PDA

View Full Version : Ok I'm tossing this out there. Scott, WTF

dirtcrazy4u
11-05-2020, 10:43 AM
He gets on track and can't make any laps without issues. I honestly think that without him being able to bounce things off Randy Sweet he is lost. P poor car preparation. They mentioned he was changing motors, well they either found some thing else wrong or they took a beer break half way. He's had to have taken more provisionals than anyone this year but not last night. Go figure.

Highside Hustler25
11-05-2020, 10:49 AM
Painful to watch but I don't think Sweet has any bearing on the matter. Scott's issues are not singular to him. Everyone has the same issues from time to time. His get blown up because of who he is.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Randy Sweet was not part of Scott Bloomquist Racing for the past 35+ years! He has many demons working against him now & with Sweets passing is one less to deal with. Scott tried to be a Randy Seet Jr. & look where it’s got him!
Think about it for a few minutes: connect the dots as to the timing of the Sweet/Bloomquist connection and the timeline of Bloomers downhill spiral- it’s not that hard to figure out!

NeedforLMspeed
11-05-2020, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure what entails when changing a LM motor at the track but I have changed motors with someone I worked for and have seen it done by others in non LM divisions and usually it takes a few support classes to be able to have time to do it. And do it right. Even if they have two classes running at Charlotte they sometimes run into the 11 pm curfew.

GottaGoFast
11-05-2020, 11:43 AM
LOL at the timeline of Bloomquist's spiral. Umm 2018. 3rd in Lucas Points. Bunch of wins, Dream win, Show ME 100 win. Last year he was dealing with a bad shoulder amongst other things. Still didn't have that bad of a year. This year is a write off cause he shouldnt have even started driving till September. Losing Cody was a huge issue. Bigger then anyone could ever imagine. Oh wait, he goes and becomes Owens crew chief and look at the season Owens has. The lack of relevant help and the accident/hip surgery is 85% of the problem. Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know jack.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Last night (or tonight) Bloomer cannot improve his points standing in WOO.
Last night he would have had to start on the tail of the b-main & then progress forward. I would assume he could have taken an emergency provisional- but with starting in the rear for 12k- what was the purpose?
Lanigan chose not to use one- and he dropped from 4th to 5th in points ( and was not that far out of 3rd).

Speaking of Lanigan:
If I heard the WOO announcers correctly- they said something about him going to Rocket Chasis? If so- I guess the Barry Wright deal is over? Has anyone heard anything?

JabberJaws83
11-05-2020, 11:50 AM
I think that would be a good move on Lanigan's part. I'm assuming back to own team if true. Would be interesting to see who he would tab as crew chief

NeedforLMspeed
11-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Lanigan went to the hospital.

BirkyTime15B
11-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Scotts problems are mostly health related. Hopefully he can focus on rehab and 2021 in the months to come. Maybe not join a tour and wait til April/May and do an "Outlaw" schedule and run where he's good and figure his program out. Wish him well no matter what. He's the biggest draw in LM racing whether you love him or hate him he's good for business when his racing program is on point.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 12:00 PM
NeedforLMSpeed

Thank you for the Lanigan hospital info- that explains why he chose not to take an emergency provisional.

BirkyTime15B

Health issues are just a small fraction of Scott’s problems-and I will leave it there!

NeedforLMspeed
11-05-2020, 12:02 PM
I didn't know if he went before or after the feature. Then I just looked at the results and didn't see him so then he went before the feature then I guess.

dirtcrazy4u
11-05-2020, 12:34 PM
Any word on why Lanigan went to the hospital ?

dirtfanbob
11-05-2020, 12:35 PM
I think that would be a good move on Lanigan's part. I'm assuming back to own team if true. Would be interesting to see who he would tab as crew chief

I don't chassis change will fix his issues.

has bad concussion from last night and wont be racing tonight

NeedforLMspeed
11-05-2020, 12:36 PM
Any word on why Lanigan went to the hospital ?

Complained of headaches after getting into the wall during the heat race

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Sweet has a hindrance to Bloomer? I've heard it all...

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 12:46 PM
MasterBuilt
Are you referring to my above comment?

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 12:48 PM
DOD now has Ann article about Lanigan. Has a concussion- but no brain bleeding! Left the track this morning & is done for the weekend.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Yes, you said Randy Sweet wasn't an asset to Scott Bloomquist.

BirkyTime15B
11-05-2020, 01:03 PM
I completely disagree. How can hip replacement surgery not be more than a fraction. Thats a major ordeal along with lots of rehab. He should've taken the year off to get fit and lose weight along with his PT. I get it there is other noise going on there.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 01:04 PM
From a bussiness/racing aspect he definitely was. From a personal/friend (off the track) he definitely wasn’t! Neither are/were saints- but when Scott started running the circuit & trying to be like Sweet in his personal life- it definitely wasn’t what Bloomer needed to be doing. Scott didn’t need to be putting more fuel on the fire.
Until Scott can come to grips with his personal issues- the racing side will continue to suffer. Trust me on this- I am not just speculating/spreading gossip/rumors.

It is a shame/disgrace as to everything he has accomplished to be in the shape and condition he is currently in. Both personal life and business/racing side. The two are interconnected. Most people remember the way one’s career ends rather than the career itself!
He has rebounded before from various situations- only time will tell about the current situation!
I personally- hope he can and does for it would be a shame if he can’t.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Birky time
You are correct the motorcycle wreck/ hip replacement are major factors in his performance. It hinders his ability to work at the shop and at the track and drive the car without his right leg/foot going numb.
As for taking a year off for rehab- racing is how he makes his living- no racing- no pay bills/debts. Why else would he sale 30% of his team to Cody? Again/ you are certainly correct in saying his injuries have hindered his performance.

wastingmoney
11-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Last night (or tonight) Bloomer cannot improve his points standing in WOO. Last night he would have had to start on the tail of the b-main & then progress forward. I would assume he could have taken an emergency provisional- but with starting in the rear for 12k- what was the purpose?Lanigan chose not to use one- and he dropped from 4th to 5th in points ( and was not that far out of 3rd).Speaking of Lanigan:If I heard the WOO announcers correctly- they said something about him going to Rocket Chasis? If so- I guess the Barry Wright deal is over? Has anyone heard anything?Jonathan Davenport will be back with BWRC in 2021. u heard it here first.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-05-2020, 02:47 PM
Last night (or tonight) Bloomer cannot improve his points standing in WOO.
Last night he would have had to start on the tail of the b-main & then progress forward. I would assume he could have taken an emergency provisional- but with starting in the rear for 12k- what was the purpose?
Lanigan chose not to use one- and he dropped from 4th to 5th in points ( and was not that far out of 3rd).

Speaking of Lanigan:
If I heard the WOO announcers correctly- they said something about him going to Rocket Chasis? If so- I guess the Barry Wright deal is over? Has anyone heard anything?

Id be shocked if Rocket built Lanigan a car unless the mended fences, but you never know nowadays.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-05-2020, 03:56 PM
I absolutely agree with your assessment of the Sweet/Bloomquist relationship. Nail on the head.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Jonathan Davenport will be back with BWRC in 2021. u heard it here first.

I'd say you are correct.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 04:22 PM
I may have misunderstood the announcers last night. They were talking about all the Chasis Lanigan had been in -but I thought they said something about going to Rocket. Maybe they were saying he had been in a rocket- could be my bad.
I know after Ryan King made the show they said Sanford Goddard back at Warrior Chasis would be proud- heck Warrior sold out to Knuckles and the King family over a year ago.
Again- I may have misunderstood what they were saying about Lanigan last night. If anybody else caught what they were saying- please post so I won’t feel like a big idiot!

Hoosier_Dirt
11-05-2020, 05:00 PM
It was said on Facebook he will be in a Rocket in 2021

xray
11-05-2020, 05:46 PM
firefox- you could not be more wrong. Randy bankrolled that operation for years. Scott would repeatedly f Randy over in a sea of ways. Hell Sweet even took the drug charge on the way home from Knoxville so Scott wouldn't lose all his sponsors (again) Sweet helped to keep MBC on the car for years by keeping in touch with Bob. Don't know where you get your info but its wrong. Randy was one of the most dedicated genuine people I ever met. He never pulled any punches and never gave up. Not sure where you get your info but dont go spreading fake news there is enough of that these days.

fastford
11-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Sweet has a hindrance to Bloomer? I've heard it all...

yea , maybe they were playing to much 8-ball ....

Hoosier_Dirt
11-05-2020, 05:55 PM
I'd say you are correct.

You really think so? I mean yeah they've had a down year for their standards, but cant imagine him leaving LL, unless there is something else going on?

Josh Bayko
11-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Id be shocked if Rocket built Lanigan a car unless the mended fences, but you never know nowadays.

It’s been almost a decade since that whole deal happened. Time and money heal all wounds.

dirtfanbob
11-05-2020, 06:53 PM
The cars aren’t being sold to Lanigan, they’re being purchased through Pancho. I don’t see Mark extending the olive branch to provide support even if every piece and spare part was purchased from Rocket.

And Davenport doesn’t have to leave LL to drive a different chassis that doesn’t bend after two races and require a new clip, regardless of what he switches to. They don’t call them longhorns the Friday afternoon specials for nothing....everyone that works in the industry has heard of the problems they’ve had and their lack of addressing them.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-05-2020, 07:11 PM
yea , maybe they were playing to much 8-ball ....

He twisted Scott's arm!

lw82
11-05-2020, 07:58 PM
LOL at the timeline of Bloomquist's spiral. Umm 2018. 3rd in Lucas Points. Bunch of wins, Dream win, Show ME 100 win. Last year he was dealing with a bad shoulder amongst other things. Still didn't have that bad of a year. This year is a write off cause he shouldnt have even started driving till September. Losing Cody was a huge issue. Bigger then anyone could ever imagine. Oh wait, he goes and becomes Owens crew chief and look at the season Owens has. The lack of relevant help and the accident/hip surgery is 85% of the problem. Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know jack.

GottaGoFast hit it on the head. Good talented help is hard to find. Mallory was huge and everybody here says he no bearing on Jimmy season.GGF knows. As far as Sweet lots of Financial Support and Crazy times and friends forever. All of factors combined Injuries,no good help biggest reasons for sure

foxfire2dirtracing
11-05-2020, 08:57 PM
X-ray
You believe what you do & I will do the same!
You need to re read my post before you spout off. I don’t doubt what you are saying. What I said was Randy was good for the bussiness/racing side -but that’s where their relationship should have stayed!
Now- tell me how wrong I am again!

dirtcrazy4u
11-06-2020, 05:53 AM
Well he at least made a effort night 2. Results were not much better. That track was horrible, they better get it figured out or there's going to be a lot of torn up sprint cars the next 2 nights. Owens is felling the pain of what a garbage track and concrete will do to you.

Dlmfan123
11-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Jimmy's problem wasn't a track problem. He got fu!kin dumped by Steven roberts

foxfire2dirtracing
11-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Yes he did!

BONES41
11-06-2020, 09:21 AM
After prp, owens fired his entire crew .... Including cody mallory !!! I heard it was to much drama !!!

Barbecueboy
11-06-2020, 09:24 AM
Time to bring back hootie and chicken head.

Pennsboro32
11-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Fox, you are correct. People aren't understanding what you're saying but I'm with ya.

late model chaser
11-07-2020, 05:54 PM
Owens fired his entire crew

Can you elaborate on this Bones? Anyone else hear anything about this?

Dlmfan123
11-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Owens fired his entire crewCan you elaborate on this Bones? Anyone else hear anything about this?Mullet and Cody weren't with him this week

84wedge
11-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Can Owens fire anybody? He isn't the one paying for that race team, he's an employee.

NeedforLMspeed
11-07-2020, 07:45 PM
One of the others is his brother I believe also.

Dlmfan123
11-07-2020, 10:40 PM
One of the others is his brother I believe also.His brother was with him this weekend