PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Dirt drivers you hate?

Rajflyboy
11-29-2020, 07:02 PM
Dirt late model racing is a sport in which I enjoy all the competitors. There really isn’t one driver I root against on a weekly basis. I feel every team/driver brings something interesting to the track. I can’t say that about big league racing (NASCAR and Indy Car)

deadringer
11-29-2020, 10:22 PM
there are no drivers that I hate but there are several I root against, Richards, Clanton, Madden and Lanigan come to mind. Last but certainly not least is Lil' Booby.

Highside Hustler25
11-29-2020, 10:38 PM
I can see a TP post arriving soon.

Zonks32x
11-29-2020, 11:10 PM
Hate...none I can think of.
Drivers I'm not a fan of and would root against...only two I can think of.

Steve Francis & Boom Briggs

Raceready
11-30-2020, 01:39 AM
I can see a TP post arriving soon.That no good dirty rotton cheatin bassturd ?

dirtcrazy4u
11-30-2020, 04:40 AM
Anyone that spells there last name Waltrip. Darrell without junior Johnson was lost. Mickie was and is just a hick from in the woods.

dirtcrazy4u
11-30-2020, 04:42 AM
I almost forgot, boogity, boogity I'd want to choke him every time he said it.

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 05:30 AM
Darrell is ok in his old age. He was a wild one back in his hey day.

turnleftandgasit
11-30-2020, 06:10 AM
I hate none of them, but I sure love to root against Bloomquist and Pierce.

Josh Bayko
11-30-2020, 06:19 AM
I personally don’t know enough drivers to hate any of them.

WisWildManFan
11-30-2020, 06:57 AM
Lil bobby and newly added parker martin lol

Pennsboro32
11-30-2020, 06:57 AM
Hate is such a strong word, I don't know them well enough to hate them. I root against Moyer, Bloomer, Lanigan, Madden.

GottaGoFast
11-30-2020, 07:48 AM
For me, it's 100% Jimmy Mars. I would bet the feeling is very mutual though. 2000 Hav-A-Tampa Series. He was pissed off at the wrong driver. Flipped out on me afterwards. He was told he made a mistake, but never once apologized. I called him out on it a couple nights later. He still didn't apologize. Definitely a don't give a hoot type of character. Pretty sure that bozo lost a sponsor over it all. So dumb.

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 08:00 AM
For me, it's 100% Jimmy Mars. I would bet the feeling is very mutual though. 2000 Hav-A-Tampa Series. He was pissed off at the wrong driver. Flipped out on me afterwards. He was told he made a mistake, but never once apologized. I called him out on it a couple nights later. He still didn't apologize. Definitely a don't give a hoot type of character. Pretty sure that bozo lost a sponsor over it all. So dumb.Great story and thanks for sharing. I’d feel the same way after that.

MotoMatt
11-30-2020, 08:14 AM
Hate's a strong word but I sure can't stand Strickler, he's about the only one I truly root against.

Wells Racing Photos
11-30-2020, 08:34 AM
I don't have issues with any drivers but some of their fan bases are the absolute worst.....

BloomerHarvickFan
11-30-2020, 09:01 AM
Anyone that spells there last name Waltrip. Darrell without junior Johnson was lost. Mickie was and is just a hick from in the woods.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that Darrell was "lost" without Junior Johnson. True he did have his biggest success with JJ, he still won 41 races without Jr. and 43 with. Consistency was really where he stood out at with Jr. he did average a 2nd place points position and won 3 championships.
I wish he'd stayed with Junior, personally.

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure it's fair to say that Darrell was "lost" without Junior Johnson. True he did have his biggest success with JJ, he still won 41 races without Jr. and 43 with. Consistency was really where he stood out at with Jr. he did average a 2nd place points position and won 3 championships. I wish he'd stayed with Junior, personally.Jr paid 150,000. Rick paid 500,000. Just saw this on the Jr podcast show

kazual
11-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Well Racing Photos has it right. It’s often more about fans than drivers. Most fans form opinions from on-track stuff they see drivers do, not the whole story.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2020, 09:49 AM
Jr paid 150,000. Rick paid 500,000. Just saw this on the Jr podcast showHis podcast is my favorite entertainment at the moment. So good, he gets so much respect from the racers and crew, they just open up to him. DW is a great interview, he!!, they all are. I’d love more of them to be 2&3 parts. Gary Balough was a good one, Knaus, you name it. Skinner.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2020, 09:54 AM
Hate is a strong word, most of the time, we truly don’t know these guys.

My list of fans/drivers I don’t care for:

1.)Bobby Pierce
2.)Moyer(respect his career)
3.)Jameson
4.)Michael Page
5.)Madden(Very talented)
6.)Bronson

And at times Bloomer. His life choices are just terrible. He could be right where Rocket 1 is, but he is self destructive.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2020, 09:55 AM
Shane Clanton. What he did to Korte at The World 100 was inexcusable. Dudes last race, has a terrible disease, and you pulled THAT MOVE. He’s right up at the top.

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2020, 10:16 AM
Hate IS a strong word. Maybe which racer do you like to root against would be much better. Madden & Clanton are 2 that come to mind.

NeedforLMspeed
11-30-2020, 10:32 AM
Davenport because he stole my fish from the watering hole.

Booby because Terbo told me to.

Pennsboro32
11-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Who is the driver you root against and why is it Chris Madden?

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 11:04 AM
Hate IS a strong word. Maybe which racer do you like to root against would be much better. Madden & Clanton are 2 that come to mind.Rooting against. Yes. A better way to put it.

BloomerWon
11-30-2020, 11:44 AM
Yep , lil bobby will win this contest hands down... 🤓

BloomerWon
11-30-2020, 12:06 PM
You can hate the way a guy drives others on track without actually hating the dirty driver...

There is a lot of hate for the guy who tells it like it is about thier drivers. I've come to realize some folks just love a dirty drivers...
Look at some of the bobby fans for example... Lol!!!

golddirt
11-30-2020, 12:10 PM
Love when bloomer gets beat, disappointed that he isn’t good enough this past year to even watch him tho

BloomerWon
11-30-2020, 12:19 PM
Most of Bloomers "haters" hated him for his off track life choices. Can't believe anyone hated him for his driving...

Krooser
11-30-2020, 12:46 PM
That Chrome Dome who drives the #40 in Lucas is one who will never get my admiration. I just don't like the guy.

When I was doing publicity in the pavement world I worked with several NASCAR drivers when we brought them in to race our specials. I always tried to be fair to everyone but I had this deep down dislike for Dale Sr.

So in 1988 I found my self in the VIP seats right next to Arnhead and his car owner at Wisconsin International Raceway in Kaukauna, WI. I wound up spending two hours with two of the nicest people I ever had the chance to meet in racing.

Still dont like #40.

NeedforLMspeed
11-30-2020, 12:49 PM
I also hate the ones that have a stacker and 2 cars, get all in tight with their obnoxious fans and act like they are big time racers when they couldn't beat a 12 car field at a local show.

goincircles
11-30-2020, 04:43 PM
I dislike Rusty Schlenk not only does he in his mind thinks he is great and is a rooter he pushes drivers out of the way if he cant pass um he needs to.stay close to home where they allow his dirty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) everytime he get to a bigger race with top drivers he fails big time

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2020, 04:56 PM
I also hate the ones that have a stacker and 2 cars, get all in tight with their obnoxious fans and act like they are big time racers when they couldn't beat a 12 car field at a local show.

And who would you put into that category?

dirtSLMracing
11-30-2020, 05:10 PM

Great post and I agree. There is a modified blowhard that races eastern NC mostly that posts on facebook like he has thousands of fans just praying to get an update to his racing plans/results. He is a total clown.

dirtSLMracing
11-30-2020, 05:12 PM
Not sure why but I am not a fan of Kyle Bronson or Tyler Erb.

84wedge
11-30-2020, 05:18 PM
I'll go with "rooting against". Bobby Pierce, Tyler Erb, Josh Richards, The Rocket House Car, Mason Ziegler, Don O'Neil, John Blankenship

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 05:36 PM
Josh Richards makes the list with a few of you? Why?

dirtcrazy4u
11-30-2020, 05:55 PM
His attitude. Yea your josh richards, get over yourself. Does he even work at the shop in the off season ?

zyoung25
11-30-2020, 06:03 PM
Don't hate any of them. Not really a fan of Weiss and Don Oneal.

dirtcrazy4u
11-30-2020, 06:21 PM
Flyboy, hate was the wrong word to use. None of these drivers have a direct link to my daily life. When I show up at a lucas or WoO show I could care less who wins as long as I see a good race.

Rajflyboy
11-30-2020, 06:24 PM
Flyboy, hate was the wrong word to use. None of these drivers have a direct link to my daily life. When I show up at a lucas or WoO show I could care less who wins as long as I see a good race.That’s exactly how I feel. Good racing is what I want.

15b24fan
11-30-2020, 08:25 PM
I used to have stronger opinions, good and bad, of drivers. As my favorites started hanging up their helmets, I changed my mindset. I still have drivers I tend to root for, but those opinions are not quite as strong, good and bad. When I go to a race, it is rare I want to see a specific driver win or lose. I just want to see a good race. With all that said, I do tend to pull for the underdogs and rather not see the dominant teams win (but I'm not upset when they do win).

Waldo
11-30-2020, 08:54 PM
His attitude. Yea your josh richards, get over yourself. Does he even work at the shop in the off season ?

What I can't understand is why does Brandon Shepard work at the rocket shop in the off season? Or during the season. He lives in Illinois and the shop is in West Virginia. That to me is wasted time away from his family and he doesn't have to do it. He would win races either way...

ZERO25
11-30-2020, 09:01 PM
I hate every driver but Bloom bloom and EPJ!

There, I said it and now i feel better! :)

weatherman85
11-30-2020, 09:48 PM
Drivers I don't care for in no particular order

Michael Page
G.R. Smith
Don O'Neal
Parker Martin
Tyler Erb

Burke1118
12-01-2020, 07:18 AM
There are plenty of unlikeable characters.........
Erbo
Clanton
Madden
etc

Not a fan of any driver who isnt heavily involved in his racing program. DLM Racing isn't a place for suitcase drivers
I think the sport of Dirt late model racing is a worse place when the blue 1 wins half the races and the dominates the WoO championship........

B_K
12-01-2020, 08:35 AM
Drivers I don’t care for

Moyer Jr
Pierce
Bronson
John Ownbey
Donald McIntosh....I have no clue why really, just aggravates me.

deadringer
12-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Other than Richards. T-Mac and Davenport who are some other Drivers that dont work on their own cars? I was shocked to find out that Davenport didnt work on his cars.

BloomerWon
12-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Other than Richards. T-Mac and Davenport who are some other Drivers that dont work on their own cars? I was shocked to find out that Davenport didnt work on his cars.

JD works at pep boys puttin tars on cars when he aint runnin them there fummy tars on his racecar. Does that count?

NeedforLMspeed
12-03-2020, 02:32 PM
JD works at pep boys puttin tars on cars when he aint runnin them there fummy tars on his racecar. Does that count?

Doesn't his dad own a used car lot. Figured he worked there.

Buford.Justice
12-03-2020, 02:59 PM
I almost forgot, boogity, boogity I'd want to choke him every time he said it.

What I wouldn't give to have a truck with a megaphone drive back and forth by your house at 3:00 in the morning playing that BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!!!!

NICE!!!!

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
12-03-2020, 03:09 PM

Some crew chiefs dont want drivers working on cars. They want them to attend to fans when they want autographs and merchandise. I have personally seen jd work on his car at times whether it be hands on on the car or in the hauler.

Barchetta6
12-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Angie Pierce.

dirtSLMracing
12-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Angie Pierce.

I have never heard of this driver. What tracks does she race at? She drive Late Model...Modified?

BloomerWon
12-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Angie Pierce.

She cut you off in the parking lot at the liquor store?

fastford
12-03-2020, 05:51 PM
i dont like the word hate and do my best not to feel that way towards any one , the only one i have had contact with that i did not care for is moyer jr. or jr. jr. or what ever you call billy,s son , i tried to talk to him about a VC chassis one time and he informed me that if I was not interested in buying an over priced rolling chasses from him , he did not have time to waste on me , that did it for me , always liked his dad , he was always very nice to me ,

ZERO25
12-03-2020, 07:12 PM
i dont like the word hate and do my best not to feel that way towards any one , the only one i have had contact with that i did not care for is moyer jr. or jr. jr. or what ever you call billy,s son , i tried to talk to him about a VC chassis one time and he informed me that if I was not interested in buying an over priced rolling chasses from him , he did not have time to waste on me , that did it for me , always liked his dad , he was always very nice to me ,

I thought it was cherry picker jr jr? :)

chupp n bloomer fan
12-03-2020, 07:37 PM
i dont like the word hate and do my best not to feel that way towards any one , the only one i have had contact with that i did not care for is moyer jr. or jr. jr. or what ever you call billy,s son , i tried to talk to him about a VC chassis one time and he informed me that if I was not interested in buying an over priced rolling chasses from him , he did not have time to waste on me , that did it for me , always liked his dad , he was always very nice to me ,And look how them turned out, dodged one there.

PennDirt
12-04-2020, 05:36 AM
I have never heard of this driver. What tracks does she race at? She drive Late Model...Modified?

She drives social media

crazy

with baited fingertips

and

she'll slam the 'G' right off your GPU if you get too close

Barbecueboy
12-04-2020, 05:58 AM
Isn't she the one that drives the Pierce sponsored by platinum vodka?

dirtSLMracing
12-04-2020, 08:21 AM
She drives social media

crazy

with baited fingertips

and

she'll slam the 'G' right off your GPU if you get too close

Well the thread clearly stated "drivers" and this jackoff listed someone that clearly does not drive a race car.

deadringer
12-04-2020, 08:29 AM
What I can't understand is why does Brandon Shepard work at the rocket shop in the off season? Or during the season. He lives in Illinois and the shop is in West Virginia. That to me is wasted time away from his family and he doesn't have to do it. He would win races either way...

That"s got to suck being away from your family so many weeks out of the year!! Maybe thats the price he pays for the technology to keep the family car up front too when he races, such as shocks, springs, ect. Either way its a steep price!!

oldmodhasbeen
12-04-2020, 09:40 AM
The Thief Kyle Bronson is on my dislike list

bullittwrench
12-04-2020, 10:40 AM
No hate here. But drivers I dont really care for: Terbo, Strickler, Clanton, Lanigan, Stremme, T Carpenter. And Kyle Bronson.

deadringer
12-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Why do people not like Strickler? Some of these other people like Lanigan, Clanton, Bronson, Terbo, Pierce and a few others I understand.

obamaracing#1
12-05-2020, 07:01 PM
Don’t EVER label anyone, nor demonize a person. There has never been A GOOD OR BAD PERSON that’s ever walked the face of this Earth.. I definitely have some drivers when over other drivers.

hawkeye90
12-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Dalton polston

Raceready
12-06-2020, 01:08 AM
Hate...none I can think of.Drivers I'm not a fan of and would root against...only two I can think of.Steve Francis & Boom BriggsI can see the dislike for Boom because he had enough balls to speak out against the gimmick of passing points butt... The Kentucky Colonel ? I thought everybody loved him ? At least they did back in the day. The only driver that i can say that has done enough down right stupid ignorant stunts and ran off at the mouth enough to gain my distain is Shane Clanton. He reminds me of Jethro Bodine of The Beverly Hillbillies but only dumber and uglier !