PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Carpenter & James Rice - AirMax Motorsports in 2021!

HoosierDirtFan
11-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Tyler Carpenter & James Rice

Big announcement... Tyler Carpenter and James Rice will both drive for AirMax Motorsports in 2021!

-

James Rice On his Facebook page

James Rice
1h ·
Robert Starett dropped the news... super pumped for next year and for the opportunity to drive for for Robert and Joey and AirMax Motorsports. Two of the best people in racing. I can’t wait thank you guys.

bleedblue55
11-07-2020, 07:49 PM
Good to hear, couple young guys getting a shot.

Rajflyboy
11-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Tyler looks awful good👍 Very exciting last night at Lancaster and again tonight at Carolina.

WisWildManFan
11-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Who’s AirMax motorsports?

zyoung25
11-07-2020, 11:16 PM
Airmax is the name of Staretts business, (airmax heating and cooling.) It's a fairly new team. He has drove for himself some for the last couple years in the southern Ohio region.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-08-2020, 06:42 AM
I dunno if jumping in with two cars is the right thing right off the bat. I’m happy for Tyler, but adding James too the fold too. The money it’ll take to run two teams, when you’ve only been small scale, dang.

Good luck though, I like Tyler, and James has talent.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Agreed. Maybe it just means he gives James a car to go do what he wants with it?

bleedblue55
11-08-2020, 07:05 AM
Biggest detriment both of those driver's had was in the engine department. Think Rice was running an engine out of a modified all fall. Tyler's engine woes have been around for years. You don't have to have a mega $$$ wide bore to run in the Ohio Valley-Eastern Kentucky area, just something reliable that hasn't had way too many rebuilds on it. Maybe Zack Dohm will have a little competition next year.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Biggest detriment both of those driver's had was in the engine department. Think Rice was running an engine out of a modified all fall. Tyler's engine woes have been around for years. You don't have to have a mega $$$ wide bore to run in the Ohio Valley-Eastern Kentucky area, just something reliable that hasn't had way too many rebuilds on it. Maybe Zack Dohm will have a little competition next year.

I think it was Josh Rice that was running the steel block all fall.

Josh Bayko
11-08-2020, 07:54 AM

WVMS requires a mega $$$ wide bore motor and then some.

zyoung25
11-08-2020, 08:20 AM
Agreed. Maybe it just means he gives James a car to go do what he wants with it?

I seem to think thats how its going to be. I know you have seen the young Snell boy they sponsor, they've claimed him as a "team driver." I feel like James is going to have the support, but Tyler is going to the main focus.

bleedblue55
11-08-2020, 09:38 AM
WVMS requires a mega $$$ wide bore motor and then some.

Haven't seen WVMS announce a WOO or Lucas event where most of those big motors exist. I have seen crates and mods race at WVMS. If it makes you happy I'll correct my statement to say 99% of the tracks in that area don't require a monster motor.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 10:09 AM

You are speaking about Josh Rice. He has 2 legit super engines. But, they were not ready to go.

Pennsboro32
11-08-2020, 10:57 AM
I seem to think thats how its going to be. I know you have seen the young Snell boy they sponsor, they've claimed him as a "team driver." I feel like James is going to have the support, but Tyler is going to the main focus.

There’s a $30,000 to win unsanctioned at WVMS next year. Also an $8k already scheduled.

Pennsboro32
11-08-2020, 10:57 AM
Quoted wrong person. Meant to quote Bleedblue

chupp n bloomer fan
11-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Biggest detriment both of those driver's had was in the engine department. Think Rice was running an engine out of a modified all fall. Tyler's engine woes have been around for years. You don't have to have a mega $$$ wide bore to run in the Ohio Valley-Eastern Kentucky area, just something reliable that hasn't had way too many rebuilds on it. Maybe Zack Dohm will have a little competition next year.I knew what ya meant man lol. I agree on not needing a huge motor.

But, it’s still a lot of cash to run two supers and to run them correctly to contend for wins.

bleedblue55
11-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Quoted wrong person. Meant to quote Bleedblue

I'm aware of what they have scheduled, I didn't bring WVMS into the thread.

Pennsboro32
11-08-2020, 03:00 PM
I'm aware of what they have scheduled, I didn't bring WVMS into the thread.

Ok then what was the relevance of your post saying Lucas or Woo doesn’t have an event scheduled at WVMS. Made no sense.

bleedblue55
11-08-2020, 06:45 PM
I was answering someone

71PRPFan
11-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Big GOAT dollars

Kromulous
11-09-2020, 10:23 AM
You would be surprised at what some of these locals run around here in Southern Ohio, in both directions really. Some guys around have elite level engines, some run and win with a ole Buick head alum engine. You see a big variety.

Problem is when you stack gear in them, and then hold em on the floor running that top all the time. Something sooner or later is gonna give. Running that big gear feels good to the Driver, helps the cars turn, and easy to slow the spin, easier, anyway its hard on the valve train and other parts.

Should be a "LIVE ACTION" Team thou !