PDA

View Full Version : Dod and flo racing

gman17
09-07-2020, 11:31 AM
What’s everyone thoughts on having to pay 150 for a year if you wanna watch even one of the shows i had no problem paying 20 bucks here and there and idc about the rest as its series i do not follow just wondering what everyone else thoughts were?

Pennsboro32
09-07-2020, 11:41 AM
$150 a year is a steal.

BirkyTime15B
09-07-2020, 11:51 AM
It’s a steal, same with DirtVision. But I love sprint cars so DirtVision is amazing during the summer with WoO Sprints, Late Models, Summer Nats, Knoxville, Attica, and Williams Grove. LORTV I think has the least to offer for me.

Highside Hustler25
09-07-2020, 11:52 AM
My thoughts, Nothing in life is free. If you want the coverage, ya have to pay the price. I think it's fair.

lastplacecar
09-07-2020, 12:14 PM
My thoughts, Nothing in life is free. If you want the coverage, ya have to pay the price. I think it's fair.

This 100%. If you wanted to watch the race in person what would it cost you to drive there and pay the admission fee? I personally like it due to being able to watch races all over the US at tracks I’ll probable never be able to attend. $150 per year is only $12.50 per month which is way less than I can’t pay to attend 1 race per month for.

Highside Hustler25
09-07-2020, 12:39 PM
This last weekend...

Gas-$50.00
Pit passes- $80.00
Food &
Beverage-$40.00

Total-$170.00

That $150.00 doesn't sound so bad when you add up the #'s.

Bob Hubbard
09-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Best $ 150 I ever put on my wife's cc .....

NeedforLMspeed
09-07-2020, 03:21 PM
This last weekend...

Gas-$50.00
Pit passes- $80.00
Food &
Beverage-$40.00

Total-$170.00

That $150.00 doesn't sound so bad when you add up the #'s.
Except the experience and atmosphere of actually being there compared to sitting at home

hjr2
09-07-2020, 04:00 PM
That $20 here and there will add up to more than $150 over the whole season. I used to buy every DoD race since 2014, it was hundreds and hundres of dollars every race season.

TerryM
09-07-2020, 04:59 PM
I’ve watched probably 100 races since I purchased Flo in June. Since then, they’ve also combined Flo and DOD, and dropped $100 off. How can anyone complain about this?

TerryM
09-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Except the experience and atmosphere of actually being there compared to sitting at home
In your own words ... You don’t attend any races in person, and you don’t have any of these streaming services. So how can you even have an opinion?

champion24
09-07-2020, 05:54 PM
Does anyone still have the email or info from DoD, that was supposed to give us free Flo for the rest of the year. We did it, and Flo still wants us to pay to watch anything.

NeedforLMspeed
09-07-2020, 05:55 PM
I don't attend because there isn't a track near me that runs regularly and when it does usually my work schedule doesn't allow. My closest track is close to 3 hrs away. I don't pay for streaming because I can just watch the highlights from various other outlets for what I'm interested in. Sometimes when you live on a slightly tight budget at times you have to comprise and spend it wisely. Don't judge me if you don't know me.

Highside Hustler25
09-07-2020, 05:57 PM

I hit 2 out of 3 Mars series races. The one I stayed home for was probably the most comfortable of the 3. Stocked ice box, comfy sofa, in bed 10 minutes after the checkers. What's not to like about that?

NeedforLMspeed
09-07-2020, 06:05 PM
I'm sure it has it's pros and cons like everything else

Action10
09-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Do they have monthly subscriptions or is it only $150 for the year?

Stretch 232
09-07-2020, 08:32 PM
Do they have monthly subscriptions or is it only $150 for the year?
Also very confused about how this will work. My friend has had DOD for over a year and loves it, but when I ask about if they are covering the Eldora Invitational he still doesn't have a good answer. I think the DOD would be a better option for me going forward, but don't want to jump on it if I'm not going to be able to see the three nights of the Eldora race. Anyone have better information for me?
Thanks in advance.

flagone
09-08-2020, 11:34 AM
You will only get the live events based on the yearly subscription for new subscribers. Old ones will move to that as well going forward I am sure. And it is a great deal.

BTExpress
09-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Stupid question: It is my understanding if you were a DoD subscriber you now get access to Flo as well. But if you subscribed to Flo, you are not able to read or have access to DoD at this point. Is that correct?

Highside Hustler25
09-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Also very confused about how this will work. My friend has had DOD for over a year and loves it, but when I ask about if they are covering the Eldora Invitational he still doesn't have a good answer. I think the DOD would be a better option for me going forward, but don't want to jump on it if I'm not going to be able to see the three nights of the Eldora race. Anyone have better information for me?
Thanks in advance.

This is how it worked for me. Been a DoD subscriber since it's inception. When Flo merged, price went up and I now have both. Your friend should have gotten the same deal. And yes,he should be good for Eldora.

TDRacin®
09-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Stupid question: It is my understanding if you were a DoD subscriber you now get access to Flo as well. But if you subscribed to Flo, you are not able to read or have access to DoD at this point. Is that correct?

This is correct. Last week I sent an email asking them about it and they confirmed this was true. They also said it will be possible for Flo subscribers to get the DOD content in the near future so it sounds like it's some kind of database issue.

As for subscribing to Flo, you used to be able to signup through an alternate Flo Sports site (Flo Gymnastics, Wrestling, etc.) and get access to Flo Racing. Whether that is true now or not, I do not know. You could always try. For me, $150 is a hellofa lot better than paying $30 a month, but I enjoy a lot of stuff Flo Racing broadcasts.

Dirt Reynolds
09-08-2020, 01:05 PM
I have noticed that poor people are the only ones crying about these prices. I just pay them and enjoy the content.

Mason87
09-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Wow that's an ignorant comment dirtreynolds, maybe some of these people are on a fixed income. That comment shows the piece of sh1t you are.

JimBo
09-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Yearly membership is a great deal. I can see races all over the country that I could not attend otherwise.

NeedforLMspeed
09-08-2020, 04:23 PM
I have noticed that poor people are the only ones crying about these prices. I just pay them and enjoy the content.

No where did I say I was poor. No where did I complain about prices for streaming.

TerryM
09-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Just watched the 1988 World 100 on Flo. Watching the 1991 World 100 now.

NeedforLMspeed
09-08-2020, 06:51 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWXicbmbJYs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pglh2tGBZE8

Dirt Reynolds
09-09-2020, 06:17 AM
Wow that's an ignorant comment dirtreynolds, maybe some of these people are on a fixed income. That comment shows the piece of sh1t you are.

Take your blood pressure medicine and go sit in the corner.

There is no way that someone gets that upset unless they believe its directed at them.

Say Goodnight Kevin.

Dirt Reynolds
09-09-2020, 06:19 AM
No where did I say I was poor. No where did I complain about prices for streaming.

no one said you did Mr. Guilty Conscience.

It was a general statement. Quit being a 15-year old girl that thinks everyone is talking about them.

golddirt
09-09-2020, 06:42 AM
Watching racing on tv sucks, You can only watch what they show you and it’s just not the same as being there but with this messed up year of 2020 it’s better than nothing I guess

Mason87
09-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Kevin that's funny, in no way did I think that was directed at me I have all the streaming service and can afford them but I'm not trashing other people like you. Look at me I got money get out a your moms basement.

Dirt Reynolds
09-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Kevin that's funny, in no way did I think that was directed at me I have all the streaming service and can afford them but I'm not trashing other people like you. Look at me I got money get out a your moms basement.

hahahahahahaha

You sure spoke up for those that are Jesus.

That's fantastic that you can afford them, as can I.

My shot was taken at people who get on this forum day in and day out complaining and crying about having to pay for streaming services. If you love racing (as do you and I) we don't complain. We just buy it and understand the worth. The others? Well, probably un-educated and dumb. Can't help that.

Tell your poor, un-educated followers I said so. (since you know, you are their spokesperson)

P.S. Your mom's basement is really cozy at night. A little chilly, but nothing a blanket and a little snuggle with her can't fix.

Catch ya later Son,

- Dad

b&b
09-09-2020, 08:07 PM
I subscribe to DOD and pay 99.00 a year. Now that FLO took over DOD, how do I join FLO for just 50.00? What is the deal or is there one?

dirt33
09-09-2020, 08:16 PM
I subscribe to DOD and pay 99.00 a year. Now that FLO took over DOD, how do I join FLO for just 50.00? What is the deal or is there one?

You should now have access to Flo, with no payment needed at this time. The next time your DoD account is up for renewal, the cost will be $150.

b&b
09-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Do I just log into Flo with my DOD log in and password? Ok, I tried it and it still wants me to pay. Why in heavens name is this so complicated? No one can give a straight answer as to how this works.

gb81racing
09-09-2020, 10:01 PM
Do I just log into Flo with my DOD log in and password? Ok, I tried it and it still wants me to pay. Why in heavens name is this so complicated? No one can give a straight answer as to how this works.

You should mssg DoD and they will tell you what you need to
do. I had to do that and it’s set up now

b&b
09-10-2020, 09:18 AM
I have. I even messages Flo. Will see if I get a response. Thx
Update... no answer from dod, so I went to account updated subscription which will bill 150.00 next year. So let’s see if I get the race now....
All is updated, so good to go!

Billy_the_kid
09-11-2020, 03:54 PM
DoD has always responded to me very quickly. I am disappointed in them that they have eliminated the month to month subscription. I have the luxury to shell out $150 for the one time payment, not bragging, just sayin. I have 2 friends however that are not in the same situation as I. One is out of work due to covid and the other is on SSI and is on a fixed income. It sucks for them as they are avid fans and this is the time of the season where there are a lot of big races approaching. I really wish DoD would reconsider their choice because i am sure there are a lot of others in the same shoes.

ILL-DIRTDOG
09-12-2020, 05:34 AM
DoD has always responded to me very quickly. I am disappointed in them that they have eliminated the month to month subscription. I have the luxury to shell out $150 for the one time payment, not bragging, just sayin. I have 2 friends however that are not in the same situation as I. One is out of work due to covid and the other is on SSI and is on a fixed income. It sucks for them as they are avid fans and this is the time of the season where there are a lot of big races approaching. I really wish DoD would reconsider their choice because i am sure there are a lot of others in the same shoes.

It took me two weeks with eventually talking to them on phone to get flo added to my monthly DOD account. It cost me $3 more a month. Now less than two weeks later it says I am not a premium subscriber to DOD. Wait ....I just paid to be getting both...

Bob Hubbard
09-15-2020, 07:55 AM
I been a dod subscriber for years but got a bill on my cc for 150 yesterday from floracing ...

fryefan
09-15-2020, 11:10 AM
Floracing purchased DoD several months ago. That is why you received a bill from them.

Bob Hubbard
09-15-2020, 11:21 AM
I think I already paid 150 this year to dod ? Im not sure but I think Ive been billed twice ...once by dod & now by flo ...

Bob Hubbard
09-15-2020, 11:35 AM
FloSports Support via 90bwshiudkwz.1n-1bndnuas.na116.bnc.salesforce.com
12:25 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me

Hi Bob,

The DoD/Flo access began in August. Your FloRacing subscription was started January 22 of this year. It will expire a year from that date. Moving forward you will not be billed for this as your DirtonDirt will include your FloRacing access. It will not renew until September 15, 2021.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit for you. The only way to get DoD is with a DoD subscription at this time as well, so this is an added benefit.

TDRacin®
09-15-2020, 11:37 AM
FloSports Support via 90bwshiudkwz.1n-1bndnuas.na116.bnc.salesforce.com
12:25 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me

Hi Bob,

The DoD/Flo access began in August. Your FloRacing subscription was started January 22 of this year. It will expire a year from that date. Moving forward you will not be billed for this as your DirtonDirt will include your FloRacing access. It will not renew until September 15, 2021.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit for you. The only way to get DoD is with a DoD subscription at this time as well, so this is an added benefit.

So were you actually billed twice?

Bob Hubbard
09-15-2020, 12:11 PM
The way I read this is I paid floracing in jan 22 .... I'm guessing this was an oversight since my dod subscription should have got me full access .... Now dod sub ran out ....

TDRacin®
09-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Based on that reply from Flo, it appears you subscribed to Flo in January and then today you re-subscribed (automatically) to DoD since you were a yearly subscriber. I would ask them to reverse the charge or better yet, just refund you a pro-rated amount on your January Flo sub so you can now access both Flo and DoD with a DoD subscription. You were technically billed by Flo (they do this now that they own DoD) but it was for a DoD subscription.

I will say they really need to get this subscription situation under control. Right now it is so f'ed up it's no surprise people don't know what is going on. You can subscribe to Flo (and not get access to DoD), but if you subscribe to DoD, you get all-access Flo. You can't subscribe monthly to FloRacing but you can subscribe monthly to FloGymnastics and get FloRacing!

When this merger/acqusition first took place, they were outright lying to people about monthly subscriptions. They probably should have had a plan in place long before messing with subscriptions. They are manually doing a lot of work in the background and still don't have it functioning properly. It's a shame because otherwise FlorRacing is the best thing to happen to dirt racing!

ILL-DIRTDOG
09-26-2020, 07:11 PM
well I need to talk to someone with floracing..They are sending me these robot passwords right now and they are not working.....IF someone has a direct email to Patrick who I talked to before or someone else that can help me I would truly appreciate it.