PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Davenport

Hoosier_Dirt
11-07-2020, 04:15 AM
Hearing rumors the he and Lance Landers may be splitting, and that Jared Landers is gonna run a partial schedule for that team in 2021? Anyone have any info?

dirtcrazy4u
11-07-2020, 05:43 AM
Hearing that Lance Landers is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Rajflyboy
11-07-2020, 05:44 AM
So who would JD drive for next year?

foxfire2dirtracing
11-07-2020, 05:48 AM
Don’t know anything about Davenport- but Lucas announcers said at the DTWC that Landers would be running about 20 racing next year. Nutrian Ag (Lance Landers Primary Sponsor is getting really big in NASCAR sponsorship lately. Some Rumors become facts- time will tell here. 3year honeymoon with the “super team” over? Lanigan and Barry Wright splitting?
For me: if Jared does reunite with his Dad’s team for ?? Races- awesome! Maybe they have mended some fences! I have nothing whatsoever against Davenport but I could personally not pull for that team after Lance pulled Jared (his flesh & blood) out and put millions of dollars into supplying Jonathan with the best of the best! I know there is much we don’t know about the father/son split - but come on guys: Do the right thing, bury the hatchet and go racing together as family! Many people would love that situation and life is short!

Highside Hustler25
11-07-2020, 06:44 AM
Hearing rumors the he and Lance Landers may be splitting, and that Jared Landers is gonna run a partial schedule for that team in 2021? Anyone have any info?

That would be like pulling Sheppy out of the R#1 and putting Brent Larson in the seat. Pretty sure dad new what he was doing when he made that driver switch years back.

Rajflyboy
11-07-2020, 06:54 AM
That would be like pulling Sheppy out of the R#1 and putting Brent Larson in the seat. Pretty sure dad new what he was doing when he made that driver switch years back.Naaaa. It would be more like putting Austin Dillon in the seat.

adamconners
11-07-2020, 07:11 AM
I.E Lanigan/Wright split: Barry had his driver last year and screwed him over (TWICE)

Barbecueboy
11-07-2020, 07:18 AM
I.E Lanigan/Wright split: Barry had his driver last year and screwed him over (TWICE)

Agreed....

foxfire2dirtracing
11-07-2020, 08:02 AM
DOD article this morning: Lanigan and Viper Motorsports leaving Barry Wright to return to Lanigans shop in Union ,Ky using Rocket Chasis and Clements Racing Engines. Logan Martin to be crew chief.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-07-2020, 08:13 AM
If Davenport splits with Landers so he can join Barry Wright... again.... for like the 4th time... it would be possibly the dumbest move in Late model racing... maybe ever! Lance has given EVERYTHING to Davenport... and Barry keeps coming back around like an old girlfriend trying to get her Hoodie. As a fan of JD’s, this starts to make me believe that Davenport will never be happy. He will go to BWRC and struggle and then he will be whining about being better than he has showed and then he will leave BWRC and probably swindle someone else into starting a big team. I just don’t understand why he keeps going back to BWRC’s like a sad sad puppy...

You could tell the last 2 months or so JD hasn’t given a crap about racing for Landers. I just don’t think BW is the god that people in the south claim him to be... it seems like his cars are absolutly horrible until he can copy someone’s car and go from there, which we are all pretty sure he did when he got ahold of Maddens longhorn’s and the other few times he magically has a resurgence!

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-07-2020, 08:15 AM
DOD article this morning: Lanigan and Viper Motorsports leaving Barry Wright to return to Lanigans shop in Union ,Ky using Rocket Chasis and Clements Racing Engines. Logan Martin to be crew chief.

Adam Logan... not Logan Martin lol

chupp n bloomer fan
11-07-2020, 08:33 AM
That would be like pulling Sheppy out of the R#1 and putting Brent Larson in the seat. Pretty sure dad new what he was doing when he made that driver switch years back.Sadly, when Jared had that bad neck injury, he was right there. Running very well. As good as JD was this year or better.

But, that was I think 6 years ago(wow), and he hasn’t raced much at all since then. I don’t know of a good comparison, I think Larson is a little harsh lol.

Though Jared should be back with his Dad, and if JD ain’t happy, best to move on. Jared got boned hard last time, though I understand his Dads reasoning.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-07-2020, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the crew chief correction- I was switching back and forth while typing & I am old!

davis2902
11-07-2020, 08:36 AM
I can honestly see that Davenport would be going back to Barry Wright. His kid is getting older and the trials of the road make it tough for a family.

Rajflyboy
11-07-2020, 08:42 AM
I can honestly see that Davenport would be going back to Barry Wright. His kid is getting older and the trials of the road make it tough for a family.Yes indeed. Makes sense.

BloomerWon
11-07-2020, 09:21 AM
So who would JD drive for next year?

Bloomquist.

NeedforLMspeed
11-07-2020, 09:36 AM
JD trying to copy Madden

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Where does the money come from, to fund this effort?

foxfire2dirtracing
11-07-2020, 09:55 AM
MasterSbuilt

Which effort are you referring to-Lance Landers or a potential switch by Davenport?

Nobody
11-07-2020, 10:50 AM
TeNfOMaFiA69

If Davenport splits with Landers so he can join Barry Wright... again.... for like the 4th time... it would be possibly the dumbest move in Late model racing... maybe ever!

Who says it's JD's choosing to leave landers?

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
11-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Bloomquist.

JD taking a yr off. Going fishing and hunting. Might take on bass pro tourn!🤫🤫

BloomerWon
11-07-2020, 12:49 PM
JD taking a yr off. Going fishing and hunting. Might take on bass pro tourn!狼狼

He's never been on except when on them fummy tars...

Now go fix us some samiches, then take off with him!

HAHAHAHAHAHA...... . ...... .. . .... . ... .

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
11-07-2020, 01:02 PM
He's never been on except when on them fummy tars...

Now go fix us some samiches, then take off with him!

HAHAHAHAHAHA...... . ...... .. . .... . ... .

I cant I have to carry kyle larson helmet next yr.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-07-2020, 01:17 PM
MasterSbuilt

Which effort are you referring to-Lance Landers or a potential switch by Davenport?

This potential 49 to BWRC situation being speculated on. Everyone knows Landers has cash to burn.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
11-07-2020, 01:23 PM
This potential 49 to BWRC situation being speculated on. Everyone knows Landers has cash to burn.

Yes its all speculation right now

NeedforLMspeed
11-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Apparently Landers didn't burn enough cash the last 3-4 months to atleast try and right the ship some or he knew for awhile that changes would be happening after the season.

foxfire2dirtracing
11-07-2020, 03:28 PM
If you remember when this team was announced and they had the show car at the world finals in Charlotte- Lance Landers said he was in it to win championships. So since they didn’t win it this year- is the honeymoon over?
Or are we all just having a “silly season” discussion as fans?

donavon
11-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Zach Mitchell possibly to Barry Wright house car..

Hoosier_Dirt
11-07-2020, 04:03 PM
JD just confirmed on Twitter that he is NOT done driving for LL. Guess it's all speculation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Apparently Landers didn't burn enough cash the last 3-4 months to atleast try and right the ship some or he knew for awhile that changes would be happening after the season.

Racing problems are never money unless it's a guy showing up with bald tires and a smoking engine.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-08-2020, 02:43 PM
If Landers and JD switch chassis, I think they'll go with Rocket. BWRC would not be a chassis Is choose on a national tour.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-08-2020, 05:22 PM
I think JD would be way better if they went with Bilsteins

Tireguy17
11-08-2020, 07:54 PM
For whatever reason, JD doesn’t make more than 3 seasons with a team. And this is year 3 with Landers.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
11-08-2020, 08:10 PM
2021 will b yr #4

Dlmfan123
11-08-2020, 08:11 PM
If Landers and JD switch chassis, I think they'll go with Rocket. BWRC would not be a chassis Is choose on a national tour.People said the same thing about madden and he about won a woo championship

Dlmfan123
11-08-2020, 08:11 PM
I think JD would be way better if they went with BilsteinsI said the same thing A couple weeks ago. All the guys he works with run them.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 10:36 PM
I said the same thing A couple weeks ago. All the guys he works with run them.

How y'all know they haven't been tested?

dirtcrazy4u
11-09-2020, 06:52 AM
^^^ 1 smart one in the hole bunch

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2020, 08:35 AM
And it's not like you can't get a penske to do everything the Bilstein does. And racers tell all their secrets like old house wives. So, there isn't any secret damping curve in the next brand.

Shocks are so overrated. They have a simple job, prevent oscillation. At some point, a guy is gonna stop making them hold the car in position and he's gonna be like 49 in 2015.

Josh Bayko
11-09-2020, 08:39 AM
You can make pretty much any shock do anything you want it to. The sticker on the outside doesn’t matter all that much. Your shock builder is way, way more important than your shock manufacturer.

bullittwrench
11-09-2020, 09:31 AM
^^^^^^ Truth

#FALSuperman
11-12-2020, 09:32 AM
You guys, there is nothing to see here.
JD is still with Double L Racing in 2021.

The offsesson needs spent on figuring out what went wrong in 2020.
That being said, he still finished 3rd in points.
We just expect higher standards (as we should) for JD and so does JD.
I expect a turnaround in 2021, and a return to his Championship form.