PDA

View Full Version : Shirley and Thornton

chupp n bloomer fan
01-14-2021, 03:39 PM
How the he!! can Shirley be mad at Thornton? You pulled another Illinois drivers “slide job”. You had way too much steam, locked up the left front at least, and drove over the cushion, you literally parked it in front of him. You totally overdrove it, was not enough time for Thornton to react. Had you pulled a legit slider, yeah he coulda turned under you. That was not that.

At least Thornton’s assessment was legit.

BloomerWon
01-14-2021, 03:48 PM
Illinois drivers slide job??? WHAT? Lol, dont let the bs bobby displays effect your better judgment on some of the cleanest drivers in the country...

LM1M
01-14-2021, 03:48 PM
Agree, Shirley seems like a good guy but he should have just said I screwed up. But it looks like he was mad that Thornton went from bottom of 4 to the wall on front stretch and that's what precipitated it. Not sure what Shirley wanted it to go that way but he did have to take evasive action on the front stretch to keep his momentum up when Thornton pulled in front of him.

zyoung25
01-14-2021, 03:51 PM
So you can basically drive straight into the corner at weird angle, stand on the brakes and push up the entire track, almost come to a stop, and still blame the guy behind you? I must say, that's a new one for me.

I'd expect better out of a guy that's won national titles and has been around for awhile. There was nothing Ricky could.

TS FAN
01-14-2021, 04:31 PM
Racing deal. It happens. Of course that is unless Pierce was involved.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-14-2021, 04:58 PM
Racing deal. It happens. Of course that is unless Pierce was involved.If Pierce pulled that same move I’d call it that same way. And yeah, it was a racing deal. But Shirley acting like Thornton was at fault was BS. I expect that move from 32, not from Shirley.

Bad slider no matter who it was. I don’t wear rose colored glasses for anyone.

84wedge
01-14-2021, 05:28 PM
His car was a little too fast, for him to be entering the corner at that speed, that low, the track would have needed to be about 50 feet wider.

Highside Hustler25
01-14-2021, 07:16 PM
I'm a Shirley fan and yes, that's a head scratcher.

Highside Hustler25
01-14-2021, 07:18 PM
Illinois drivers slide job??? WHAT? Lol

He's gotta be talking about you. Mine are always clean 😇😇😇

0_VodooChild_0
01-14-2021, 07:27 PM
Lap 6-7 of a 30 lapper. Yeah, Squirrel, you really needed to do that at that point of the race. What a moron. For what it is worth, Shirley NEVER touched the brakes on the front stretch when Thornton slid up. Squirrel is full of $h1t

Highside Hustler25
01-14-2021, 07:47 PM
Lap 6-7 of a 30 lapper. Yeah, Squirrel, you really needed to do that at that point of the race. What a moron. For what it is worth, Shirley NEVER touched the brakes on the front stretch when Thornton slid up. Squirrel is full of $h1t

Feel better now?🥱

Zonks32x
01-14-2021, 10:05 PM

I thought this thread was about Squirrel and RTJ!?!?
Well...it was nice while it lasted for all of 4 post.

Squirrel has only himself to blame for the end result of that deal.

Barbecueboy
01-14-2021, 10:13 PM

Just not as frequently:)

chupp n bloomer fan
01-15-2021, 11:13 AM
I thought this thread was about Squirrel and RTJ!?!?
Well...it was nice while it lasted for all of 4 post.

Squirrel has only himself to blame for the end result of that deal.I’m guilty sorta in the start of the thread. When I said Illinois drivers, I meant that one guy. But I didn’t wanna say it and go down that rabbit hole.:)

Jking24
01-15-2021, 11:54 AM
I like aggressive drivers like both of them but thought it was overly aggressive for both of them so early in the race. Rtj slid to the moon out of four you know the sliders coming he had to be able to hear Shirley. I don't know about brakes but Shirley did look like he checked the fuel to give rt room. If Shirley wouldn't of parked it over the cushion rt probably would have lifted but it looked like he tried to gas it up and turn under Shirley so that he didn't cost himself abunch of track position. Ultimately just a racing deal that could of been prevented by both partys.

formercrewguy
01-15-2021, 12:17 PM
I thought it was great. Gave Laney 3 more spots!

EvelB7
01-15-2021, 01:25 PM
RTJ should have hauled his bent sheet metal down and put it on Shirley's hauler....Guy did just that to him at Swainsboro a few years ago after Shirley ran him over.....

LM1M
01-15-2021, 02:14 PM
Good article on DoD today about Lanigan/Dillard dust up last night. Lanigan manned up and said it was his fault, Squirrel should have done the same.

BloomerWon
01-15-2021, 02:55 PM
He's gotta be talking about you. Mine are always clean 

No one in Illinois is clean according to c n b...

He throws all the Illinois drivers under the bus instead of just saying bobby to not turn the thread into a dumpster fire?? Lmao, ... 🙃

JabberJaws83
01-15-2021, 02:58 PM
Squirrel is an idiot and proved it in his interview. Said Thornton coulda braked because he used the brakes for him on the front stretch. I’d say Thornton had no idea he was there when he was racing Papich and Thornton probably could slammed the brakes and still not missed Shirley. Saw him to do the same to Terbo at I 55 a couple years ago.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-15-2021, 03:11 PM
No one in Illinois is clean according to c n b...

He throws all the Illinois drivers under the bus instead of just saying bobby to not turn the thread into a dumpster fire?? Lmao, ... Calm down Kyle, I was blatantly referring to that one driver. I figured everyone could read between the lines. I’m a huge fan of Babb and BShepp and admire how Erb Jr does it.

BloomerWon
01-15-2021, 03:12 PM
Shame shame for roughing up terbo, my gosh how dare he!! Lol and lol some dam more!!!!

BloomerWon
01-15-2021, 03:16 PM
Kyle? Ok lol. You telling me to calm down? Hahahahaha!! Oh man, that's a good'in....

WisWildManFan
01-15-2021, 06:25 PM
I honestly thought rtj hit a rut when he gassed up and that’s what sent him into squirrels side of car. You can see left front bounce. Don’t have a dog in the fight that’s just what I thought happened. Without that rut or hole he would of drove right underneath him.

TBSprintFan
01-15-2021, 07:41 PM
I like aggressive drivers like both of them but thought it was overly aggressive for both of them so early in the race. Rtj slid to the moon out of four you know the sliders coming he had to be able to hear Shirley. I don't know about brakes but Shirley did look like he checked the fuel to give rt room. If Shirley wouldn't of parked it over the cushion rt probably would have lifted but it looked like he tried to gas it up and turn under Shirley so that he didn't cost himself abunch of track position. Ultimately just a racing deal that could of been prevented by both partys.

Best explanation of what happened, just a racing deal and both at fault.