PDA

View Full Version : cancelled Dirtvision today

hjr2
08-26-2020, 07:03 PM
I subscribe to Flo, Lucas Oil TV and DoD. At first the idea of all WoO races and Summer Nationals got me interested, but the production value and overall lack of competition doesn't justify the monthly fee. They don't even have a chat going during the event like DoD. WoO races are just not interesting at all. I can't tell if it's the camera work or just the Rocket House car but it's like watching the same race week in and week out and I'm not really interested in watching iRacing. Lucas Oil has always had great production, multiple cameras and knowledgable commentators who can refer to the history of the sport and don't just sit there rattling off commercials like a radio DJ all night for a flat rate for the year of $100. Flo has a nice variety of open wheel, mods and weekend action at tracks around the US for a flat rate over the year, $200 I think? Dirtvision charging 39 a month, which is $51 CAD (I'm in Canada) would equal $612 for the whole year. Doesn't that seem steep? It's a fraction of the quality for multiples of the price. That being said I will still purchase individual events from Dirtvision but the Fastpass has stopped making sense.

Rajflyboy
08-26-2020, 07:08 PM
Makes total sense

Onlydirtlate22
08-26-2020, 08:24 PM
And to think last year they had a separate fast pass for late models and sprint cars..

DLC
08-26-2020, 09:02 PM
I thought I'd miss it I have not one bit.

It's pathetic what politics that they are playing.

Now they make DOD put their logo in the top
corner all the time during their races,and at the end now
they have to show a commercial for fastpass.

Now this thread will be deleted.....

DirtyD31
08-26-2020, 09:42 PM
I don’t miss it neither, and I fell exactly as u explained it.

plunks7
08-26-2020, 09:43 PM
I also cancelled!!!

Spanky44
08-26-2020, 10:03 PM
I cancelled mine as well! It's a joke buffering every 20 minutes then you have to refresh.

HoosierDirtFan
08-26-2020, 10:08 PM
That's odd I've never had an issue with any streaming platform.

bystander
08-26-2020, 10:55 PM
The announcers are annoying and the music they play between races is aggravating. Cancelled.

champion24
08-26-2020, 11:32 PM
That's odd I've never had an issue with any streaming platform.

You've never had issues? How do you watch? Dirtvision seems to be the worst, and it's the most expensive! Surely next year they will at least have a discounted yearly package.

TBSprintFan
08-27-2020, 02:29 AM
The announcers are annoying and the music they play between races is aggravating. Cancelled.

Totally agree, the announcers they have scream just like the music they play, always having to adjust the volume. I .agree with everyone's complaints from the poor quality 1 camera coverage all the way to the very high monthly price. Mine ended last week and I don't miss the hassle of their coverage.

OhioRaceFan
08-27-2020, 04:07 AM
Flo is so much better and they have an app which is something Dirtvision has been promising forever.

TerryM
08-27-2020, 06:12 AM
We have Flo/DOD and LORTV. That's all we need. If they want to remain relevant, DV will have to up their game, and I'm sure they will eventually.

Pennsboro32
08-27-2020, 07:04 AM
I enjoyed watching some of summer nationals races but I am also canceling my sub today.

Tireguy17
08-27-2020, 07:05 AM
While I am not overly impressed with Dirtvision's production, $39.99 for numerous live races every month is a steal! Especially if the summer hadn't been disrupted by Covid. With that being said, I have been a LORTV subscriber since the beginning, and they have their own faults. Races going live late, listening to Dillner, etc.

Network/buffering issues are most likely on the users end with their network or your internet provider, not the streaming service.

427c.i.
08-27-2020, 07:44 AM
We cancelled after the Summernationals was over. I wonder at which point you’ll have to buy an annual subscription to get the usual 5-6 weeks of Summernationals?
I agree with the above poster concerning the Rocket house car series. **yawn**

MotoMatt
08-27-2020, 08:02 AM
That's the one that is just video and track announcer feed, no on site reporters/commentators right? I always hated that I pay same money as DoD live race and get about 1/10 the value.

zach51
08-27-2020, 12:48 PM
Knoxville Weekly Sprints and WOO sprints were the main things I kept my DV for. And now Knoxville weekly is gone. Summernats are gone, which I was getting bored with anyway. Shirley wins all of those and WOO LM's, Sheppard wins all of those it seems, so I agree. The LM part of that deal is boring.

Josh Bayko
08-27-2020, 12:59 PM
WRG will eventually move all of their streaming over to Flo.

Rajflyboy
08-27-2020, 01:01 PM
At least they could do is get some eye candy for driver interviews

Onlydirtlate22
08-27-2020, 02:30 PM
The only gripe I would have is how it is advertised that you get every race, when in fact you do not, and have to pay for USA Nationals, Knoxville Nationals, and kings Royal

gb81racing
08-27-2020, 02:40 PM
The only gripe I would have is how it is advertised that you get every race, when in fact you do not, and have to pay for USA Nationals, Knoxville Nationals, and kings Royal

It says every race live, not every race included for $39. Every race is live you just have to pay extra for a select few. If it says something different I didn’t see it.

Kyle B
08-27-2020, 06:29 PM
Dirtvision actually costs more than you are led to believe. They are billing you $39.99 every 28 days. This means you are making 13 payments per year.

knot
08-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Floracing/DOD, LORTV, and Speed51 covers everything I need.

Rajflyboy
08-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Floracing/DOD, LORTV, and Speed51 covers everything I need.What’s the total bill on that if you don’t mind me asking.

TUTY
08-27-2020, 09:00 PM
And how (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty is the Lucas Oil TV tonight! Voice is at least 3-5 seconds off. Coming out of 4 for time trials and there time is being announced. Stupid

Rajflyboy
08-27-2020, 09:09 PM
Ouch. That doesn’t sound very good.

ButtTrick
08-27-2020, 09:15 PM
And how (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty is the Lucas Oil TV tonight! Voice is at least 3-5 seconds off. Coming out of 4 for time trials and there time is being announced. Stupid

I have that too. Audio is several seconds ahead of video. Thought maybe on my end, but good to know it isn't. Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying. Haven't had that before.

Thedoctor
08-27-2020, 09:27 PM
My volume is out to lunch here tonight to. When Moyer jr and Stormy were crashing that’s when I really noticed it . I was wondering where the crash they were talking about was happening until 5 seconds later they started spinning

Spanky44
08-27-2020, 10:17 PM
Same here. I thought it was just my feed

Mason87
08-27-2020, 11:55 PM
No issues for me

knot
08-28-2020, 08:04 AM
LORTV 60/yr. (Subbed at beginning)
Speed51. 80/yr.
Flo/DOD. 150/yr.

hjr2
08-30-2020, 04:39 PM
The Flo DOD combination is unbeatable, but I love the Lucas Oil Late model series. The Dirt Knights series on Lucas Oil TV is really good for winter watching as well as the Formula series' they have.

james777777
08-31-2020, 06:43 AM
Many of the Summernational races were nothing more than a glorified weekly show. I can't see paying the price for that. But maybe that's how the sport will go on...

TDRacin®
08-31-2020, 11:46 AM
It's a shame many here can't get the same value out of it as others. The WoO Sprints alone are worth the price of admission! The races this year have been over the top!

BirkyTime15B
08-31-2020, 01:03 PM
I love the sprint cars, so the price is and coverage is amazing. For those that complain its not every race, you really need to pay attention to details, like reading. Its truly amazing that people complain about paying for racing that 10 years ago you had to wait til the next day to see, if at all. I support DirtVision/DOD/Flo/LORTV and Done Right TV for my broadcasts. I understand that you all of you expect polished broadcast, but this new thing is getting better exponentially by each year. Most of all of your issues when it comes down to it is that you either have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty internet in your area, or (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty modem and router combination. Fix those issues and life is great for streaming. Rant over. Don't care what you think of my opinion either. Be happy, smile, and say please and thank you.

TBSprintFan
08-31-2020, 01:28 PM
LORTV 60/yr. (Subbed at beginning)
Speed51. 80/yr.
Flo/DOD. 150/yr.

Yes and then there is DirtVision at $519.87/yr at there 28 day billing cycle at $39.99

This is what most people are complaining at the difference of prices amongst the rest. Plus their quality of picture and amount of cameras is at the lowest of the other 3 at the highest price by far.

TDRacin®
08-31-2020, 03:48 PM
Does anyone realize you spend more, on average, a month for cable TV than almost an entire year of dirt racing broadcasts? Yeah, DV costs more than the others, but they also have arguably the two highest series in dirt racing. You can also not subscribe during the off season and not miss much. I will sometimes even go as far as watch the schedule to see when I can skip some days and get away with not wasting up to a month of downtime. I think some have no idea how good we actually have it. You also don't realize if dirt racing was covered on TV you would miss half of the racing we get currently, and pay one hellofa a lot more than what we do now.

I get that value and worth is different for everyone, but arguing that one costs more than the other is all in the eye of the beholder. Some complained that $150 a year for Flo was ridiculous, yet for me, it has been the best bang for the buck BY FAR over any other service. Some complained that paying $150 vs $30 a month was a joke (because they only wanted one race, the Eldora Stream). Of course that wasn't the case, but some still feel they are getting a better value paying $30/$60 instead of $150 (and I guess they are since none of the other content is of interest to them).

We are still in the infancy of dirt racing broadcasts. Years ago many would have worked double shifts to have a chance at seeing the amount of racing available today, no matter the cost. Sadly there are and will always be those who also feel everything should be free, or will bitch and moan about one thing or another. Can't make everyone happy!

DLC
09-03-2020, 01:07 PM
((((( Does anyone realize you spend more, on average, a month for cable TV than almost an entire year of dirt racing broadcasts? Yeah, DV costs more than the others, but they also have arguably the two highest series in dirt racing.)))))))))

Lol

Either you work for DV ,WOO or else you have lost your mind.
You think people pay over $500 a month for cable ????
Cant even start to compare LOLM, to WOOLM.

Jim11h
09-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Well my total cable & Internet was $210/month. Dropped cable and kept Internet and now $75 month. Switched to iptv at $15/month and get all my cable and more. Watched lots of dirt racing thru it too. Got dv for hell tour at garage. Ended up doing 3rd month now but gonna cancel till winter speedweek. Shop wisely!

TDRacin®
09-03-2020, 03:40 PM
((((( Does anyone realize you spend more, on average, a month for cable TV than almost an entire year of dirt racing broadcasts? Yeah, DV costs more than the others, but they also have arguably the two highest series in dirt racing.)))))))))

Lol

Either you work for DV ,WOO or else you have lost your mind.
You think people pay over $500 a month for cable ????
Cant even start to compare LOLM, to WOOLM.

Not surprisingly I think you missed the point. And how you came to $500 a month, math must be really hard for you. Point is, if you add up how much all current dirt racing providers cost per year and divide it by 12, you are still way less than what cable TV costs, and they don't show any dirt racing! I think some people think FS1, NBC Sports, etc is somehow free. It isn't.

If you want to watch WoO, then you need to pay for it. It's value is only up to you to decide, not anyone else. But you also seem to miss the point that WoO shows twice or even three times the amount of races vs Lucas Oil or Flo (counting only premier series, most notably LM's).

The good thing is, you have the choice to subscribe or not. If it were all carried by one broadcaster, we'd all be f'ed!

baltimore
09-03-2020, 06:22 PM
you all might want to check your credit cards they charged my credit card twice the past 4 months like between 3-5 days apart when i contacted them about it they replied with in a couple minutes with the [it was a hiccup in the billing system ]almost like if you didn't say something we know it but aren't saying something

TDRacin®
09-03-2020, 09:46 PM
I put my subs on cards that can't be charged more than once. Privacy.com is your friend! :)

baltimore
09-04-2020, 03:17 PM
i think i need to investigate thanks TD

TDRacin®
09-04-2020, 04:41 PM
i think i need to investigate thanks TD

It's a very wise thing to do! Protects your CC numbers and no one can ever charge you more than you allow. It's also handy when signing up for trial deals where you don't have to worry about forgetting to cancel/unsubscribe to things. You can set it up by amount or date. Really neat concept.

IL LM Fan
09-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Checked mine and didn't have any double billings.

hjr2
09-04-2020, 06:12 PM
No double billings here, but it's a good idea to check these things once in a while.

LM1M
09-04-2020, 11:02 PM
Where do they find these guys to assist Eshelman on the WoO LM broadcasts? The guy tonight is SO bad.