PDA

View Full Version : Thursday at Port Royal

NeedforLMspeed
08-27-2020, 05:50 PM
55 cars signed in

Shiny Side Up 18
08-27-2020, 06:20 PM
Looks like it's absolutely dumping off turns 3 and 4.

Shiny Side Up 18
08-27-2020, 06:22 PM
Now it's raining at the track.

JimBo
08-27-2020, 06:24 PM
Hopefully the rain does not last. I'm watching on LORTV and ready for some Late Model action.

Mister Ricochet
08-27-2020, 06:27 PM
Raining. They think it should end in 30 minutes.

Rajflyboy
08-27-2020, 06:32 PM
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/harrisburg/17102/weather-forecast/330288

Dlmfan123
08-27-2020, 06:48 PM
If you guys haven't been here you need to get here this place is beautiful

nc mudcat
08-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Larson fastest in hot laps

Highside Hustler25
08-27-2020, 08:49 PM
I wonder if Cody Summer has had second thoughts on bailing out on this event now that Larson is in attendance. I'd imagine that it's a huge turnout.

CIRF
08-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Larson is 3rd quick in group B just a tick behind Sheppard but a bunch slower than Owens. 5th fast overall.

Rajflyboy
08-27-2020, 09:00 PM
. Go Jimmy 👍

TerryM
08-27-2020, 09:01 PM
It seems like Owens sets fast time and starts on the pole just about every race.

Mams
08-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Does Johnny Huck’s hood really have “KISS MY D!CK” on it? Really classy!

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-27-2020, 09:28 PM
👆👆👆 yea he had that last yr. Must be tryn to compete w BP. Clan

Shiny Side Up 18
08-27-2020, 09:37 PM
And that's why you wait until the back straightaway to call the start off. What a mess.

Josh Bayko
08-27-2020, 09:54 PM
It seems like Owens sets fast time and starts on the pole just about every race.

He’s having himself a h*ll of a year.

00Hdmn
08-27-2020, 09:56 PM
Larson definitely has a weaker heat, JD is the only real national guy in that heat and he is a top 10 car most nights this year. He has a shot to win if he wins this heat race.

CIRF
08-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Larson kicked some ass in his heat! Starts sixth in the A-main!

NeedforLMspeed
08-27-2020, 10:05 PM
Kicked ass. From the front row...

Dlmfan123
08-27-2020, 10:07 PM
It seems like Owens sets fast time and starts on the pole just about every race.Jimmy Owens has been the fastest qualifier in his group for every race that he’s entered this month (including WoO action).Entering tonight, he’s riding an active streak with laps led in each of the last eight @lucasdirt features.

Dlmfan123
08-27-2020, 10:09 PM
^from Andy savary

WildBill32
08-27-2020, 10:10 PM
Larson did look very good in his heat race I must say...

CIRF
08-27-2020, 10:17 PM
Kicked ass. From the front row...

Won by almost a full straightaway over the guy they call Superman, the best late model racing has to offer!

00Hdmn
08-27-2020, 10:23 PM
Won by almost a full straightaway over the guy they call Superman, the best late model racing has to offer!

Davenport is as good as it gets but he hasn’t been the same since Kevin went with TMac this year.

NeedforLMspeed
08-27-2020, 10:26 PM
Davenport can't find his way out of a wet paper bag in that ride most of this season.

TerryM
08-27-2020, 10:56 PM
Haha, I love Larson, but “Superman” isn’t even a Top Ten guy this year.

racincowboy02
08-27-2020, 11:40 PM
Did Tmac just say that he won't be there tomorrow night that he is goin to race somewhere else tomorrow night

CIRF
08-27-2020, 11:46 PM
Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.

Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.

mccreadiefan39
08-27-2020, 11:50 PM
Did Tmac just say that he won't be there tomorrow night that he is goin to race somewhere else tomorrow night

No, he doesn't have a ride back to New York after Saturday. He had a bunch of friends from New York at the track tonight but they have to go back to race Can-Am Speedway Friday night.

GregA12
08-27-2020, 11:57 PM
Larson definitely ran him hard but it was all good. It seemed like Owens gave him a lot of room when he could’ve slammed to door a couple times. Either way, that was fun to watch. It’s just going to increase the anticipation for the rest of the weekend. Pierce and a Sheppard came on pretty strong at the end too. A lot to look forward to from an entertainment standpoint. I don’t know that I’ve barely heard of Port Royal before about last year but they’ve definitely put themselves on the map with all these big races this year.

BirkyTime15B
08-28-2020, 12:09 AM
Hard racing. I’ll bet that’s why Jimmy didn’t say much. They’ll have to get used to seeing Kyle Larson in a late model if he’s having fun. He noted that they pay better than sprints.

NeedforLMspeed
08-28-2020, 12:11 AM
Hopefully the weather will cooperate the rest of the weekend

Rajflyboy
08-28-2020, 05:24 AM
30 lap race. Let’s do a 100 lap race with Larson in the car.

Rajflyboy
08-28-2020, 05:30 AM
Larson finished 5th. Now now don’t get those panties all wadded up. Nothing too special YET.

EvelB7
08-28-2020, 06:50 AM
Larson finished 5th but he was definitely the show. Guy has 6 laps at Cherokee, maybe another 80 at Friendship- goes to first race against the best in the business wins heat, drives from 6th to 3rd on the outside of the toughest driver this year.... Hits the wall coming off four at the checkered, I can't wait to see 'special'....

Drop Shock
08-28-2020, 06:52 AM
You’re the one that’s special there flyboy. Always on here putting you’re foot in your mouth. The guy was running 3rd in a Lucas race his first time in a late model, do yiu understand how hard that is to do? Obviously not, but this ain’t some local or regional show these are professionals and he made most of them look like amateurs. If you don’t think what you saw last night was special, then you’re just a tard

WisWildManFan
08-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.The real question is how are those carpal tunnel hands gonna hold up beating off for 3 straight broadcasts? Although your boy did impress this field mouse.

chathamracefan
08-28-2020, 07:29 AM
I've seen Larson in person 5 times this year. 1 in midget & 4 in outlaws. In those races, worst finish of 2nd in the midget at Kokomo & Friday night at Knoxville. 3 wins.

When I watch him do some of the things he is doing, I wonder if this is what it felt like to watch AJ Foyt or Mario Andretti back in the 50's & 60's when they were still running a fair amount of dirt. He is doing things that are on a whole other level.

Barbecueboy
08-28-2020, 07:37 AM
I've seen Larson in person 5 times this year. 1 in midget & 4 in outlaws. In those races, worst finish of 2nd in the midget at Kokomo & Friday night at Knoxville. 3 wins.

When I watch him do some of the things he is doing, I wonder if this is what it felt like to watch AJ Foyt or Mario Andretti back in the 50's & 60's when they were still running a fair amount of dirt. He is doing things that are on a whole other level.

Very insightful post, that one will make you think a little......nice.

RiffRaf67
08-28-2020, 08:14 AM
Larson needs to goto the world finals and race all 3 classes, someone give him a BB mod ride plz.

fastford
08-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.

Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.

yep , he put on a good show for the fourth looser , lol....go "O" .....

dirtSLMracing
08-28-2020, 09:32 AM
yep , he put on a good show for the fourth looser , lol....go "O" .....

So which driver was the fourth tighter?

BTExpress
08-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Well worth getting home at 238AM on a work night. I love Port Royal and try to make 4 or 5 races a year. I won't lie, I went specifically to see Larson make his DLM debut, as did many other fans. For the first time taking competitive laps, he more than held his own against a "whose who" of drivers. A podium finish would have been icing on the cake. The atmosphere for a Thursday night was fantastic with a very good sized crowd. Overall Port Royal, the LOLMS and Larson did not disappoint. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the next two nights.

CIRF
08-28-2020, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Rajflyboy

30 lap race. Let’s do a 100 lap race with Larson in the car

Larson won a 100 lap/100 mile race on a dirt track less than a week ago. His ability, talent, skill level is without question. Try another angle.

Originally Posted by WisWildManFan

The real question is how are those carpal tunnel hands gonna hold up beating off for 3 straight broadcasts?

On one hand it's kinda' cool that everything I post triggers you into obsession. On the other hand your references and apparent constant infatuation with adolescent male sexual gratification fantasy's is just a bit creepy. Are you on a pedophile registry somewhere?

CIRF
08-28-2020, 10:42 AM
yep , he put on a good show for the fourth looser , lol....go "O" .....Isn't it "loser"?

Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.

Mason87
08-28-2020, 10:56 AM
The only reason he was the show is because his name, he didn't do anything spectacular he finished 5th on a hammer down track that wasn't racy. Still impressed with him and he is a great talent but until I see him actually have to work through traffic on a dry slick track I'll keep from crowning him the best dirt latemodel driver ever. CIRF make sure you rotate hands and ice down as needed.

dirtMAN007
08-28-2020, 11:01 AM
The only reason he was the show is because his name, he didn't do anything spectacular he finished 5th on a hammer down track that wasn't racy. Still impressed with him and he is a great talent but until I see him actually have to work through traffic on a dry slick track I'll keep from crowning him the best dirt latemodel driver ever. CIRF make sure you rotate hands and ice down as needed.

i heard from a friend that he can switch hands without missing a stroke ......................... IMPRESSIVE !

dirtcrazy4u
08-28-2020, 11:05 AM
With that field of cars it was really impressive what young money did. If he didn't push so hard on that last lap a podium finish was there for the taking. Dang impressive I say. Weather may ruin his fun the next 2 nights but I'm wondering if Rumley has found a new driver for when he decides to take the 6 car out to play. JD watching him put a full straightaway on him had to hurt. Bradon Shepperd playing with the big boys, he needs some of that so that when he goes woo racing he'll go back to dominating the weaker league. Would love to see team rocket go lucas racing for a season.

NeedforLMspeed
08-28-2020, 11:09 AM
In the running for post of the day...

FieldFiller
08-28-2020, 11:11 AM
Isn't it "loser"?Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.I get that Larson did incredibly well for his debut race and may even win tonight, but how exactly is trying to knock the wall down to stay in front of someone embarrassing them?

NeedforLMspeed
08-28-2020, 11:16 AM
Being a points event and seeing TMac leading the race and knowing he's run well recently I don't think Owens is going to take the chance of running a non Lucas regular hard and risking a top 5. Especially on the first night.

Mason87
08-28-2020, 11:17 AM
For someone CIRF feels its necessary to boast about how much better sprints are than late models, I enjoy both don't think one is better than the other but he has a hard on the size of Mt.Rushemore for sprints. I dont see latemodel guys go into the sprint page and post as much as he does here. Think little brother syndrome may fit for him.

drich24
08-28-2020, 11:47 AM
First off, kudos to Port Royal for being able to get the track in great racing condition after the rain. The track was smooth and obviously the high side was dominant with a nice cushion as a result of the rain. One thing to keep in mind, this was a 30 lap race and the track was quickly changing in the last 5 laps or so…the cushion was getting very difficult to manage and cars (Owens) that were working a groove or two lower were starting to exit two and four faster. I think within a few laps this lower groove(s) would have been able to keep pace off the corners or just be able to keep ahead of the guys bouncing off the cushion.

Second, kudos to Kyle Larson for a great run in his first late model race. Whether or not it was top dominant and not slicked off is irrelevant. If he had done the same thing on a slicked off track, the detractors would be saying “well let’s see how he handles a big cushion.” Has there ever been a driver that has been able to do this right out of the chute? Not that I recall. His ability to deal with the air/aero complaints we hear so often was impressive. His comments after the race were interesting in he didn’t really have a problem following other cars. Either it is a result of him knowing how to deal with it in Nascar or with the winged sprints or Rumley has found a way to gain incredible mechanical grip and keep the car planted.

Finally, kudos to Jimmy Owens. Owens could have slammed the door on Larson numerous times, but was respectful and gave Larson room on the high side. I don’t think he was embarrassed, but rather drove a smart race and was slowly working the lower groove and making it slowly work while the others were flirting with the cushion. It was only a matter of time that he was going to pass Larson in that lower groove. If you have watched him all year, when he is out front he runs the same way and when he is behind (not much this year) he typically can run lower and straighter than others and not have to rely on a cushion to be fast.

Barbecueboy
08-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Maybe I missed it, but why didn't Overton jump in up there this weekend?

fastford
08-28-2020, 12:01 PM
So which driver was the fourth tighter?

he was both ...lol....that dont happen with me much , but thanks for pointing it out......

T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 12:01 PM
The only reason he was the show is because his name, he didn't do anything spectacular he finished 5th on a hammer down track that wasn't racy. Still impressed with him and he is a great talent but until I see him actually have to work through traffic on a dry slick track I'll keep from crowning him the best dirt latemodel driver ever. CIRF make sure you rotate hands and ice down as needed.He will be the best ever you watch. I'm changing my name again. I think "DLM KING KYLE"will do

fastford
08-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Isn't it "loser"?

Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.

yep , your right , larson was the 4th "loser" , dam , after i mentioned your grammar a while back , i guess it came back to me...lol...BTW , i like larson and have always pulled for him , i just like JIMMY better because i actually know him , so dont take it personal when i defend him against you or any one else.......

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 12:08 PM
He will be the best ever you watch. I'm changing my name again. I think "DLM KING KYLE"will do

🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫 ur too fummy phil

BloomerWon
08-28-2020, 12:15 PM
He will be the best ever you watch. I'm changing my name again. I think "DLM KING KYLE"will do

Why not just change it to "I'M A LONGHORN PUFFER" and be done with it?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

BloomerWon
08-28-2020, 12:16 PM
來來來來來來來 狼狼狼狼狼狼狼狼狼 ur too fummy phil

They know it's me richie... Calm down already! HAHAHAHAHAHA

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 12:49 PM
They know it's me richie... Calm down already! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I got ur steak w special sause sammichs ready.

BloomerWon
08-28-2020, 01:05 PM
I got ur steak w special sause sammichs ready.

Ok... let me get my tweezers and magnifying glass ready... hahahahahaha Hahaha and hahaha some dam more !!!!!!!!!!

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2020, 01:36 PM
What is this the Food Channel?

T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 01:47 PM
What is this the Food Channel?https://youtu.be/0Wi8Fv0AJA4

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 02:51 PM
https://youtu.be/0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Your a nice piece of work phil!

T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Your a nice piece of work phil!Well thank you richie. You're not... hahahahahaha

racerx99
08-28-2020, 03:51 PM
YEA HAW!!!!!!!!!!!! U guys r hilarious!!! We all know this dude is an interloper, and only gonna be around for a minute. For me it brings attention to our sport, which always is appreciated! open wheel and LM people are all talking, its the BUZZ of all the racing mags nd boards........T Mac got it going rite now! Doubt he can catch Owens for the title....Lets go race again tonight!!!!

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-28-2020, 04:06 PM
YEA HAW!!!!!!!!!!!! U guys r hilarious!!! We all know this dude is an interloper, and only gonna be around for a minute. For me it brings attention to our sport, which always is appreciated! open wheel and LM people are all talking, its the BUZZ of all the racing mags nd boards........T Mac got it going rite now! Doubt he can catch Owens for the title....Lets go race again tonight!!!!

Yea glad to see timmy making some ground up in points. He wont catch jimmy cuz hes so far ahead but he can make a run for 2nd. He was 5th in points about 6 wks ago so hes doing what he has to right now. I believe hes 100pts up on jd for 2nd. Good luck to them

King1
08-28-2020, 05:03 PM
I wish you guys would quit getting tore up over the fact that Larson is running up front, and I really don’t understand how anybody underestimated him. He’s a race car driver and certainly not inferior.
He went to nascar because he’s good just like the other guys that run top 15 in the cup series.
Some of you think that it takes some Jesus driver to drive a DLM but my question is this. Have you ever driven a good car on a slick race track???? Let me tell you, it ain’t hard.
So stop getting your feelings hurt that nobody cares about because Davenport and Owens are at risk of getting beat by Larson. Just embrace the fact that one of the great talents of our time showing up in something besides a sprint car.
I read on some other posts that Larson didn’t seem one bit intimidated by Owens or whoever else. You aren’t going to intimidate him because he’s a race car driver, isn’t afraid of the challenge and quite honestly could care less who’s out there. He races the race track, as does any other smart racer.
I’m sure he’ll bang the cushion and he’ll be downplayed as a Bobby pierce or Davenport circa 2015. But give him time to learn how to give feedback to Kevin and give Kevin time to figure out how to give Kyle what he wants, just as he did with McCreadie and Larson will fit in even more than he is now.

Mason87
08-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Maybe you weren't going fast enough for it to make a difference King1? No it's not hard but it's a whole lot different. I'm not mad or scared hes gonna win hell I was pulling for him last night. Only thing I said was I'll wait to crown him that's it because I know hammer down tracks aren't much to gauge from. I know its nascar but look at Daytona hell anyone can win there mash the gas and turn left.

King1
08-28-2020, 05:55 PM
Daytona isn’t Easy, ask anyone who’s tried to beat Denny Hamlin lately. However it does take a man To win a pocono, Indy, Phoenix, New Hampshire, California, Michigan, Watkins glen, Sonoma, Atlanta, Darlington, Richmond, Bristol, and Martinsville.

I’ve never won a Lucas or WoO race, but I’ve won quite a few on slick race tracks and thought the car was so good that if it were a 10th place car in a Lucas race then the winning car would’ve been a dream to drive. You get one steering and rotating good, then all it takes is enough discipline to not put the wood to it. Kyle Larson has that discipline and quite a bit more.

Mason87
08-28-2020, 06:00 PM
I'm sure he does and he is a generational talent. Kid can drive anything with wheels heck he may even be able to race boats. I'm just the kinda person that likes to see things first then make a decision.

King1
08-28-2020, 06:54 PM
I’m with ya and totally agree. I just hate that some people here think that Larson has to prove something to them. I’m not a Larson nut hugger, but dang people try to find any way possible to discount his showing because they put DLM drivers on some false pedestal and claim them to be the greatest drivers to ever walk because it’s their favorite form of racing. It really is a childish argument to make. It’s like saying “my dad can beat up your dad”
But my argument is pretty childish anyway, but I got what I wanted off my chest.

Illtsate32
08-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Let's see what everyone says when and if Larson goes to tracks where you are faster than the car in front of you and you half to throw a slider to pass, it's part of open wheel racing and accepted but the lm guys will be all butt hurt in a hurry and hel say screw this racing guys get their feelings hurt too easy I'm gone....

Mason87
08-28-2020, 09:27 PM
And here's this guy, nothing wrong with a slider at all. There's a difference between using a slider to pass and using the other car to turn.

WisWildManFan
08-28-2020, 09:58 PM
Austin Dillon won at Daytona and he has as much driving talent as my left testicle. Cup cars have less ponies than most street cars now.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2020, 08:14 AM
Let's see what everyone says when and if Larson goes to tracks where you are faster than the car in front of you and you half to throw a slider to pass, it's part of open wheel racing and accepted but the lm guys will be all butt hurt in a hurry and hel say screw this racing guys get their feelings hurt too easy I'm gone....

You sure do leave a lot........and Larson did throw some sliders to pass, he just didnt wreck anybody to do it.

Probably why you didn't notice them.

Drop Shock
08-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Austin Dillon won at Daytona and he has as much driving talent as my left testicle. Cup cars have less ponies than most street cars now.

So you could be fast time at the World 100 by a couple tenths then??? Because I remember Austin Dillon doing that about 10 years ago.