PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again.

dirtcrazy4u
12-08-2020, 11:24 PM
State of Georgia wants to shut down all large gatherings for the first 2 months of 2021. Fucccccc !

fryefan
12-08-2020, 11:54 PM
It is going to get worse before it gets better. IF enough people take the vaccination, then things may start returning to normal by next fall.

B_K
12-09-2020, 01:02 AM
State of Georgia wants to shut down all large gatherings for the first 2 months of 2021. Fucccccc !

Nothing about this on our local news or on AJC site. Where you hearing this? Literally read an article today about Kemp staying the course.

dirtcrazy4u
12-09-2020, 04:08 AM
TV news. Local Georgia channel out of Savannah . Said the Governor is leaning toward a 100 Day shut down of all crowd drawing activities, state wide . Following Biden, he's pushing he wants 100 days of everyone wearing masks across the country.

Rajflyboy
12-09-2020, 04:42 AM
100 days = back to summer time plus the vaccine. These leaders are artificially trying to make themselves feel good.

dirtcrazy4u
12-09-2020, 04:49 AM
2nd week of april, Raj

dirtkart30
12-09-2020, 05:22 AM
GO FIGURE! do ya think the election for those 2 senator seats in GA has anything to do with this decision if its true? can you say mail in ballots.

Barbecueboy
12-09-2020, 06:14 AM
Exactly..........

WisWildManFan
12-09-2020, 06:40 AM
It is going to get worse before it gets better. IF enough people take the vaccination, then things may start returning to normal by next fall.You can take mine too while your at it if it makes you feel better.

B_K
12-09-2020, 07:24 AM
I guess it could happen, but Kemp was one of the absolute last to shut down and maybe the first to open back up near full throttle. He’s also never mandated masks statewide. I don’t see it happening here.

LM1M
12-09-2020, 08:44 AM
There's no proof that any vaccination is going to be a cure all, so that needs to be taken out of the picture. Restricting outdoor events is going in the absolute opposite direction of the science (except for large sporting events like football). More bass ackwards leadership from government for a virus that largely only targets the elderly.

RayCook53fan
12-09-2020, 09:29 AM

Fake news. Gov Kemp just said THIS MORNING he does not have another shut down planned, and is strongly encouraging the use of masks, hand washing, and social distancing. Literally heard it straight out of his mouth on the news 30 minutes ago.

dirtcrazy4u
12-09-2020, 10:10 AM
Cook fan. Let's hope Kemp was coming back at whomever started this crap. It was only yesterday I had heard what I mentioned. I was already planning my trip for the lucas opener.

fryefan
12-09-2020, 10:30 AM
There's no proof that any vaccination is going to be a cure all, so that needs to be taken out of the picture. Restricting outdoor events is going in the absolute opposite direction of the science (except for large sporting events like football). More bass ackwards leadership from government for a virus that largely only targets the elderly.

If enough people do not take the vaccine, when it is available, then we are going to be stuck in the "new normal".

Personally, I am willing to take the vaccine and hope we get back to the old normal sooner, rather than later.

Mams
12-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Luckily this will all go away once the election is over - I read it on 4m many months ago!

Pennsboro32
12-09-2020, 10:54 AM
Luckily this will all go away once the election is over - I read it on 4m many months ago!

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say that.

Highside Hustler25
12-09-2020, 11:05 AM
Interesting as to how many will take the vaccine. They say the second shot is a doozy and basically gives you all the symptoms of the virus. I know many people who got it, had very mild symptoms or none at all, and recovered in a day or two. Some folks that got the vaccination had really bad after effects. Is it worth the risk? Who knows for sure.

fryefan
12-09-2020, 12:06 PM

Anyone with half a clue knew that was not happening.

Barbecueboy
12-09-2020, 12:08 PM
The election isn't quite over yet is it? If so, why all the chatter about it on the news?

Pennsboro32
12-09-2020, 12:11 PM
The election isn't quite over yet is it? If so, why all the chatter about it on the news?

Because it's the news. Everything on there is just for ratings. Very little facts come from CNN, FOX, etc.

RayCook53fan
12-09-2020, 12:51 PM
I had covid, and was legitimately sick about 5 weeks ago. Not deathly ill, but still sick. Honestly, now more than ever am I against the masks, lockdowns, and all this. Wonder if I will still have to take the vaccine?

I'm just tryin to go to Golden Isles!!!

B_K
12-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Define normal.

As of this moment, my kid is in school five days a week. I’m sitting in my office at work everyday. Daughter has played softball, cheered, and is playing youth basketball currently. I’ve been to a socially distant concert. Went to three high school football games. Went to the beach this summer. Went to some races. Had a typical thanksgiving and will do the same with Christmas hopefully.

That’s fairly normal.

After a month or two of watching story after story of how everyone who did everything they were told and still got the virus we chose to get back to living life. I’ll wear a mask when required. I wash my hands. I stay out of peoples faces.

That doesn’t make me brave, but IMO it doesn’t make me selfish either. To many unanswered questions and theories on timelines to sit and stare at the living room walls.

Thankfully I’m in a state where that’s been possible. Hope that doesn’t change.

d-glenn
12-09-2020, 02:04 PM
B_K, same with me here in Alabama, I have been to football, basketball, races and Wal Mart 2/3 times a week. At 82, I do wear the mask when out in the public. Looking forward to the ICE BOWL and East Bay.

TerryM
12-09-2020, 04:32 PM
TV news. Local Georgia channel out of Savannah . Said the Governor is leaning toward a 100 Day shut down of all crowd drawing activities, state wide . Following Biden, he's pushing he wants 100 days of everyone wearing masks across the country.
We live near Savannah. I haven’t heard a word about anything like this.

dirtcrazy4u
12-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Terry I know I heard it because I just could not believe what I was hearing. What it seems like to me was a tv station that didn't have facts and where pushing there agenda. I'm here in bluffton, sc and want to get down to watch the lucas guys open up there season in Brunswick. Hope to heck it warms up a bit I can tell you that.

Barbecueboy
12-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Love that bluffton Beaufort area.....one of my kids went to school down there, loved to go visit.

TerryM
12-09-2020, 06:06 PM
I’m not doubting you heard it. It’s hard to take any news outlet seriously these days, so I rarely watch any. Brunswick is where we start our race season every year. I don’t even want to think about not getting to be there in 2021. Especially after having our 2020 season reduced to maybe a dozen shows.

We’re attending a high school football playoff game Friday and there are zero restrictions in place. It’d be pretty stupid to go from that, to a 100-day complete shutdown less than a month later — but we’re talking about politicians here, so nothing would shock me. It would just really suck though for those of us living down here, because the first three months are about the only super late model shows worth attending in Georgia. That would wipe out most of our in-state racing season.

TerryM
12-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Agreed about Bluffton. Beautiful area. We have friends there in the house flipping and realty businesses. Last name is Altizer. Good folks and highly recommended.

ZERO25
12-09-2020, 10:29 PM
After seeing Kemps actions or non-actions, on this election fiasco, nothing would surprise me now!

Its been reported he has received kickbacks from Dominion!

dynotimeonly
12-10-2020, 04:26 AM
AGAIN,,,,,,, it's a VIRUS!!!!!!!!

Masks, shots, ect are NOT going to stop it. Herd immunity is the ONLY end game in sight! If these so called "experts" where serious? You'd see Walmart. Home Depot, CosCo closing.

SUPPORT your small town Mom n Pop stores....

dirtcrazy4u
12-10-2020, 04:52 AM
Well I just came home from Hilton head hospital yesterday, hip replacement, I asked about how many beds there using. I was told they have the whole 2nd floor of the hospital and the workers are not allowed to disclose have many beds are being used. Grounds to be dismissed I was told. Really does make one wonder.

Barbecueboy
12-10-2020, 06:55 AM

Masks, shots, ect are NOT going to stop it. Herd immunity is the ONLY end game in sight! If these so called "experts" where serious? You'd see Walmart. Home Depot, CosCo closing.

Well said.....totally agree.

Especially the part about supporting the mom and pops.

B_K
12-10-2020, 08:18 AM

Absolutely Small Business support shouldn’t be about one Saturday a year. Shop local, eat local, support local as much as you can. Taking care of home should always be a top priority IMO.

ZERO25
12-10-2020, 07:37 PM

In my area, us hunters are relying on the mom n pops for ammo!

The big retailers aint got any!

TerryM
12-11-2020, 07:42 AM
Which big retailers are out? Are you talking online or in person? I haven’t noticed much of a difference. But I’m not a hunter, so I only shop for ammo a couple times a year.

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Try buying 223 or 556 caliber bulk. Seems everyone is out. Same with 9mm.

Pennsboro32
12-11-2020, 08:10 AM
9mm definitely out.

dirtcrazy4u
12-11-2020, 11:48 AM
2 of my local gun shops only have ammo if you buy a gun. Pistol, you get 2 boxes of ammo. Rifle, 50 rds. Shotgun 50 rds. I was looking for a new long range gun, my club has a 600 yd bay, forget about it. Same with my new sporting clays gun. I've been waiting 6 months and just got the word last week. No idea when I mite see it.

Barbecueboy
12-11-2020, 01:10 PM
9mm out and I can't really find a lot of 380 either in my neck of the woods but we are in pretty good shape otherwise........if I need more than I have we are in big trouble.

dirtcrazy4u
12-11-2020, 01:20 PM
LOL. Bbq. Yea me too.

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2020, 03:45 PM
I like to target shoot and you can go through a lot of ammo in a hurry. I've got a healthy supply but I've also put my target shooting on hold to keep it that way.

TS FAN
12-11-2020, 03:49 PM
States run by Republican Govs are not going to shut anything down. Yes they will threaten perhaps but they won't. Dem Govs are elitist jerks and they will attempt to destroy anything they want. Biden aka (The demented sock puppet) has no authority what soever to demand masks. Ignore that idiot.
If you live in states run by Dems, I feel for you. Your rights are taken away. Rep Gov know better.

mcarter815
12-11-2020, 04:11 PM
I couldn't find any 20ga leading up to deer season. I had to scrape by with what I already had.

lurker
12-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Ammo suppliers I use, but you must act fast when its in stock.

sgammo.com
Clear view investments
Classic Firearms
Rural King (the gun barn)
Facebook Marketplace (its always listed sneakily so look hard)

ZERO25
12-11-2020, 10:49 PM
Which big retailers are out? Are you talking online or in person? I haven’t noticed much of a difference. But I’m not a hunter, so I only shop for ammo a couple times a year.

Academy Sports, Walmart are the big 2 in my area!

Believe it or not, I am looking for a Browning bar and found it $100 cheaper at a mom n pop store!

chupp n bloomer fan
12-12-2020, 05:29 AM
Lol, I live in Ohio, our Governor has that little R thing next to his name, and you bet your a$$ we have a mask mandate and lots of rules.

Crazy y’all are still on this ridiculous R vs D sh!t, like what we’ve seen in the last month or so hasn’t proven the Republicans can cry, whine, moan, and do as ridiculous sh!t as the Democrats. But carry on with your guys ridiculous hypocritical BS.

Barbecueboy
12-12-2020, 07:42 AM
I couldn't find any 20ga leading up to deer season. I had to scrape by with what I already had.

You should have loaded up on 20ga back in March instead of toilet paper and sanitizer...there was plenty.

3 wide
12-12-2020, 09:15 AM
Well total deaths in the US for 2019 was a little over 2.9 million as of November 16 for 2020 it was almost 2.5 million it makes a total projection of just over 2.8 million for 2020.In 2015 the death total was was just over 2.7 million.There are 7,500 people that die every day in the US.

Dlmfan123
12-12-2020, 04:50 PM
Golden isles cancelled already

Mister Ricochet
12-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Golden isles cancelled already

Lucas sanctioned Golden Isles Speedweeks are cancelled?

Barbecueboy
12-13-2020, 12:43 AM
Well total deaths in the US for 2019 was a little over 2.9 million as of November 16 for 2020 it was almost 2.5 million it makes a total projection of just over 2.8 million for 2020.In 2015 the death total was was just over 2.7 million.There are 7,500 people that die every day in the US.

But the difference in 2020 is that all those deaths are covid related.......it's pretty strange for sure.

Krooser
12-13-2020, 10:47 AM
Well I just came home from Hilton head hospital yesterday, hip replacement, I asked about how many beds there using. I was told they have the whole 2nd floor of the hospital and the workers are not allowed to disclose have many beds are being used. Grounds to be dismissed I was told. Really does make one wonder.

Had a knee replacement Nov 3....was set for late October but was cancelled because of hospital " overcrowding".

Two days later they rescheduled it....must have had a mass exodus from the hospital.

Nurses verified they are short on help after mass layoffs. Thats why hospitals are so busy....

My Bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) meter is at 500%.

lurker
12-18-2020, 09:28 PM
A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg

dirtcrazy4u
12-19-2020, 04:09 AM
Down here in the south ammo shelves are empty. Gun sales have again gone thru the roof. Palmetto state armory locations look like they had a wind storm come in and carried it all out. No ammo. No guns. At least some small businesses are doing ok.

jr29
12-19-2020, 06:13 AM

Shots aren't going to stop it ????????
Do you see kids running around with measles ? No. There is a vaccine.

jr29
12-19-2020, 08:09 AM
But the difference in 2020 is that all those deaths are covid related.......it's pretty strange for sure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-chart-us-death-figures-2020/fact-check-chart-does-not-present-accurate-us-deaths-figure-for-2020-idUSKBN2872MV

jr29
12-19-2020, 08:17 AM

Back in late spring/early summer there were just a handful covid related deaths in the area I am from...literally a couple dozen. I had people tell me that they knew local doctors who weren't agreeing to list non-covid related deaths as being covid related. Basically, the doctors in my area were supposed to be ethically and morally superior to doctors in other area that were reporting more deaths.
Fast forward to mid-summer and deaths started to pile up. Now we are in the hundreds. What happened to the moral compass those doctors had back in the spring ?

Barbecueboy
12-19-2020, 02:48 PM
Joemala happened too them.......they know they better get in line with the rest.

jr29
12-19-2020, 03:25 PM
Joemala happened too them.......they know they better get in line with the rest.

The election happened mid-summer ?

This is a very red area. I can't think of a single elected official of any significance who is a democrat. Are they in on the whole thing with the doctors ?

buckeyebandit7
12-19-2020, 09:40 PM

The reason you don't see kids running around with measles is because the measles virus does not mutate. Vaccinated once in our childhood....good to go for life.....see the below article attached.

If the COVID virus acts like the flu virus, meaning it will have the ability to mutate, then the COVID vaccine will be like the flu vaccine, meaning it will be a crap shoot as to which strain they will be vaccinating for from year to year....

A vaccine is not a cure all. And herd immunity will do no good if it mutates. We don't have herd immunity from the flu, do we?

It's a virus. It is now here to stay. It's not going away. The best thing we can do is not live in fear, use some common sense and live our lives. I, for one, do not choose to live in fear.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150521133628.htm

jr29
12-20-2020, 05:53 AM
The reason you don't see kids running around with measles is because the measles virus does not mutate. Vaccinated once in our childhood....good to go for life.....see the below article attached.

If the COVID virus acts like the flu virus, meaning it will have the ability to mutate, then the COVID vaccine will be like the flu vaccine, meaning it will be a crap shoot as to which strain they will be vaccinating for from year to year....

A vaccine is not a cure all. And herd immunity will do no good if it mutates. We don't have herd immunity from the flu, do we?

It's a virus. It is now here to stay. It's not going away. The best thing we can do is not live in fear, use some common sense and live our lives. I, for one, do not choose to live in fear.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150521133628.htm

More hypotheticals, please.

The flu does mutate and we can get a yearly vaccination that reduces its overall affect tremendously. If covid also mutates why would scientists and doctors not be able to do the same ?

3 wide
12-20-2020, 06:20 AM
Read post 48 an twice as many people in the us will die of heart disease than covid.

jr29
12-20-2020, 07:08 AM
Read post 48 an twice as many people in the us will die of heart disease than covid.

I did read post 48 and I responded.

And you can't sneeze on me and give me heart disease. Why is that so hard for some people to get through their heads ?

TS FAN
12-20-2020, 07:10 AM
LOL I live in Ohio too. Exactly what has the Gov shut down since the first round? Answer NOTHING other than Gov run business. 10 O'Clock curfew on bars and restaurants. Everyone wants people to wear masks. Check your facts. He threatens but he knows its unconstitutional to shut down non gov business and especially Churches. Dem run cities are a disaster. Do give me this bull there is not a difference. Mr chupp bloomer

jr29
12-20-2020, 07:14 AM
LOL I live in Ohio too. Exactly what has the Gov shut down since the first round? Answer NOTHING other than Gov run business. 10 O'Clock curfew on bars and restaurants. Everyone wants people to wear masks. Check your facts. He threatens but he knows its unconstitutional to shut down non gov business and especially Churches. Dem run cities are a disaster. Do give me this bull there is not a difference. Mr chupp bloomer

My state is as red as it gets and last week I believe it was the hottest covid spot in the world. Three counties in the state voted democratic this past election, 92 voted republican.

jr29
12-20-2020, 07:35 AM
Stop blaming democrats.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2020/12/16/tennessee-covid-19-outbreak-among-top-country-vaccine-nears-rollout/3921120001/

buckeyebandit7
12-20-2020, 07:46 AM

The flu does mutate and we can get a yearly vaccination that reduces its overall affect tremendously. If covid also mutates why would scientists and doctors not be able to do the same ?

You are a dumbass.

The original post said mask and shots won't stop it. You replied asked that guy if we see kids running around with measles and you said no because there is a vaccine for it. That implies that the COVID vaccine is going to stop it.

All I was trying to do was show you that you are comparing apples and oranges. The measles vaccine WORKS because the measles virus does not mutate. If COVID mutates, then the vaccine will be like the flu vaccine....it is something that DOESN'T WORK TOTALLY because it is a vaccine shooting at a moving target. And, if you want to get right down to it, the flu vaccine is unremarkable at best. Does it help? Sure, to some extent but people still get it, even after having gotten the vaccine, and die from it every year. You just don't hear about anything other than COVID because COVID is the only sickness in the world now. There is no Alzheimer's, which is going to kill my mother in a few years.....or cancer, which killed my father 2 years ago. Had my father had COVID, the glioblastoma in his head that was about a quarter the size of his brain and viciously invasive would not have been what killed him, it would have been the COVID.......But I digress.

Your original comment about the measles vaccine implied that the COVID vaccine will be a cure. If that is not what you meant, then you should have said that.

My rant is over....

jr29
12-20-2020, 07:53 AM
You are a dumbass.

The original post said mask and shots won't stop it. You replied asked that guy if we see kids running around with measles and you said no because there is a vaccine for it. That implies that the COVID vaccine is going to stop it.

All I was trying to do was show you that you are comparing apples and oranges. The measles vaccine WORKS because the measles virus does not mutate. If COVID mutates, then the vaccine will be like the flu vaccine....it is something that DOESN'T WORK TOTALLY because it is a vaccine shooting at a moving target. And, if you want to get right down to it, the flu vaccine is unremarkable at best. Does it help? Sure, to some extent but people still get it, even after having gotten the vaccine, and die from it every year. You just don't hear about anything other than COVID because COVID is the only sickness in the world now. There is no Alzheimer's, which is going to kill my mother in a few years.....or cancer, which killed my father 2 years ago. Had my father had COVID, the glioblastoma in his head that was about a quarter the size of his brain and viciously invasive would not have been what killed him, it would have been the COVID.......But I digress.

Your original comment about the measles vaccine implied that the COVID vaccine will be a cure. If that is not what you meant, then you should have said that.

My rant is over....

The guy said shots don't work for a virus. Go back and look. I can see how you interpreted my post and I should have made myself a little more clear.

I'm well aware of the success rate of flu vaccine.

Want to call me more names ?

lurker
12-20-2020, 09:34 AM
UK shutdown new China virus strain - https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS454US624&sxsrf=ALeKk00iCtjMBq_iQrW4gzsVooi9X0xX1w%3A1608478 067558&ei=c23fX6nOIeb85gLXkLjQAQ&q=uk+shutdown+new+strain&oq=uk+shutdown+new+s&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMggIABDJAxDEAjIKCAAQCBANEAo QHjIICAAQCBANEB46BAgAEEc6BwgAEMkDEAM6DQgAELEDEIMBE BQQhwI6BggAEAoQAzoGCAAQChBDOgQIABAKOgQIABBDOgIIADo ICAAQFhAKEB46BggAEBYQHjoECAAQA1CXVFiQYmC4fmgAcAJ4A IABigGIAagFkgEDMi40mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBAsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab

lurker
12-20-2020, 10:00 AM
Is racing season 2021 here in the USA now under attack with this new China virus strain?

zyoung25
12-20-2020, 10:03 AM

Just do us all a favor. Pull your lip over your head, and swallow. It'll probably put more toilet paper on the shelf for the rest of us that's been living outside the fear since all of this

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-20-2020, 10:24 AM

We have been trained to be so scared of this virus that a 60% effective, yearly vaccine, would leave us living the current life for the rest of our days. At that point, life isn't worth living and the vaccine is useless.

lurker
12-20-2020, 10:46 AM
---- and the vaccine is useless.

Well, that, and the new China virus strain.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-20-2020, 10:51 AM
Well, that, and the new China virus strain.

The particulars are yet unknown, but the way people are panicking, makes you think the worst.

Buford.Justice
12-20-2020, 02:34 PM
Stop blaming democrats.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2020/12/16/tennessee-covid-19-outbreak-among-top-country-vaccine-nears-rollout/3921120001/

Okay but they are not Democrats anymore. That's the part you can't seem to learn. They are Marxist Globalists and they want total rule of the US. They even colluded with the Chinese on how to steal the election. Maybe this only angers you, but it's the truth!!

And they don't care if you don't have a race track to go to also.

dirtcrazy4u
12-20-2020, 04:42 PM
WOW. New strain coming out of china. I for one am shocked. Some have this mentality that this is somehow a political agenda. Do some of you think maybe it's only democrats or is it republicans just dying ? In my opinion if you are a cautious person. Wear a dang mask, use a hand sanitizer, are be aware of your surroundings. Chances are your not going to get it. If your a fool, then you deserve it. Is the government blowing this to extremes, your dang right they are because it could easily become a lot worse than what we have know.

lurker
12-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Some have this mentality that this is somehow a political agenda.

Well we do have the conspiracy theory that the man made China virus is China’s retaliation for Trumps foreign trade agreement, so we have that going for us.

Stefan2k20
12-20-2020, 10:47 PM
First of all the Covid sars2 virus does not mutate as rapidly as influenza virus. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200803105246.htm
SARS-CoV-2 mutation rate remains low. Secondly, even if it mutates, that doesn't mean the vaccines will not work against the newer strains.
Despite its mutations, the virus shows little variability, and this is good news for the researchers working on a viable vaccine. Furthermore, there is more to your immune system than just antibodies. It's a rather complex system. Even if a vaccine or prior exposure doesn't totally protect you from catching it. it may make it much less severe. In fact there is some evidence that exposure or past infections with other corona viruses, like a few which are known to cause the common cold, may provide some protection against covid. This may explain why some people have very mild cases while others have more serious. See this article. https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6512/89 And this one. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/immune-cells-common-cold-may-recognize-sars-cov-2

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-20-2020, 11:14 PM
First of all the Covid sars2 virus does not mutate as rapidly as influenza virus. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200803105246.htm Secondly, even if it mutates, that doesn't mean the vaccines will not work against the newer strains. Furthermore, there is more to your immune system than just antibodies. It's a rather complex system. Even if a vaccine or prior exposure doesn't totally protect you from catching it. it may make it much less severe. In fact there is some evidence that exposure or past infections with other corona viruses, like a few which are known to cause the common cold, may provide some protection against covid. This may explain why some people have very mild cases while others have more serious. See this article. https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6512/89 And this one. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/immune-cells-common-cold-may-recognize-sars-cov-2

Cases like this prove there is much that is still unproven hypothesis.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-reinfection-documented-in-nevada-adds-to-questions-on-virus-immunity-11602541808

NormP
12-22-2020, 03:39 PM

You still have to get a flu shot every year, and even then it's not a guarantee against catching the flu. Experts (not random people on 4m) do not yet know if you'll have to get a China flu shot every year or not. So it's silly to compare this to a measles vaccine.

Buford.Justice
12-22-2020, 08:36 PM
The guy said shots don't work for a virus. Go back and look. I can see how you interpreted my post and I should have made myself a little more clear.

I'm well aware of the success rate of flu vaccine.

Want to call me more names ?

We don't have that much time and space!!!!! hehe

Buford.Justice
12-22-2020, 08:45 PM
WOW. New strain coming out of china. I for one am shocked. Some have this mentality that this is somehow a political agenda. Do some of you think maybe it's only democrats or is it republicans just dying ? In my opinion if you are a cautious person. Wear a dang mask, use a hand sanitizer, are be aware of your surroundings. Chances are your not going to get it. If your a fool, then you deserve it. Is the government blowing this to extremes, your dang right they are because it could easily become a lot worse than what we have know.

Somehow a political agenda? You really think it isn't????

It could and did get worse when the GOV banned hydroxy and other treatments just because they worked and Trump endorced them. Look at South AMerica, Africa, and other parts of the world where those drugs were not banned. Very few cases.

Keep wearing your masks and the germs and viruses will have a breeding ground and recirculate your body.

But only when some wise people (roll eyes) like the WHO finally tell you masks don't work and are actually bad for you, will you listen....

dirtcrazy4u
12-23-2020, 10:23 AM
You need help

mcarter815
12-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Buford has bought into the QAnon lies.

jr29
12-23-2020, 02:17 PM
We don't have that much time and space!!!!! hehe

Good one, guy.

jr29
12-23-2020, 02:23 PM
Just do us all a favor. Pull your lip over your head, and swallow. It'll probably put more toilet paper on the shelf for the rest of us that's been living outside the fear since all of this

Hit me with more long winded, grandma style insults. I have thick skin.

zyoung25
12-23-2020, 07:55 PM
Hit me with more long winded, grandma style insults. I have thick skin.

Its not my fault you're dull and didn't enjoy grumpy old men. If that's long winded to you, you clearly haven't lived much.

Buford.Justice
12-23-2020, 08:33 PM
You need help

We all do, except you don't even realize it.....

Buford.Justice
12-23-2020, 08:35 PM
Buford has bought into the QAnon lies.

I look at you with total amazement as you live in denial by choice. I feel sorry for the clueless and total disdain for those that know what's going on but still support it anyway...

TerryM
12-27-2020, 09:29 AM
Ya gotta love the paranoid psycho weirdos who think everything is some kind of political conspiracy. I’ve seen these nutcases every decade since I was born. They’ve been wrong every time, yet they always think the next time they’ll be right lol.

lurker
12-27-2020, 11:02 AM
TerryM-

Record gun and ammo sales in 2020 does hold a little bit of water with some of those psycho weirdo conspiracy theorist --- so they have that going for themselves.

TurboTurtle17
12-27-2020, 07:01 PM
I have been wondering what next season will bring, well this is for sure this “virus” isn’t going away anytime “SOON”

Rajflyboy
12-27-2020, 07:07 PM
Freedoms are being taken away and folks are mostly going along with it. The country is becoming mostly sissified

Highside Hustler25
12-27-2020, 07:37 PM
I hope everybody responding on this thread are wearing a mask while typing:D

Buford.Justice
12-27-2020, 07:57 PM
I hope everybody responding on this thread are wearing a mask while typing:D

Would not be surprized if one of the posters on this thread actully is wearing a mask!!! :)

TurboTurtle17
12-27-2020, 09:39 PM
Freedoms are being taken away and folks are mostly going along with it. The country is becoming mostly sissifiedYes um RajFlyBoy , not just this “country” it is as well the rest of the world of “Humanity” , being led by their unseen “MASTERS” , for very little to nobody is a “MASTER” of them selfs .

Rajflyboy
12-28-2020, 05:47 AM
So true. I agree. Worldwide problem for sure.

TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN
12-28-2020, 05:28 PM
Would not be surprized if one of the posters on this thread actully is wearing a mask!!! :)

I know needforLMspeed does but he hasnt posted on this thread so there must b 2 posters that do.

dirtcrazy4u
12-28-2020, 05:57 PM
So what ? Listen to yourselves. If anybody wants to wear a mask that's his right. Just as you have a right not to wear one. It has been proven, taking precautions lessens the chance of getting this horrible virus. Sure, I know of a husband and wife that only had sore throats for a week, and yes they tested positive. I also know of people that died. YOU need to do what you feel is right and I will take my precautions and feel better about it. Your problem is you don't care if you spread it. I do.

TurboTurtle17
12-28-2020, 06:09 PM
So what ? Listen to yourselves. If anybody wants to wear a mask that's his right. Just as you have a right not to wear one. It has been proven, taking precautions lessens the chance of getting this horrible virus. Sure, I know of a husband and wife that only had sore throats for a week, and yes they tested positive. I also know of people that died. YOU need to do what you feel is right and I will take my precautions and feel better about it. Your problem is you don't care if you spread it. I do.This an example of foolish quibble people’s being led by ther unknown/unseen masters of the world , here in “America” way over the great blue waters , people are so easily mentally manipulated an controlled by higher “AUTHORITY” ;)

Rajflyboy
12-28-2020, 06:36 PM
Freedom vs security. Can’t have 100% of both ... so where are you? I’m 80% freedom 20% security = mask is up to individual = business should not be shut by government

buster83
12-28-2020, 09:34 PM
Addy boy d-glenn