PDA

View Full Version : Bloomquist

BTExpress
09-11-2020, 09:09 AM
I know we have had 999 posts on Bloomquist and his horrific season, but after watching him last night at Eldora, it is just painful to watch. What does he have to do to even be somewhat competitive at this point of the year? I guess he is obligated by his sponsors to "SHOW UP" at these events. Hopefully he is making a few bucks through his merchandise sales, because he is definitely not making money racing to even justify gas money to get to the track.

JabberJaws83
09-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Put someone else in the car and hope Drydene is happy with that

riddle28
09-11-2020, 10:13 AM
im not sure what the missing link is over there, Just about all the other zero cars are having really good years. I feel like its a combination of the surgery/cody summers running things. The chassis isnt the problem

Jking24
09-11-2020, 10:27 AM
He may need a real crew cheif. While the accident and the surgery may not have affected his ability to drive the car competitively. It may have affected his ability to feel what it needs and make all the calls from the seat. I feel like he climbs out of the car alot knowing what probably should've been done but his feel or lack of led him to make the wrong decisions through the night.

WisWildManFan
09-11-2020, 10:39 AM
i thought that was the best babb's car looked since he's been in a bloomer ride.

TBSprintFan
09-11-2020, 11:01 AM
im not sure what the missing link is over there, Just about all the other zero cars are having really good years. I feel like its a combination of the surgery/cody summers running things. The chassis isnt the problem

No Weak Links lol , he himself is the weak link as the driver.

Pennsboro32
09-11-2020, 11:03 AM
The aliens have departed.

NeedforLMspeed
09-11-2020, 11:15 AM
Describe "really good"

riddle28
09-11-2020, 12:47 PM
for the drivers he has and the schedules they run id say really good. Fergy is having the best year hes ever had, weiss is having about as good as any year he'll always be chasing rocket1 regardless, mcdowell runs so sporadically its hard to gauge them but theyre always consistent where they go, babb seems to be getting the handle on his considering thats not really his driving style, the scott brothers have had the same results in xr's so it wasnt the chassis making them struggle. Madden sucked but that car was out of the zero headquarters where summers oversees things

i-pod
09-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Third quick in hot laps tonight. Maybe he shows some signs of life tonight.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Third quick in hot laps tonight. Maybe he shows some signs of life tonight.

Whoz in the car for him?

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Looks like scott was testing last night

ride height
09-11-2020, 07:16 PM
I’m not really in the Zero fan club, but ya know what...the guy has been pure enjoyment to watch race over the years. Anyone who says they were disappointed to see his hauler in the pits when they got to the track to buy a ticket is a pure liar. Yes, he probably needs to hang it up. No sports figure lasts forever. He made DLM more enjoyable whether you booed him or cheered. I can’t count the races I’ve been to...the same people booing him were cheering when he would come from the back and win, and of course the vice versa. He was Pure entertainment. He gave you your moneys worth many times in the past. Do you really need to crap on the man now? Every good movie needs a villain. He deserves an “Oscar” for his contribution to dirt racin.

Rajflyboy
09-11-2020, 07:30 PM
I agree. Exactly how I felt seeing his car/hauler last week here at the local track.

NeedforLMspeed
09-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Looks like scott was testing last night

Hard to say. The battery took a dump and put them behind.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Hard to say. The battery took a dump and put them behind.

With way he qualified tonight compaired to last night i thought he may have been tryn something. Hope all goes well rest of wknd. I like to see him get beat when hes running good rather than when hes struggling. It was weird to see him run last at lancaster last sat.

NeedforLMspeed
09-11-2020, 07:39 PM
Beat booby last night. That's all that matters.

WisWildManFan
09-11-2020, 08:49 PM
i thought that was the best babb's car looked since he's been in a bloomer ride.You smart sob

NeedforLMspeed
09-11-2020, 10:07 PM
I thought Babb just looked like chit in it last time out? Was it I-80 or Cedar Lake?

Dlmfan123
09-11-2020, 10:29 PM
I thought Babb just looked like chit in it last time out? Was it I-80 or Cedar Lake?Last time he was in that car was Batesville and was up front until he spun

NeedforLMspeed
09-11-2020, 10:30 PM
I thought someone said he went back to the rocket. I went and looked it was I80 they said it was garbage.

lw82
09-11-2020, 11:01 PM
He is not 100 percent. New cars are junk. You guys dont get it. Mallory made it work. Ask Ronny Crooks he will tell you. LoL. Blast on that one Highside Hustler.

TeNfOMaFiA69
09-11-2020, 11:58 PM
Last time he was in that car was Batesville and was up front until he spun

The last time he was in it was I-80... he was in the Rocket at Batesville

NeedforLMspeed
09-12-2020, 12:54 AM
Babb said it was the Bloomquist car at Batesville in the Eldora interview. And that it's Ed Petroffs baby. I wouldve swore it was a Rocket at Batesville.

Dlmfan123
09-12-2020, 07:09 AM
https://www.dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=8688

Highside Hustler25
09-12-2020, 07:42 AM
He is not 100 percent. New cars are junk. You guys dont get it. Mallory made it work. Ask Ronny Crooks he will tell you. LoL. Blast on that one Highside Hustler.
Mallory's only job is to apply the slick mist to the car before qualifying. Oh, and to wash the car the next morning. Quit swinging from his boulder holder. Makes you sound like you swing the wrong way.

King1
09-12-2020, 09:47 AM
One of his older crew members told me that they couldn’t get the cars straight in the building process.
A buddy of mine that is in the insurance business in East Tennessee said he saw 2 of the newer cars being repaired at Chase King’s. He’s got a some major car issues, if you remember, he partnered with sweet shortly after Bruce left to be a rocket dealer. He needs to find someone to help carry out the fabrication process.
Bloomquist is a setup genius, he didn’t forget how to make speed overnight.

NeedforLMspeed
09-12-2020, 10:41 AM
I don't know. Picture shows one thing and the interview says another. Maybe they put a Rocket sticker on the Bloomquist car lol

Highside Hustler25
09-12-2020, 10:53 AM
Babb's Bloomquist car has a all black nose piece. His Rocket XR1 has a black/Red front.

ZERO25
09-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Bloomers post race comments on Babbs win............"This was a big win for the gossipers, or the people that are stirring s**t, that dont know what theyre talking about.Thats what tonight was a salute to--don think you know things you dont know nothing about."

And then the classic Bloomer crotch-chop!.....luv it!

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Bloomers post race comments on Babbs win............"This was a big win for the gossipers, or the people that are stirring s**t, that dont know what theyre talking about.Thats what tonight was a salute to--don think you know things you dont know nothing about."

And then the classic Bloomer crotch-chop!.....luv it!

Ok we'll see if last night was just a fluke. Watch what happens tonight!😲😲

lw82
09-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Never mind what Scott says. Goto DoD and watch Babbs victory interview in recap video and notice which Cody he thanks by accident before he says Cody Sommers. You dont make a mistake like that unless he actually helped him which he did along with other bloomer drivers like Fergusson and Weiss

ZERO25
09-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Ok we'll see if last night was just a fluke. Watch what happens tonight!

So a 1st and a 4th is a fluke......typical!

Go make me and your daddy some sammiches!

Dirt Racing #1
09-12-2020, 02:16 PM
I wouldn’t count out Ferguson Babb Weiss McDowell for tonight’s big race Mac daddy tends run really well at the big eIf the bottom is good and the top shelf slows down tonight. I could see a bloomer chassis in victory lane

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
09-12-2020, 02:19 PM
So a 1st and a 4th is a fluke......typical!

Go make me and your daddy some sammiches!

Yea sure could be

BloomerWon
09-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Ok we'll see if last night was just a fluke. Watch what happens tonight!

Spit the ex lax out! You're spewing poo here again!!!! Hahahahahaha

Sammiches!!! Chop Chop !!!!!!!!!!

Highside Hustler25
09-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Never mind what Scott says. Goto DoD and watch Babbs victory interview in recap video and notice which Cody he thanks by accident before he says Cody Sommers. You dont make a mistake like that unless he actually helped him which he did along with other bloomer drivers like Fergusson and Weiss

Take a cold shower. It will help with your infatuation. You've got your Cody's confused.

lw82
09-12-2020, 03:01 PM
Why would Babb thank Cody Mallory by accident? No infatuation. Just facts Jimmy Owens 700 plus Lucus point lead No more has to be said

NeedforLMspeed
09-12-2020, 03:11 PM
What does Jimmy Owens leading the points by 700 have anything to do with this thread.

BloomerWon
09-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Why would Babb thank Cody Mallory by accident? No infatuation. Just facts Jimmy Owens 700 plus Lucus point lead No more has to be said

It's ok Mr. Clampette. HH gets some what off a bit but he comes around eventually...

lw82
09-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Sounds like BloomerWon has a better understanding of discussion going on here

BloomerWon
09-12-2020, 03:36 PM
I've never jumped into anything without preparation... 😎

lw82
09-12-2020, 03:41 PM
10 4 Does that mean you agree with what I have been saying? What do you think?

BloomerWon
09-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Like I said , hh gets out of the groove a bit...

Like you said, Jed, "ask Crooks". 👍

chupp n bloomer fan
09-12-2020, 08:27 PM
What does Jimmy Owens leading the points by 700 have anything to do with this thread.Cody Mallory is with Jimmy

chupp n bloomer fan
09-12-2020, 08:30 PM
And then tonight Scott runs pretty well, and so does Babb again after getting in a wreck in the heat.

Both from pretty deep. And Babb won’t be over at Josh’s tomorrow for church and a BBQ.:)

Necrosis
09-13-2020, 03:22 AM
Take a cold shower. It will help with your infatuation. You've got your Cody's confused.If it's not obvious, lw82 is one of the aforementioned Cody's. I remember seeing that name logged in to 4m on a certain computer, to the left of a certain TV, on a certain counter, in a certain shop off of Brooks Rd.

Highside Hustler25
09-13-2020, 10:22 AM
What does Jimmy Owens leading the points by 700 have anything to do with this thread.
Dumb dumb thinks Shannon was referring to his boy toy when in actuality, he was referring to Sommers who actually built the chassis Babb has. I'm starting to think that dummy is really Owen's hauler washer.

GottaGoFast
09-13-2020, 10:56 AM
Notice how its crickets in here after every single one of those Bloomquist cars were very fast last night. I love when the so called know-it-alls get schooled proving once again that they have no clue about what's going on with Scott and those cars.And for the ones that have so much to say about Cody Mallory, why not go right up to Jimmy Owens himself at the track and ask him directly what impact Cody has had on his results. I guarantee you wont because it's easy to fling nothing but crap then to actually find out the truth.

ImCryn2
09-13-2020, 02:19 PM
Notice how its crickets in here after every single one of those Bloomquist cars were very fast last night.

It's to be expected that Bloomer cars are good at Eldora. I'll wait to see how they run at other places before I subscribe to the thinking that they got whatever their issues were figured out.

Pennsboro32
09-13-2020, 02:49 PM
Notice how its crickets in here after every single one of those Bloomquist cars were very fast last night. I love when the so called know-it-alls get schooled proving once again that they have no clue about what's going on with Scott and those cars.And for the ones that have so much to say about Cody Mallory, why not go right up to Jimmy Owens himself at the track and ask him directly what impact Cody has had on his results. I guarantee you wont because it's easy to fling nothing but crap then to actually find out the truth.

Nobody said anything about the other Bloomquist cars. Just Scott.

TerryM
09-13-2020, 03:19 PM
It’s crickets because the Longhorns dominated lol.

Highside Hustler25
09-13-2020, 04:07 PM
It's to be expected that Bloomer cars are good at Eldora. I'll wait to see how they run at other places before I subscribe to the thinking that they got whatever their issues were figured out.

Agree. Looking forward to see what Shannon can do at FALS Tuesday. He's pretty much top 5 in the Rocket there. He also sounds very confident in the car. He wants to run it Tue. But guess he needs to get the okay from Ed or Scott.

NeedforLMspeed
09-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Not sure how dominate Longhorn was overall. They had 5 cars I believe in the feature and there were 5 Bloomquist cars. 1 broke a motor and another had fuel pressure issues otherwise they would probably have been in the top ten somewhere

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-13-2020, 04:33 PM
It's pretty funny arguing over where a bunch of tubes were welded and by whom. All that matters is where the bolts are, in space, that mount the suspension links and springs.

NeedforLMspeed
09-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Usually it's the same ones who complain about others arguing over petty stuff.

gorj
09-13-2020, 04:51 PM
We'll see how confident some teams are after Eldora and travel to Greenwood, NE.

klemmabyna
09-13-2020, 05:00 PM
It's pretty funny arguing over where a bunch of tubes were welded and by whom. All that matters is where the bolts are, in space, that mount the suspension links and springs.

may I add that the person holding the steering wheel is part of the equation?

Jking24
09-14-2020, 05:40 AM
It's pretty funny arguing over where a bunch of tubes were welded and by whom. All that matters is where the bolts are, in space, that mount the suspension links and springs.And a prime example of that is the McDowells they previously ran warriors because warrior was close to them. They would get the cars with no mounting points take them to their shop and finish them up. Saved a ton of work for Shane

dirtcrazy4u
09-14-2020, 06:24 AM
When was the last time a rocket won at eldora ? I'm sure someone out there can answer that. Story to follow.

Highside Hustler25
09-14-2020, 06:33 AM
When was the last time a rocket won at eldora ? I'm sure someone out there can answer that. Story to follow.
June 2019. I'll let you tell the story.

dirtcrazy4u
09-14-2020, 06:46 AM
Well HH I didn't think it was that current. Back in the days of Rodney Combs and Mark Richards, when it was real racing, yes I think the drivers from that era were superior. We would always go to the world and one of are first stops was in the combs pit. Years, those 2 would show up with something so far out there it was unreal. Always fast as h*ll, but could never bring that trophy home. The 2 of them fought like cats trying to win that race. Just making a point that that 1 race changed dirt late model racing more than any 1 event ever will. Bullitt, Rayburn, Warrior, GRT, and Mastersbuilt all showed up with cars that changed the face of dirt late model racing, and CJ kept kicking tail with a leaf car. End of my story on the Big E.

Jking24
09-14-2020, 08:04 AM
June 2019. I'll let you tell the story.And september of 2017 prior to that

NeedforLMspeed
09-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Didn't one win Thursday night?????

Josh Bayko
09-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Didn't one win Thursday night?????

Yep. In dominant fashion.