PDA

View Full Version : Engine failures

LM1M
09-14-2020, 10:56 AM
I know there were a lot of engine related issues at Eldora this past weekend because the track was so heavy but it seems like there have been a LOT of engine failures this year as a whole. For those people in the know, is this a product of the engine builders trying to get more HP? Are the wide bore motors sacrificing reliability for torque and top end power?

CILDirt
09-14-2020, 11:51 AM
I’d say it is a combo of a few things. Specifically more power and more traction. The traction on LM now is insane.

Kromulous
09-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Its the constant full bore driving / racing now days. Drivers are in the fuel, and flat on the floor alot more now days with the much better handling cars these days. Modern side effect of the new era wedge cars.

That's why heavy wet tracks are boring now days, everyone has 950 hp, and they will all hold them flat on the floor when needed, and that makes for no passing, unless you screw it up.

crownman25
09-16-2020, 02:04 PM
jd said in the heat he ran 3 laps and never did lift...

50Dixon50
09-16-2020, 05:45 PM
I agree too much horsepower and too much traction that's + a couple things is why they're blowing motors these days something needs to be done and it will also make racing better all around

Krooser
09-20-2020, 09:01 PM
They should quit building those featherweight hand grenades with 400 gram pistons and 29# cranks... and quit turning them 9500...

Yeah I know they all have them but you pay the price...