JabberJaws83
10-29-2020, 09:01 PM
Not if Tyler Carpenter has anything to say about it 😜

Rajflyboy
10-29-2020, 09:09 PM
Another great article. Thanks.

langham13
10-29-2020, 09:13 PM
Richards need to let him run the Lucas tour to see just how many wins they can get against the best. He won what 20+ on the outlaws tour? Do that on the Lucas tour and then I’ll agree with you.

Zonks32x
10-29-2020, 11:32 PM
Langham13,

Give it a rest!!
The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.

In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.

For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.

Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%).

Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.

Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game.

Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-30-2020, 04:12 AM
Langham13,

Give it a rest!!
The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.

In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.

For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.

Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%).

Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.

Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game.

Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.Beat me to it, and with great stats.

Instead of, really?, wtf do they/he, have left to prove? Jack crap, but I wouldn’t doubt if Mark don’t get a burr up his a$$ just to show the naysayers what’s up. Or then again, he just laughs and swoops in and then leaves. After he picks up multiple wins from his night off on their mediocre tour ha ha.

Rajflyboy
10-30-2020, 05:13 AM
Langham13,Give it a rest!!The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%). Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game. Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.Very good thoughts and facts 👍

dirtMAN007
10-30-2020, 06:11 AM
Very good thoughts and facts 

And we all know facts hurt feelings !

TerryM
10-30-2020, 06:19 AM
He's just padding his career numbers at this point -- with a long ways to go to keep adding on.

Rajflyboy
10-30-2020, 07:46 AM
How much work does a guy like Brandon do on the cars? Hauler? Car setup at the track? Repairing damage, changing motors. I’m assuming he is right In the middle of it.

Rajflyboy
10-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Repeat post. Sorry

over4T
10-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Top notch team and a talented driver make a very impressive resume for Brandon. At his current win rate it will only take him about 37.5 years to catch up with Moyer and a few years less to match Bloomquist.

Of course, Moyer might still be out there racking up a few wins every year and planning to retire at the end of that season.

JCSullivan00
10-30-2020, 10:50 AM
over4T, I think your numbers are assuming that Brandon has never won a feature before this season.

ImCryn2
10-30-2020, 12:53 PM
We used to hear that same BS about Josh on here. Then he went and won the Lucas championship the first year running the series!

NeedforLMspeed
10-30-2020, 12:57 PM
We used to hear that same BS about Josh on here. Then he went and won the Lucas championship the first year running the series!

And not in Rocket1 either. Might've been Rocket2. But it definitely wasn't Rocket1

BloomerWon
10-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Not if Tyler Carpenter has anything to say about it 

This must be a northerner southerner thing lol... Tyler is good but come on now. Get real.😊

dirtcrazy4u
10-30-2020, 03:07 PM
Zonks. Great post. Some have a burr digging in because they either don't like mark or they hate that BS wins. Flyboy, I don't know what the arrangement is ? but BS when not racing is at rocket working. The guy drives for the best team in SLM racing. I don't know how mark does it ? If he is training these guys or what it is ? There young and each member on that crew understands what his job is. You see them in the pits and they are prepared for anything that comes at them. How many would cherish to have that job ?

B_K
10-30-2020, 03:55 PM
If he stays on his current path (which will be extremely hard to sustain), in twenty five years he’ll have the best resume of all time and still be younger than Bloomquist or Moyer are right now.

over4T
10-30-2020, 05:56 PM
over4T, I think your numbers are assuming that Brandon has never won a feature before this season.

JCSullivan00, You're correct on your assumption. Since I have no idea how much he's won previously ( I would guess quite a lot) I just did the math with the thought that the last four years with Rocket have probably been his most productive.
Add in the other wins and average the years he still would probably take close to 30 years to accomplish what Billy has. Certainly don't mean to shortchange Brandon 'cause he definitely is one of the best of the younger crop and will be fun to watch for a long time.

Rajflyboy
10-30-2020, 06:50 PM
Zonks. Great post. Some have a burr digging in because they either don't like mark or they hate that BS wins. Flyboy, I don't know what the arrangement is ? but BS when not racing is at rocket working. The guy drives for the best team in SLM racing. I don't know how mark does it ? If he is training these guys or what it is ? There young and each member on that crew understands what his job is. You see them in the pits and they are prepared for anything that comes at them. How many would cherish to have that job ?If you love dirt racing Rocket would be a dream job that you would probably be happy to wake up each day and drive in and bust tail all day and haul to the track and race

84wedge
10-31-2020, 11:00 AM
Langham13,Give it a rest!!The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%). Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game. Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.True. Also, Jimmy Owens won 40% the WoO races he entered and was top five 80% of the time but those stats aren't quite as impressive considering how weak the WoO roster is. Although I do think the Rocket team would win the LoLM series is they ran it, they wouldn't do it as decisively as they would in the WoO, which means they would make less money. That alone is a good reason to keep picking the low hanging fruit.