-Main for points and give him a extra $100.

Buford.Justice
08-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Excellent analysis. I have no problem with the touring series rewarding those who follow them all over the country.

Sometimes you get it right!!!!! hehe

0_VodooChild_0
08-24-2020, 05:05 PM
So he would get $1300....$600 + $700 = $1300

Waldo
08-24-2020, 06:29 PM
That's $1,300 per event not counting sponser money on your car. There are drivers that list over 30 sponsors on the car. Somebody will come here soon and try to correct me. But I tell u this. There is a reason why they are where they are and u are where u are............Dennis Erb..........Forever..............

Waldo
08-24-2020, 06:32 PM
No reason to list a sponsor that dosen't pay.

bloomy18018
08-27-2020, 06:15 AM
I'd assume he's catching up to them Jill George provisional stats :)

wastingmoney
08-27-2020, 09:59 AM
So he would get $1300....$600 + $700 = $1300plus arnie doubles his pay check for the night. so he actually gets $2600 for a night. not bad for a field filler.

hjr2
08-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Isn't the starting fee revoked if a provisional is used?

LM1M
08-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Only for Emergency Provisionals

Krooser
08-28-2020, 02:13 PM
When I was in the pavement promoting biz Artgo and ASA had a good show money program for those who signed up for it... Many nights there were 15 cars in the pits on the program. It guaranteed a good field of cars for the show. No downside.

mndirtman
08-29-2020, 06:03 PM
plus arnie doubles his pay check for the night. so he actually gets $2600 for a night. not bad for a field filler.

What? Come on.. if that was the case Arnie could any top name.driver he wanted...lol

tiger
08-29-2020, 09:05 PM
What? Come on.. if that was the case Arnie could any top name.driver he wanted...lol

Who could afford that deal with a good driver lol.

tiretester
08-30-2020, 10:58 PM
plus arnie doubles his pay check for the night. so he actually gets $2600 for a night. not bad for a field filler.

True for the last several years, whatever Larson took in at the pay window including show up money Arnie matched. Same for Rauen, Birkhofer and Yaggy. That amounts to some serious change, well over a $100K by my estimate. Arnie has to be one of the most generous sponsors around open late model racing, few sponsors do much more then $50k as far as I know. WOW!

wastingmoney
08-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Yes correct, a great guy for the sport.

Josh Bayko
08-31-2020, 08:32 AM

Lol imagine if he had the same deal with Sheppard or Owens.

TBSprintFan
08-31-2020, 01:31 PM
Years ago when he sponsored other locals and they won he would give additional money on top of the sponsorship, he called them Arnie bucks, or something like that.

racingfan99
08-31-2020, 02:24 PM
True for the last several years, whatever Larson took in at the pay window including show up money Arnie matched. Same for Rauen, Birkhofer and Yaggy. That amounts to some serious change, well over a $100K by my estimate. Arnie has to be one of the most generous sponsors around open late model racing, few sponsors do much more then $50k as far as I know. WOW!
How about the money he poured into Shirley's bank account to run the WoO for a couple years, close to $200K with little results a few years back, This according to Jason Feger and I would think he would know, squirrels buddy and all. Arnie is great for the sport, just knows how to pick losers!