PDA

View Full Version : WoO World Finals

bloomy18018
08-24-2020, 10:48 PM
Anybody have resourceful info other than at Cedar in July they mentioned if N.C. doesn’t open to large events they were talking moving to Volusia in Fla, especially for us who have Flights, Tickets & Hotel already booked.. just curious if anybody has herd anything more on this, I know it’s still 2 months away

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-24-2020, 11:48 PM
Have u called the ticket office and explained your deal w them. They might have info for you. I would say its 50/50 on it right now

BloomerWon
08-25-2020, 07:40 AM
Have u called the ticket office and explained your deal w them. They might have info for you. I would say its 50/50 on it right now

Hey , what happend to your sister HIGH ROLLER? She in the hospital having another kid of yours?? Hahahahaha

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-25-2020, 08:15 AM
Hey , what happend to your sister HIGH ROLLER? She in the hospital having another kid of yours?? Hahahahaha

Shes got cv19 but getting better. Thanks for asking

thexfactor0210
08-25-2020, 08:35 AM
I called the World Racing Group last week and asked them this same question. I was told that as of last week everything is still on for the WoO Finals to be held in Charlotte BUT that can change any day. I was also told by a source that within the next three weeks there will be a decision made on where it will be held. Also, the Super Dirt Week decision should be coming very soon about it being cancelled or if it will be moved. It will not be held in New York obviously.

B_K
08-25-2020, 08:53 AM
World Finals are after November 3rd. Should be fine.

upaginit in North GA
08-25-2020, 09:01 AM
How will the World Finals be held in November if the NC governor does not change his policy? If the WRG is contemplating moving these races, they need to be letting the people know ASAP. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a debacle like the bleacher deal at Volusia. If, and if is emphasized, if Volusia is alternative site, we need to know ASAP, because lodging, travel, etc is something that takes a little time in Florida.

dirtSLMracing
08-25-2020, 10:07 AM
Governor of NC will keep the state in Phase 2 shutdown until Sept 11th. If the state goes to Phase 3 on Sept 11th then that will be a positive for the World Finals in Charlotte. If he continues with Phase 2 then I'm sure they will pull the plug on it.

Rajflyboy
08-25-2020, 10:51 AM
How will the World Finals be held in November if the NC governor does not change his policy? If the WRG is contemplating moving these races, they need to be letting the people know ASAP. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a debacle like the bleacher deal at Volusia. If, and if is emphasized, if Volusia is alternative site, we need to know ASAP, because lodging, travel, etc is something that takes a little time in Florida. this. NC governor is a tool. It’s all political for him. Even though covid numbers are down I think he will still keep it shuttered here until after the election.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2020, 11:13 AM
Yup.......sure will.

And then it will all get better.

It's a miracle.

RayCook53fan
08-25-2020, 12:44 PM
Was planning on going to Charlotte again this year... but a trip to Daytona Beach in November wouldn't be too bad either.

allbrandauto
08-25-2020, 01:55 PM
the only thing that will cure the virus is November the third

Barbecueboy
08-25-2020, 04:29 PM
It won't cure it.....it will just kill off the one sided reporting of it.

Buford.Justice
08-25-2020, 08:43 PM
the only thing that will cure the virus is November the third

If Trump wins they will shut down as much as they can out of pure spite!!!

Many Governors need voted out after what they have done to the people.

Power trips, with burning cities and people locked down.

Dlmfan123
08-25-2020, 09:39 PM
https://twitter.com/esinghaus/status/1298283624631083010?s=21 Not to sure what this is about

ZERO25
08-25-2020, 10:35 PM
Our governor, DeSantis, will welcome the World Finals with open arms! :)

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-26-2020, 01:05 AM

Hey look BloomerWon,

I talked to my SISTER SIDEWAYS and told her you were asking about her and that lifted her spirits today. It also lifted something else as she just had erectile disfunction surgery. She said thanks for caring about her and she will look u up when she gets out. I told her she could find u at exit 206! THANKS AGAIN!😉

NeedforLMspeed
08-26-2020, 12:04 PM
Resurfaced the track for the first time in 6 years.

EvelB7
08-26-2020, 01:04 PM
I think North Carolina will 'open' up a couple of weeks before the election.....Try to snag both sides of the vote

LM1M
08-26-2020, 01:39 PM
Move it to Volusia!

Mike Honcho
09-01-2020, 03:49 PM
NC governor only opened up to gatherings of 50 people outdoors thru Sep 22. Getting closer to World Finals time, I'd expect an announcement soon

NeedforLMspeed
09-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Why would Sept 22nd matter. The World Finals aren't until November 5-7

GEAR_HEAD
09-01-2020, 04:08 PM
NC governor only opened up to gatherings of 50 people outdoors thru Sep 22. Getting closer to World Finals time, I'd expect an announcement soon

It's their last race of the year so what can they do if they have it? Close them for the rest of the year? Besides, I'm sure the businesses near the track would like to have the revenue at this point.

Late_Model_Mark
09-02-2020, 06:15 PM
Fine the spit out of them gearhead, would be a very unwise move.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Rajflyboy
09-02-2020, 07:05 PM
World Finals need to be moved. It’s too late to mess around with this governor in NC

GEAR_HEAD
09-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Fine the spit out of them gearhead, would be a very unwise move.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

They are scared of Bruton Smith, they've proven that in the past. Even if they try then just don't pay the fines and sue them like Florence did. If Florence can win a lawsuit then surely Smith can. There's no law stating that they can't race.

Rajflyboy
09-02-2020, 08:38 PM
State could get a restraining order against the track.. just like they did to ACE. Sonic automotive probably has enough ties to government that would make it unlikely. Smith family would defer to next year in the end. They don’t have much skin in the game for the outlaws. Companies are bending over for the government this year.

upaginit in North GA
09-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know if they are having this race or not?

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if they are having this race or not?

Its still on so far. But they have to make a decision soon. Try calling ticket office at cms.

Barbecueboy
09-09-2020, 11:46 AM
I'll take the under.....no , this race won't happen.

Governor too stoopid....( and spiteful)

Rajflyboy
09-09-2020, 11:58 AM
I'll take the under.....no , this race won't happen.Governor too stoopid....( and spiteful)Yeah but he be getting scared. Election is coming up and virus isn’t bad (according to math and science).

Lucky13
09-09-2020, 04:33 PM
I talked to a friend that works at the track yesterday. As of 9-8 it is still a go. They have started working the track as well. I guess this all could change but as of now...it is on

ZERO25
09-09-2020, 06:34 PM
It should be cancelled immediately and run at Volusia! :)

Rajflyboy
09-09-2020, 07:05 PM
It should be cancelled immediately and run at Volusia! :)I will give you a hell yeah on that 👍.

dirtSLMracing
09-09-2020, 07:35 PM
If they run it at Volusia the car counts would suffer. I dont think as many would pull that far just for 2 races especially the Big Block Mods since most are from North of Washington DC. I would expect 50 Supers and 40 Sprints and not have the Big Block race.

Barbecueboy
09-09-2020, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=Lucky13;2355333]I talked to a friend that works at the track yesterday. As of 9-8 it is still a go. They have started working the track as well. I guess this all could change but as of now...it is on[/QUOTE

No reason they shouldn't, I just think the guv will find a way to be the douche' he is.

Sounding better though with the track work.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-09-2020, 10:29 PM
If they run it at Volusia the car counts would suffer. I dont think as many would pull that far just for 2 races especially the Big Block Mods since most are from North of Washington DC. I would expect 50 Supers and 40 Sprints and not have the Big Block race.

Yes and there banquet is day after at the great wolf lodge.

Dlmfan123
09-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Yes and there banquet is day after at the great wolf lodge.They already said they don't think there gonna have the banquet

Rajflyboy
09-10-2020, 05:49 AM
Great Wolf lodge is the biggest Petri dish in Charlotte with their indoor water park.

EvelB7
09-10-2020, 07:09 AM
They are still not sure on the World Finals but the short track nationals the week before looks to be a go (event runs off the back gate, they can cancel fans if needed). And agree we need to send this governor packing!

thexfactor0210
09-10-2020, 08:28 AM
With the money made off of Dirtvision PPV they could up the purse and bring it to Volusia. They could up the start money and pay better throughout the field. Also, tons of fans from all three divisions would want to sign up for that month of Dirtvision to bring in extra revenue.

If they can run a whole Week of Big Blocks with large purses and no fans then surely they can put up some extra money to make the WoO Finals a success still. Also, since they own Volusia and the series that saves a ton off the bat for them which could be put into the purse.

Maybe I am just dreaming... haha.

WisWildManFan
09-21-2020, 12:28 PM
any more news on where finals will be held? Flights are looking very reasonable if it stays in NC

thexfactor0210
09-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Have not heard a thing. Saw the Cup race October 10th weekend is still up in the air as they submitted a plan to the Governor's office. I am assuming that will determine what they can do with the WoO Finals.

GottaGoFast
09-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Actually I was given a really interesting update Saturday night. Apparently the decision makers want to keep it at the Dirt Track. But, and there is a huge but ... there is at least one person who is saying that if it cant happen there, they should just cancel the World Finals all together. Talk about a poopy sitiation.

dirtSLMracing
09-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Here is the situation. Can the World Finals survive in Charlotte with 50% of the grandstands ticket sales. There is no chance Cooper allows it to be sold to capacity. The 50% is the BEST case at this point. No guarantee even that much would be allowed.

WisWildManFan
09-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Here is the situation. Can the World Finals survive in Charlotte with 50% of the grandstands ticket sales. There is no chance Cooper allows it to be sold to capacity. The 50% is the BEST case at this point. No guarantee even that much would be allowed.How would they choose who gets to go since more than 50% is already sold?

NeedforLMspeed
09-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Would they really have spent the time and money to resurface the track had they not expected to hold the event 3 months later? Instead of putting that off until sometime next year.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Another question: If it’s not at Charlotte & is moved to Volusia (rumors) how would the Volusia tickets be handled? First come first serve or first priority to those presently having Charlotte tickets?
FWIW: I do understand the tracks are seperate owners- so there would be no transfer of tickets.
Just wondering- that’s all!

Dlmfan123
09-21-2020, 01:41 PM
Would they really have spent the time and money to resurface the track had they not expected to hold the event 3 months later? Instead of putting that off until sometime next year.The race the weekend before world finals is a go forsure I heard.

GottaGoFast
09-21-2020, 01:44 PM
Would they really have spent the time and money to resurface the track had they not expected to hold the event 3 months later? Instead of putting that off until sometime next year.Actually the plan all along was to redo the surface. Also they want to add more seating. Whether the event happens there or not, this was going to happen anyways. But it looks like it just might be all or nothing. It very well could be a there or nowhere situation

dirtSLMracing
09-21-2020, 01:44 PM
How would they choose who gets to go since more than 50% is already sold?

I have no idea on how it would work, maybe a lottery system and refund the ones that dont get tickets. I live in North Carolina and I can guarantee the governor is not going to allow the place to be full. At this point 50% is a stretch.

dirtSLMracing
09-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Actually the plan all along was to redo the surface. Also they want to add more seating. Whether the event happens there or not, this was going to happen anyways. But it looks like it just might be all or nothing. It very well could be a there or nowhere situation

I wish they would put a decent size grandstand on the back stretch with bathrooms underneath, Maybe stands that will seat 3000 or so.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know the seating capacity for Charlotte compared to the new seating at Volusia? I go to both World Finals and Winternationals at Volusia- just thinking Volusia seating would be much smaller.
Also with the purses of the World Finals not being that great for the season ending finals- how many teams and fans would travel to Florida? That’s a long haul for the big block modified teams from their location for 2 nights of racing.

MRM
09-21-2020, 02:08 PM
Charlotte is working on the track like they will get to race. That should be expected. But didn't Fayetteville cancel their Ultimate race because of crowd restrictions? It may be one of those thing we won't know an answer until a couple of weeks beforehand.

HIGH ROLLER
09-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Foxfire I say car count will be considerably lower this yr w bb mods

dirtSLMracing
09-21-2020, 02:15 PM
foxfire..

Charlotte seats 14,000. Not sure about Volusia.

Slideways
09-21-2020, 03:55 PM
For what it's worth, I just called the Charlotte ticket office, and they said "As far as they know, everything is still a go".

NeedforLMspeed
09-21-2020, 04:09 PM
I would too so I can hold your money as long as I need to before issuing any refund

06Tireman
09-21-2020, 04:22 PM
They are gonna say whatever they can to sell more tickets.. I'm sure they are setup pretty well for refunds if the race is cancelled..

Dlmfan123
09-21-2020, 04:47 PM
I doubt they will do a refund, just push it to next year.

NeedforLMspeed
09-21-2020, 04:57 PM
Still holding your money regardless

gorj
09-21-2020, 05:27 PM
4 Wide Nationals Cancelled this past weekend......2 weeks before the event....promoters are hanging on as long as is feasible hoping for the best.

Mike Honcho
09-22-2020, 02:45 PM
Governor Cooper just said outdoor event venues will be able to open at 7% capacity beginning Oct 2.

Doesn't look good for the World Finals

thexfactor0210
09-22-2020, 02:57 PM
Governor Cooper just said outdoor event venues will be able to open at 7% capacity beginning Oct 2.

Doesn't look good for the World Finals

They need to move it now and make sure this event happens in some capacity. I think more so for the WoO sprints because they are having a fantastic points battle and are expecting these final 2 races to decide it.

NeedforLMspeed
09-22-2020, 03:05 PM
How did they come up with the 7% number.

RayCook53fan
09-22-2020, 03:08 PM
I'm no North Carolinian but I have quite a few friends there... the Governor there seems to be a complete moron. I hate this, was planning on being in Charlotte.

dirtSLMracing
09-22-2020, 04:46 PM
How did they come up with the 7% number.

Takes a total dingleberry to come up with 7%. Seems 10% would have been a nice number.

But if the Dirt Track sells 1000 grandstand tickets and 5000 in the pits that is $600,000. Not sure if that is enough to put on the show.

Barbecueboy
09-22-2020, 05:52 PM
I'm no North Carolinian but I have quite a few friends there... the Governor there seems to be a complete moron. I hate this, was planning on being in Charlotte.

Ain't no " seems to be" to it.......full fledged charlatan.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-23-2020, 04:20 AM
Now I remember why I quit coming on here, fukin idiots. Worldwide virus, but in one country, it’s political. Because tin foil hats and we are such a self centered country. And both sides have made it that, so you can quit the poor me BS.

In saying that, because y’all are just not being logical, they should run the race, and concerts etc. We have to get back to living, is it great to catch, of course not. But the mortality rate is somewhere in the 1-5% range I believe. We all just need to get back to living. And no masks either.

Did vacation in Gatlinburg last month, and it was great. Life is too short to live in fear of a virus that isn’t that deadly. Now, if I was one of the stats, or my wife and kids, maybe I’d sing another tune. My wife had some of her workers get it, but they lived.

It’s a shame a global virus has been made political here by both of our worthless parties, and y’all just gobble it up.

LM1M
09-23-2020, 06:53 AM
Hope this governor doesn't plan on getting reelected because its not going to happen

nc mudcat
09-23-2020, 08:34 AM
Don't be surprised if he wins re-election. In my country town, no one would ever admit to voting for him, but in Raleigh where my son lives, no one would ever admit to not voting for him. This election is still a toss-up, on the state and national levels. With that said, the World Finals won't happen in NC unless they do it without fans.

Mister Ricochet
09-23-2020, 09:21 AM
If it must be moved I vote for holding it at I-80. .......... What about the TN tracks? Can Volunteer, 411 or Smoky Mountain hold an event this big? How bout Cherokee in SC? ....... But I'd guess the Floridian tracks would fit too.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-23-2020, 09:28 AM
My guess would be “if” it’s moved-it will go to Volusia since World Racing Group owns the track.

Andrews42FAN
09-23-2020, 09:37 AM
I would too so I can hold your money as long as I need to before issuing any refund

Ticket office told me when I called last week that a credit would be issued if no race is held - so dont plan on a refund.

EvelB7
09-23-2020, 10:07 AM
More things will open back up a few weeks before the election... Governor Cooper will claim he 'saved us all' and try to get the vote. The virus is bad, however it should be our choice to stay at home and live in fear or go out and live-as for the mask, if you are afraid you may catch it from me stay at home!

HIGH ROLLER
09-23-2020, 10:38 AM
They got a concert at the big track next week i believe

B_K
09-23-2020, 10:40 AM

Can you imagine what sort of situation we would be under right now if we had elected Stacy Abrams?

More thankful for governor shotgun daily.

EvelB7
09-23-2020, 01:26 PM
They got a concert at the big track next week i believeFairly certain it is a 'Drive In" concert....will not be people seated next to each other (unless your together in your car) in the stadium seats...

HIGH ROLLER
09-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Fairly certain it is a 'Drive In" concert....will not be people seated next to each other (unless your together in your car) in the stadium seats...

Ok i was wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying

ZERO25
09-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Can you imagine what sort of situation we would be under right now if we had elected Stacy Abrams?

More thankful for governor shotgun daily.

She surely woulda helped the economic condition, at least the healthcare field.......with all that dental work she needed! :)

(Yes, the extra spacing between the words was to simulate her medical condition!) :)

B_K
09-23-2020, 07:21 PM
She surely woulda helped the economic condition, at least the healthcare field.......with all that dental work she needed! :)

(Yes, the extra spacing between the words was to simulate her medical condition!) :)

Excuse me governor, but you seem to have gotten the entire ear of corn stuck between your front teeth.

dirtSLMracing
09-23-2020, 08:11 PM
My question would be what can be listed as the official capacity of the dirt track. The stands on the front are listed at 14K. I have seen people sitting 4 and 5 deep on the hill around turns 1 & 2 and down the back stretch plus you add in the stands on the back stretch and the hill in turn 4. If you sold a total of 7k tickets would someone come out to question that? Now my thoughts mean nothing to those making the decisions just curious on how that would play out.

EvelB7
09-24-2020, 06:49 AM
Yes, they would question that (and Charlotte Motor Speedway has to much to lose by pushing the envelope). The state has taken video and pictures at a few of the tracks that did open (and are again closed), letting them know that if it continued they had better get a good lawyer....CMS has been an 'example' of how to do an event under the currents regulations (news has covered a concert they had) so I do not believe they will not take any chances. I do believe the number allowed will increase before the event so this could be the saving grace.

nc mudcat
09-24-2020, 03:18 PM
https://www.drydene.com/blog/drydene-performance-products-to-sponsor-the-world-short-track-championship/

Barbecueboy
09-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Hope I'm wrong......I just don't see it happening.

But if it does, and they let people in I'll most likely be there again.

EvelB7
09-24-2020, 03:43 PM
I spoke with a CMS staff member a few weeks ago, they can run the Short Track Nationals without fans so I am sure it will happen; WoO I think we are still waiting to hear....

Barbecueboy
09-24-2020, 03:56 PM
The short track nationals deal is on my list ......haven't been to it yet.

My buddies that have say the racing is stellar.

Rajflyboy
09-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Short track nationals was awesome. I went to the first one. Not a lot of fans that year

bloomy18018
09-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Just heard the big track will have fans in the stands for the ROVAL NapCar race, things are maybe promising

Rajflyboy
09-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Just heard the big track will have fans in the stands for the ROVAL NapCar race, things are maybe promisingNot really. I think they are allowing so few fans that they are having to give refunds or credits for some of the cup race fans that have bought tickets.

Rajflyboy
09-28-2020, 06:55 PM
https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/events/bank-of-america-roval-400/

TeNfOMaFiA69
09-28-2020, 08:01 PM
https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/events/bank-of-america-roval-400/

they are allowing 7% of capacity... roughly 5k people.... unfortunately the dirt track only holding like 12k people... so 7% of that would be like 800 fans

Burke1118
09-29-2020, 08:08 AM
they are allowing 7% of capacity... roughly 5k people.... unfortunately the dirt track only holding like 12k people... so 7% of that would be like 800 fansI mean, if you fill the parking lots, pits, and infield slap to the gills with people, I bet you could get 171,500 people on the property....... 7% of that = 12,000 ppl. Sounds like a potential work around here!

GEAR_HEAD
09-29-2020, 08:39 AM
The election will be over by then so nobody will care.

Rajflyboy
09-29-2020, 09:20 AM
I mean, if you fill the parking lots, pits, and infield slap to the gills with people, I bet you could get 171,500 people on the property....... 7% of that = 12,000 ppl. Sounds like a potential work around here!About 160,000 or so back when NASCAR had its success. I think there are well less than 100,000 Seats now. Turn 2 BIG grandstand was torn down years ago.

dirtSLMracing
09-29-2020, 09:39 AM
About 160,000 or so back when NASCAR had its success. I think there are well less than 100,000 Seats now. Turn 2 BIG grandstand was torn down years ago.

To me it appears he is referring to the dirt track.

fryefan
09-29-2020, 11:23 AM
The election will be over by then so nobody will care.

Covid-19 is going to be an issue well into 2021.

GEAR_HEAD
09-29-2020, 11:56 AM

It's not even an issue now!

Rajflyboy
09-29-2020, 12:47 PM
It's not even an issue now!This👍👍👍👍👍👍

Barbecueboy
09-29-2020, 01:02 PM

Maybe so.....but the news coverage on it will all but disappear if trump loses.

I've offered multiple wagers on this but have yet to have a taker.

racincowboy02
09-29-2020, 01:38 PM
BBQ I wouldn't touch that bet with a 1,000 ft pole lol if you goin to make a bet atleast make it halfway winable lol jk

Barbecueboy
09-29-2020, 04:25 PM
Nobody will take that bet.....not even the hardest core trump haters.....why????

Because they know deep down its true and they will lose.

And they wonder why?

dirtSLMracing
09-30-2020, 09:25 AM
I have to say I am officially befuddled on what is going on for the World Finals. 5 weeks away and looking at their twitter it's like a normal year. Absolutely no mention of the Chinese Virus. Facts we know... more tickets have been sold than stands will allow. No announcement on how that will be handled.

GEAR_HEAD
09-30-2020, 09:59 AM
I have to say I am officially befuddled on what is going on for the World Finals. 5 weeks away and looking at their twitter it's like a normal year. Absolutely no mention of the Chinese Virus. Facts we know... more tickets have been sold than stands will allow. No announcement on how that will be handled.

They have reserved seating so it's impossible to sell more seats than the stands can hold.

dirtSLMracing
09-30-2020, 10:20 AM
They have reserved seating so it's impossible to sell more seats than the stands can hold.

Dude.. the stands will not hold what has been sold because of the virus. Pay attention.

HIGH ROLLER
09-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Gov cooper going to make announcement on next phase today. Hopefully it will help

Rajflyboy
09-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Gov cooper going to make announcement on next phase today. Hopefully it will helpI’m sure state will open AFTER the election

Barbecueboy
09-30-2020, 06:49 PM
He will use opening up as his trump card to win, I think he will open it sooner.....no pun intended.

Guy is a full fledged Idiot just running on autopilot.

Rajflyboy
09-30-2020, 07:00 PM
He will use opening up as his trump card to win, I think he will open it sooner.....no pun intended.Guy is a full fledged Idiot just running on autopilot.He certainly doesn’t talk much 😜

GEAR_HEAD
09-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Dude.. the stands will not hold what has been sold because of the virus. Pay attention.

Dude...The Federal government ruled that the state government cannot restrict crowd sizes due to the Constitutional right to assemble. Pay attention.

NeedforLMspeed
09-30-2020, 08:17 PM
Dude...The Federal government ruled that the state government cannot restrict crowd sizes due to the Constitutional right to assemble. Pay attention.

But yet they keep doing so and everyone just goes with it.

dirtSLMracing
09-30-2020, 09:04 PM

I guess you just came out of a coma.. hope the recovery goes well. The upcoming Nascar race at Charlotte is limited to 7% of capacity. The Carolina Panthers are limited to 7%. The UNC football games coming up are limited to 7%. The Dirt Track that typically hosts the World Finals is in North Carolina. You can flap all you want about the Federal Government and the Constitution but I live in NC and I know what is currently going on regarding crowd size.

TeNfOMaFiA69
10-01-2020, 01:20 AM
I guess you just came out of a coma.. hope the recovery goes well. The upcoming Nascar race at Charlotte is limited to 7% of capacity. The Carolina Panthers are limited to 7%. The UNC football games coming up are limited to 7%. The Dirt Track that typically hosts the World Finals is in North Carolina. You can flap all you want about the Federal Government and the Constitution but I live in NC and I know what is currently going on regarding crowd size.

::::::::mic drop:::::::

Barbecueboy
10-01-2020, 07:25 AM

As someone who grew up in and still regularly visit the beautiful state of NC and have a bunch of family that still live there let me offer condolences for having to live through the Cooper regime.....He has marched the state backwards a few decades.

His puppeteers run that state

GEAR_HEAD
10-01-2020, 07:44 AM

My point is the tracks need to start following the Constitution, not power hungry Dems. The Feds are overruling all of the Dems' infringements on our Constitutional freedoms so there's absolutely nothing the Dems can do to stop these races, so it's all on the tracks now.

nc mudcat
10-01-2020, 07:51 AM
Those tracks are the ones that take the beating if they go against the Governor, not you, the one that says they should open. If they open, they face the governor's wrath. So what if they win the battle in a court of law later on, how much money and time does it take them to fight it? Sometimes, you cut your losses. Opening based on Constitutional rights makes no sense if you lose more than you gain. Easy for us all (me included) to say what we would do, or what tracks should do, when we won't suffer the penalty for doing it.

Barbecueboy
10-01-2020, 08:09 AM
Governor stupor.........idiot.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-01-2020, 08:09 AM
Ncmudcat

Very well said! I have had the same seats for the World Finals since it’s inception. Still got my fingers crossed-but my hopes are diminishing daily!

EvelB7
10-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Yes, thank you nc mudcat. I am friends with one of the promotors who had to shut back down; basically he has contracts (his personal business) with the state.... push the issue and lose your business, made more sense to shut track back down than go broke. Most agree it is crazy (governor can march with protestors but we can't go to a race), but we have our chance to 'fix' it in November...

HIGH ROLLER
10-01-2020, 08:35 AM
This week is deadline for ticket payment. It has to b paid 4weeks before show. We'll see what they do this week.

racincowboy02
10-01-2020, 08:40 AM
BBQ I think you are a very intelligent guy to be honest and you are definitely on to something with all of your statements

fryefan
10-01-2020, 11:18 AM
My point is the tracks need to start following the Constitution, not power hungry Dems. The Feds are overruling all of the Dems' infringements on our Constitutional freedoms so there's absolutely nothing the Dems can do to stop these races, so it's all on the tracks now.

I have a mind of my own, so I am not part of either party. However, I will point out that there are restrictions in states led by Republicans as well, so it is unfair for you to blame it all on the democrats.

Jking24
10-01-2020, 01:53 PM
I have a mind of my own, so I am not part of either party. However, I will point out that there are restrictions in states led by Republicans as well, so it is unfair for you to blame it all on the democrats.It's not uncommon for life long dems to run as a republican in areas that are majority republican and have a long history of voting as such. Whatever it takes to get in office.

Barbecueboy
10-01-2020, 02:37 PM
BBQ I think you are a very intelligent guy to be honest and you are definitely on to something with all of your statements

I appreciate that, but I've just got some good common sense and a marginal southern education according to Mcnugget.

it's all just dumb luck.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-01-2020, 03:08 PM
High Roller

Thanks for the heads up- but I renewed/paid for them last November.
I do have a question: has anyone received their tickets yet?

Dlmfan123
10-01-2020, 03:12 PM
High RollerThanks for the heads up- but I renewed/paid for them last November.I do have a question: has anyone received their tickets yet?I heard they were going out a couple days ago

foxfire2dirtracing
10-01-2020, 03:26 PM
DLmfan123

Thank You!
Nothing today for me.

gb81racing
10-01-2020, 09:20 PM
High Roller

Thanks for the heads up- but I renewed/paid for them last November.
I do have a question: has anyone received their tickets yet?

I was told today that paper tickets wouldn’t be going out this year. That it will be electronic tickets only and they will go out 2 weeks before the event.

Tarheelsc
10-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Heard last night that they will make a decision about the world finals after the Roval race.

champion24
10-13-2020, 11:06 PM
Latest update? In Charlotte with little to no fans or Volusia with many? It's mid October

HIGH ROLLER
10-13-2020, 11:53 PM
Well i say its not happening cuz were stuck at 7% and dont see it changing by nov 5th.

HIGH ROLLER
10-13-2020, 11:55 PM
I dont see alot of the BB MOD guys hauling to fl again.

upaginit in North GA
10-14-2020, 06:06 AM
Please do not forget the people making the decision if the World Finals take place are the same ones that orchestrated the grandstand debacle at Volusia.

thexfactor0210
10-14-2020, 06:39 AM
Called yesterday and they said it is still on but a decision to be made by end of the week. Dont see any way it moves to Volusia now. Guessing limited fans and watch it on PPV.

Burke1118
10-14-2020, 07:13 AM
Well i say its not happening cuz were stuck at 7% and dont see it changing by nov 5th.Well Blommer and Ricky Weiss were there last night testing according to FB and race monitor...... that would be pretty messed up for Charlotte to be selling test days to guys at 2,000$ a night if they were gonna cancel the dam thing

upaginit in North GA
10-14-2020, 07:17 AM
Not sure how you could think that would be messed up, look at how they let vendors rip us off for food and drinks at the World Finals.

dirtSLMracing
10-14-2020, 07:27 AM
Not sure how you could think that would be messed up, look at how they let vendors rip us off for food and drinks at the World Finals.

No one forces you to buy food and drinks at the World Finals. A little planning takes care of that. A $3 case of Sundrop will last me all 3 days.

I am surprised that with 3 weeks till the race no official announcement from the track has been made on what they plan to do regarding fans.

WisWildManFan
10-14-2020, 07:54 AM
unreal to shut places down when you have 7.1% of tests come up as positive. If you went to an immediate care or a doctors office I would venture to say at a very minimum 95% of the people there would be positive for something. If everyone in the state went to get tested to knock down the positive percent they wouldn't have enough tests and that would be the next shift in the panic. This whole thing is a F'ing joke.

Lennylinda
10-14-2020, 08:10 AM
Deaths and hospitalizations are up in North Carolina. That is no F'ing joke.

WisWildManFan
10-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Deaths and hospitalizations are up in North Carolina. That is no F'ing joke.don't get a kool-aid stain on your wool ;)

dirtSLMracing
10-14-2020, 08:55 AM
Deaths and hospitalizations are up in North Carolina. That is no F'ing joke.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

dirtSLMracing
10-14-2020, 09:00 AM
No way to ever know but I bet the number that have actually died from this Chinese Virus is 5% of what is being reported. Right now 215,000 in the United States so I bet the actual number is right at 11,000.

NeedforLMspeed
10-14-2020, 09:19 AM
No way to ever know but I bet the number that have actually died from this Chinese Virus is 5% of what is being reported. Right now 215,000 in the United States so I bet the actual number is right at 11,000.

Out if 330+ million people...

GEAR_HEAD
10-14-2020, 10:11 AM

The CDC already said that only 6% of those deaths were actually Covid deaths. Most of the rest of the people that died were very elderly and/or in nursing homes and already had serious health issues, even the flu likely would have killed them. And it was all Dem governors that intentionally forced their nursing homes to take Covid patients so that it could spread like wildfire. They quarantined healthy people and knowingly subjected the most vulnerable to Covid.

HIGH ROLLER
10-14-2020, 11:13 AM

I dont buy food there cuz of price but they have to price it up there cuz of the rental fee . I just get food on way and put it in cooler then go to vehicle to eat between all the bs.

Rajflyboy
10-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Very smart way to do it High Roller 👍

HIGH ROLLER
10-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Very smart way to do it High Roller 

And BloomerWon says im goofy? Isnt that right phil!

NeedforLMspeed
10-14-2020, 01:15 PM
Very smart way to do it High Roller 

He's a professional sammich maker. Don't let him fool you.

Dlmfan123
10-14-2020, 07:00 PM
https://twitter.com/mikevleone/status/1316521544068280320?s=21

Rajflyboy
10-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Nothing wrong with watching spending when attending an event. Save the money for the race car back in the shop. That’s money better spent.