PDA

View Full Version : National 100 tire issue. wow

HoosierDirtFan
11-08-2020, 09:30 PM
National 100 tire issues.

Burning up RR 70’s here at EAMS! This was 34 laps in! Still 65 to go. McDowell leads

Is EAMS usually like this?

Look at this tire 34 laps in - https://www.facebook.com/rjsracingupdates/photos/a.474551822721417/1723570731152847/?type=3&theater

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Mcdowell has been leading with a tire rub on the RR.

JimBo
11-08-2020, 09:39 PM
45 to go 12 cars left on the track. shessh

HoosierDirtFan
11-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Mcdowell has been leading with a tire rub on the RR.

Ya I know. I'm watching as well. Didn't think is was that bad though who's ever car that tire came off of.

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Total joke of a race. Just logged off of Flo. Can't take anymore.

HoosierDirtFan
11-08-2020, 09:42 PM
45 to go 12 cars left on the track. shessh

Looks like this race has turned into a joke of the past number of years.

GottaGoFast
11-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Why do they run 5-10 caution laps every caution even when only one car has a flat? Like seriously promoter take control of your race. It is a disgrace.

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Common theme at quite a few places. Even if one car spins. They run like 4-5 caution laps. 1 maybe 2 is ok to set the lineup but anything else is ridiculous.

zyoung25
11-08-2020, 10:11 PM
It's sad what this race has become. Dale is a pretty honest guy, I hope he speaks his mind if he ends up holding on for the win. This is ridiculous.

reddyfreddy
11-08-2020, 10:15 PM
The worst thing is a car has a flat, they run 6 or 7 caution laps, then another car stops for tires and they run another 6 or 7 caution laps. Pitiful

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 10:17 PM
Parker Martin passes for the lead. Mcdowell still running on old tires

GottaGoFast
11-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Announcer says this race has the possibility of being the race of the year? More like most embarrassing SLM race of the year. Brutal finish. Very low level driving going on.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 10:35 PM
The worst thing is a car has a flat, they run 6 or 7 caution laps, then another car stops for tires and they run another 6 or 7 caution laps. Pitiful

Yup. They waited on cars that didn't even have a flat.

t3r3e3
11-08-2020, 10:38 PM
The only winner tonight was the Hoosier Tire dealer. Just another East Alabama goat rope...

JimBo
11-08-2020, 10:39 PM
And Joseph Joiner cruises past the wreckage for a last lap pass for the win.

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 10:39 PM
The Hunt the front dude won?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 10:40 PM
The Hunt the front dude won?

After a kid wrecked Hiett cause he didn't like getting passed.

zyoung25
11-08-2020, 10:45 PM
He definetly squared him up. That was a mess. What else did we expect?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2020, 10:46 PM
He definetly squared him up. That was a mess. What else did we expect?

It was a mess. I did not expect Hiett to get wiped out, but I didn't know that kid was an idiot.

GregA12
11-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Wow. Looks like I tuned in at the right time part way though that marathon 100 lapper. What a wild conclusion to 17 hours of racing or whatever they had there over the two days. Locked down track just shredding tires and then the wreck on the last corner and the Hunt the Front guy cruising past to be gifted a win. Then all the drama afterwards with the mob scene. oh man. Will be interesting to see if they all kept their hands off the 15 year old kid. I saw one guy in that mob kick his door and it was sortve interesting to pick out people in that swarm going nuts. That place looks like something else with the way it’s run but congrats to those Hunt the Front guys. That’ll be a fun video.

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 11:03 PM
I have one time seen 4 cars battle for the win coming off turn 4 on the last lap all wreck and the 5th place guy that started racing 15 yrs prior and never won a feature before cut down barely into the infield to avoid it and win.

AllenK
11-08-2020, 11:04 PM
I was actually up watching,but I left it for a bit. Hate I missed that! Should be a great replay,and HTF video.

AllenK
11-08-2020, 11:07 PM
Ok,wow. The last lap is on FloRacing's highlights.... Wow....

Rxrace
11-08-2020, 11:11 PM
First off, congratulations to Joseph Joiner. Secondly, I know that Parker Martin is said to be 15 years old so he is a minor but his dad has to accept that ass whoopin that’s coming his boys way. Youu gotta protect your son but in the meantime you got to take his ass whoopin for him.JMO

NeedforLMspeed
11-08-2020, 11:17 PM
F'ing kid drove right through him

https://mobile.twitter.com/FloRacing/status/1325656974118318084

I'm sure there's a select few here that will try to argue differently...

JerseyRaceChaser
11-09-2020, 06:12 AM
total (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show who lets crew men on atvs with flash lights on the track during cautions??? Never seen so many caution laps for every (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) class and total lawlessness !!

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2020, 06:20 AM
total (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show who lets crew men on atvs with flash lights on the track during cautions??? Never seen so many caution laps for every (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) class and total lawlessness !!

I can't wait to take 3 cars next year.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-09-2020, 07:49 AM
First off, congratulations to Joseph Joiner. Secondly, I know that Parker Martin is said to be 15 years old so he is a minor but his dad has to accept that ass whoopin that’s coming his boys way. Youu gotta protect your son but in the meantime you got to take his ass whoopin for him.JMO

So no one can look at the video and see Hiett back up his corner entry? Or put theirselves in a 15 yr old kids shoes. The kid absolutely dumped him, no doubt, but I don’t think it was intentional as it looks. He’s going for his first win, ya just lost the lead two seconds earlier, he just messed up. He’s 15, overdrove, in the gas as Hiett is braking, just totally messed up.

A$$ whoopin, it’s racing, on a horrible track, the kid messed up. Pump the brakes, really proud to see the folks down there showing how trashy they are. We are going to mob a 15 yr old kid who totally f’ed up, yay. It’s not like it was McDowell who plowed Hiett, then yeah, totally understandable to wanna fight.

But a 15 yr old kid, y’all are sad.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-09-2020, 07:50 AM
I can't wait to take 3 cars next year.Make it 11, then no down time :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Hiett lifted at almost the same spot, the lap before. He was running his race. A lot of guys are back on the gas before they enter the corner these days.

Jking24
11-09-2020, 08:09 AM
Chupp and bloomer makes some good points but these are also strong points to why a 15 year old shouldn't be running super latemodel

Highside Hustler25
11-09-2020, 08:19 AM
I now know why Dirtcrow drives 10 hours north to see a race.

Barbecueboy
11-09-2020, 08:24 AM
Congrats to the 10 team.....they put themselves in a position to get it.

How do you not love those guys?

B_K
11-09-2020, 08:28 AM
He cost a guy $15,000 and the biggest win of his career. I’m not saying he should have gotten his a$$ kicked but it if you think you’re mature enough to be out there racing with adults, you need to 1. Not drive through someone coming to the checkers or 2. Be ready for whatever happens if you do. This isn’t rec ball where daddy can fix everything. You’re messing with people that do this for a living. Start taking fifteen grad out of their pockets and you can be sure they’ll come looking for you.

JM15
11-09-2020, 08:28 AM
I was sitting by the guardrail in turn 3 and I can tell you the 1 car didn't back up the corner. He lifted at the same spot for at least 10 laps. The kid didn't lift untill he had the 1 car turned around. The worst thing is, that wasn't the first stupid thing he did on the track. In the crate race, he turned Ricky Culpepper sideways halfway down the straight and drove through him wide open. The kids problem is that his dad is an idiot and the apple didn't fall far from that tree. Dad is lucky the 1 car driver and crew are a good bunch of guys. Hate to see someone pass a guy clean and get dumped by an idiot. Yes, I know he's a kid but if you play with grown ups at some point grown up things are going to happen. Just probably to his dad untill he turns 18.

NeedforLMspeed
11-09-2020, 08:30 AM
Exactly B_K...

Rxrace
11-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Chupp and bloomer makes some good points but these are also strong points to why a 15 year old shouldn't be running super latemodel

100%agree. He is in a situation where there are real men ( and women ) running for real money and maybe he shouldn’t be that’s another question. Even if he didn’t do it on purpose accidental actions still have consequences. The mob scene was inevitable at that point. I am not saying the kid should get his ass beat I’m just saying that he needs to take the heat for what he did on purpose or not… It happened. Maybe send him to supper with no dinner or take his Xbox away for a while… This will all fade from my memories soon enough

weatherman85
11-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Spot on B_K. It'd be different if Jason drove him a little bit dirty to get the spot but he didn't . Kid messed up and 1 and 2 and lost the spot. Flat out dumped Jason in 3. I bet just about anyone would blow a fuse if someone cost them $15,000 over a coward move regardless of the person's age.

weatherman85
11-09-2020, 08:40 AM
To add on. As crappy as the track was and the show was ran, the track did at least DQ the kid for his incident. I guess one thing they did get right on the night.

NeedforLMspeed
11-09-2020, 08:45 AM
I was sitting by the guardrail in turn 3 and I can tell you the 1 car didn't back up the corner. He lifted at the same spot for at least 10 laps. The kid didn't lift untill he had the 1 car turned around. The worst thing is, that wasn't the first stupid thing he did on the track. In the crate race, he turned Ricky Culpepper sideways halfway down the straight and drove through him wide open. The kids problem is that his dad is an idiot and the apple didn't fall far from that tree. Dad is lucky the 1 car driver and crew are a good bunch of guys. Hate to see someone pass a guy clean and get dumped by an idiot. Yes, I know he's a kid but if you play with grown ups at some point grown up things are going to happen. Just probably to his dad untill he turns 18.
Maybe that incident also escalated this one a bit.

B_K
11-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Also, I think you just have to understand the competitive nature of people, how much work people put in these cars, and the crushing blow when you have it stolen in a bush league way. Competitive people want to win. Hell I spent $500 last year to win a canned food drive for my daughter’s first grade class because I overheard another parent tell a different teacher there was no way they’d lose. The prize was a pizza party I could have thrown for $60. I would have gladly spent more too. The prize is sometimes irrelevant. It’s the satisfaction that means everything to some. You get that feeling taken away along with $15,000 and I totally understand the scene that played out.

Barbecueboy
11-09-2020, 08:54 AM
That's awesome......you threw the spaghetti o slider for the win for your youngun.

Very cool dad.

weatherman85
11-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Chupp N Bloomer fan

"So no one can look at the video and see Hiett back up his corner entry? Or put theirselves in a 15 yr old kids shoes. The kid absolutely dumped him, no doubt, but I don’t think it was intentional as it looks. He’s going for his first win, ya just lost the lead two seconds earlier, he just messed up. He’s 15, overdrove, in the gas as Hiett is braking, just totally messed up."

It might have not looked intentional to you, but he stated in his post race interview he flat out dumped him on purpose. Said he'd wreck his own momma to win $15,000. I will give him this. If he's going to play the bad guy in this situation, he is totally owning up to it. Just got to remember his own words when/if the shoe is on the other foot. Looks like it will be quite a bit if he keeps driving this way. You can see his interview as well as the incident in the crate race on his team's FB page if you have FB.

https://www.facebook.com/parker.martin.3766

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Daddy needs to take the car away.

Edit. I've been to FB. This kid has been conditioned to be a taker.

Rajflyboy
11-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Hunt the Front

Barbecueboy
11-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Daddy needs to take the car away.

Edit. I've been to FB. This kid has been conditioned to be a taker.
Then he will have no problem taking his ass whipping when it's time.....cool.

I know nothing about them and am willing to give him a bit of a pass because of his youthful exuberance, but if what I'm reading is on target sounds like another example of parents living vicariously through their kids.

But , just don't know and will have to watch more to make a better opinion.

What I do know is he had no intention of not door slamming the 1 car to get back by.

B_K
11-09-2020, 02:13 PM
That's awesome......you threw the spaghetti o slider for the win for your youngun.

Very cool dad.

Green beans and potatoes found the cushion and closed ground quickly..... I kept telling my wife it was for a good cause. She told be it was cause I was a competitive a$$hole.

Probably truth in both.

I hate it for Hiett. He’s an Alabama guy and no matter what the race is now, it’s always been one of the biggest in the area.

crownman25
11-09-2020, 03:09 PM
democrats lol.....

keith94elliott
11-09-2020, 05:34 PM
catch him sometime in the right spot then put him on his lid in the fence. problem solved.,.

fastford
11-09-2020, 05:38 PM
your right BK , and hiett has matured and is in my opinion , one of the best drivers in my area , maybe this kid will to ......dues are being paid though.....

Rajflyboy
11-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Any videos out there for this race ending ?

NeedforLMspeed
11-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Any videos out there for this race ending ?

Post #25

https://mobile.twitter.com/FloRacing/status/1325656974118318084

Rajflyboy
11-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it 👍

ZERO25
11-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Not a good look when your dad owns a racetrack.....Cochran Speedway!

Win1
11-10-2020, 11:28 PM
This place has needed lessons on how to run a show for more years than I can count! I was down there for a big money show in March years ago. It was horrible cold! There were people in the stands with 20# propane bottles with heaters on them cold. But having a $20,000 show all those years ago and ran 6 classes both nights! I boggles my mind on a big show night and promoters have to run 6 classes. I know the drivers have fans and that fanny is money. But give the people a break that have driven in for that gig show to see that big show at a reasonable hour. Then you have to add in the fact if you cross the river, add an hour to that .Clarksville had 6 classes on their first night of the Summer Nationals. But I do have to admit. I did like those mini modified's or whatever they call them?

chupp n bloomer fan
11-11-2020, 08:26 AM
Ya I didn’t post it here, trust me, I back tracked what I said once I read his response. Just wow. He turns 18, I hope he has learned MMA/joined the military, something.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-11-2020, 08:33 AM
You can take back any defense I had for Jr after reading his response. Sorry y’all, I just couldn’t fathom a 15 yr old already being that bad. Man I hope he snaps outta it, reminds me of another guy, who hasn’t really grown out of it:).

People just shouldn’t raise their kids this way, you don’t just plow someone and call it racing because you totally overdrove your car. You should have been taught, race others, treat others, as you want to be treated.