PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Truck Series ----- Knoxville Raceway ----- Friday, July 9th 2021

HoosierDirtFan
11-19-2020, 02:10 PM
OFF TOPIC

NASCAR TRUCK SERIES ----- KNOXVILLE RACEWAY ----- Friday, July 9th 2021

https://i.imgur.com/FQZkC5J.jpg

fryefan
11-19-2020, 02:20 PM
And the Corn Belt Nationals (USAC non-wing sprints are the next evening).

TRUCK SERIES IN 2021

KNOXVILLE, IOWA – In the late 1800s, just 45 miles southeast of the state capitol in Des Moines, a small farming community in the unassuming town of Knoxville carved out a half-mile oval at the Marion County Fairgrounds for what was originally intended to be a horse racing facility.

In 1901, the facility staged what’s touted as the first automobile race at an Iowa fairground, and perhaps the country, featuring a pair of vehicles that were on display at the fair.

While the account of the day told a tale of a race that was “nothing remarkable,” the first chapter in the storied history of Knoxville Raceway was written.

Since then, Knoxville Raceway has become synonymous with sprint cars, an abundance of chapters have been recorded, while the venue and town have been affectionately designated as “The Sprint Car Capital of the World.”

Flash forward over a century from that 1901 summer to modern day as Knoxville Raceway and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will co-author a new adventure. NASCAR’s 3,400-pound purpose-built race trucks will take on the venerable dirt oval as NASCAR and sprint car fans come together for the Knoxville Raceway Corn Belt Weekend.

For the first time in its prestigious history, Knoxville Raceway will host a NASCAR National Touring Series event when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races at the famed half-mile dirt oval on Friday night, July 9, 2021. The event will take place on the eve of the Corn Belt Clash, formerly the Corn Belt Nationals, non-winged sprint car race which will shift to Saturday, July 10.

Originally, the two-day non-winged event, featuring the USAC Sprint Car National Championship Series and POWRi War Sprints was scheduled for July 9 & 10. Now, the Corn Belt Clash will be moved solely to Saturday, July 10 and will continue to boast a $20,000 top prize for the sole non-winged sprint car event at the Sprint Car Capital of the World. The track’s 410 winged sprint cars series will also compete on July 10.

“With the help of NASCAR, Knoxville Raceway is ready to pen another chapter in the history that’s been created at the most legendary dirt track in the world,” said Knoxville Raceway’s Race Director John McCoy. “We’re honored by the faith NASCAR has placed in our facility and staff to raise the already high bar in delivering the best racing to our fans. We’re proud to join NASCAR in bringing Knoxville Raceway to a national television audience and to showcase what sprint car fans have known for generations. There’s no where like Knoxville.”

Tickets are now available to purchase online or by calling the ticket office at 641-842-5431. Suite availability, camping and parking information will be announced via the track’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms as it becomes available. Broadcast times and networks will be also be announced at a later date. To receive up-to-date information about the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Knoxville Raceway, visit our website.

The event will be promoted in cooperation with North Carolina-based Spire Holdings.

“Thrilled doesn’t quite capture what it means to have the opportunity to showcase what dirt racing fans all over the world already know – that Knoxville Raceway is the greatest and most prestigious dirt track in the world,” said Spire Holdings’ Vice President of Strategic Initiatives Joey Dennewitz. “Some of the most famous and accomplished race car drivers in the world have built their resumes on the hallowed dirt of Knoxville Raceway. We’re grateful to NASCAR and the Marion County Fair Board for helping us bring this vision to life.”

About Knoxville Raceway…
Located on the Marion County Fairgrounds in Knoxville, Iowa, Knoxville Raceway is a 1/2-mile dirt track that hosts winged CT525, 360 and 410 sprint car racing nearly every Saturday night from April to September. The “Sprint Car Capital of the World” also hosts the Knoxville Nationals, sprint car racing’s most prestigious event, every August, as well as the Late Model Nationals, 360 Nationals and Corn Belt Clash featuring non-wing sprint cars. In 2021, Knoxville Raceway also will host the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Knoxville Raceway is the third-largest outdoor stadium in Iowa with 20,377 seats and 32 luxury suites.

About Spire Holdings …
Spire Holdings is an emerging sports property and agency stakeholder. The Cornelius, N.C., organization is the parent company of Spire Sports + Entertainment, Spire Motorsports, Spire Hockey, and Track Enterprises. Spire Holdings specializes in dynamic property ownership and management and is led by long-time NASCAR industry executives Jeff (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)erson and Thaddeus (T.J.) Puchyr.

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 03:13 PM
There was a thread here awhile back about Nascar at Knoxville and in an article I posted it said something about the wall around the track wouldn't be able to withstand an impact from a stock car. Kinda contradicts this article

https://racingnews-co.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/racingnews.co/2020/10/04/richard-petty-says-dirt-track-racing-isnt-professional-as-nascar-returns-to-dirt/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww .google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fracingnews.co%2F2020%2F10%2 F04%2Frichard-petty-says-dirt-track-racing-isnt-professional-as-nascar-returns-to-dirt%2F

TDRacin®
11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
There was a thread here awhile back about Nascar at Knoxville and in an article I posted it said something about the wall around the track wouldn't be able to withstand an impact from a stock car. Kinda contradicts this article

https://racingnews-co.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/racingnews.co/2020/10/04/richard-petty-says-dirt-track-racing-isnt-professional-as-nascar-returns-to-dirt/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww .google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fracingnews.co%2F2020%2F10%2 F04%2Frichard-petty-says-dirt-track-racing-isnt-professional-as-nascar-returns-to-dirt%2F

You have to take what's written on that website with a grain of salt. Terrible grammar, a lot of gossip and nothing first-hand from the editor.

Dlmfan123
11-19-2020, 04:12 PM
They need to take the windshields off and put some tear offs on there helmets

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 04:23 PM
They need to take the windshields off and put some tear offs on there helmets

Should've done that at Eldora along with a few other things.

Josh Bayko
11-19-2020, 04:47 PM
I don’t have high hopes for this race being any good. Eldora was okayish because the high banks with the preferred groove up top and slide jobs and such. Knoxville is flatter and there is no benefit to running the outside. They’re going to follow each other around like a recessionary caterpillar at 62MPH.

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Be almost equivalent to watching a 35 mph LM race in the dome

Hoosier_Dirt
11-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Yeah, dont think this will amount to much.

Rajflyboy
11-19-2020, 06:34 PM
At least it’s something different and will be a challenge for the Truckers. Good to see Covid Shut states losing events to other states that are more open.

zyoung25
11-19-2020, 06:56 PM
What's people think the lap times will be on the trucks for Knoxville? I'm guessing 30+ secs. What a bore fest that'll be.

Have they ever ran any kind of bomber or dirt stock on Knoxville?

Rajflyboy
11-19-2020, 07:00 PM
Sheldon Creed will make this race exciting.

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 07:17 PM
What's people think the lap times will be on the trucks for Knoxville? I'm guessing 30+ secs. What a bore fest that'll be.

Have they ever ran any kind of bomber or dirt stock on Knoxville?
Not sure. I'd have to go back and look. They have ran modifieds though

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 07:20 PM
Here we go...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NXG0UXUzC6k

15b24fan
11-19-2020, 08:18 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding the negativity with NASCAR on dirt. Sure, they are not near as fast as the sprint cars and late models. But that doesn't mean they can't provide entertainment value. I've enjoyed the trucks on TV in Eldora and had hoped they would bring them to Knoxville. I am very much looking forward to this race - and hoping to attend.

CIRF
11-19-2020, 08:37 PM
The USAC Stock Car Division raced at Knoxville from 1969 through 1974. The pole speed in 1970 was just a tick over 24 seconds. These were racecars that went nearly 2 tons with less horsepower than today's NASCAR truck engines. It's reasonable to believe that the trucks, which have to weigh 3400 lbs. with driver and full of fuel, will be quicker than the USAC stockers of 50 years ago with far quicker lap times than 30 seconds.

NASCAR Trucks at Knoxville is likely going to be a huggy pole affair with the bump and run being a common passing tactic which is generally okay with fans of fendered racecars.

fryefan
11-19-2020, 09:05 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding the negativity with NASCAR on dirt. Sure, they are not near as fast as the sprint cars and late models. But that doesn't mean they can't provide entertainment value. I've enjoyed the trucks on TV in Eldora and had hoped they would bring them to Knoxville. I am very much looking forward to this race - and hoping to attend.

In most cases, it is a jealousy thing.

I too am looking forward to this race. While Eldora has some huge events, Knoxville is a MUCH racier track.

NeedforLMspeed
11-19-2020, 09:38 PM
What are they jealous of?

zyoung25
11-19-2020, 09:48 PM

In most cases, it is a jealousy thing.

I too am looking forward to this race. While Eldora has some huge events, Knoxville is a MUCH racier track.

No jealousy here. I'll most likely watch it from home, and fall asleep before the end, just like I did with the Eldora races. Being there and watching it on tv are 2 different worlds. Too many cautions, and not enough actual racing. I just never have found this race very exciting. With the only exception being th year Pierce was on the verge of winning, that one did keep me up.

WisWildManFan
11-19-2020, 10:34 PM
I sure hope to see some dirt ringers run Bristol and Knoxville.

Mod Runner
11-20-2020, 02:39 AM
I will be looking forward to going to Knoxville for the truck race. I hope Kyle Strickler finds a ride for the race.

dirtcrazy4u
11-20-2020, 06:06 AM
RINGERS. Yea they put the king of eldora in a truck at eldora. How did that turn out ? Knoxville's dirt is going 6o be the key for that race. I don't believe they'll be able to get a second groove to come in. Unless they run a slm or sprint show the night before we're they widen the track out. Then it would be a real dust bowl. The trucks are at bristol, they will have the banking to slide someone. I think the only reason the trucks will be there is for the cup guys to get in the trucks to make some laps. I wonder how many of these cup guys have never been on dirt ?

WisWildManFan
11-20-2020, 08:15 AM
i bet he would leave the sway bar on if he got another chance.

MotoMatt
11-20-2020, 08:44 AM
I already got my tickets bought! Yes, it will be slower than 4 Link Late Models or Modifieds but its still a great opportunity to see a cool thing I think. Any time they put the NASCAR product out there in a new way like this it could be really cool. I look forward to seeing if some dirt ringers buy rides for this, thinking Pierce, Bloomer, Moyer??, Birky, etc. I could care less about Strickler, he's a prick and I'd assume see him buried in the wall than on the podium.

CIRF
11-20-2020, 09:05 AM
Dirt ringers=Christopher Bell, Chase Briscoe and Kyle Larson.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-20-2020, 12:05 PM
Dirt ringers=Christopher Bell, Chase Briscoe and Kyle Larson.

your Obsession is hilarious...

CIRF
11-20-2020, 01:00 PM
your Obsession is hilarious...

Maybe, but not nearly as hilarious as bloomy trying to drive a NASCAR Truck at Eldora or an ARCA car on dirt at Springfield, IL and Pierce never could beat Bell & Larson at Eldora.

NeedforLMspeed
11-20-2020, 01:06 PM
Maybe, but not nearly as hilarious as bloomy trying to drive a NASCAR Truck at Eldora or an ARCA car on dirt at Springfield, IL and Pierce never could beat Bell & Larson at Eldora.

I don't think he's a Bloomquist fan so your argument is kinda pointless.

CIRF
11-20-2020, 01:16 PM
I don't think he's a Bloomquist fan so your argument is kinda pointless.

Not arguing, and don't give a $hit who he's a fan of, just pointing out the obvious that bloomy is way less than impressive outside of a dirt late model or a late model lite (modified) and the truck fiasco, the ARCA deal at Springfield and The Chili Bowl are solid proof.

NeedforLMspeed
11-20-2020, 01:29 PM
So what's your point still? We don't need to be constantly reminded. It doesn't take away from anything else in his racing career. I'm sure Bloomquist himself doesn't even care.

You two are actually kinda the same here. He comes to just complain about what people post. And you come here to talk open wheel in the LM section.

15b24fan
11-20-2020, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure what the chances are we see a late model guy get in a truck at Knoxville. Lucas Oil is scheduled against the race. WoO LM is off July 9th and in Wisconsin July 10th. I'd be interested in seeing Ryan Unzicker get a chance. Didn't he just win the ARCA race at Springfield? Another guy, how about some Iowa love with Birky. Pierce has done Eldora, so maybe Knoxville?

dirtcrazy4u
11-20-2020, 03:40 PM
Betcha Brown for sure and maybe McCarl get a truck ride at knoxville

ZERO25
11-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Do they allow mattress's in the grandstands?.....:)

obamaracing#1
11-20-2020, 05:53 PM
So what happened to truck race at Eldora?

HoosierDirtFan
11-20-2020, 06:12 PM
So what happened to truck race at Eldora?

My understanding was Eldora said not to the truck race.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-20-2020, 09:39 PM
Betcha Brown for sure and maybe McCarl get a truck ride at knoxville

I would bet neither want a ride or even care.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-20-2020, 09:40 PM
I think it’s more like Stewart starting a series with Evernham and claiming Eldora as one of the main races...NASCAR didn’t like that and close to go elsewhere. I think NASCAR also is trying to quell the backlash they received when they announced they weren’t coming back to Iowa Speedway

turnleftandgasit
11-21-2020, 05:39 AM
Typical Nascar. Fans beg for more short tracks. They finally start to get the picture on pavement and get rid of some cookie cutters. They had a chance to do the same on the dirt track, yet they again choose a big track. Truck race should be on a smaller track. Lucas Speedway comes to mind, but I would prefer even smaller. I understand they "need" the faculties to stroke their ego, but it should be about the end product, not the "headlines" of running a famous track. Kinda like INDY. It was about running there, not about the race.

bullring
11-21-2020, 07:26 AM
I'm glad to see they are trying something different. Nascar got so far behind on entertainment value it's good to see them finally trying something different. Will it interest me enough to go? Probably not. There are a lot of great races at Knoxville I'd be more likely to go to. But will be interesting to watch the kids tearing stuff up on tv.

WisWildManFan
11-21-2020, 07:52 AM
Should of had trucks and cup at Knoxville Saturday night and then had them run the road to the 3/4 paved track up the road on Sunday. Those haulers bring 2 cars right lol

WisWildManFan
11-21-2020, 07:59 AM
Surf has no love for his boy Rico any more? Chase briscoes dirt career can’t be labeled a dirt ringer in any sense of the phrase. If you’re gonna use his truck win at eldora I guess bubba is a ringer too.

ftfiowa
11-21-2020, 09:05 AM
WoO lm's are at Jackson mn july 9-10th fyi. i plan on knoxville july 9th,jackson july 10th

johnE
11-21-2020, 10:21 AM
This is NAPCAR’s punishment for Tony for SRX. NO DOUBT.

HoosierDirtFan
11-21-2020, 10:33 AM
JohnE

Not really. My understanding is Eldora declined to have the trucks this year. Also SRX isn't a Tony thing Ray Evernham started it and asked Tony to be apart of it.

WisWildManFan
11-21-2020, 11:01 AM
It’s 100% nascar’s punishment for the srx series. It’s a pissing match.

WisWildManFan
11-21-2020, 11:02 AM
JohnENot really. My understanding is Eldora declined to have the trucks this year. Also SRX isn't a Tony thing Ray Evernham started it and asked Tony to be apart of it.Tony is a part owner of the series along with ray and 2 others.

HoosierDirtFan
11-21-2020, 11:37 AM
Tony is a part owner of the series along with ray and 2 others.

yes i know that but Ray is the one who came up with the initial plans and idea. Ray told how it all went down on the Dale Jr Download back in late June

EvelB7
11-21-2020, 12:35 PM
The SRX is no threat to NASCAR, it actually could only help them....They have much bigger issues to deal with, like how to appeal to the younger generation. The SRX is purely an iroc series for mostly retired drivers, the fan appeal will be older fans which NASCAR has already shown they are ready to move past...

GrocMax
11-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Dale McDowell had a pretty darned good run in ARCA in the late 80's/early 90's. Look it up.

kazual
11-21-2020, 04:01 PM
EvelB7, I would respectfully disagree. It can be competition for advertisers and tracks potentially.

ZERO25
11-21-2020, 04:19 PM
The SRX is no threat to NASCAR, it actually could only help them....They have much bigger issues to deal with, like how to appeal to the younger generation. The SRX is purely an iroc series for mostly retired drivers, the fan appeal will be older fans which NASCAR has already shown they are ready to move past...

How bout, stop catering to one driver!

Fake Noose has invaded nasCRAP!

stock car driver
11-22-2020, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cntAPFcLk

Im the florescent yellow car, started 11 finished 10th, last restart w Abelson next to me got in my head.

Ill watch Knox but dont think it will be as fun to watch as Eldora, nobody will be brushing the wall lap after lap.

Ive raced on over 90 tracks, for dirt I would think I 80 Speedway in Nebraska would be awesome, two lane track all the time etc.

For A paved short track Id like to see them at Spokane Raceway Park, or Irwindale.

EvelB7
11-23-2020, 07:11 AM
In my opinion NASCAR really dropped the ball this year, split the fans and completely alienated a portion for sure. I am sure some of this was the 'any press is good press' philosophy and some just went right along with what is going on in our country currently. My previous post was about the SRX specifically (off topic), the race at Knoxville will do good things for both sides from my view. Do I care to watch? Probably not, but there will be people who look into Knoxville and its history because of this and they just may become fans of true dirt racing. I only watch NASCAR currently because I have friends and customers involved; really hope they fix their issues soon...

foxfire2dirtracing
11-23-2020, 07:21 AM
It would absolutely be informative if we knew who actually pulled the plug on the Eldora truck race: NASCAR or ELDORA ?

vande07
12-10-2020, 03:37 PM
As a local of Knoxville, I'm elated that NASCAR is coming. For the racing? Until they hit the track, I'll reserve judgement.

I'm elated that it will bring new people to the track/area that weekend and hopefully some will stay and attend the USAC/Knoxville 410 show the following night as well.

This event is great for LOCAL BUSINESSES that have had a horrible 2020 with the loss of the biggest two race weekends of the year (410 Nationals and Late Model Nationals) and I've heard Kendra and the staff are going to work very hard to make the "off track" activities that happen during the Sprint Car Nationals be part of that weekends event as opposed to it being "just another race" on the truck schedule.

I've seen FB comments from people that live less than an hours drive from Knoxville that will be attending a dirt track event for the first time ever, and only because it's a NASCAR event. That's not a bad thing for dirt track racing and my estimation is that it'll be for the most part a different fanbase than the ones that attended Eldora.

I personally feel horrible for the town of Newton 30 miles to the North that lost their IndyCar, Xfinity and Truck races for 2021 (and lost the Xfinity and Trucks in 2020 as well). My fear is that NASCAR will start divesting it's investment there and that would be another major blow to a community that is just starting to really recover from the loss of the Maytag manufacturing plant and corporate headquarters 15 years ago.

fryefan
12-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Once again vande07 knocks it out of the park with a take that is spot on. I agree with everything you stated above.

Hey vande07, don't be a stranger around this place. It needs a lot more of you and a lot less of the juvenile drivel that is spread on hear the majority of the time.

3 wide
12-11-2020, 06:49 AM
There is nothing worse than watching slow cars on a big track an people that have watched the sprints at Knoxville are going to think this is a joke.

NeedforLMspeed
12-11-2020, 09:36 AM
There is nothing worse than watching slow cars on a big track an people that have watched the sprints at Knoxville are going to think this is a joke.

Yes there is. Big cars on a small indoor track like Gateway event. The 45 mph LM race.

RiffRaf67
12-11-2020, 11:20 AM
The part that will make or break this event for me (same that did for the Big E) will be track prep.
Will Napcar allow the Duncans to do what they do better than anyone else?
Or will it be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near asphalt like eldora was for thier truck races?
It always bothered me about the trucks at eldora, because I knew dang well that Earl would have disc'd that mother trucker right before every napcar truck A main there.

vande07
12-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Having attended races at Knoxville for 40ish seasons I'll say this.

I've seen Hobby Stocks, Open Wheel Mods, Late Models (IMCA and Supers), Dirt Trucks, Winged Sprints (3 classes), USAC sprints, USAC Midgets and USAC Silver Crown all race here at one time or another, and there are HUGE speed disparities between all those classes.

Some of the ones that I thought would put on great races (Silver Crown being a prime example) were snoozefests.

Some I thought that would be snoozefests (Dirt Trucks with only 8 entrants, Hobby Stocks and Modifieds) were good racing.

The speed disparity really isn't a factor unless you see multiple classes on the track the same night IMO as you just watched one class of cars and can visually compare it to another.

When the Late Models come to town in September, they are roughly 3.5 to 5 seconds a lap slower than the weekly sprints, but because no other classes are there you don't really notice that difference except when they announce laptimes during time trials.

The racing is good which is all that matters to this fan.

vande07
12-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Once again vande07 knocks it out of the park with a take that is spot on. I agree with everything you stated above.

Hey vande07, don't be a stranger around this place. It needs a lot more of you and a lot less of the juvenile drivel that is spread on hear the majority of the time.

I don't check in here often, but thanks for the kind words.

I know there is a divide amongst fans of NASCAR and dirt track racing. If this past year has taught us (fans) anything, I hope that most of us can agree that going forward that tracks/communities need all the events/visitors possible this upcoming year to help them recover from 2020 and that we shouldn't disparage them for it.

My biggest concern is that if we (fans) continue to tear down tracks/promotors online, on social media, etc. why would a potential new fan ever even come to try it out once?

My hope is that SRX is a HUGE success and the tracks/communities they visit (Eldora, Lucas Oil in Indy so far) reap the benefits.
I hope that Knoxville benefits from the NASCAR Trucks.
I hope Nashville benefits from IndyCar street race.
I hope the communities around Lucas and WoO Late Model or Sprint events benefit, etc., etc..

I'd rather watch a "bad" race over no race at all.

NeedforLMspeed
12-11-2020, 12:24 PM
When you put cars on a different track surface than what they are initially built for could be a disaster entrainment wise. Especially with minimal banking in the turns. This isn't the late 70's through early 90's where you could race a car on pavement one night and contend to win and do the same thing the next night at a dirt track.

Any idea if and how much testing they will do there before the event?

vande07
12-11-2020, 12:40 PM
When you put cars on a different track surface than what they are initially built for could be a disaster entrainment wise. Especially with minimal banking in the turns. This isn't the late 70's through early 90's where you could race a car on pavement one night and contend to win and do the same thing the next night at a dirt track.

Any idea if and how much testing they will do there before the event?

I watched a video on Knoxville's FB page with Brett Mofitt (won a IMCA Mod race @ Knoxville when he was 14 and current Truck and Xfinity driver). He gives his thoughts on it and says it will be better than Eldora (my opinion is I'll reserve judgement until after the race).

As far as testing goes, my guess is they may try to on a weeknight in April/May/Early June, but weather conditions in April, May, June won't be comparable to July IMO so not sure what they'll learn.

PushinDad
12-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Every race can not be in the " best race I ever saw " category. Will the trucks at Knoxville be legendary? Probably not. But like the Dome races, it will be an " event. " It will draw a big crowd and likely offer a lot of pageantry. Left to my own decision, I would probably not invest the $40.00. But I have a grandson who was raised on dirt tracks and he is excited to see these guys tackle Knoxville. And I bet we will enjoy parts of it, just like we do the Dome. It is a Saturday night in July, there will be lots of dirt tracks having weekly shows and possibly specials. Not your cup of tea, try visiting a new track. No one forcing you to attend. Fingers crossed we have a full season in 2021!

WisWildManFan
12-11-2020, 01:24 PM
I can hate on nascar for a lot of thing but them adding dirt tracks to the schedule is not one of them

3 wide
12-11-2020, 01:48 PM
Yes there is. Big cars on a small indoor track like Gateway event. The 45 mph LM race.OH yeah your correct I forgot about that 45 mph race.

NeedforLMspeed
12-11-2020, 02:02 PM
OH yeah your correct I forgot about that 45 mph race.

Any smaller and the cars on the last row are still almost just coming out of the pit area when the front row takes the green flag. lol

Rajflyboy
12-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Is Knoxville going to be groomed like an asphalt track or will it be kept and groomed as a dirt track for this race?

WisWildManFan
12-11-2020, 09:03 PM
If they were smart they would make the bottom dryer then hell so they could have couple grooves. Otherwise it will be as bad as arca dirt races

fryefan
12-11-2020, 10:11 PM
I don't check in here often, but thanks for the kind words.

I know there is a divide amongst fans of NASCAR and dirt track racing. If this past year has taught us (fans) anything, I hope that most of us can agree that going forward that tracks/communities need all the events/visitors possible this upcoming year to help them recover from 2020 and that we shouldn't disparage them for it.

My biggest concern is that if we (fans) continue to tear down tracks/promotors online, on social media, etc. why would a potential new fan ever even come to try it out once?

My hope is that SRX is a HUGE success and the tracks/communities they visit (Eldora, Lucas Oil in Indy so far) reap the benefits.
I hope that Knoxville benefits from the NASCAR Trucks.
I hope Nashville benefits from IndyCar street race.
I hope the communities around Lucas and WoO Late Model or Sprint events benefit, etc., etc..

I'd rather watch a "bad" race over no race at all.

Amen!! A little constructive criticism is okay from time to time, but constant negativity does nothing to help our sport.