PDA

View Full Version : Josh Richards struggles...

hesucks
01-26-2021, 09:21 AM
Why is he so inconsistent? He’s been driving rockets for years and has the backing from Clint Bowyer.

Pennsboro32
01-26-2021, 09:29 AM
I don't think its Josh. He didn't forget how to drive.

NeedforLM$peed
01-26-2021, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't hit the panic button on a new season after 2 events.

Rajflyboy
01-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Clint bowyer has some bucks 😁

Highside Hustler25
01-26-2021, 10:19 AM
I don't think its Josh. He didn't forget how to drive.

So true. That can be said about most guy's out there. With times so close, it doesn't take much to go from front row to 3rd row. Again, the cars being so even, get behind the 8 ball, and your chances of winning drop dramatically. Nowadays it's all about qualifying.

Rajflyboy
01-26-2021, 10:22 AM
Josh needs to hook up with Bloomer. Give his daddy some competition 😜😃

riddle28
01-26-2021, 12:38 PM
i like clint, with that being said when has his team ever over performed or really even matched the equipment theyve had? 2014 is the only year everything went like it should. Im not sure if its the structure or crews or what but the actual results hardly ever match what they should look like on paper. No way should the best ride be consistently better than cbr

Rajflyboy
01-26-2021, 12:46 PM
Hell I went to a late model race like ten years ago and Bowyer got whooped by non other than the extremely talented Austin Dillon

Highside Hustler25
01-26-2021, 12:47 PM
riddle28, I think Randall is the reason. One of the, if not the best guy to have in your corner.

riddle28
01-26-2021, 01:11 PM
riddle28, I think Randall is the reason. One of the, if not the best guy to have in your corner.

thats true, good crew chief and maybe a better coach

riddle28
01-26-2021, 01:13 PM
Hell I went to a late model race like ten years ago and Bowyer got whooped by non other than the extremely talented Austin Dillon

childress hired the mcdowells to pretty much raise them like the first 5 years of their careers. they were pretty decent on dirt. didnt one of them set a new track record at eldora one year?

Pennsboro32
01-26-2021, 01:16 PM
childress hired the mcdowells to pretty much raise them like the first 5 years of their careers. they were pretty decent on dirt. didnt one of them set a new track record at eldora one year?

Austin came to West Virginia Motor Speedway once in a late model. He got around that place good, about as fast as anyone I've ever seen there. I think he was quick time that night and ended up breaking in the feature.

PushinTheLimit
01-26-2021, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure Austin holds the SLM track record at Boyd's Speedway. The place is normally slick, but that night it was hooked up and he broke the record.

TS FAN
01-26-2021, 01:42 PM
So true. That can be said about most guy's out there. With times so close, it doesn't take much to go from front row to 3rd row. Again, the cars being so even, get behind the 8 ball, and your chances of winning drop dramatically. Nowadays it's all about qualifying.

That is absolutely the case!!! Josh wound up trying so hard to make up for his time trials, that he over drove the car and backed up even more. Happens to the best of them sometimes. Qualify or you might be on stand by.

hesucks
01-26-2021, 03:33 PM
He should be a threat every time out regardless of his crew chief considering the access he has and funds. He also should know Rocket cars better than anyone else considering the history. He just doesn’t seem to have the fire as in years past.

Pennsboro32
01-26-2021, 03:36 PM
He doesn't live anywhere near Rocket headquarters. What makes you think he should know the ins and outs of the rocket better than almost anyone?

Like mentioned before, the Bowyer rides have never been great. Don had a good year in 14', that's been about it. Plenty of big time drivers have struggled in that ride. They have the best of the best but money doesn't equal success.

hesucks
01-26-2021, 03:48 PM
I know he doesn’t live close but he’s obviously been around Rocket since the day he was born. Considering Mark is his dad and it’s the only chassis he’s ever been in, he should know them in and out.

Pennsboro32
01-26-2021, 03:52 PM
Technology and chassis development is always evolving.

dirtcrazy4u
01-26-2021, 08:03 PM
Josh's biggest mistake was leaving team valvoline. Yea say he needed to go out on his own and get to do it on his own. His first season with best was great. His second season was like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Erb has that ride because of the $$$ coming from family. It's a far better ride than his abilities. Josh will continue to struggle unless the car is perfect. B Sheppard has drive to be the best. Josh became a family man and lost that drive.

84wedge
01-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Qualify to start near the front, get in front in the heat race, start in the front of the feature, get in front of the feature. There's almost no passing these days, it's all about starting first unless you're willing to drive like an a$$h0le

00Hdmn
01-26-2021, 09:02 PM
Qualify to start near the front, get in front in the heat race, start in the front of the feature, get in front of the feature. There's almost no passing these days, it's all about starting first unless you're willing to drive like an a$$h0le

Way easier to win up front, but man have you watched the last two nights at Eastbay? Moran from the back last night and Richards from the back to 4th tonight. I say there has been some dang good racing!

Finnfan25
01-26-2021, 09:05 PM
I like Clint Bowyer, seems to be entertaining and from all I've heard a pretty good, down-to-earth guy. But the list of CBR career killers is getting longer and longer and even though O'Neal won the title once, they've never had a standout season from any of their drivers and teams, and it seems funding isn't an issue. Is it possible that their salaries are high enough that they lose some of their motivation?

Pennsboro32
01-27-2021, 07:02 AM
Josh's biggest mistake was leaving team valvoline. Yea say he needed to go out on his own and get to do it on his own. His first season with best was great. His second season was like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Erb has that ride because of the $$$ coming from family. It's a far better ride than his abilities. Josh will continue to struggle unless the car is perfect. B Sheppard has drive to be the best. Josh became a family man and lost that drive.

This post didn't age well.

About 30 min after posting this, Terbo takes the checkers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 07:07 AM
Way easier to win up front, but man have you watched the last two nights at Eastbay? Moran from the back last night and Richards from the back to 4th tonight. I say there has been some dang good racing!

There have been movers in the features. It's the heats where no one can pass. Usually the b main is that way too. Track has to slow down a tick, before they can race.

And that said, restarts are where big chunks of those moves come from.

Jking24
01-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Josh's biggest problem is he shows up at the track with his helmet bag. It's the same problem all the Bowyer drivers have had. Don O'Neal was probably about the best non working driver that's ever been on either series but the results reflect that. This isn't nascar where 150 people have been fine tuning your ride all week and you show up and hold the steering wheel on Friday and then they go over the "data" and dial the car in. It's a proven fact that you have to be involved in and understand most every sieve of a dirt latemodel to be successful. You slso need people who know your driving and what the car should be doing watching you turn laps. It's very hard to make all the calls in these cars from the seat very very few drivers can do that effectively through their whole career. This is one of the things that makes larson so good so fast. He doesent have a feel he's looking for he just goes out their and looks for speed and he trust that kevin has given him s fast car

bullittwrench
01-27-2021, 10:56 AM
Im curious. How many drivers just show up at the track and drive and spend minimal time in the shop. Josh? TMac? Davenport? B Shepp? EPJ? Bailes?

84wedge
01-27-2021, 11:34 AM
Way easier to win up front, but man have you watched the last two nights at Eastbay? Moran from the back last night and Richards from the back to 4th tonight. I say there has been some dang good racing!All those restarts are where the passing happens. The camera should be focused on the pack during those restarts since that's where the action is.

Pennsboro32
01-27-2021, 11:39 AM
Im curious. How many drivers just show up at the track and drive and spend minimal time in the shop. Josh? TMac? Davenport? B Shepp? EPJ? Bailes?

Shepp is more hands on than people tend to believe.

NeedforLM$peed
01-27-2021, 12:04 PM

The second season where he finished second in points only 285 behind? And still won the DTWC also.

84wedge
01-27-2021, 12:44 PM
Shepp is more hands on than people tend to believe.I've watched a couple shop videos from the Rocket factroy and Sheppard was in the background working on cars.

dirtcrazy4u
01-27-2021, 01:20 PM
Pennsboro. Yea he was up on the wheel for sure. Will see how Tyler is doing in a couple months. I hope the kid does do well, he just seems to fade as the season drags on. The kid is young and I'm sure he has a great deal of distractions which come with a single guy his age.

00Hdmn
01-27-2021, 08:52 PM
All those restarts are where the passing happens. The camera should be focused on the pack during those restarts since that's where the action is.

I agree that does happen a lot on restarts and I agree the heats are pretty subpar. The action up front in the features have been great though. The fast cars battling for the win. Pretty stellar if you ask me. No choo choo races.

ZERO25
01-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Two keywords.....Mark Richards!

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 09:26 PM
Two keywords.....Mark Richards!

The George Soros of dirt late models.

ZERO25
01-27-2021, 10:01 PM
The George Soros of dirt late models.

More like Donald Trump.......the GREATEST racecars ever built! lol

Kryptonite17
01-27-2021, 10:14 PM
Erb fades as the season goes on because the tracks dry out quicker in the summer and he is clearly a hammer down driver. However, I will say I was impressed with Erb running well in Arizona. I think Randall has figured out how to get the car tight enough in the slick and Terbo has gotten a little better with the right foot on slicker surfaces. A combination that seems to be working well so far this season.

bullittwrench
01-28-2021, 08:02 AM
Josh lives approx 4 1/2 to 5 hours from Shinnston.

dirty-white-boy
01-28-2021, 12:35 PM
I personally think it shows how much of a team effort makes a difference. I mean even his daddy says there is nothing special about the house car, it has the same setup and parts as all the other Rockets have. Right?.......or?........