PDA

View Full Version : Leebo

gorj
01-18-2021, 08:37 AM
In Remembrance of Leebo
Ten years ago lost a great friend and huge dirt late model fan.
RIP Lee and Bea

Trax53
01-18-2021, 09:01 AM
Wow! Can't believe it has been 10 years already... RIP Leebo

TerryM
01-18-2021, 09:26 AM
RIP to one of the good ones. Only met him once, because we lived several hours apart, but since I moved to South Georgia in 2014 one of his old local tracks is now one of mine. Every time we go to Screven and walk past the Leebo Grandstand, I stop and pay homage for a moment.

Rajflyboy
01-18-2021, 09:40 AM
Rip to him.

gorj
01-18-2021, 10:57 AM
RIP to one of the good ones. Only met him once, because we lived several hours apart, but since I moved to South Georgia in 2014 one of his old local tracks is now one of mine. Every time we go to Screven and walk past the Leebo Grandstand, I stop and pay homage for a moment.

Screven Motor Speedway continuing to honor Leebo- great folks
And this board with Leebo’s Corner

d-glenn
01-18-2021, 01:08 PM
One of the good ones. He loved Freddy Smith. RIP Leebo...

Slideways
01-18-2021, 03:48 PM
Time sure flies... RIP Leebo

lorenzo
01-18-2021, 05:42 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Leebo at the 2004 DTWC in Bardstown. We were in line next to each other waiting for the gates to open. Struck up a conversation and he invited me to join him in the turn 1 grandstands. He was as good as they come.

seifertfan2
01-18-2021, 06:15 PM
RIP to one of the good guys. I cant believe it has been 10 yrs. I remember meeting him and all of you guys at Screven, lots of good convo and times. We might not have all liked the same drivers but it was all good. It wouldnt be any fun if we all liked the same guy. lol

pierceFAN
01-18-2021, 06:21 PM
R.I.P. old friend

cooter71
01-18-2021, 10:35 PM
He was a good one 00 for life!!! !

flagone
01-18-2021, 11:28 PM
My friend Lee was one of a kind. We didn't start out friends but we sure ended up as friends. Thankful to have known him and Miss Bea.

GA-DIRT
01-19-2021, 04:11 AM
Lee would sale his VCR tapes an Bee had stuff she had made too,we still got some of his tapes, an Bees potholders.At Pennsbroro one year after Freddy just won 50 gs Lee carried it to out for Fred in a tin potato can! He loved to tell that one. R.I.P. Lee & Bee 🏁

gorj
01-19-2021, 10:22 AM
RIP to one of the good guys. I cant believe it has been 10 yrs. I remember meeting him and all of you guys at Screven, lots of good convo and times. We might not have all liked the same drivers but it was all good. It wouldnt be any fun if we all liked the same guy. lol

No doubt, talking racing and enjoying conversation. I think we can all look back and say we enjoyed the folks that we would see from one track to another as much as the racing itself.

gorj
01-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Lee would sale his VCR tapes an Bee had stuff she had made too,we still got some of his tapes, an Bees potholders.At Pennsbroro one year after Freddy just won 50 gs Lee carried it to out for Fred in a tin potato can! He loved to tell that one. R.I.P. Lee & Bee 

That’s funny you say that - to add to it. A friend of Lee’s by the name of Mr. T (Turner) was with them at the hotel. Mr T was the nicest most soft spoken person you’d ever meet. They were gonna run and get a bite to eat. Well Mr. T was kinda of voluntold to stay in the room while they ran up the road. They thanked him for watching over the $ when they returned. The look on his face when he realized he was guarding the tin can.

gorj
01-19-2021, 10:53 AM
One of the good ones. He loved Freddy Smith. RIP Leebo...

Leebo traveled far and wide to tracks all over the country including a few in Hawaii. He finally made the trip to East Bay. Enjoyed it very much. Including the strawberry short cake.