PDA

View Full Version : Bristol to hold dirt late model racing

MRM
12-04-2020, 02:11 PM
No sanctioning mentioned, but Bristol will be holding dirt late models and other classes the week before the NASCAR races.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/12/04/bristol-to-host-dirt-nationals-in-march/

chopter33
12-04-2020, 02:21 PM
No sanctioning mentioned, but Bristol will be holding dirt late models and other classes the week before the NASCAR races.https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/12/04/bristol-to-host-dirt-nationals-in-march/right on. smart move to get the dirt right for the nascar race. although i couldnt care less about nascar.

slideiton
12-04-2020, 03:12 PM
It's not going to be one of the National Tours sanctioned events. It's being promoted and broadcast by XR, the same company that Las Vegas uses for hosting the IMCA Duel in the Desert, but with that distribution that rules out LOLMDS and WoO.

zyoung25
12-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Scheduled on top of the icebreaker and buckeye 50. That's the only problem I have with it.

I can't see them pushing IMCA rules here, considering there isn't an imca car or track within 10+ hours from there.

slideiton
12-04-2020, 04:29 PM
It's not going to be IMCA, they couldn't really get the sanction anyway, with Zero IMCA tracks in the state. XR the promoters hired by SMI for LVMS are the ones doing Bristol as well. The closest IMCA cars for reference would be Mods in NW AR, closest Late Models in the Quad Citys at Davenport & East Moline.

WisWildManFan
12-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Still saying they will get a national tour after cup weekend. Time will tell

dirtcrazy4u
12-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Why would they even try something like this? You gotta bring the woo or lucas in.

bleedblue55
12-04-2020, 06:29 PM
I believe WOO is off that weekend, Lucas is not. I usually go to the Buckeye and will probably do so this year.

WisWildManFan
12-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Why would they even try something like this? You gotta bring the woo or lucas in.My thoughts are nascar won’t allow them to announce their races until after nascar weekend.

Rajflyboy
12-04-2020, 07:22 PM
I’m going to sign up for the competition to be “Ms Bristol Dirt Nationals Girl”😜

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
12-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Flyboy
Wont that b a conflict w/ the bearded lady at the fair?🤭🤭

Rajflyboy
12-04-2020, 11:09 PM
FlyboyWont that b a conflict w/ the bearded lady at the fair?來來I just want a free ticket into the place. . Whatever it takes.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
12-04-2020, 11:59 PM
I just want a free ticket into the place. . Whatever it takes.

Check w BloomerWon and u may b can trade old ladies and that will get u in. He dates all those type of girls. The last one was from the BIG HEFTY SWINE RACE sponsored by waffle house. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

dirtcrazy4u
12-05-2020, 05:15 AM
Maybe just maybe, nascrap concerns are the place mite have more fans for the slm or sprint car portion of the show. Did I see they are having the mod guys there ? Hummm, we can't do a class that shows how slow the million dollar cars will be.

Rajflyboy
12-05-2020, 06:12 AM
Check w BloomerWon and u may b can trade old ladies and that will get u in. He dates all those type of girls. The last one was from the BIG HEFTY SWINE RACE sponsored by waffle house. 藍藍藍藍藍Good plan 👍

BloomerWon
12-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Check w BloomerWon and u may b can trade old ladies and that will get u in. He dates all those type of girls. The last one was from the BIG HEFTY SWINE RACE sponsored by waffle house. 藍藍藍藍藍

Your stupidity is at it's all time high...
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You should apologize to the good folks on here for your nonsense.

Chop Chop!

dirtracing62
12-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Does anyone remember the Bristol late model race years ago? There were lots of cars and an all-night show. It has been a long time but I seem to remember wheels and front end parts were breaking by the minute. Is there something to prevent that from happening now?

Rajflyboy
12-07-2020, 01:56 PM
I was in the pits for the short track nationals in Bristol a few years back. I saw a lot of safety wire being used.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Does anyone remember the Bristol late model race years ago? There were lots of cars and an all-night show. It has been a long time but I seem to remember wheels and front end parts were breaking by the minute. Is there something to prevent that from happening now?

The guys breaking rr wheels had the lightest available. There were few issues the second go around.

dirtlmfan
12-08-2020, 03:39 PM
The guys breaking rr wheels had the lightest available. There were few issues the second go around.

There were less issues because Hav-a-Tampa forced all the teams to buy steel wheels for the event. And quite a few still broke the centers out of them. With the suspension travel of late models today, they may break more than just wheels this time. But it’ll be a spectacle!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-08-2020, 05:11 PM
I honestly don't remember wheel issues the second time, but I didn't attend it. I did the first time.

No one could keep engines cool the first time either. That improved as well, from the best I can recall. Guys put larger radiators in their cars.

zyoung25
12-08-2020, 05:39 PM
I never attended either, but I'm thinking it was the first year they had the dirt basically about halfway up on the concrete. That led to a lot of torn up metal.

My dad left it up to me, it was either go to the dream/million, or go to these races. I was still in high school at the time. We had to make up a bunch of snow days both years. I chose to go to the dream, and I wasn't missing the million the next year.

EvelB7
12-08-2020, 06:55 PM
They took banking out both years (ran the dirt from the inside wall to the top, was the deepest where the apron meets the track). The first year wheels where a big problem, second year it was much better. Rain did a number on it one of the years; ask Mike Gault about the torn up race cars (funny thing is the car he wrecked was still racing in 2013)...

Barbecueboy
12-08-2020, 07:03 PM
That's cool ....was the car still his in 13? If it was I'm sure I saw him race it a few times.

WisWildManFan
12-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Real shame the Lucas guys are busy that weekend. Would be nice to see them work something out where all the big dogs could attend

dirtybird73
12-09-2020, 06:08 AM
Real shame the Lucas guys are busy that weekend. Would be nice to see them work something out where all the big dogs could attend

The dates are the 15th - 20th which is Monday thru Saturday, so the Super Late Model portion could be during the week with Sprints and other classes finishing off on the weekend. Hopefully that is the plan so the Lucas guys can be there.

WisWildManFan
12-09-2020, 06:38 AM
The dates are the 15th - 20th which is Monday thru Saturday, so the Super Late Model portion could be during the week with Sprints and other classes finishing off on the weekend. Hopefully that is the plan so the Lucas guys can be there.I thought that they said super lates were the headliner. I haven't heard anything about sprints. If the late model portion is during the week I guess I wouldn't make it anyway living 12 hours away.

EvelB7
12-09-2020, 06:45 AM
That's cool ....was the car still his in 13? If it was I'm sure I saw him race it a few times.No, one of the crew guys bought it and fixed it back (it was as closed to a total loss as you can have) to run. He ran it at East Lincoln mostly.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-09-2020, 08:18 AM
They took banking out both years (ran the dirt from the inside wall to the top, was the deepest where the apron meets the track). The first year wheels where a big problem, second year it was much better. Rain did a number on it one of the years; ask Mike Gault about the torn up race cars (funny thing is the car he wrecked was still racing in 2013)...I absolutely remember that. Right at the flagstand. Totally trashed that SOB. I don’t believe he was hurt. But man was it bad.

I enjoyed it, was pretty good racing and an awesome facility.

raburke23
12-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Randy King Kong Korte flipped wildly coming out of turn 4 down the front stretch one year too. Can't remember which year it was. I wanna say it was the year with the rain delay. I mean, outside of Eldora, the feeling of being at Bristol with the late models was top 5 moments for me.

EvelB7
12-09-2020, 10:08 AM
I agree, we ran terrible but I have pictures hanging in my house from both years (and only have maybe half a dozen total racing pictures hanging up).

NeedforLMspeed
12-14-2020, 10:45 PM
IMCA mods, northern sport mods and stock cars will have an event there with entry limits.

Highside Hustler25
12-15-2020, 10:58 AM
IMCA mods, northern sport mods and stock cars will have an event there with entry limits.

IMCA Mods? Makes a lot of sense:confused:

TeNfOMaFiA69
12-16-2020, 04:11 PM
IMCA Mods? Makes a lot of sense:confused:

Barry Braun... still a douche

Pennsboro32
12-21-2020, 11:40 AM
10k to win on Friday and $50k on Saturday for late models. Wow

Dlmfan123
12-21-2020, 11:47 AM
https://t.co/JYPregPUqj

NeedforLM$peed
12-21-2020, 11:58 AM
How can highly decorated competitors be there. Isn't Lucas scheduled that weekend???

WisWildManFan
12-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Maybe Lucas Oil will become the title sponsor of the event and move their schedule around a bit... seen crazier things happen. Would be a shame if they couldn't work something out where all the best guys in the country could be there.

LM1M
12-21-2020, 01:05 PM
I think Lucas will reschedule their races that weekend

PushinTheLimit
12-21-2020, 02:53 PM
I don't see why Lucas couldn't move their dates up a week, or back a week if needed. It wouldn't interfere with other racing currently scheduled too much.

HoosierDirtFan
12-21-2020, 03:16 PM
BRISTOL TO PAY $50K FOR SUPER LATEMODELS
The inaugural Bristol Dirt Nationals, March 15-20, has added seven additional classes from multiple sanctioning bodies to join the Super Late Models and round out the weeklong extravaganza of dirt track racing that will offer an overall combined purse of more than $400,000, it was announced today by Bristol Motor Speedway officials.
The mega showcase of dirt track racing will feature many of the most highly-decorated competitors from across the United States with heavy participation expected from the East and Southeast and a large contingent of drivers traveling to Thunder Valley from the Midwest.
The powerful Super Late Models will headline the Bristol Dirt Nationals and will run full shows on both Friday and Saturday nights, with the marquee $50,000-to-win 50-lap grand finale on Saturday night closing out the historic event. On Friday night, the Super Late Models will close out the night’s racing with a 50-lap feature race that will pay $10,000-to-win.
Other classes to hit the famed Bristol Motor Speedway high banks during the highly-anticipated event include Modifieds, Sport Mods, Stock Cars, 602 and 604 Late Models (crate engine packages), Hornets (compacts) and Open Modifieds. Due to pit space considerations, all supporting divisions will be limited to 150 entries per class. The Super Late Models will not have an entry cap.
There will be heat and feature races on each day early in the week to set the fields for the main feature races in each of the seven support classes during the weekend. On Friday, there will be a 30-lap main for Sport Mods that pays $5,000 to the winner; a 30-lap main for the 602 Late Models that also pays the winner $5,000; and a 30-lap Modified feature that pays $7,500-to-win. On Saturday, there will be a 16-lap Hornet main that pays $2,000-to-win; a 30-lap Stock Car feature that pays $5,000 to the winner; a 30-lap 604 Late Model race that pays $7,500-to-win; and a 30-lap Open Modified feature that will pay the winner $10,000. All classes will award payouts to the top 24 finishers in the feature events.
Driver registration will be available starting Dec. 21 at www.bristoldirt.com. The event offers open registration and entry is on a first come, first served basis.
More details, including class breakdowns, participant entry fees, competition schedules, full purse breakdown information and event format will be announced soon. Information regarding spectator tickets (Friday and Saturday only), and camping availability will be announced in the new year.