PDA

View Full Version : Bristol dirt

WisWildManFan
10-01-2020, 05:16 PM
Any guesses at what dirt series will get to run on it? How about a world of outlaws double header with both series!

EasyRider
10-01-2020, 05:26 PM
Agree WildMan. That would make a great weekend if the WOO Lates and WOO Sprints also run at Bristol since the dirt will already be down. I might even be forced to watch a NASCAR race.

153J
10-01-2020, 05:28 PM
am i missing something?

why does it seem like every other thread about bristol dirt is missing, am i blind?

WisWildManFan
10-01-2020, 05:30 PM
Agree WildMan. That would make a great weekend if the WOO Lates and WOO Sprints also run at Bristol since the dirt will already be down. I might even be forced to watch a NASCAR race.I missed the shows 20 years ago down there I won’t miss em this time around

champion24
10-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Some owners/ promoters or dirt racing industry people are VERY threatened by "big time dirt racing at Bristol" is my guess. This too will be deleted soon!

WisWildManFan
10-01-2020, 06:15 PM
I bet tony Stewart wasn’t all that happy about it

WisWildManFan
10-01-2020, 06:16 PM
But no favors for him with creation of srx lol

intel8
10-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Shiny's post is gone, such Bullshi*!

3 wide
10-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Yeah don't but the truth on here they will delete it just post a bunch of lies.

NeedforLMspeed
10-01-2020, 07:41 PM
The Nascar threads that was here were deleted I believe except for one. It was moved to the tailgate section.

50Dixon50
10-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Ok I do forget a lot so someone remind me are they driving cup cars or Latemodels?

Shiny Side Up 18
10-01-2020, 08:07 PM
Technically, Cup cars on dirt are Dirt Late Models.

late-mod·el
/ˈlātˌmädl/
adjective
(especially of a car) recently made or of a recent design.
"my stolen car was a late-model Ford"

NeedforLMspeed
10-01-2020, 10:39 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/SBR_TeamZero/status/1311825480383893504

Hillbilly304
10-01-2020, 11:14 PM
One would think they will run either late models or sprints earlier in the week. Also curious to see how many laps they will choose to run? They usually run 500 laps but i would have to say 200-250 will be the number

Drop Shock
10-01-2020, 11:59 PM
The thought of modern dirt late models on Bristol Is a little scary to me, setups have changed a lot in 20 yeara

NeedforLMspeed
10-02-2020, 12:08 AM
My guess would be the Sprints but I doubt they will use it for anything but Nascar.

WisWildManFan
10-02-2020, 07:32 AM
my theory is they have the nascar weekend and then sometime later will have some dirt series come. That way nascar doesn't lose any of the thunder for their weekend. No reason a big time dirt show in May or June couldn't happen IMO. I mean they are spending the money on the dirt why not get 2-3 shows out of it. I think you could even have a killer ump mod or street stock event. I know if I had a DSS and had a shot to race at Bristol I would go.

mcarter815
10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
NASCAR doesn't need a national touring series as a support class. My guess is if they do have a support class they will bring in some local modifieds or crate late models.

WisWildManFan
10-02-2020, 09:20 AM
NASCAR doesn't need a national touring series as a support class. My guess is if they do have a support class they will bring in some local modifieds or crate late models.I thought they would probably have the trucks run with them that weekend.

Barbecueboy
10-02-2020, 09:22 AM
I thought they would probably have the trucks run with them that weekend.

That would be pretty good.....

JabberJaws83
10-02-2020, 10:00 AM
I can't imagine them not trying to the most bang out of it with the cost, but it is NASCAR we're talking about

champion24
10-02-2020, 05:18 PM
my theory is they have the nascar weekend and then sometime later will have some dirt series come. That way nascar doesn't lose any of the thunder for their weekend. No reason a big time dirt show in May or June couldn't happen IMO. I mean they are spending the money on the dirt why not get 2-3 shows out of it. I think you could even have a killer ump mod or street stock event. I know if I had a DSS and had a shot to race at Bristol I would go.

The Nascar dirt race is the end of March. I don't think the dirt will be down too much longer after that. Highly doubt it isn't cleaned up in April. My $0.02

HoosierDirtFan
10-02-2020, 06:29 PM
The Nascar dirt race is the end of March. I don't think the dirt will be down too much longer after that. Highly doubt it isn't cleaned up in April. My $0.02

It would be cool to see a Big Block Modified on the track. In My Opinion they put on a better show on the bigger tracks and with it being Bristol I'm sure they would come if they can.

Barbecueboy
10-02-2020, 07:01 PM
It would be cool to see a Big Block Modified on the track. In My Opinion they put on a better show on the bigger tracks and with it being Bristol I'm sure they would come if they can.

Dam that's a great idea Nate...do those guys run on anything even close to that banking?

427c.i.
10-02-2020, 10:14 PM
One article I read on the subject quoted they (NASCAR) were talking with other series about putting on events there while the dirt was down. No mention of whether it would be before or after the Cup race just that there were talks about "other possible events."

CIRF
10-03-2020, 08:04 AM
Dam that's a great idea Nate...do those guys run on anything even close to that banking?

The BBM's have raced at Eldora a couple of time. It's been a few years but they were there. Eldora may be the closest to Bristol in regards to banking.

WisWildManFan
11-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Anyone have any insight on getting some dirt cars on Bristol. April 9,10 tbd for woo lates and no woo sprint schedule yet. I will probably go to the cup race if there is nothing else to go but would rather see something fast there

RapidRuss
11-11-2020, 04:28 PM
One big problem I see with the Cup race is time of year. Eldora has good luck with hard,slick, dry surface for the July truck race. Here in TN we are still getting frosts in April. That clay is not gonna be hard and dry I dont think. Rough, rutted up crash fest I predict, hope I'm wrong.

ftfiowa
11-11-2020, 04:50 PM
WoO lm's are 3 hours away that weekend at gaffney s.c.,but Lucas oil lm's are off that weekend. they could run under some other regional sanctioning too but i hope they run lm's and not sprints as a support class. they would be fools not to try to use that dirt over several weekends imo.

keith94elliott
11-11-2020, 05:15 PM
i heard bristol was hard on equipment such as broken wheels. Maybe have to run steel wheels.

WisWildManFan
11-11-2020, 05:26 PM
I don’t see any support classes nascar weekend other than the trucks. I just would think the outlaws would get to come back considering they had 40,000ish fans 20 years ago. Thinking it may be a deal where they can’t announce their weekend until after cup weekend. Pure speculation but I could see nascar doing it.

b1eagle
11-11-2020, 06:06 PM
I was told the clay for this race will come from Wythe Raceway.Anyone who has been to Wythe knows it is the smoothest dirt track there is.On top of that is has less dust than any other.Fred Brown and his son Perry have been hired to prep the track.The dust was the biggest concern of the track.

Rajflyboy
11-11-2020, 06:38 PM
I was told the clay for this race will come from Wythe Raceway.Anyone who has been to Wythe knows it is the smoothest dirt track there is.On top of that is has less dust than any other.Fred Brown and his son Perry have been hired to prep the track.The dust was the biggest concern of the track.At least they are getting the best people and dirt. Now will this mess up Wythe?Bristol dirt racing is so old news. 1990’s stuff.

dirtcrazy4u
11-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Ah yes they are having a nascrap race. The seats, if covid is over, are going to have to stay dust free for the nascrap cry baby's. After that race is over I'm sure they can bring in every class of car that runs in the state of Tennessee if they care to do so.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-12-2020, 02:00 AM
Again RajFlyboy runs his mouth when he has no idea what he is talking about... why is Bristol Dirt 1990’s talk? They didn’t run there with dirt until 2000 and 2001...

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2020, 07:05 AM
What I was thinking. I was there in 01 for the UDTRA all 3 nights.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2020, 07:07 AM
i heard bristol was hard on equipment such as broken wheels. Maybe have to run steel wheels.It absolutely was. The first year they had I think 176 or so cars. Didn’t go that year, went the second year. They had 74-78 cars lol. With new rules. Steel wheels, axles had to be heavy duty, not the fancy ones, and some other stuff, can’t remember it all. Just so much downforce.

Barbecueboy
11-12-2020, 07:11 AM
It's dirt....it's Bristol....it's a little different.

How bad could it be?

I wish they would run a 40 lap Lucas feature prior to the NASCAR event.....just to show the NASCAR fans the deal.

EvelB7
11-12-2020, 07:53 AM
Ran both years (albeit not very well), the first year taught everyone a lesson for sure. Second year we still ran aluminum wheels, just not the XL's. Some guys did go back to steel axle tubes but it was not a rule (and not sure how many actually did). Today's cars on the track as they had it would be wide open and hard on equipment as well!

Rajflyboy
11-12-2020, 11:05 AM
I do hope late models are part of the Bristol dirt event

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2020, 11:52 AM
It's dirt....it's Bristol....it's a little different.

How bad could it be?

I wish they would run a 40 lap Lucas feature prior to the NASCAR event.....just to show the NASCAR fans the deal.Personally, it was awesome. NASCAR facilities, our seats were in the Allison section, double seats with backs. Row 47 I think, just to the right of the finish line. And pretty dang good racing.

Remember Schlieper dumpin Chupp, Chupp had him a moment and hit I believe Dan and maybe Ronnie Johnson. So Dan dumped him, it was deserved.

Personally, I would love to go back. During a NASCAR dirt race, I dunno. Track won’t be prepped the same, so you really in my opinion won’t get the full late model experience. But a strictly late model show, for sure.

MRM
11-12-2020, 02:08 PM
I would be shocked if Bristol takes all the time and money to put all that dirt down just to run a Cup race. My guess is they'll run the WoO sprint cars and the WoO late models on the following weekends to justify all the effort.

Rajflyboy
11-12-2020, 02:15 PM
I would be shocked if Bristol takes all the time and money to put all that dirt down just to run a Cup race. My guess is they'll run the WoO sprint cars and the WoO late models on the following weekends to justify all the effort.I hope you are right 👍

Action10
11-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Why not run a race on it the weekend before with a dirt series of some description to get feedback on the track prep and surface before the NASCAR weekend?

Rajflyboy
11-12-2020, 02:31 PM
Why not run a race on it the weekend before with a dirt series of some description to get feedback on the track prep and surface before the NASCAR weekend?Unfortunately I don’t think they are smart enough to actually do this. 😜

Barbecueboy
11-12-2020, 04:19 PM
One of your best posts ever.......

Josh Bayko
11-12-2020, 04:25 PM
They won’t be running the WoO stuff before the Cup stuff because it would draw attention to how slow the Cup cars actually are on dirt, but as I’ve heard it, the following weekend should see real dirt racing.

Rajflyboy
11-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Exactly. Good thoughts