PDA

View Full Version : Rumley/Longhorn

dirt junkie
08-30-2020, 08:20 AM
Everyone knows Larson is talented but let’s not forget about the mad scientist that Kevin Rumley is. Whenever that guy has time to cook something up it’s usually something good.

2017 when he and JD came outta the woods at the beginning of September and took the Hillbilly and the World like everyone else were tied to trees. And no one will ever be able to doubt what they did in 2015. Not saying Davenport isn’t good but his recent results show. Every jockey needs a fast horse or he’s just another jockey.

I’m not saying what Larson did last night isn’t a big deal. Only that he had a exceptional race car that a lot of guys could have taken from the outside front row at a big wide track like Port and win the race.

Take him to Clarksville and start him mid pack and see what happens. I bet he runs mid pack

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-30-2020, 08:31 AM
I've never seen a pass at Clarksville. That would prove nothing.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-30-2020, 10:07 AM

Exactly!!!!!!!!

dirtcrazy4u
08-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Well listening to Rumley they may show up again. You know if Larson does and say doesn't win all you closet desk jockeys are going to come out of your holes saying the garbage. Go away.

weatherman85
08-30-2020, 10:13 AM
What a joke! Larson still had to put the car on the front row. Every other driver there had they same chance to qualify and run their heat race to put the car on the front row. Rumley’s is exceptional but let’s not act like the other guys weren’t in top notch equipment either.

GottaGoFast
08-30-2020, 10:17 AM
So if Larson goes to Clarksville and puts the car on the front row and wins, you are still going to discredit him because he didnt come from the middle of the pack? What a moron. Seriously are you really that stupid?

t3r3e3
08-30-2020, 10:53 AM

Clarksville might be the single worst track in all of Tennessee, if not the South. Why that place continues getting Summer Nats shows is beyond me.

ZERO25
08-30-2020, 11:45 AM
Gadgetman is BACK!

Makes you wonder, if he had some ideas for the house car that the founders weren't interested in!

Highside Hustler25
08-30-2020, 12:19 PM
So if Larson goes to Clarksville and puts the car on the front row and wins, you are still going to discredit him because he didnt come from the middle of the pack? What a moron. Seriously are you really that stupid?

I'd like to see him at FALS on a hooked up track. Not to say he wouldn't excel but would be neat to see. He put that #6 car through some pretty tight holes late night so who knows. Enjoy it while it's happening. It won't last.

Rajflyboy
08-30-2020, 12:40 PM
Both good. Rumley and Kid Larson

hjr2
08-30-2020, 04:37 PM
That car is the last piece of magic in the DLM world.

GottaGoFast
08-30-2020, 07:31 PM
It won't last? It's only just begun. He's only going to get better with more seat time.

T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Gadgetman is BACK!I have his gadget in my hand right now

Highside Hustler25
08-30-2020, 09:01 PM
It won't last? It's only just begun. He's only going to get better with more seat time.

He is involved with numerous types of race cars right now. Even though he said he was planning on some other events, his schedule is undoubtedly pretty full. And it's only time before he's back in Cup.
The (won't last) wasn't directed at his racing abilities if that's what you're implying.

davis2902
08-31-2020, 05:54 AM
Gadgetman is BACK!

Makes you wonder, if he had some ideas for the house car that the founders weren't interested in!

Yep,, pics already floating around social media.

Josh Bayko
08-31-2020, 06:34 AM
He is involved with numerous types of race cars right now. Even though he said he was planning on some other events, his schedule is undoubtedly pretty full. And it's only time before he's back in Cup.
The (won't last) wasn't directed at his racing abilities if that's what you're implying.

NASCAR types would almost assuredly be more comfortable with him in a dlm as opposed to springs or midgets. Better safety record.

riddle28
08-31-2020, 06:39 AM
this guy not getting a shot at indy car or f1 would be a shame. He has nothing to prove in nascar hes better than that. i see all these people say yea hes good but he had the best car out there, i suggest you go to DoD and watch the rocket shop tour videos last week and tell me how it gets any better rescources than that

james777777
08-31-2020, 06:40 AM
Yep,, pics already floating around social media.Whose pages? I'd like to see!

Rajflyboy
08-31-2020, 07:54 AM
this guy not getting a shot at indy car or f1 would be a shame. He has nothing to prove in nascar hes better than that. i see all these people say yea hes good but he had the best car out there, i suggest you go to DoD and watch the rocket shop tour videos last week and tell me how it gets any better rescources than thatWhere is the $$$$$ at? That’s where he should be.

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-31-2020, 04:34 PM
F1 drivers makes more money than NASCAR drivers... by a lot... but Kyle would never do it because he and his family would have to relocate to europe

ZERO25
08-31-2020, 05:08 PM
Yep,, pics already floating around social media.

I saw them today.....very interesting!

james777777
08-31-2020, 05:12 PM
I saw them today.....very interesting!Where? I want to see!

ZERO25
08-31-2020, 05:18 PM
Where? I want to see!

They were sent to my phone but i dont know how to download them on here!

The only thing you can really see is the rr coilover is mounted on the outside of the framerail.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
08-31-2020, 05:27 PM

The only thing you can really see is the rr coilover is mounted on the outside of the framerail.

copy and paste them to here

drich24
08-31-2020, 09:01 PM
He won’t be getting a shot at F1. That is a whole different ballgame and he hasn’t done any road racing in an open wheel car, that I am aware. Would it be fun to see him in and Indy Car, yes. If he races for Tony Stewart, I would think there could be a possible ‘fun’ drive in a Haas F1 car.

dirtcrazy4u
08-31-2020, 09:53 PM
If hass wants kyle larson you bet he'll be in the car. Any car that carries his sponsorship. It may be a very interesting off season for kyle larson.

Josh Bayko
08-31-2020, 10:04 PM
This F1 talk is ridiculous. Kyle Larson is insanely talented as a driver, but F1 racing is an entirely different ballgame and he has never done anything even remotely close to it. Americans are simply not good at that style of racing.

dalemcfan
08-31-2020, 10:05 PM
Greg Zippadelli said today that he doesn’t foresee a change in their driver lineup for next year. It is believed that the contracts for Bowyer and Almirola are up at end of year. He said they are very close to getting one signed and the other is progressing.

dirtcrazy4u
09-01-2020, 06:17 AM
The only reason Almira is there is because he brings a ton of cash with him in sponsorship dollars. I have nothing against the guy but he has done nothing in a cup car. Bowyer isn't that far behind either. Guy has some of the worst luck in cup racing.

NeedforLMspeed
09-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Almirola just confirmed he'll be back at SH next year.

fastford
09-01-2020, 06:22 PM
I like larson , always have , i dont care much for nascar and the way they treated him in this bubber wallace politically correct world , but i would like to see him in one of those stewart hass fords , and if tony would do that , I would gain back some lost respect for him.....

Jking24
09-01-2020, 08:15 PM
They were sent to my phone but i dont know how to download them on here!The only thing you can really see is the rr coilover is mounted on the outside of the framerail.I would also be interested in these pictures . Not much room outside the frame rail unless the whole rear clip is different

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-01-2020, 08:22 PM

Just a conspiracy to say his car was out of line from others and was running a gadget. U have nothing on him. Look in the dr seat thats the gadget! Joke on you pal.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-01-2020, 08:24 PM
I would also be interested in these pictures . Not much room outside the frame rail unless the whole rear clip is different

He blows smoke up his own azz and gets high on the exhale and comes out w gibberish and hog wash!

BloomerWon
09-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Just a conspiracy to say his car was out of line from others and was running a gadget. U have nothing on him. Look in the dr seat thats the gadget! Joke on you pal.

Ease on back off Rumley's nuts there a little...

HAHAHAHAHAHA . . ... ......... . ........

NeedforLMspeed
09-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Look in the dr seat thats the gadget! Joke on you pal.

What's a dr seat? The little swivel stool on wheels the doctor sits on?

davis2902
09-01-2020, 08:48 PM

Sorry man, I saw the pictures. Let's just say there's is not a longhorn on the track that is anything like the 6 car. RR shock mount was just one of a list of things.

Barbecueboy
09-01-2020, 08:56 PM
I like larson , always have , i dont care much for nascar and the way they treated him in this bubber wallace politically correct world , but i would like to see him in one of those stewart hass fords , and if tony would do that , I would gain back some lost respect for him.....

Larson will get the last laugh with NASCAR.

racerx99
09-01-2020, 09:23 PM
believe he co-drove some 24 hrs of Daytona races, might even have had a class win...so I think he can go right pretty good too..... Good car + Good driver = win... they did everything 'right' sat. nite... what more can you say. tricky, tricky.....hummmm

Escobar
09-02-2020, 06:31 AM
F1 drivers makes more money than NASCAR drivers... by a lot... but Kyle would never do it because he and his family would have to relocate to europe

F1 drivers salaries make most NASCAR salaries seem like they need to be standing in a line for a soup kitchen.

dirtcrazy4u
09-02-2020, 11:47 AM
He wouldn't do it ??? Right. If hass gave him that phone call he'd be on a plane and testing in a heart beat. Those guys make millions and are treated like God's. He would make more in sponsorship endorsements than he would in salary from a nascrap owner. To compete with F1 you gotta have to be able to hang it all out and qualify. If your car or team can't compete then you mite as well forget it.

hjr2
09-02-2020, 01:33 PM
F1 drivers salaries make most NASCAR salaries seem like they need to be standing in a line for a soup kitchen.It's like fighter pilots vs. truck drivers

Highside Hustler25
09-02-2020, 01:42 PM
F1 drivers salaries make most NASCAR salaries seem like they need to be standing in a line for a soup kitchen.

and the cost to travel and compete must be astronomical.

TeNfOMaFiA69
09-02-2020, 01:43 PM
No... he wouldn’t do it.... it’s the relocating his family to Europe (since almost all the F1 equipment is housed in Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom) that would be the deal breaker...